PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Favored Soul by Unhearted Arcana REVISITED

Nimlouth
2017-02-08, 02:27 AM
Greetings and Salutations! I'm new to being an active community member here, but i've been reading these forums since 5e came out so i wanted to step up and make a contribution to it.

I have plenty of homebrew that needs feedback (since I want to use it for my games) so i decided to post it here and share it with you all :'3.

Let's jump right to it!

After reading the UA article about sorcerer bloodlines, i was kind of unsatisfied by the Favored Soul. IMHO they did a poor job giving this potentially awesome bloodline to an already underrated class.
So I started tweaking it a little bit:

Favored Soul
Sometimes the spark of magic that fuels a sorcerer comes from a divine source that glimmers within the soul. It may come from a bloodline that ascends to a powerful ancient celestial being or deity, or it may be a unique gift from such an entity. Perhaps you were born under the stars that an ancient prophecy predicted, or you have gained the favor of a god interested in the threads of your destiny.
Favored Souls are servants of the gods, although they don’t choose the path of divine they walk like a cleric would, but instead they are born with it in their own blood.
Most Favored Souls become priests and champions of the entities that granted them their power.

Divine Magic
Your link with the divine allows you to learn spells normally associated with the cleric class. Whenever you learn a new sorcerer spell or cantrip, you can choose the new spell from the cleric spell list, in addition to the sorcerer spell list. You must otherwise obey all the restrictions for selecting the spell, and it becomes a sorcerer spell for you.

Blessed Life
At 1st level, you are blessed with a spark of godly life that you can channel from your body to another creatures around you. Your hit point maximum increases by 1, and it increases by 1 again whenever you gain a level in this class. Additionally as an action, you can give a living creature that you can touch a number of temporary hit points that are subtracted from your own current hit points. You can give this benefit to various creatures, but you can only spend a total number of hit points equal to your sorcerer level.
Whenever you take a short or long rest, you regain any hit points spent by this feature and the effect disappears from the creatures in which you used them.

Favored Fate
Starting at 1st level, divine power guards your destiny. If you fail a saving throw or miss with an attack roll, you can roll 1d8 and add it to the total, possibly changing the outcome.
Once you used this feature, you can’t use it again until you finish a short or long rest.

Godly Presence
At 6th level, your divine essence causes you to undergo a minor physical transformation. Your appearance takes on one of the following qualities (your choice): beautiful, youthful, kind or imposing.
Starting also from 6th level, you can spend one sorcery point to gain advantage on any charisma check or saving throw you make or impose disadvantage on another creature’s charisma check or saving throw.

Spark of the Immortal
At 14th level, you gain resistance to necrotic damage and become immune to disease and poison.

Unearthly Soul
At 18th level, you gain the ability to overcome grievous injuries and destroy the enemies that caused them. As a bonus action when you have less than half of your hit points remaining, you can regain a number of hit points equal to half your hit point maximum and deal radiant damage equal to your sorcerer level to any enemy in a 15ft. radius circle from you.
Once you use this feature, you can’t use it again until you finish a long rest.

FEED ME! what do you think about it? xD

Also sorry for my english :'d