PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Ghostwalk for Pathfinder?

EisenKreutzer
2017-02-08, 05:04 AM
I kind of like Ghostwalk.

How much of a hassle would using Ghostwalk with Pathfinder be?

If you were converting it for your own use, what would you change while keeping as true to the original book as possible?

Fizban
2017-02-08, 09:24 AM
The main ghost template would be easy, hardly anything to change I expect. The rest of the material is old 3.25 and pretty dated, you'd probably want to rebuild everything to match pathfinder standards. The ghost feats were made pretty conservatively, while they'd be cheaper thanks to pathfinder's extra feats they might not satisfy pathfinderites. The ghost classes as well, just plain full BAB or casting with ghost feats, not going to please people accustomed to pathfinder classes. On the other hand that does mean being a ghost actually has a cost in losing your normal pile of class features, and the benefits of incorporeality should cost more than nothing.

Easiest way would be update the template, ditch the ghost classes and track the calling separately, and give out a bonus ghost feat and/or let people trade in one or more feats when they ghostify.

Do remember that being incorporeal is basically nothing but benefit for casters that don't need spellbooks, a mild inconvenience for those that do, and a serious setback/cost for anyone who uses weapons.

Psyren
2017-02-08, 10:15 AM
Do remember that being incorporeal is basically nothing but benefit for casters that don't need spellbooks, a mild inconvenience for those that do, and a serious setback/cost for anyone who uses weapons.

It's actually not THAT big a setback; Ghost Touch is only +1 after all.

Fizban
2017-02-08, 10:48 AM
Which is either 6,000gp if you weren't going to use any other weapon abilities, or cuts into your damage by displacing one of those abilities, or is even more expensive, and it's per weapon. Or you find another workaround with a similar minimum price in the 4-8 thousand range. Plus another 10% markup on all your other items. If Pathfinder has a version of Ghostly Grasp from Libris Mortis that'd be the easiest solution, but personally I think it'd be more fun to make people actually jump through the ghost hoops. If the only thing difference between being a ghost and alive is that ghosts pay more for magic items and have 50% miss chance against anything that's not anti-ghost, that's pretty boring.

Psyren
2017-02-08, 11:25 AM
Meh, I'd say feats are generally more valuable than gold, especially so for a mere extra +1 increase.