PDA

View Full Version : Ring of [Corridor of Darkness] price/help?

TheBrassDuke
2017-02-08, 08:22 AM
So using two spells, I'm trying to design a ring of Shadow Walk that essentially acts like a Corridor of Darkness (KH):

https://www.khwiki.com/images/thumb/d/d4/Corridor_of_Darkness_KHII.png/179px-Corridor_of_Darkness_KHII.png

It works just like the Shadow Walk spell, but is made with the spell Darkness too, so that when activated, it creates a gate of shadow (filling the prerequisite for "shadowy illumination" or darker) so that you can get out in a flash--even if you're standing beneath the relentless sun in the middle of a desert.

I'm just wondering how much this would cost both to create and as a buy now price.

Thank you for any help I can get, Playground!

Edit: Also, I'm wondering if it should have a usage limit. I thought maybe, say, 3/day, kind of like the Boots of Teleportation.

TheBrassDuke
2017-02-08, 12:25 PM
I've been trying to work on it myself this morning, and it's giving me a headache.

Telonius
2017-02-08, 12:55 PM
It looks to me like this would be just a basic ring that ignores a limiting factor in the usual casting. I'd just tack on a bit of extra cost - maybe equal to a continuous Darkness effect, maybe less - on top of the usual Ring cost.

If it's command word activated, that would be Spell Level * Caster Level * 1800, so 6*11*1800=118,800gp as the base price (59,000gp/4752xp/118 days to create). If you're making it a 3/day item, then that's 118,800/(5/3)= 71,280gp as the base price (35,640gp/2851xp/72 days to create). Plus whatever you want to tack on for working in daylight.

TheBrassDuke
2017-02-08, 01:50 PM
Plus whatever you want to tack on for working in daylight.

Well it's a ring made with the two spells: Shadow Walk and Darkness; the latter is there specifically so the ring can create a gate of darkness the wearer may step through via Shadow Walk, without having to be in an area of at least shadowy illumination.