PDA

View Full Version : How would we stat Onionbro?

weckar
2017-02-08, 08:40 AM
I know, strange question, but how would we stat Siegmeyer of Catarina [Dark Souls]?

I figure he's probably no higher than 7th level, and mostly a Paladin, but I really have to wonder what his mental ability scores are like...

Martin Greywolf
2017-02-08, 10:02 AM
Definitely not paladin, since Siegmeyer can't cast, and there is a distinct lack of horses of any kind in DS (DS2 has Executioners' chariot and his twin in Drangleic castle, tho). Not Rogue because heavy armor, no barbarian because there isn't anything like rage (both tearstone rings used at the same time come somewhat close) and because heavy armor. You could maybe argue ranger with low wisdom, but he kinda sucks at getting around places. So, in final analysis, I'd say fighter.

As for his level, well, he has 3 times the HP of undead merchant, so probably level 4 at best, with people like Gwyn hitting somewhere around lvl 10. It's kinda difficult to really say, though, since DS levels and HP work so differently from DnD.

And obviously, positive charisma modifier and full ranks in Diplomacy - he's just about the most talkative person around.

For alignment, probably LN verging on the LG, he's definitely nice to people he meets to a point and feels in your debt after saving him three times, but he doesn't seem to be all that interested in improving the world at all, only in adventuring and attaining glory.

weckar
2017-02-08, 10:27 AM
I think I said Paladin purely because he does provide you with a miracle, but I see your point. Actually a very fair total analysis :)