PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Most UNoptimized build (let's see how bad it gets)

SquirtleSquad
2017-02-08, 07:39 PM
Rules:
10 point buy
All pazio licenced books
Level 1- infinity
Gp as average at level 20 (880 000gp) (buy all those cursed items!)
(This is going to be terrible)
Go my fellow playgrounders!

Coretron03
2017-02-08, 07:53 PM
Commoner spending all his pointbuy on Cha, wearing the heaviest armour and using a tower sheild and a dagger with lots of curses so he could only hit on a 20 and deals 1d4-2 damage if he does. You'd be hard pressed to find something worse.

Edit: spend feat on skill focus: Profession (sucking).

Aldrakan
2017-02-08, 07:59 PM
Rules:
10 point buy
All pazio licenced books
Level 1
Gp as average at level 20 (880 000gp) (buy all those cursed items!)
(This is going to be terrible)
Go my fellow playgrounders!

I think a good start would be a dual-cursed oracle with Charisma as a dump stat.

What are the worst curses you can take? Probably Clouded Vision for the non-improving one, not sure about improving.

Edit: Right level one, it doesn't matter which is which.

Maybe Covetous? Spend all 880000 on stuff that doesn't qualify, so they're constantly sickened and trying to rob people. I mean we don't want them to just suck at combat right, we need them to actively destroy themselves.

ApologyFestival
2017-02-08, 08:08 PM
Commoner spending all his pointbuy on Cha, wearing the heaviest armour and using a tower sheild and a dagger with lots of curses so he could only hit on a 20 and deals 1d4-2 damage if he does. You'd be hard pressed to find something worse.
Does Dragon Magazine count as a Paizo-licensed source? I'd say it does! Take the Corpse flaw from Dragon #330 to also be dead. Spend the extra feat on Skill Focus (Underwater Basketweaving).

Mechalich
2017-02-08, 08:18 PM
There are feats that are worse than skill focus. For example, buying nautical feats for a character with no ranks in sail related skills who lives in a land-locked desert nation.

enderlord99
2017-02-08, 08:20 PM
I believe there was a build called "Nup-nup" that falls unconscious and begins dying if it ever tries to take an action.

Aldrakan
2017-02-08, 08:27 PM
There are feats that are worse than skill focus. For example, buying nautical feats for a character with no ranks in sail related skills who lives in a land-locked desert nation.

For that matter being a gillman (with Slimehunter to get rid of that pesky +2 enchantment bonus) who lives in a land-locked desert nation.

oxybe
2017-02-08, 08:41 PM
Ancient aged Gnome fighter 20, lower str 7 via point buy, an extra -2 for race, then put as many points into dex & con, wear platemail and let age penalties do the rest.

grarrrg
2017-02-08, 08:57 PM
Pity you specified level 1.
There are a few ways to mess yourself up with mix-n-match archetypes.

Bladebound Magus + Witch
Bladebound cannot have a Familiar, Witches cannot do spells without their Familiars.

Martial Artist Monk + Qinggong Monk
Martial Artist ditches Ki Pool. Qinggong trades class features for Ki-powered abilities.

Vivisectionist Alchemists + Arcane Bomber Wizard
A strict RAW reading leaves you with no Bombs.

Also, when/if the character qualifies for it, don't forget to take the Monkey Lunge feat.

Vhaidara
2017-02-08, 09:18 PM
Level 1 elf wizard, Venerable. You have a Con of 2.

Take this feat (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/troth-of-the-forgotten-pharaoh)

You have a maximum HP of -1.

Coretron03
2017-02-08, 09:22 PM
Level 1 elf wizard, Venerable. You have a Con of 2.

Take this feat (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/troth-of-the-forgotten-pharaoh)

You have a maximum HP of -1.

Sadly doesn't work, the HP you gain at level one had a minimum of one, although your guy would be forever on one hp without magical support. I should do that to my commoner.

The feat isnt needed, being venrable gives -6 con which would give him 1 hp without th feat.

Vhaidara
2017-02-08, 09:24 PM
Sadly doesn't work, the HP you gain at level one had a minimum of one, although your guy would be forever on one hp without magical support. I should do that to my commoner.

The feat isnt needed, being venrable gives -6 con which would give him 1 hp without th feat.

yeah, you have 2 HP. Then the feat lowers it by 3. The feat has no such restriction against dropping your max HP below 0.

EDIT: oh, and you can also have a 23 Int on a wizard at level 1 with this build. Pretty broken.

Coretron03
2017-02-08, 09:27 PM
Thats fair I think, however you would have 1 HP before the feat because 1 con has a negitive modifier of 5 which would leave you on one (FC can be something other then HP)

Edit: yeah, except he's permanently unconscious :smallyuk:. Also I hear asimiar can get +4 racial int.

Mechalich
2017-02-08, 09:30 PM
For that matter being a gillman (with Slimehunter to get rid of that pesky +2 enchantment bonus) who lives in a land-locked desert nation.

You could actually go full on merfolk with this, and be the PC equivalent of the Devil's Hole Pupfish (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devils_Hole_pupfish), forever confined to an area only a dozen or so hectares in size.

Krazzman
2017-02-09, 04:54 AM
Look at the Pathfinder Iconic Ranger.

Unoptimized does not need to mean negatively optimized... just not optimized for something.

You could achieve this with a Ranger using the Two-Handed Fighting Style but not having a weapon or never use the weapon you have and instead go for crossbow shooting without rapid reload and then take a few of the skill feats instead of archery feats or something similar.

Bucky
2017-02-09, 10:52 AM
Keep in mind that in actual play, strategy can mitigate certain build problems. For example, the tower shield commoner can simply drop his shield, while the mis-equipped ranger can quickly acquire a quarterstaff.

SquirtleSquad
2017-02-09, 03:52 PM
Pity you specified level 1.
There are a few ways to mess yourself up with mix-n-match archetypes.

Bladebound Magus + Witch
Bladebound cannot have a Familiar, Witches cannot do spells without their Familiars.

Martial Artist Monk + Qinggong Monk
Martial Artist ditches Ki Pool. Qinggong trades class features for Ki-powered abilities.

Vivisectionist Alchemists + Arcane Bomber Wizard
A strict RAW reading leaves you with no Bombs.

Also, when/if the character qualifies for it, don't forget to take the Monkey Lunge feat.

We can make exceptions for levels if anyone wants, I don't think anyone would mind.

For the perpetually unconscious wizard, wouldn't a commoner be even worse, and also, how would you role-play that 😂

Coretron03
2017-02-09, 04:13 PM
Keep in mind that in actual play, strategy can mitigate certain build problems. For example, the tower shield commoner can simply drop his shield, while the mis-equipped ranger can quickly acquire a quarterstaff.
Yeah but the commoner still has negitive strength and no proficiency so hes looking at -9 to hit without the tower sheild or the armour and he has around 5 AC and deals 1d4-5 damage so yeah, still useless :smallbiggrin:.

We can make exceptions for levels if anyone wants, I don't think anyone would mind.

For the perpetually unconscious wizard, wouldn't a commoner be even worse, and also, how would you role-play that 😂
It a adventure hook! Your brother was stupid and took that feat so your off to find a belt of constitution +4 for him/ somehow make him take a level in unbreakable fighter for diehard.

Quertus
2017-02-09, 04:37 PM
Rules:
All pazio licenced books

Um... Does that mean Pathfinder?

In D&D, off the top of my head, I'd go... Vampire 12-headed 1/2-minotaur 1/2-ogre commoner X. That's about the most words I care to stack together when making a build.

So that's... Vampire (0+8) 12-headed (22+6) 1/2-minotaur (0+1) 1/2-ogre (1+2) = 40 levels of race, before you can take your first level as a commoner.

EDIT: I had someone make the perpetually unconscious ancient one once. It was a blast! Of course, you can slightly mitigate that problem with items, spells, etc.

Particle_Man
2017-02-10, 12:13 PM
If you want to dip into earlier editions, I seem to remember a "Hopeless Character" class for 1st ed AD&D that had a d2 HD every level. Not that you got a new d2 when you leveled up - you just rerolled the original one. This was from an issue of Dragon magazine (can't remember the number, but I am pretty sure it was an April issue). :smallsmile:

geonova
2017-02-10, 12:31 PM
This thread reminds me of the 3rd edition playtest druid; who focused on throwing scimitars, prepared summon nature's ally every morning and only used wildshape to turn into a hawk.

Particle_Man
2017-02-10, 01:24 PM
Anyhow, the Soulborns appreciate the heroic efforts made here to make them seem at least relatively useful. :smallbiggrin:

Grod_The_Giant
2017-02-10, 04:14 PM
On an unrelated note, that's a competitive new entry for "worst feat in the game." Seriously, a feat slot and permanent health loss to drop the rough equivalent of a 1st level spell when you die?

Vhaidara
2017-02-10, 04:29 PM
On an unrelated note, that's a competitive new entry for "worst feat in the game." Seriously, a feat slot and permanent health loss to drop the rough equivalent of a 1st level spell when you die?

Don't forget immediate action suicide.

Oh, and worse than a 1st level spell. It's Reflex NEGATES, not half

EisenKreutzer
2017-02-10, 04:31 PM

It's really cool for a villain or a gang of mooks in a boss fight, though.

SquirtleSquad
2017-02-11, 06:56 AM

"Oh no! What should I do! I'm going to die! ...I know *laughs evily* I'll... Commit suicide to do 1d6 damage (reflex negates) to these PC's, that'll teach em!"

Calthropstu
2017-02-11, 09:22 AM
This could be fun.

Here's my submission:

Str 10, dex 11, con 7, int 8, wis 18, cha 7

oracle, dual curse blind AND deaf
If this makes it past lvl 1, it's a true miracle

SquirtleSquad
2017-02-11, 09:27 AM
This could be fun.

Here's my submission:

Str 10, dex 11, con 7, int 8, wis 18, cha 7

oracle, dual curse blind AND deaf
If this makes it past lvl 1, it's a true miracle

This is good, but wouldn't an 18 in something more useless make this more unoptimized

EisenKreutzer
2017-02-11, 10:15 AM
"Oh no! What should I do! I'm going to die! ...I know *laughs evily* I'll... Commit suicide to do 1d6 damage (reflex negates) to these PC's, that'll teach em!"

At level 1-3, if it's a gang of 4-5 mooks who all have that feat it could be an interesting encounter. It might not be a powerful effect, but it's reasonably dangerous at low levels.

Hish
2017-02-11, 11:23 AM

What about the Turtle Dart feat from Races of Stone? It requires weapon focus (short sword), an exotic armor proficiency, and either an exotic sheild proficiency or tower sheild proficiency. When wearing your exotic armor and carrying your exotic sheild, any creature that you hit with your short sword does not threaten AoOs against you while you move away from it.

Any build with Turtle Dart is unoptimized

Edit: 3.5e, but it's still worthy of mention

Grod_The_Giant
2017-02-11, 11:41 AM
What about the Turtle Dart feat from Races of Stone? It requires weapon focus (short sword), an exotic armor proficiency, and either an exotic sheild proficiency or tower sheild proficiency. When wearing your exotic armor and carrying your exotic sheild, any creature that you hit with your short sword does not threaten AoOs against you while you move away from it.

Oh no, there are much worse things out there. That's an incredibly niche bonus, but it at least does something positive for your build. The absolute worst feats are the ones like Troth there, that set a feat slot on fire in order to unambiguously hinder you. Focused Lexicon is the classic, as by RAW it makes your Truenaming checks harder when facing certain enemy types with no other benefit, but Caustic Slur (take an action to give an enemy Power Attack) is right up there.

legomaster00156
2017-02-11, 11:44 AM

Races of Stone is a 3.5 book. This is a Pathfinder-tagged thread. As a result, Turtle Dart is not a feat "in the game".

Jopustopin
2017-02-11, 11:46 AM
Kobold commoner with a con of 3 would have 1 hp. Then with the draconic rite he'd have zero hit points.

Take the spell familiar pocket for lulz.

grarrrg
2017-02-11, 11:03 PM

"As an immediate action, or when you die, you can..."
"Spells such as raise dead or speak with dead cannot be used on your remains,..."

I'd say Eisen is on the money > feat is designed for enemies, not players.

In the right campaign I can see most mooks you fight having this feat (skip the really low level ones, as 3 HP is a lot at level 1).
You kill them, they explode.
You get them close to 0, they explode.
If you knock them below 0 but not dead, you sure as heck better have a plan, otherwise either they die and explode, or when they regain consciousness they explode.
And you can't interrogate them after death to "learn of the master's plans" because Speak With Dead doesn't work (something probably does though...).