PDA

View Full Version : Doomguy in 5e

Draco4472
2017-02-08, 08:40 PM
A while ago I had a conversation with another player in my group as to what class Doomguy would be in 5e. For reference, we only used the most recent Doom game.

Our thoughts were a Paladin/Barbarian.

Out of curiosity, what does the playground think?

DragonSorcererX
2017-02-08, 08:47 PM
I would say CN VHuman (Sharpshooter)/Revenant Gunslinger/Battlemaster with Modern Era Guns from DMG.

Just remember, in DOOM, the guns are equivalent to magic items, so you don't need to think that they are too op, just give them to the pc as you would give magic items.

RulesJD
2017-02-08, 09:02 PM
Hmmmm

Well he takes a tremendous amount of punishment and shrugs most of it off, so I would say definitely at least some Bearbarian, especially given that he can go Beserk.

He can't really heal himself so I wouldn't say Paladin. I would say straight Fighter. He doesn't really have a ton of ways of improving his weapons or attacks besides being unnaturally accurate, so Champion Fighter.

Additionally, he has superhuman speed, so I would say some levels of Open Palm Monk, although not enough for Evasion.

LordVonDerp
2017-02-10, 04:44 PM
Depends on what part of him you look at.

-He's a heavily armed and armored knight from a holy order trying to avenge his fallen brothers using holy armor and sword (chainsaw, whatever)
This would suggest vengeance paladin,

-He exists in a constant state of rage and has a preference for very large weapons.
Barbarian

-He runs really fast and tears demons apart with his bare hands.
Monk

GlenSmash!
2017-02-10, 06:32 PM
Barbarian will give you Rage, Resistance, and Fast Movement. Some levels in Monk or Tavern Brawler for unarmed damage.

NecroDancer
2017-02-10, 10:01 PM
Id say Vhuman barbarian X/rogue 2 with the tavern brawler feat. The barbarian levels give you rage, resistance, fast movement, dangersense. The 2 rogue levels give you cunning action to dash and disengage. So assuming you dash each turn you can move 45 ft + 60 ft = 105 ft of movment per turn at will.