PDA

View Full Version : Hints on getting to hit for a dread necro knight

angelblood_6x
2017-02-08, 08:51 PM
Hello guys,
I have this lvl 9 dread necromancer. He rides a funny zombie dragon (wich has flyby attack), and taking ride by attack feat, will make a good lance attack during the dive of the zombie dragon. With riding boots and spirited charge, I'm taking good damage bonuses. Problem is I never hit, cause of low bab (I still have a 17 base STR and +2 STR gloves, btw). I'm open to any suggestion to augment this low to-hit roll.
I tried the X to Y thread, trying to put CHA on to-hit, but not found anything useful. The Thunderlance spell is not viable, cause I can't take it and it isn't actually a lance.
I'm not stuck on CHA things: I looked for Divine Power (but can't cast it at all), ways to make my attacks touch attacks (Wraithstrike), still not in spell list; simplier thing should be maxing STR I think, but I can't figure how to take the best from it, or how at all.
Any suggestion is welcomed.
Thank you for your time.

Deophaun
2017-02-08, 09:11 PM
Put ranks in Use Magic Device. Get a knowstone of whatever arcane spell you want. You can now cast it as if it's on your list. Barring that, if you don't want to deal with UMD but have money to spare, Drake Helm, page 151 of the Explorer's Handbook does much the same thing without the need for UMD but is more expensive. However, it does have one advantage in that, by using a ring of theurgy as a go-between, you can even attune it to divine spells (cast the divine spell into the ring, then the ring lets you cast the spell as an arcane version, which is used to attune the dragonshard).

So, that's how you can get improvisation, wraith strike, even divine power. There's also the Skillful weapon enhancement, which lets you wield the weapon as if you had medium BAB progression. I think it's a +2, or maybe even a +3. Expensive.