PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Help with character in military inspired campaign

Lethan
2017-02-09, 09:07 AM
As the title says, I would love some help/suggestions progressing my character who are in a military inspired campaign.

First off, I would like to give you a little background information on the campaign and such. We are a rather small group who meets four, maybe five, times a year. Our DM got inspired to make a military campaign by reading Heroes of Valor and Complete Warrior or some such. It really sounds cool and with less history and details and more action, it suits our frequency of play really well. Now, we are only two players, so we decided to go with Gestalt characters in order to cover more party roles. We also agreed to favor flavor over optimization and try to keep us at somewhat the same power level. Our DM told us, that he would like for us to build our characters in ways that support teamwork - even though we are only two characters.

And now for the character I would like suggestions on :)
Personally I prefer melee types - especially when there are months between sessions. I hate to spend the first hour to recap my spells and such. So I've made a human paladin/rogue (we are 3rd level). I've chosen the simple variant rogue combined with the wilderness rogue (both from UA as I recall). As for the paladin I expect to go the holy warrior way and maybe even switch out the mount. The feel I'm trying to get here, are a holy fighter who stalks the enemies of his God and strike them down without hesitation. I'm more at home in the wilderness than I am within the confines of walled cities of civilization and I prefer the war camp any day of the week. Scouting ahead and preparing ambushes for the baddies.
My attributes are (18, 14, 14, 12, 10, 15) and my selected feats are:
Track (1st level feat)
Endurance (human feat)
Improved Initiative (bonus feat from simple rogue)
Dodge (bonus feat from simple rogue)
Protection Devotion (3rd level feat)

The DM has allowed me to enter the Dread Commando (I might change the fluff) with Endurance and Dodge instead of Dodge and Mobility. So that is my aim for prestige class. Mainly for the armor and initiative stuff - and of course the flavor of the PrC. About the paladin mount I'm considering the Legionaire to get wings or the spirit to boost our collective healing power.

I've tried to find more feats (and maybe even classes) to further enhance the overall flavor of the character. If someone could suggest something it would be much appreciated. I'm especially looking for fighter bonus feats that have a teamwork-feel as I have a hard time finding some of those.

The DM are somewhat lenient with regard to sources (as for feats) as long as it is published and not homebrew.