PDA

View Full Version : DM Help spelltheif Gestalt Build Ideas Needed

Nosta
2017-02-09, 09:26 AM
so I am working on an archive on mind to list future Pc I want to play and one I've Been wanting to play is a Spellthief that is Gestalted with another 3.5 class. I am not sure what it should be considering it feels like spelltheif are all over the place with what there trying to do

Matrota
2017-02-09, 12:21 PM
Its a bit of a stretch, since optimization might be a nightmare, but an interesting class that would be fun to play with on a spellthief would be Ardent Dilettante. Granted, it's a prestige class that you can take at a minimum level of 5th, and you're gonna be needing the ability to cast 1st Level arcane and divine spells, so that certainly complicates things.

However, the reason I thought of it was an ability they get at 8th level which is honestly really powerful. Ardent Dilettantes become able to duplicate and recast any spell they were affected by within one round of the spell being cast, with the same DC and range as the original spell. You get to steal their spells and copycat any others they're left with.