PDA

View Full Version : Trying to remember some kind of raging dragon class

Xarteros
2017-02-09, 10:16 AM
Hours of google-fu and reading every book with "Dragon" in the title has yet to yield results.

I remember a class that was designed for dragons, and from what I recall it was in the theme of raging.

I've probably overlooked it a dozen times, but it might just be in a Dragon Magazine I've read before or something.

Looking for anything similar, or any classes that are designed for dragons that might improve some of their abilities

No biggie if nobody can find it, I'm just curious about the topic of dragon characters at the moment and want to see if I can unearth this thing to read it again

Lormador
2017-02-09, 10:23 AM
Bloodscaled Fury, Draconomicon pg. 86

Psyren
2017-02-09, 10:25 AM
A dragon with the "Passion's Flame" Sovereign Archetype gains a rage ability - Dragons of Eberron 31

Gruftzwerg
2017-02-09, 10:32 AM
on a sidenote:
the dragon psychosis Ravening would fit the fluff. (Dragon Magazine #313)
- enhances the breath ability
- gives a (dragon breath type) damage shield
- +4 Str ; -4 Wis
- makes the dragon very hungry = muss eat as much as it's own body size every day

ShurikVch
2017-02-09, 07:31 PM
Dragon Descendant (Dragon Magic): Rampaging Ancestor - you become immune to fear, your unarmed strike count as magical and chaotic vs DR, and you get +1 insight on attack and damage (+2 at 5th level, and +3 at 9th)

Dragon Warrior (Dragon #298) - it's "dragon" in "oriental martial arts talk" sense, but you may take it literally; gets Dragon's Fury - like Barbarian's Rage, but Wis-based; at 10th level, gives +8 Str & Con, +4 Will, +4 hp/character level, and flaming weapon

Athasian Dragon (Dragon #339): [epic] PrC (and Epic Spellcasting (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/feats.htm#epicSpellcasting) is prerequisite); transforms you into Dragon-look-alike
The Change

Upon performing the ritual that starts advancement as an Athasian dragon, the character begins a process of growth and change that culminates with the character becoming a full Athasian dragon at 10th level. At each level, the dragon molts, shedding his old skin and emerging in his new, larger form.

The exact transformation that each dragon undergoes varies. The first four stages are usually marked by dramatic change, where the dragon becomes less and less recognizably humanoid. His neck stretches and lifts his head far from his body, his limbs lengthen, and his face becomes a long snout. Scales gradually appear all over the new dragon's body, and a tail begins to form.

The period of growth beginning at 4th level and ending at 10th level is marked by excruciating pain. Called the "animalistic rampage," the dragon is so wracked by pain that he can think of little else to do but lash out and cause as much destruction as possible. This constant pain drove the first dragon, Borys, into an insane rage.

During this time, a DM might opt to take control of the Athasian dragon occasionally, reflecting the lack of self-control the dragon suffers during the transformation process.

Xorvintaal Dragon template (Monster Manual V): Berserker Power - when down to half of hp (or less), gets +1 on attack and damage for every 2 age categories (lasts until healed)

Dragonspawn, Abomination template (Bestiary Of Krynn, Revised): if base creature was Minotaur, Ogre, Half-Minotaur, or Half-Ogre - gets Rage - as Barbarian

Proto-Creature template (Bestiary Of Krynn, Revised): Rage - as Barbarian, HDs count as Barbarian levels (and stacks with Barbarian levels) for number of times/day; when deals damage to enemy in combat, should save Will 15 or auto-Rage

Kaiju template (Dragon #289): one of additional possible SAs is Battle Frenzy - when down to 25% hp (or less), gets +4 Str and extra bite attack (lasts until healed)

Xarteros
2017-02-10, 09:54 AM
Bloodscaled Fury, Draconomicon pg. 86

As I sit here in a pool of my own derp, I thank you good sir! That's the exact class I was thinking of =)

I managed to read every normal prestige class in that book about 30 times, yet somehow missed the entire column of Dragon-specific prestige classes. I guess I just assumed they'd all be together XD