PDA

View Full Version : DM Help D&d3.5 Warforged paladin and Lay on hand ability enhancers

DanielMovius
2017-02-09, 11:35 AM
Hello guys,

I'm actually DMing a game with low power characters (I let all the option but the players decided to go low Op char) and one of them wanted to be a little bit unique and wanted to play a Warforged Paladin, and to be precise an Harmonious Warforged Paladin.
The group is composed of a Psion (shaper, he is outshinning the others but they don't mind), a Psionic rogue, a Factotum and a Duskblade. They don't want to play with Tome of Battle (it is sad because I love this book) and are happy without Ubercharger, Ubermount and King of smack.

I already accepted the fact that he is an harmonious knight even without any god (Warforged Paladins respect/worship Good in general), anyway a warforged could also be touched by the beauty of music.

My player doesn't want to have a mount for Roleplaying issues, and asked me to trade it for the level 5 alternate class feature: Divine spirit.

One problem is that he doesn't have anymore Lay on hands but Repair damage and the divine spirit of healing (what he really wants) is ruled as the following:

Spirit of Healing: This spirit increases your ability to heal damage dealt to you or your allies. When summoned, it can heal an amount of damage equal to twice the amount you can heal using your lay on hands ability.
Do you think it is ok to let him a spirit based on is Repair damage but without the fact that it is supposed to heal only for 1/2 time living creature?

He also wanted to take the feat Hand of a healer:
Prerequisite: Cha 13, lay on hands class ability.
Benefit: When determining how many hit points you can cure, treat your Charisma score as if it were 2 points higher

Should I accept it for Repair damage too but for CON? Same for Unicorn Pendant (MIC) +4 charisma value

Also I proposed a new crafting system that let them improve their equipment by using the craft skill and new materials (quests, loots...) and he asked me if having a Crystal echoblade working on Harmonious knight level (or paladin lvl) was okay. I don't see the problem because it is based on paladin level/2.

His feats are pretty low ranking/classic: Lvl 1 Adamantine Body, Healing devotion (for a flaw for unability to use a ranged weapon), Power attack (for a flaw that remove 6 in initiative), From Smite to Song at lvl 3, Extra turning at lvl 4 (Holy warrior substitution).

He wants to advance only Paladin (without spells...) and it seems reasonable changes but maybe I didn't see all the cheesy options with that. What do you think about that?

Thank you in advance

Venger
2017-02-09, 04:34 PM
Your changes are wholly reasonable. While you're giving the player a very slight leg up, his character is still quite weak, so you haven't gone overboard in giving him goodies. he won't be breaking your game with his layout.