PDA

View Full Version : Help me optimize for a limited Gestalt Game

GrayDeath
2017-02-09, 12:49 PM
Hello y`all, its me again.

Since, to my dismay, the fun round I asked for "vote for my CLass/Race" Game isn`t happening too soon (Work reasons at the DMīs side), we decided to give another DM a chance.

He has set the following Limits on Characters:

Rules is 3.X, with main Focus on PF, unless the Classes/Races do not exist there.

You may take a T1 Class, but only optimize completely Cheesefree. Druids are a NoGo, as he himself is an avid Druid Player and knows they make many other Classes obsolete just by being there.

You may take T2 Classes and optimize normally (ergo slight Cheese is OK, but Cheese or anthing getting you closer to T1 is not) and gain an additional +2 to any one Attribute OR +1 to all Saves.

Or you may take T3+ Classes and Gestalt with other T3 or higher Classes. Under the following Limitations:
Side 1 is Single Class.
Side 2 is made up of Racial/LA/Template Levels/HD and up to one Base and one Prestige Class.
You gain 3 +2`s to your Races attributes (dont stack) OR +2 to all Saves if you are not taking any final LA/HD adjustment above 3, if you`re not going above +1 you get both.

And you may optimize to your hearts content as long as anything even remotely encroaching to infinite shennanigans is off limits.

Starting Level is 4, we are likely to reach at most Lvl 13-14 before we stop (we have around 3 months to play before the other GM returns, tops).

I of course jumped at option 3 and am already more or less sure what combination I am taking....but not sure where to actually go with it.

Basic Concept: Draconic Dragonborn Warforged Warlock3+/Warlord4+.
For Warlock we are using the following Mods: gets one additional Invocation every odd level, and another one at Levels 2, 6, 10, 16 and 20 (regular or Blast Shapes), gets an additional Blast Shape invocation every third Level, starting at Level 3, HD 8, Skillpts 6+IntMod, Eldritch Blast progresses as Sneak Attack, Rest as D&D.

We get Pointbuy 32 following PF Rules.

Idea is to build a utility-rich Commander/Meleeist/Supporter, with everything possible up to 11, powerwise.
With the final starting Attribute Adjustments being: +2Str, Dex-, +4 Con, +2 Int, +2 Charisma.
Many Immunities (even if without Fortification and inbuilt armor), great Stats and the combination of an active/Support with a Ranged/Support/SKills side, there should be a lot of room, no?

Help me maxx this out of the Aether (as I would have used the Avowed if I could I had to make this joke^^), please?

GrayDeath
2017-02-09, 02:22 PM
Hmmm, not the overwhelmingly helpful response I would have expected, knowing the forum......;)

Krazzman
2017-02-09, 03:10 PM
I really liked the concept of Slayer//Magus in one of my campaigns. The magus being the main side, with the slayer giving some rather nice complementary strengths. Full bab as well as good reflex and good amount of skill points. With sneak attack and slayer tricks being just icing on tip of that.

Alternatively a Magus//Inspired Blade (Swashbuckler) from ACG would make sense.

Looking into the classes that grant 6th level spells seems to fit your requirements for option 3. (Just stay away from summoner )

That is at least it for pathfinder.

In 3.5 the classes from ToB and MoI should be taken. A Totemist//Swordsage or Totemist//Warblade might be seriously terrifying as would a Crusader//Incarnate.

Grod_The_Giant
2017-02-09, 03:21 PM
I'm not familiar with Path of War, but if it's anything like ToB you're going to have trouble combining blasts and strikes. I suggest grabbing the Eldritch Claws feat; that lets you turn your blast into a pair of natural weapons, each dealing full blast damage. Add Improved/Superior Unarmed Strike if you'd like, Then focus mostly on passive invocations-- things like Spiderwalk, Beguiling Influence, or See the Unseen. Later on, maybe look at The Dead Walk, Charm, Fell Flight, and maybe Voracious Dispelling for a neat way to get rid of magical problems outside of combat.

GrayDeath
2017-02-09, 03:41 PM
I'm not familiar with Path of War, but if it's anything like ToB you're going to have trouble combining blasts and strikes. I suggest grabbing the Eldritch Claws feat; that lets you turn your blast into a pair of natural weapons, each dealing full blast damage. Add Improved/Superior Unarmed Strike if you'd like, Then focus mostly on passive invocations-- things like Spiderwalk, Beguiling Influence, or See the Unseen. Later on, maybe look at The Dead Walk, Charm, Fell Flight, and maybe Voracious Dispelling for a neat way to get rid of magical problems outside of combat.

That was my intention if going melee, yes.

I am however open to many different paths (and would actually prefer a more well rounded AND powerful build ^^).

Epic Legand
2017-02-09, 05:29 PM
Personally, for me I would go with side "A" being some full BAB Path of War class, the other side having 2 levels spent on ether 1/2 Demon or 1/2 Angel. Then a smattering of the "Buff self" type classes, Agais, or Investagator on the other side. Something that does not result in conflict of action economy. Pick your POW class, then your race. If it's Warlord, then a race with a buff the Chr for example. Skill monkey choices are not always the most powerful, but frequently always have a use. Getting to DO something is always fun. Personally, I do not see the Druid as more powerful then the Cleric or Wizard, but opinions vary.

GrayDeath
2017-02-11, 02:30 PM
Bump in the Road? ^^