PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Mist Assassin Build

MindTheGap97
2017-02-10, 10:27 AM
So, a friend of mine learned about the mist Assassin concept and really wants to build one, in our campaign magic items are really hard to come by, so, I'm not really confident in my ninja skillz, but I came up with a build, I would like to hear your advice on the matter as it's always great.

I went with Gnome as a race because you still have something to do if Obscuring Mist fails (Bewildering Koan is amazing).

So this is what I came up with:
25 Point Buy, starting level 5

Str: 10
Dex: 19 (first +1)
Con: 15
Int: 10
Wis: 8
Cha: 16

We use fractional BAB, this helps a bit:

Oracle 1/Ninja 4

Oracle revelation is Waves to get Water Sight as a revelation (unsure what the curse should be) and the ability to cast Obscuring Mist 4/day.

Now, for feats I thought:

1st- Weapon Finesse
3rd- Two-Weapon Fighting
5th- Bewildering Koan

And for ninja tricks

2nd- Combat-Trick: Point-Blank Shot
4th- Flurry of Stars

Thoughts, suggestions?

Geddy2112
2017-02-10, 10:47 AM
Are you limited to core curses only? Frenetic is a really good curse, particularly for your build. Forgotten is a great thematic curse for a mist assassin. Possessed and plagued are both very minor penalties, but neither give incredible boons. Haunted is good, just make sure you have all of your throwing stars at quick access.

NInja has a weak will save, so even with the oracle boost you are getting a little bold with 8 wis. See if you can swing the unchained ninja to get dex to damage at level 3 and weapon finesse for level 1.

If you are going for a mist assassin, consider the crimson assassin (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/c-d/crimson-assassin). It is feat intensive but also gives you some fun goodies, namely a way to auto kill, plus it is cha based so it can work with the ninja/oracle build.

Particle_Man
2017-02-10, 12:22 PM
Do ninja get access to the "minor magic" and "major magic" rogue tricks? If so, can you get obscuring mist a few more times a day?

Sylphs have a feat that lets them see through mist, if you want to free up your oracle options (or if the major magic trick works, if you want to go full on ninja).