PDA

View Full Version : Brainstorming So I wantsta build a fantasy-tragedy setting with yous alls.

Prince Zahn
2017-02-10, 12:48 PM
So it occurred to me that one of my favorite characters in my roster is a tragic character that never happened, it's like I want to tell a story around her but previous attempts have all failed. I want to build a small-scale, one/two-shot adventure that involves her, and potentially revolves around (or leads to) her death. I was hoping to make something more interactive because you guys are known for your good ideas :smalltongue: while I build this fantasy setting that would accommodate the tragedy I would feel a lot more at liberty building a plot around it.

Her name is Penelope Gardner, she's a mousy, petite florist with big dreams who is cursed with...something or another. (I've had several iterations of her and the curse was different in each version. :smallredface:) She should be an important NPC in this story/setting.

I also thought of a quote that might or might not be helpful for more inspiration work:

“Sometimes a meaningful tear and a prayer is all it takes to emerge from darkness, but next time you cry, try finding your tear in the rain, and, like the gods, you would not find it either."
Where do I even begin in building a setting for a tragedy? What do I focus my efforts on in this sort of story? What could set the atmosphere (or even hide it at first, if that's a thing?) has anyone else here done this sort of thing before?

I'd really love to speak with someone else about this, discuss ideas, share quotes or sayings that might be relevant, create something bigger out of this.

Thank you for your time reading this and I look forward to your input.