PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Powers that scale in power with ML? (i.E. Wall of Energy)

kkplx
2017-02-10, 01:11 PM
Hey everyone

Google has failed me so far - outside of Energy Wall (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/energyWall.htm),
are there other powers that directly increase in power based on ML instead/on top of spending more PP to augment it?

Additional Range or Duration (unless it is a Damage over time effect) not counting.

Kelb_Panthera
2017-02-10, 03:46 PM
CPsi has dark despair but that's it unless you want to start dumpster diving everywhere to try to find more because it's the only one in CPsi and wall of energy is it for XPH.

Telok
2017-02-10, 05:38 PM
Psionic Dismissal, save scales with ML
Schism, ML of the second mind is ML-6
Psionic Repair Damage, has a +1 hp/level
Escape Detection, ML vs ML opposed check stuff
Sensitivity to Psychic Impressions, 100 * ML years of sensing
Psionic Teleport, number of critters affected
Metamorphosis, HD limit
Psychofeedback, max = ML
Psychic Vampire, 2 pp per ML
Psionic Etherealness, number of critters
Psionic Moment of Prescience, bonus = ML
Energy Adaptation/Conversion, amount resisted as per Resist Energy spell

There’s more I'm sure.

kkplx
2017-02-10, 09:07 PM
Thanks for the answers so far. One more is control flames, since it increases the size of the affectable fire by ML, not PP spent

SangoProduction
2017-02-10, 11:28 PM
In Hyperconscious:

Psychic Bodyguard (you are guarding the mind, not the body, don't be confused)....doesn't technically scale with ML specifically, but scales with levels...specifically will saves. You make Will saves for your target.

Causal Loop: The target repeats the same action for 1 round per level. (I'd say this is effectively damage over time, since it's stuck while you beat on it, or set a trap for when it must repeat its action.)

Call of the Id: scales with ML...but it does require higher powerpoint totals for the higher ML summons. So probs not what you're looking for.

Chrysalis: 10 damage block per ML. But, DR doesn't scale with ML (must augment).

Impresa: ...is quite impressive. Basically gives you an additional 20% of your HD as an additional creature each cast for a day. Even ignoring the fact that you can cast multiple, and have them last for weeks on end even without Extend Power. So, here's your minion-mancy with added infiltration because why not.
Oh, and don't forget it has 20% of your target's memories....so just make it out of the BBEG to find out where they are and the places they frequent, depending on what is classified as "sensitive"...Or you can just start your own town, with blackjack and hookers. I mean, sure, a Wizard could just Dominate the town. But you can make your own, that's unquestioningly loyal, and have no will saves.

[I'd say it's balanced with Dominate...but that's implying that Dominate is balanced.]

/Sigh-animate Undead: 4x Manifester Level in HD worth of stuff animated.

Sensorineural Cascade: 1 round/level...but it's an AoE save or die. If they fail the save, they are blinded, and can do nothing 75% of the time. 25% of the time, they get their vision back for 1 round...and then must roll again and or be blind an unable to do anything for yet longer.

kkplx
2017-02-11, 07:05 AM
Hyperconscious - that's third party right?

ShurikVch
2017-02-11, 07:58 AM
Note: thanks to Erudite class and Chameleon Crafting feat, spells are now powers too, and some of them are scaling