PDA

View Full Version : For Honor Inspired Build

MrCeeJ
2017-02-10, 02:31 PM
Hey all,

So it's been too long since my group has played (damn adult obligations) and, like I often do, I started toying with a concept for a build, but I feel like I'm trying to cram too much into it.

I've been inspired by the warlord from For Honor and really like the sword and board concept with a shortsword/gladius. I agree that the Warlord is probably more of a barbarian or battle master, but I've been itching to play an EK. So this is where the cramming starts. Let me start off with the stats (point buy) so you know what I'm working with:

Human Variant

Str 16

DEX 14

CON 14

INT 12

WIS 10

CHA 8

Feat: Defensive Duelist

Stats are shown after +1's are applied form Variant

Gear to start would be shortsword & board and Scale Armor, so 18 AC + reaction AC

This gives me the basic concept, but then I started thinking of adding Shield Master feat at 4 to give me advantage on attacks after shoving prone and then I thought MC a couple levels of rogue for Sneak Attack to give the 1d6 shortsword some more oomph.

I then started thinking:

1) The BA for shield shove wouldn't trigger if doing a cantrip like booming blade

2) Does sneak attack trigger from a melee cantrip like booming blade?

3) Once level 7 EK is hit, shield bash and War Magic would compete for action economy. Sheild bash + multi attack would be great, but certain cantrips + BA for attack would work well too.

If I did MC into rogue, I hate the idea of doing it before level 5, but I feel like the Sneak Attack added to the shortsword would be most valuable in the early levels, plus adding even more of a boost to athletics would help the shove.

I realize this is nearly 2 concepts trying to be crammed into one character, but how viable do you think it is and what would you recommend as far as the priority in the levels and action economy?

I welcome input on additional levels and your concepts for the build.

Thanks,

-Bored at work