PDA

View Full Version : Dyer's Demonweb Pits

DyerMaker
2017-02-10, 04:15 PM
http://i.imgur.com/XFvMist.jpg

The company of heroes returns from The Cinderlands to their base of operations in Galduria. Joining forces with the Shoanti barbarians to fight the orc hordes from the Hold of Belkzen was a formidable task; one that further tested and bonded the companions. After a week or so of rest and relaxation, the company is approached by their long-time advisor, Professor Mussa Noji of the Twilight Academy. The professor implores the company to investigate drow raids upon his home town of Roderic's Cove. Situated on the Varisian Gulf at the mouth of the Chavali River, Roderic's Cove is a small town that serves as an alternative destination for merchants too nervous to dock at the pirate-controlled city of Riddleport. The professor tells of outlying farms that have been torched and their inhabitants killed, the bodies showing signs of torture or mutilation. From what he has been able to deduce, the drow have been coming from the mountains to the east, the Calphiak Mountains of western Varisia.

DyerMaker
2017-02-10, 04:16 PM
11 Pharast, 4717 (Spring)

Oathday, the day that pacts are signed and oaths sworn. The morning is pleasant as winter gives way to spring. It's early. Birds are singing and butterflies are fluttering past your windows when Professor Mussa bursts through the front door, coming into the main living area of Sprucefang Manor. Kaz barks a few times from his usual resting spot on the stone hearth. He prefers the warmth trapped within the stone by the previous night's fire. Professor Mussa begins his rather loud introduction;
Wake up and gather, gather everyone. Now, please. ... Wake up! Gather now, gather everyone! The Professor's hands clap together combined with his wooden-soled shoes pacing about in a clamor that echoes upstairs to your bedrooms. Kaz is more alert than ever, barking off-beat to the Professor's clapping. Who could sleep through this?

grifter730
2017-02-27, 05:33 PM
Reid: (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1127662)

Having just arrived late last night, Reid was in no mood to be awoken by a ruckus, but his sense of duty cleared away the cobwebs of his slumber. Seeing his children Mathilda and Bennet had reinvigorated him. He was disappointed to leave them behind while they visited a far off relative, but the change of scenery would do them good. Besides, Roderic's Cove's a safe port town. No amount of ear-splitting ruckus could bring him down this morning.

Despite the urgency in the professor's voice, Reid took his time to dress himself, ensuring every inch of his clothes was crisp and impeccably presentable. Finally ready, he walks down to greet Kaz, patting his head, and nodding towards the professor. "How may we be of service, professor?"

Genth
2017-02-27, 07:06 PM
Tavyra (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1114975)

The loud hammering and subsequent barking of Kaz woke Tavyra up from a deep and comfortable sleep, sitting up with a groan of displeasure, glancing over to see if Varandriel is actually using her bed today instead of doing... whatever it is that elves do. She reaches out a hand and swipes through the air in arcane gesture, grasping a light green robe with a mage hand spell and yanking it across the room towards her. She makes her way downstairs, hair a mess and eyes blinking, and yet still manages to get down just after Reid. She's the opposite picture to the Paladin, crumpled, tired, and with a wry grin on her features.

"Yeah professor, couldn't you at least have knocked first..." she grumbles, albeit quietly.

Phasm
2017-02-28, 12:58 AM
Varandriel (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1115048)

A grumpy, incoherent mumble greets Professor Mussa's call. Clerics of Desna take their sleep seriously; most people can only dream if they sleep deeply, after all. Varandriel unwinds herself from her cocoon of blankets as Tavyra summons her robe, maple leaf-red hair fluffed up every which way. "Ugh. Morning people." She might be accustomed to waking up early as an adventurer, but Varandriel rarely enjoys doing so.

It takes a few more minutes for the elf to follow her roommate downstairs, but when she does so, Varandriel is neatly brushed, combed, braided and dressed in the simple blue and violet elven-style dress she prefers on rest days. Her treasured silver and enamel holy symbol of Desna is, as ever, prominently displayed on its chain around her neck. "Good morning Professor, Tavyra, Reid." She covers a yawn with her hand, looking around for breakfast.

Athaleon
2017-02-28, 02:36 AM
Korbus (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1114535)

For once, the misshapen fiend-spawn was not the most disagreeable one in the room—and he cut an especially menacing figure with hair still unkempt and his clawed feet bare of shoes. He wasn't exactly thrilled at being called down by such a ruckus of noise, but he usually got up near this early to prepare his spells anyways. Even if he didn't expect to use them, it was good practice, and better to have them ready and not need them than vice versa.

"What's all this about?"

raspberrybadger
2017-02-28, 03:11 AM
Foreluth (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1122921)

Foreluth takes a few moments to gather his thoughts before he proceeds to this morning meeting. First priority is to make sure to properly catalogue any research insights he had overnight, but in this case there are none of any significance. Second priority is to mentally review the magic he has at his disposal, making sure he is mentally prepared to use it, but that too takes only moments. Pulling a simple black robe on with magic also takes little time or effort. However, setting aside thoughts of planned research and mentally preparing for much discussion is another matter. Still, this meeting is doubtless important, and so he controls himself and gets moving. Hopefully it is not important that he carefully wash and dress neatly. Similarly he has no time to carefully inspect his golem, but it will hardly need maintenance. A word will do: "Kuroz, stay here."" That power at his command fills him with reassurance, and he goes downstairs.

Following shortly after Varandriel Foreluth guesses she is searching for breakfast because that is what he is looking for too. There may be a matter of some urgency at hand, so he simply states "We are almost all here now." Then he spares a glance at Reid, wondering not for the first time how the man got himself looking that carefully groomed without the use of magic. With that thought he slips back into the old internal debate about whether it would be worth it to switch back to regularly having prestidigitation available at all times.

Hattish Thing
2017-02-28, 12:29 PM
Kaige: (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1117213)

The Hellknight had been awake for an hour prior to the Professor's call for attention. Kaige kneels down slowly within her small and somewhat empty quarters, facing a small table with the holy symbol of the Godclaw, her strange and obscure deity, resting upon it. The door is fastened shut behind her, locked, and the room is lit only by several candles, giving the quarters a somewhat bleak appearance. A pair of incense burners rest upon the table as well, filling the room with their aroma. Kaige softly, quietly chants lines of text from a massive book bound in scarred steel and barbed chain, her posture strict and expression stern beneath her imposing horned helmet. The Hellknight's incredibly muscular, well-toned form is obscured by several layers of thick leather, patched cloth, and chilling, intimidating spiked plate armor composed of extremely durable black steel. A tattered cloak as dark as the field-commander's frightening armor falls over her shoulders, pooling on the cold floor as she continues her daily ritual, in full Hellknight garb, as is required. A scarlet brooch depicting the infamous Hellknight symbol known as the Ennead Star connects the thick, heavy cloak to the Hellknight Paralictor's weathered, spiked pauldrons.

As the attractive, but scarred woman finishes her daily prayers and ruminations with regards to the massive, chain-bound lawbook before her, a man's voice pierces the air.

--

Kaige stands tall, grimacing as she removes her imposing greathelm. Scars of various lengths and widths race across her cold, pale flesh, giving the Hellknight's stern expression an even more sinister air. The woman's choppy black hair falls over her distrustful, steely gray eyes, however, she seems to be at peace, for now. The Hellknight makes her way up the steps, opening the door into the main area of the living quarters, an air of both sophistication and intimidation about her, even now, so early in the morning.

She crosses her arms over her chest and stands at attention near the door, an eyebrow raised in the professor's direction.

"Yes?"

DyerMaker
2017-02-28, 03:27 PM
Now, now, everyone is here... good, good. Professor Mussa was obviously more tense than usual, pacing about the living area, which, in return, made Kaz a bit nervous. Something has happened. I need your help. It's Roderic's Cove, my home, it's been attacked by drow. Can you believe, of all the things... drow?! You know, if the elves hadn't abandoned Celwynvian for Sovyrian and the Chelish had not expanded into the region with their Everwar, looking for more stable lands and resources that were...

Professor Mussa stopped pacing. I digress... When I read the note this morning, I was simply stunned. We all have family or friends in the Cove. My entire family is there! What I know, is that outlying farms were hit hardest, but the port was attacked as well. Some slaves may have been taken. It is the modus operandi of drow. The drow must be stopped. There's no one better and closer than the lot of you. Will you help?

Genth
2017-02-28, 04:41 PM

Tavyra listens to the professor with a sleepy face, blinking... before swiftly bolting upright and letting her hands drop to her sides. "What? You're joking!" she exclaims, a flush of colour coming to her cheeks. "Kyrin... please be ok..." she murmurs, and suddenly turns and runs up the stairs, a look of fear mingled with anger on her features. Once upstairs, the half-elf starts to grab her clothes, trousers, boots, loose white shirt, and flings the mithral shirt over her top before bounding downstairs again, ignoring whatever conversations are going on in the living area, and down into the cellar to grab her own gear. By the time she comes up the stairs again, her hair is pulled back from her face, her longbow is slung over one arm, and her pack jostles for space with her quivers.

"I'm going, Professor." she looks at the others, her features grim, her breathing a little heavy.

raspberrybadger
2017-02-28, 04:52 PM
When the professor starts talking Foreluth shifts his full attention back. As he listens, he ignores the emotional overtones and silently considers the implications: Drow. The charge of enslaving is likely true. Certainly they would rival the Chellish for mistreatment of my kind. But the story may be… well, best not to make assumptions even as a hypothesis, but it could be more complicated than a slaving run on an innocent settlement. Best to walk into this eyes open. There may be some history we do not know. But if this leads to a fight it will likely be lucrative, and this doesn’t sound like a waste of our skills.

So, he turns to the rest of the group and says "For my part I would commit to this, though I would obviously like more information about the present situation and the past history of involvement between Drow and the Cove."

Phasm
2017-03-01, 12:10 AM

The elf's face goes white as Professor Mussa describes the attack. "Oh my gods, cousin Erevel! And Ninette! Professor, did you hear anything about a half-elven herbalist and his human wife, the local midwife? I'm not sure if they had children, the last I heard from them was about a year ago and Ninette was having difficulty conceiving..." Varandriel makes her way to the nearest chair and sits down heavily. "Drow outside the forest! How, and why?"

Hattish Thing
2017-03-01, 02:30 AM
Kaige:

The Hellknight listens intently as the Professor speaks, her face as blank and emotionless as ever. Banditry, in Varisia? Hardly a surprise, considering how unfortunately poor the state of order was within the area.

However, dark elves and kidnapped citizens-turned-slaves does surprise the woman.

Unusual.

Kaige adjusts her stance, relaxing slightly in her well-maintained Hellknight plate. She frowns, her scarred lips curled in disgust. "The continued existence of that vile sub-species itself is as much a crime as the acts they so foolishly carry through with. They will learn the error of their ways in due time, just as well as they will learn the feel of cold, Chelaxian steel set against their flesh." Kaige glances down towards the ceremonial mace at her hip before shifting her piercing gaze towards the other in the room, her cold gray eyes beginning to scrutinize and assess every detail upon each of the others with relative ease.

"I would burn a thousand forests to exterminate a dozen of their kind."

Genth
2017-03-01, 02:53 AM

Tavyra pauses for a minute in her frantic movements, looking over towards the Hellknight, blinking and replies "Err... please don't. I like the forests, and I don't think that'd help." with a raised eyebrow, concerned look.

grifter730
2017-03-01, 03:25 AM

"No..." Reid barely managed to breathe out. "Mathilda. Bennet. Outlying farms hit the hardest." Reid was lost in his own world, staring into some empty space beyond, as the others reacted to the dire news. "Ever have the drow been my shadow, gnawing at my heels until I am numb to the danger so that it may rend the callous of my heart afresh. I fear I am walking in a nightmare of my own making, professor, stumbling in an ever widening abyss not only around me, not only out there, but inside me, and it bleeds a blackness that swallows all light."

Reid's eyes flickered, snapping him out of the reverie. He composed himself, looked at his companions and at the professor. "I will go."

Athaleon
2017-03-01, 03:26 AM
Korbus (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1114535) just looked on, bleary-eyed. He shrugged and said simply, "where they go, I go." It was a sincere statement: Without his comrades' trust and respect he would be alone and adrift again, and he found himself dreading the prospect. And though the concern was at the back of his mind, he wasn't so crass as to ask about material compensation. He would just have to keep an eye out for opportunity along the way.

raspberrybadger
2017-03-01, 02:39 PM

Foreluth tries to take in all the chaos, then decides to focus in on what had already seemed to be the central question. Nodding to Varandriel, he looks the Professor in the face and says dryly "The lady puts it more succinctly. Drow. How and why?"

DyerMaker
2017-03-01, 10:57 PM
The Professor turns to Foreluth and addresses the group with his response; How? Why? These are most important questions. Everything goes back to Earthfall. Many elves fled Golarion for their ancient refuge of Sovyrian, some stayed to make Golarion their home, and others fled fled into the Caves of the Craven below the Calphiak Mountains, believing that they could escape the surface world's destruction by simply delving deep enough into the Darklands. Rovagug, the god of destruction who had been imprisoned far below during the Age of Creation was awakened during Earthfall. His cruel mind reached out, it touched the cave where the elves had sequestered themselves, and mixed with the Darklands' strange radiations and the elves' own feelings of betrayal and anger. It transformed them, turning their hair white and skin dark, and replaced the race's natural tendencies towards independence and good with Rovagug's evil; these elves became the first generation of drow. That's your 'How'. As to the 'Why' and the 'Where' Roderic's Cove, these are questions I'm hoping you can answer with boots on the ground. I can currently calculate 125,563,110 possible reasons why the drow would attack Roderic's Cove.

Shouldn't you get going? The Professor has a more neutral expression on his face at this point. There's only so much expenditure of emotion that Mussa will invest in.

grifter730
2017-03-02, 02:18 AM

"Have faith in us," Reid answers the professor. "Some of us have family or friends there, and are far more eager to get to the bottom of this than you are. There is evil afoot, and I shall determine from whence it springs."

With that, Reid goes back upstairs to change into his travel gear, and pack all his adventuring items.

"Let's mount up!"

Can we start out with mounts already? Simple horses that we can keep with the professor. I can spare the gold.

Genth
2017-03-02, 02:45 PM

"Ma miralkut hem teh vosaliosuli" the half elf says, her voice low, and eyes glinting, speaking in Sylvan as she does when emotional.

"Thank you for the history lesson, professor. I'm going now." she turns to the others, and after a moments hesitation, smirks. "Come catch up with Le Veil and I" she says, moving out the door and heading for the stables, albeit slightly more slowly, hoping that the rest of the party will follow.

Athaleon
2017-03-02, 03:44 PM

"Some of us just got up, and I don't have a horse ready to go. I can make one but that takes time. Can you spare fifteen minutes?"

Korbus is just a little short of purchasing even a non-combat-trained light horse. If they'll give him the full hour to prepare spells, or the fifteen minutes to prepare minimally, he'll prepare a Mount spell via Knowledge Pool and ride that.

grifter730
2017-03-02, 03:49 PM

"I shall visit Ral Partha to see if we may be teleported to Roderic's Cove. We may regroup there, but do make haste."

raspberrybadger
2017-03-02, 11:01 PM

Foreluth listens to the history, swiftly deciding that useful information is simply not going to be had here. He more or less ignores Reid, but he gives a nod to Tavyra to indicate that he agrees both with her plan and with her words to the professor.

As time may well be critical, he heads quickly to his room and packs the few things not already stowed in his pack. There will be time for thought on the road. Now, efficiency in packing is all that is important. He does however take the time to change out of his robes and into clothing more suitable for riding. That done though, he is down the stairs again quite quickly, saying to his golem Kuroz as he goes "Follow me, 15 feet behind me." Then he heads out the door to the stables, intending to catch up with Tavyra.

Athaleon
2017-03-03, 01:39 AM

"I don't know the man too well, but do you think Ral Partha would teleport us there if we promise to pay later? Maybe one of you could convince him to do it for free considering what's going on out there. Might be worth asking on our way out."

Phasm
2017-03-03, 01:58 AM

Varandriel jumps up from her chair, flushing slightly. I'm so glad I pray for my spells at night! "I'll go put my armor on and get my things, I'll be right back. Don't go racing out the door just yet, I might be able to teleport some of us!" She runs up the stairs to the room she shares with Tavyra.

A few minutes later, a decidedly more warlike version of the elven cleric returns, clad in gleaming mithral chainmail with a sword and dagger at her belt and a compound longbow on her back. Her only visible supplies consist of a single backpack, thanks to the marvels of extradimensional storage space. "All right. I have teleport prepared, but I'm not terribly familiar with Roderic's Cove. So it'll be a little more risky than, say, teleporting here or to Crying Leaf. I don't have the coin for Ral Partha's fee."

DyerMaker
2017-03-03, 01:39 PM
Tavyra and Foreluth head out on horseback. Korbus considers a few options. Reid looks for Ral. Varandriel considers teleporting herself and possibly Korbus, the only other teammate left in the house, but then she's not familiar enough with Roderic's Cove to make the jump.

Seeing the group heading in different directions, Professor Mussa offers his carriage to Korbus, Varandriel, and Kaige (a carriage that seats four or 6 with the driver's seat), one of you will have to drive or take turns. The Professor and his driver will find their way back to the Academy. Reid returns having no luck finding Ral; the elf's treehouse was empty with no sign on the door.

By nightfall, regardless of your chosen transportation, the six of you meet up north of Galduria at Mama Megg's Hunting Lodge. Mama Megg's is familiar to you all as a way station for common hunters and adventurers traveling through the area. More importantly, this means a hot meal and a decent bed, protection from the elements and two guards on 24/hour watch. Mama herself, a human of Andoran heritage, considers her adopted Varisia more suited to her mystical nature. Mama is a hedge witch and has devoted her life to aiding hunters, naturalist, and adventurers. The healing arts and this lodge are her life. Tonight's meal is wild game stew, mostly venison and potatoes; a palatable aroma that warms your senses as you enter the rustic lodge. There are two common folk also staying at the lodge which sleeps 12 comfortably for only 5gp per night. Mama welcomes you; Come in, come in, place your things down over there and join the others at the table, stew's almost done.

Athaleon
2017-03-03, 03:21 PM

"Thanks," the tiefling said curtly as he unceremoniously dumped his gear in the indicated place, and took his place at the table, clearly looking forward to that venison stew.

Genth
2017-03-03, 03:35 PM

"Foreluth.. do you have any people in Roderick's Cove?" Tavyra asks as the pair ride across the landscape. "I mean... Drow. I knew they existed, the stories from my mother... Lu Mirfae... there just has to be something wrong, the professor's got to be mistaken, right?"

The half-elf continues to talk to.. or perhaps at Foreluth during the trip, trying to calm herself more than anything else. When they get to Mama Megg's, she is more calm, and almost back to her usual self. At the very least she grins at Mama as she walks in and throws her arms open in the offering of a hug.

"Hello Mama, it's good to see you, even if it's for unpleasant news..." she exclaims, a touch of worry coming back to her eyes.

raspberrybadger
2017-03-03, 04:23 PM

Foreluth replies "There is an uncle. Ship captain. It is not clear how far he can be trusted, but he may have information we can use. If we can find him. And have information he wants - but we were going to be investigating this matter in any case, and will doubtless discover something of relevance to the Cove.

To answer your other question, I do not think the Professor was mistaken so much as oversimplifying. I think it is quite clear that something major happened there involving Drow somehow. But there may have been other relevant happenings which he either did not know or did not disclose."

Foreluth is not the fastest to understand emotions, but Tavyra's level of anxiety and need to talk is rather obvious. There is no need to be impolite, so he listens.

When he has a quiet moment on the road Foreluth considers how he may need to adapt his combat tactics to the enemy in so far as he knows them:

Primary tactical threats - ambush, magic, missile weapons. Physical ambush against myself - easily defeated with the basic defensive suite, so no need for changes there. Physical ambush against the rest of the team, especially the more lightly armoured - more of a problem. Proper positioning to get off a decisive fear will be important. No advance information on the problem will make preventing ambush difficult.

Magic. Unknown magical prowess. Assume basic competence for a slaving run. At least some detection and stealth magic. Quite possibly mind effecting magic. Somewhat likely to have damaging magic. Detection. Not much I can do there, except move fast, move unpredictably, trigger ambushes with an illusion if we have to be predictable. Stealth magic. Heightened awareness when there is increased likelihood of needing it. Can't have see invisibility up at all times. Scrying may be of some use as a counter. Mind effecting magic - fight fire with fire. Damaging magic - same.

Missiles. Outranging fear and our short range attackers. Fireball and Telekinesis will serve. Not a major threat. So tactically there is risk, but no overwhelming threat.

That leaves the strategic problem that we do not know what is really going on or what we would need to do to accomplish our goals. Not a good place to be. Hopefully the team can discover something of use.

Arriving at the lodge Foreluth feels the pull both of food and of a reason to use necromancy to sustain himself. As nightfall approaches the risk of attack goes up, and he will be able to renew his spells in the morning. He almost casts his false life spell right then and there, but then decides to hold off until it will last as far as dawn.

Fortunately there is something to distract him - there will be food soon. Food, necromancy, and someone else for Tavyra to direct all that emotion at. Foreluth is content. He sits at the table, waiting for the food and for the others and thinking about what plans need to be made.

Hattish Thing
2017-03-03, 04:23 PM
Kaige:

Kaige responds to the white-haired elf with little more than a raised eyebrow and a dismissive frown. The Hellknight turns away from the elf and listens intently to the Professor. After the aged scholar finishes, the Hellknight wordlessly excuses herself to acquire her primary weapon and prepare herself for a journey. Once she returns, the Greatblade of the Godclaw at her back, the Professor offers a carriage.

--

By the time the carriage arrives at the mentioned destination, Kaige is eager to leave the confines of the uncomfortable carriage. The journey had not been pleasant for the armored woman. She makes her way to the Lodge eagerly, removing her helmet and ensuring that her mighty adamantine weapon was properly sheathed.

Kaige blinks wordlessly at the Andoran as she enters the lodge, clearly not eager to set down her weapons and equipment. Regardless, she does nod towards the older woman and flash a small, appreciative, yet thoroughly out of place smile. The Hellknight eyes the common folk and guards within the lodge with suspicion, her distrustful nature quite evident. She doesn't bother to remove her equipment or set her imposing weapon down, yet after a few seconds of silently scouring those within the lodge for any hints of questionable behavior, she sits down at the table where the others within the group were gathered. As she sits, her armor creaks, causing the woman to begin grumbling under her breath sourly as she sits. "Ngh. Legs hurt. Damned carriage." The Hellknight sighs deeply before glancing around the room yet again.

However, this time, the Hellknight's steely gray eyes flash a dangerous orange shade...

[[OOC: Detect Chaos, on the visible inhabitants of the lodge.]]

Genth
2017-03-03, 04:28 PM

"KAIGE!" Tavyra calls, grinning slightly mischievously as she turns to walk up to the Hellknight. "Great to see you finally got here! Was the ride over nice and pleasent? Not too much armor plating bruising your bum?" As Kaige sits down, Tavyra laughs and pushes a tankard of ale towards her. "Drink up, we've got stew coming."

Phasm
2017-03-04, 02:46 AM

Varandriel opts to ride her dapple-gray horse, Cloud, rather than ride in the Professor's carriage. Last time she rode in an enclosed vehicle she got terribly motion sick. It's well worth being a little saddle sore to avoid that! She arrives a little before the carriage, but unlike those riding in said contraption, the elf has to get her horse settled before getting her dinner.

This party is always easy to find, even in a crowded room. Two tieflings, a Hellknight in full armor, and a young half-elf with hair whiter than most elders'? Yeah. It sounds a little like the opening to a bad joke, to be honest. Varandriel smiles to the proprietor and heads over to the table claimed by her comrades.

"Hello, everyone!" The elf waves and sits down between Tavyra and Foreluth. To Kaige's chaos-vision, Varandriel glows like a tiny sun. So much chaos. "I'm so glad this place is here. The stew smells fantastic!" Her smile is a touch more brittle than usual to her companions' experienced eyes.

DyerMaker
2017-03-04, 02:30 PM
The two commoners sit at the end of the long, rustic dining table. They look at your group with some suspicion, but continue their conversation about hunting red stag. Mama's two guards, Jonas (human male) and Ademar (half-elf male) take their positions outside of the lodge, lighting perimeter torches, then walking the same perimeter track in counter-clockwise fashion.

The stew is surprisingly good with additional portions available. The commoners retire early to the large barracks with 6 bunk beds. Theirs is closest to the door. It's not long before Mama sits down with her own bowl of stew; So, what brings you to the lodge? Where are you headed?

grifter730
2017-03-04, 03:37 PM
Reid was the last to arrive at the lodge, having wasted time searching for Ral Partha. His companions seemed to be in their normal mood, even Tavrya who seemed distraught earlier.

Upon entering the building, Reid paused at the doorway to Detect Evil as was his habit. In no mood for jovial chats, he took a seat next to Kaige, nodding at the group.

"Have you heard anything of note regarding Roderic's Cove?" Reid asked Mama Megg when she came around.

Hattish Thing
2017-03-05, 02:08 AM

The Hellknight frowns slightly as Tavyra speaks, clenching a heavy metal gauntlet around the tankard and pulling it close. Kaige sets her imposing helmet down upon the seat beside her, responding slowly and deliberately as she does so. "It was long, and uneventful. And the seats were too small. And no, I'm not bruised." She grimaces as she unclasps metal bindings on her gauntlets, exposing the thick leather beneath the heavy plate. "All this leather undergarb is good for something, after all."

Kaige removes the leather glove beneath the metal gauntlet, her icy gaze hardening as she stares at one of the guards, a slight grimace forming on her face. Chaos... The man reeked of it, it was so painfully obvious. She attempts to force eye contact with the guard, staring intently for a moment while speaking once more, quietly, to Tavyra. "What of your journey?"

--

She continues to stare at the guard before finally averting her gaze, ignoring the chaotically-charged elf across the table entirely, to face Megg.

Kaige doesn't respond to the Andoran, merely assuming a neutral expression while looking towards Reid expectantly.

Athaleon
2017-03-05, 04:57 AM

"Stew was good." Having eaten his fill, Korbus sat idly listening to the conversation around him. When the other guests retired early, he had half a mind to do so himself, but he didn't want to miss anything that was mentioned about their destination.

Genth
2017-03-05, 02:53 PM

Tavyra gives a small shrug as she starts on her own stew, before replying to Kaige "Uneventful. Worrying. I just want to get there and figure this all out, you know?" she says before falling silent again and turning to Reid, waiting to take his lead on how much to reveal.

raspberrybadger
2017-03-05, 11:00 PM
Foreluth enjoys the stew, but there is an undercurrent to the conversation here he does not understand. Still, best to let someone else navigate those currents. If he has to he'll just outright answer Megg's question, or ask a few questions of his own. But for now, there is stew to eat, and someone else may get the information the group needs - and do a better job than he would. It's good to have people he can trust with that sort of thing. Even better than stew.

DyerMaker
2017-03-05, 11:56 PM
"Have you heard anything of note regarding Roderic's Cove?" Reid asked Mama Megg when she came around.
Well, no hun, I haven't heard a thing about the Cove; Mama replies with a neutral tone. What's going on there? Is that where you all are headed? Her tone being more inquisitive.

Phasm
2017-03-06, 01:05 AM

Varandriel looks down at her half-full bowl, the smile gone from her face. "We have word that drow have attacked Roderic's Cove. We are going to investigate." Her voice is flat, unusually so for the normally bubbly elf. Her appetite has deserted her, but she forces herself to keep eating. Varandriel has been adventuring long enough to know that she needs to eat when she can, because there's no telling when they'll get another hot meal.

DyerMaker
2017-03-06, 11:40 AM
"We have word that drow have attacked Roderic's Cove. We are going to investigate."

Mama Megg's looks awfully surprised; Drow you say. And only two days ride from the Lodge. Hmm. That's not good at all. Don't go anywhere, I'll be right back. Mama shuffles away from the table, heading upstairs to her room. Moments later she returns and places three opaque vials on the table. Now, listen here. Drow use two poisons. The first is easy enough to shake off. It'll knock you on your arse for a few hours but its mild. The second they call Demon's Curse. It's insanity oil. This here will neutralize both. It's my gift to anyone brave enough to tangle with those basterds.

Rest well. I'll have my boys feed and water your horses at the end of their watch.

Hattish Thing
2017-03-06, 12:16 PM

Kaige takes a deep drink out of the tankard offered to her, grimacing as she tastes the harsh liquid. "Ngh. Would have preferred tea." Regardless, the Hellknight continues to drink in slow, measured sips, turning from Tavyra to glance over at Varandriel once she begins to speak. Kaige was used to the auburn-haired elf speaking far more often than she would have liked, but this particular conversation felt dangerous, possibly unsafe. The Hellknight glares towards Varandriel before turning to Reid, expecting the paladin to step in before any further information was provided by the Desnan.

She stays quiet for a moment, before growling under her breath. "Shouldn't have mentioned the drow, elf."

The Hellknight shakes her head, crossing her arms over her chest and leaning back.

grifter730
2017-03-06, 08:49 PM

"There is no reason to avoid mentioning the drow at this point. Word of it reached our ears from a few days away, it's likely that many others are speaking of it. Varandriel's inquiry proved fruitful in any case," Reid tapped at the vials on the table. "Let us all rest and recover. We shall leave at first light."

Couple of notes:
- I assume there are no evil creatures here, since you didn't mention my Detect Evil picking any aura up.
- Everyone in the party should be well aware of Reid's children being in Roderic's Cove at the time of the drow raid. We've all been adventuring together for 4 years, so he wouldn't have left everyone in town without telling the whole group where and why he was going (to spend time with his children, and for them to visit distant relatives).

Athaleon
2017-03-07, 12:37 AM

"What? It ain't a military secret. In fact the way I see it, the more people are warned about the Drow the better for them. And look at that, we even got something helpful out of it." Korbus gave a cavalier shrug as he gestured to the vials. "I'm going to bed. Need to get up early to prep my spells, and frankly my ass has had enough of sitting. You wouldn't think conjured horses would have that problem, but they do." With that last bit of profanity, he pushed back from the table and retrieved his pack before retiring for the evening.

raspberrybadger
2017-03-07, 02:19 AM

Foreluth is more than a little glad he doesn't have to do something about the conflict that could have started there. It's an odd feeling being glad that Reid is around, but it is what it is.

With the idea of ending for the night already discussed, one team member already gone, and no prospects for useful planning, Foreluth finally has his excuse to use the magic he'd been saving. Still, best to be polite first. He takes one of the vials, saying

"I do not like the sound of this Demon's curse. I will take one of these for now to split them up. We can decide who carries them when we do more detailed planning.

We'll take down these drow soon enough. Sleep first though."

Sleep is not what is on his mind though. Once he's away from the group, he casts False Life and lets himself feel the power rushing into him. He casts Mage Armor too as a standard precaution, but decides against his other defensive spells. Time enough for those in a high threat environment. The night is the greatest risk, but he judges the actual chance of attack any time today to be low. Still, just in case, he says to Kuroz "Wake me if there is any intrusion." Then he slips straight into sleep.

Phasm
2017-03-07, 02:28 AM

"Thank you very much, Megg. I know too well how drow love their poison. These will no doubt be useful." Varandriel smiles at their hostess and takes one of the vials; if nobody else moves to take the third vial, she'll tuck that one into her bandolier too. She packed antitoxin and even a couple of ridiculously expensive neutralize poison scrolls, but there's no such thing as too many poison remedies when you're dealing with drow.

That done, she turns to her comrades. "It is as Korbus said. There is no telling how far the drow will raid now that they have left the forest. That being the case, people should be warned." The elf finishes the last of her drink and stands up. "I will come inside to sleep after my evening prayers." Worshipers of Desna typically pray at night, under the stars if possible, and Varandriel is no exception.

Genth
2017-03-07, 02:34 AM

Tavyra glares at Kaige, a slight pout on her face. "That was rude, Human" she says, emphasizing the last word as Kaige had 'elf'. She looks to Reid, nodding to him as he leaves. "Night, Reid.. and hey." she looks serious for a moment, and reaches out to gently touch his arm. "We'll get them back. We've done well, won almost everything we've done so far.. we'll get them back."

After the others who are retiring leave, Tavyra sighs, looking around the inn for a time, before starting to sing, softly.

"Vese'ir po oh, Ve'tir uh,
et Saluin'Salaiil noh loc.
Gav ma siluir?
Silyri silui neal rea, silyri silui neal rea,
mea silu y kutae var silualbe."

Hattish Thing
2017-03-07, 11:51 AM

The Hellknight frowns, responding concisely. "The drow are a race defined by their cruelty and malice. Seeing as we are about to go out and make great enemies out of them, we ought be careful. It would be naive to assume the drow won't target allies, friends, or family in the future as revenge." She shakes her head, taking a small vial from off her belt and gently tapping the vial, causing the powder stored within to fall into the tankard. "There's a reason Hellknights wear helmets and masks, you know."

She drinks out of the tankard now, grimacing through the bitter taste.

DyerMaker
2017-03-07, 09:57 PM
The morning brings a golden sunrise and an expedient departure from Mama Megg's Hunting Lodge. The group enjoys a simple meal on the road as time, which is often the case, is now one's enemy. It's hard to focus on the beauty of the surrounding hills and forests, being preoccupied with the drow's raid of Roderic's Cove. However, you do glance at spring's genesis during certain moments. And in these moments there is hope. A hope that fades with the day's end. A distance of two days narrowed to one and a half, putting the group in Roderic's Cove on the 14th of Pharast nearing the noon hour. Passing a few farms one can feel the tension. None of these southern-most farms have been attacked, but the fear is tangible.

When Roderic's Cove comes into focus a smoldering fire is visible on the opposite side of the town, near the bay. The smoke in that area doesn't rise very high, possibly a small vessel that was recently ablaze, yet its sight increases your anxiety of what you may find here. The faces of the residents herald a similar story. You see a middle-aged woman tending a clothing shop at the edge of town. She paces the street at the intersection at which you first arrive. She approaches; Are you here to help? Are you here to help us? Her voice echoes of desperation.

Athaleon
2017-03-08, 02:54 PM

Korbus rode with his hood up to cover his appearance, as he usually did. This was hostile territory; his sword was drawn and laid over his shoulder. Without looking toward the woman, he simply said "Yes. But if you got a safe place to shelter, you better take cover there 'till this all blows over."

Assuming he had time the night before, Korbus would prepare the Mount spell again via Knowledge Pool and scribe it into his spellbook.

Spells Prepared:

Level 0:
Detect Magic, Read Magic, Brand, Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound

Level 1:
Mount, Intensified Shocking Grasp x2, Rime Frostbite x2, Vanish, Secluded Grimoire (used to send his spellbook away)

Level 2:
Mirror Image x2, Glitterdust, Invisibility, Bladed Dash

Level 3:
Haste x2, Fly, Monstrous Physique

grifter730
2017-03-08, 06:11 PM

Seeing the smoldering fire, Reid kicked his horse to a full gallop, torn between heading straight for his relatives' home where his children are, and heading straight to the fire. He paused when a woman approached him asking for help. "What is the cause of this mayhem? Who set the town ablaze?" Reid asks the woman. "Are there injured folk?"

DyerMaker
2017-03-08, 06:22 PM
The woman responds to Korbus; Yes. Shelter. That's all we've been doing the last few days. I do, I will.
She then answers Reid; Sir, we've been attacked by dark elves. ... I don't know about the fire. It's a boat or something. It caught fire last night. I saw it from my window. ... Yes. There are several injured. More dead. Some were taken. The woman succumbs to emotion with the conversation and partially covering her face to hide her overwhelming sadness, she returns to her clothing shop.

Genth
2017-03-08, 08:05 PM

Tavyra likewise, copies Korbus' action and pulls out her bow, looking over the scene with a.. tight expression. "Reid..." she says in a quiet voice. "We'll be useless until we've checked in on our people. I don't want to suggest splitting but..." she glances in the direction of her half-brother's shop. "They don't seem to be still here.. What do we do, Reid?"

DyerMaker
2017-03-09, 12:34 AM
14 Pharast, 4717

Riding through the cobblestone streets of Roderic's Cove, the group sees little to no traffic in comparison to Galduria, a town of similar size. Stopping by The Breadsmith, a business owned by Tavyra's half-brother Kyrin, its obvious that the store is closed. Black ribbon is wrapped around the door's bronze handle making several loops. In a town where bread and fish are the staples of the resident's diet, it is eerie to find the bakery closed and most unsettling for a relative, as in Tavyra's case.

Only moments pass before you are approached by another rider. A member of the Cove's Watch. The watchman's name is Tanlaith. He informs you that one of Kyrin's grandchildren was taken in the first raid. There was a second raid last night where a few more residents were killed with four children and two men taken.

Next, the group stops by the townhome of Reid's relatives. It is a quiet home by the bay, painted in yellow and white with Spring annuals beginning to bloom. Otherwise, this home is cloaked in darkness as Reid learns from his unconsolable wife that their son, Bennet, was kidnapped by the drow in the first raid.

The home of Varandriel's cousin Erevel and his wife Ninette is also visited by the group. Erevel is the only herbalist in Roderic's Cove and his wife Ninette, a trusted midwife. Upon reaching the home, Varandriel discovers that Erevel was taken in last nights raid. Ninette has slipped into a deep sleep and will not wake. Relatives are there to care for her with little progress in the last hours.

Tanlaith, the watchman, happens by you again near the town square. I'm sorry to bother. The mayor, Lord MacCarmaig, would like a word. May I take you to him?

Phasm
2017-03-09, 02:53 AM

At Erevel and Ninette's house

Varandriel blanches bone white when she hears of Erevel's fate. If the drow are brutal to elves, how much worse must the fate of a "halfbreed" be? As for Ninette... well, Varandriel should probably leave her be, but if they manage to rescue Erevel he would be devastated if his wife died. So the cleric spends some time examining her and quizzing her relatives as to her earlier symptoms.

Heal check: [roll0]

With Watchman Tanlaith

"The mayor? All right." Varandriel's normally ebullient nature has been greatly diminished ever since they entered Roderic's Cove. She feels like she should try and comfort Reid and Tavyra, try and be a pillar of strength, but how? Of all people, Varandriel knows all too well what the drow could be doing to those taken. How unlikely it is that they'll find their loved ones alive and sane.

Hattish Thing
2017-03-09, 12:33 PM

Kaige rides through the town quietly, assessing the damage that the town has sustained during these raids. Hardly any of the citizens were outside, which was, of course, a fairly intelligent thing to do. Dozens of stores, closed, windows smashed in. Disorder and chaos running rampant through the streets. Some dead, some taken. Such a shame, such a waste of innocent lives, of blood. And all for what? Still, some good could possibly come of this tragedy. Perhaps these people may learn to accept the bindings of order, afterwards. After all, the Hellknight Citadel of the Order of the Nail was not so far away.

Perhaps after this was all over with, these people will learn to value the strength of high walls and a competent militia.

--

For the most part, The Hellknight spends the time venturing through the town taking notes within one of her many extensive logbooks, keeping her thoughts to herself primarily.

Soon, however, the watchman approaches the group. Kaige raises an eyebrow at the man, clearly unimpressed with the guard. This man was supposed to assist in protecting the town? This pathetic individual was to lead others in the security of Roderic's Cove? A man with very little military experience, undoubtedly. Perhaps a poor watch force contributed to the many losses experienced within the town. Who knows what could have been prevented had a more experienced force been put in charge of security...

Kaige speaks to the man, but her words are brief, a dismissive arrogance clear in her voice. "Yes. Perhaps your town leader can explain some of the managerial failures committed here. I fully expect that anything other than the gross military negligence committed by the powers that be within this town could have prevented some of the losses taken during these raids. I will see that justice is done."

raspberrybadger
2017-03-09, 12:47 PM

Foreluth's first thought on seeing the fire is Finally, evidence of something a little more detailed than the complete vagueness we were given.. His second thought is to get his necromantic protection back up again - he knows this is half excuse, but he reasons that this is a potential combat situation, and he will still have this magic available later if he needs it then as well. So he takes the moment to cast False Life before following. While following, he takes the time to savour both the feeling of power flowing through him and the irony: I feel more alive when the power of undeath is most active in me.

He is too caught up in figuring out how to maintain proper security while splitting the team that he doesn't actually do anything about finding his uncle or helping the others until the watchman comes and changes the plan anyway. That bothers him for a moment, but he shoves away both any concern for his uncle and the self criticism. This conversation could be important - and the upcoming one with the mayor, more so. He doesn't say anything, but he slips into his by now standard role of silently supporting the others; here that means nodding when Varandriel agrees, but later it will mean being ready to use his knowledge or magic in response to any question where they would be relevant.

False Life again. 9 hours of temp hp [roll0]

Genth
2017-03-09, 05:28 PM
Tavyra

The sight of the Breadsmith makes Tavyra fall silent, and she doesn't speak again for almost an hour, the woman shaking slightly. When Kaige speaks, however, the half-elf looks up, her eyes red and her lips pulled back into a snarl "Vuk Silumni!, how dare you. People have died here, and you call them 'managerial failures'? As if this is just one more opportunity to throw around your pit-damned iron arse philosophy? This is a village. Not a fort. These people were not military. They shouldn't have had to fight. This is the drow's fault, and nobody elses, and I won't hear you insult these people because you think you could have done better!". She looks like she's about to throw a punch, and has gone white.

Hattish Thing
2017-03-09, 08:15 PM

The Hellknight glowers towards Tavyra from beneath her horned helmet, her expression distinctly one of disappointment. "No one should have to fight, yes. That remains one of the founding ideas behind the creation of the Hellknights as an organization. We strive to create a world where we are no longer required to protect, enforce, and execute. However, this is not that world, and in this world, conflict is inevitable as we fight against the forces of chaos and evil. This is why I fight. Where civilization exists, there exists those who prey upon civilization, Tavyra. There are monsters out there, vile creatures such as the drow. They will kill, and maim, and destroy, should no one stop them. The idea that one can simply go about a peaceful existence unarmed, unable to stand up to the evils of the world is a pleasant, yet entirely unrealistic fantasy."

Kaige shakes her head, adjusting her cloak as she does so.

"Had there been a more well-trained and organized militia acting as protectors of the cove, losses would have been diminished. Some who are now dead may have survived. Don't pretend otherwise. All must be held accountable for what happened here, not simply the drow, but also those whose ignorance and incompetence prevented a more stable resistance from forming."

"Such as this Lord."

DyerMaker
2017-03-09, 11:46 PM
Varandriel attempts to determine the condition of Ninette's health. She finds that there is nothing from an aid standpoint keeping Ninette in her slumber. Ninette is not injured in any way. She remains in a deep sleep.

Those of the group who are available, or whom have grieved for the moment, join Tanlaith, the watchman to meet Lord MacCarmaig. The mayor is port side at the moment, consoling an elderly couple. The Lord notices your arrival and, after speaking a few words to the couple, walks toward you. Lord MacCarmaig is an aged human (possibly half-elven?) leader, average height and slightly thin. He wears the purple vestments of Desna. Tanlaith dismounts and nods that you do likewise. Lord MacCarmaig addresses you;
Oh, what a tragedy. Two raids now. I thank you for coming. It was just this morning that a raven arrived from your mentor, Professor Noji. I must say that your reputation precedes you. From the professor's note, I understand that some of your number have experienced this tragedy first-hand. May Desna grant them peaceful sleep and hope to you in these dark times. My prayer is that you assist us in exterminating this plague upon the Cove. Simply put, will you accept such a quest? How may I and our people be of service in this work?

The mayor is both sincere and his words are heartfelt.

Phasm
2017-03-10, 02:54 AM

On their way through the village Varandriel elects to stay out of Tavyra and Kaige's argument. Experience has taught her that neither woman will back down, especially when emotions are running high as they are right now. And telling them to knock it off may or may not work.

...Besides, if she waits long enough Reid will get fed up with the bickering and do it for her.

"Of course we will help, Mayor. That is why we have come." The cleric is still a bit pale, but the thought of smiting drow with righteous fury keeps her going. "We need to know as much as possible about the attack. I know it is a painful subject, but the more we know the better we can plan our retaliation. Where did they come from? How many were there? Did they have magic users? That sort of thing."

Athaleon
2017-03-10, 03:09 PM

The Tiefling just looked on awkwardly as those around him grieved and agitated. Familial attachment was alien to him, but he tried to put himself in their shoes and imagine what it would be like if his comrades, at least those he liked more, were missing and assumed captured or slain. Would he be carrying on like they were? He mulled it over in his mind and honestly didn't know.

When the argument started, he put in his two cents: "Kaige has a point, you know, and it's even simpler than she says: Might makes right. Maybe it's not how things ought to be, but it's how things are."

When it came time to meet with the mayor, he simply looked down, trying to avoid drawing attention to himself.

raspberrybadger
2017-03-11, 04:03 AM

Foreluth decides not to get involved in the argument between Kaige and Tavyra, keeping his thoughts to himself: Kaige again. Logic no more ought to uphold such morality than magic should. But this is neither the time nor the place - and if it were, Tavyra's gone all emotional again and sped ahead of logic and facts. Nothing to gain by talking.

He's glad Varandiel is doing the talking, because the Mayor seems intent on extracting promises to help rather than providing promises of aid, useful information, or reward. But perhaps she can get her questions answered.

Genth
2017-03-11, 03:15 PM

The half-elf falls quiet, eyes narrowed slightly at the rest of her party as they move onwards. After a few moments of silence, she speaks "If we accept what Kaige says, then nothing will ever get better. We'll just keep building bigger and bigger walls." before moving to ride a little ahead of the others, her body language clearly stating she doesn't want to talk. To any of them.

grifter730
2017-03-12, 02:02 AM

Reid had been silent throughout the ride from the encounter with the woman near the entrance, to Tavyra's relatives' shop, and still he kept quiet even as his relative described the abduction of his children. Bennet, for certain, had been taken. Mathilda's fate is unknown. Reid's heart felt as if it was being squeezed out of every last drop of blood, but he needed to stay strong, if not for his companions' sake, then for his children who need him more than ever.

When Tavrya and Kaige began their argument, Reid saw no point in choosing a side. Kaige spoke of truth plainly seen in reality, but Tavrya's hope for a better world was no less truthful. He did meander over to Tavrya when things have cooled down, patting a firm grip on her shoulder. There was no need to say anything about their tragedy, they're both going through the same ordeal. He spoke anyway. "Chin up. Kyrin needs our strength now. My children need our strength. This hard world Kaige describes, it may yet break you. Do not let it."

Reid took the front and rode next to Tanlaith, staying quiet the rest of the ride. Sensing no detection of evil on either Tanlaith or the Mayor, Reid appreciated the heartfelt words. He could even detect the hint of hope and desperation mingling behind the Mayor's plea for their help.

"This world we must protect," Reid says, "each day I hoped I might've seen the last of its cruelty, and now this. There are questions yet to be answered, but rest assured, Lord MacCarmaig, even were we not personally touched by this tragedy, this savagery demands an answer. We shall endeavor to root out its cause and seek justice. And should justice be absent, I'd gladly settle for vengeance."

Genth
2017-03-12, 06:28 PM

Reid's hand on her shoulder it met with a small jerk, followed by a settling and a soft, quiet sigh. "I don't want her to be right, Reid... " she says, quietly, before giving her head a little shake and looking over to the paladin, a weak smile on her features. "But alright. I'll be ok. Lets get them back."

She falls back to Varandriel's side, staying close to the elven woman, letting the two 'adults' talk to the mayor.

Hattish Thing
2017-03-13, 12:40 PM

​Kaige stands tall, adjusting her heavy weighted cloak of crimson and black over her bulky, infernal armor. The Hellknight merely nods understandingly towards Korbus as he speaks, appreciating the tiefling's philosophy and it's similarities to her own. She looks forward at the Mayor with a thoroughly unfavorable expression, little more than the cold, dull gray lights of her eyes visible through the slits of her frightening helmet.

Reid was being far too understanding towards this man. Kaige did not trust it.

After Reid finishes speaking towards the aged man in purple, The Hellknight steps forward, an imperious stance assumed as she looks down upon the man, boasting a wilting scowl that could easily reduce grown warriors to cowering fools. Her gestures are dictatorial, her voice commanding, and a palpable aura of overbearing authority has naturally formed around her.

With a voice muffled and distorted by her uniquely-designed helmet to sound slightly metallic and low, she speaks to the mayor, stepping closer as she does so. "There is blood on your hands, Lord MacCarmaig. How do you dare speak of tragedy? Your town was practically unguarded and thoroughly ill-equipped to deal with a raid, that is a failure on your part. Why were you not more prepared? You say there was even a second raid, and yet even then, you were not prepared. You are just as guilty for leaving this place weak and vulnerable as the drow are who exploited these weaknesses."

"Prayers are of no use to the dead. I demand you explain the state of this town prior to the raid. Why was the Cove so poorly defended, why did you not evacuate the cove before the second raid?"

"Are you in league with them?"

The Hellknight steps closer, her eyes staring down. "I trust you know enough about Hellknights to know that I'll know if you lie..."

raspberrybadger
2017-03-13, 02:18 PM

Foreluth pays only half attention to Reid, summarizing it as A little distraction from the questions, but I suppose that is how you say 'yes' in paladin. He's not really annoyed though - he's still feeling almost charitable toward Reid for getting whatever that conflict was toward some sort of acceptable end.

As Kaige starts talking Forluth realizes that simply waiting for Varandiel's questions to be answered isn't working as well as intended. It is sort of the reaction one might have to a carriage accident about to happen - to someone else. He has just one thought - This had better not be my job to get under control.

DyerMaker
2017-03-13, 08:12 PM
Lord MacCarmaig responds to Varandriel's questions; We know that the outlying farms to the East were attacked first. We believe that area is where they are coming from. They came with ferocious fighters, with magic and with the undead. The second attack came mainly from the North.

The mayor responds positively to Reid as well and thanks the Paladin for his help in seeking justice for all of those who are affected by this tragedy and especially for those who might yet be recovered. His tone is still positive but seems a bit disgusted with the Hellknight; Your ignorance of Roderic's Cove could not shine more bright. We are a shipping and trading port with no attack from the land since our founding over 70 years ago. Even then, our founding fathers, including my own, only dealt with dire animals and the occasional goblin raid. Pirates are our main concern, Ms. Hellknight. We have a standing navy to deal with such matters. An attack like this was unprecedented. ... Evacuate? To where? You are in no position to make demands of me and I'm certainly glad that your companions do not share your views.

What's left of our Watch will be happy to help those of you willing, at least showing you the farms that were attacked first. I'm going to check on more of our residents, personally!, if you happen to need me.

Do you investigate to the North? to the East?
Do you go on your own or with the Watch?

Phasm
2017-03-14, 12:10 AM

Oh, gods. Varandriel sighs and turns to give Kaige a long-suffering look. The Hellknight's aura of authority bounces right off of her; repeated exposure and devotion to a chaotic deity will do that. "This is neither the time nor the place, Kaige. Not everyone has the resources to hire, train, and equip a full time militia, especially when the area in question does not have a history of conflict.

"I think we should investigate the eastern farms, then the north. What about the rest of you?"

Athaleon
2017-03-14, 02:05 AM

He remained silent as Kaige got chewed out in her turn by the mayor. Nothing annoys people more than telling them what they ought to be doing. Goes double if you're right," he reflected.

"Right. If there're still some coming from the east it's likely that's where they're staging this invasion, and the attack from the north was intended to outflank any defense that might have formed up after the first raid."

grifter730
2017-03-14, 05:38 AM
Reid:

Reid could understand with Kaige's desire to lay blame, but she seems to be laying it excessively, and on the wrong party. Not the first time, and certainly will not be the last time this will happen. Better appease the Mayor before all doors to possible clues and help are slammed shut by Kaige's jabbing finger. "Please forgive my companion. We all bear the burden of exceptional duress and its weight on the mind may be forcing the heart to overcompensate. Certainly not every settlement of every size could be expected to have a defense procedure in place for every possible calamity. Now," Reid turns to Varandriel, "I agree that we should investigate the North. The source of this latest attack would be the best place to start. If a Watchman could be spared, perhaps having someone point out the important points of the site would be helpful. "

Hattish Thing
2017-03-14, 11:14 AM

​Kaige glares down at the man at this point, clearly unimpressed with the Lord. The Hellknight's gray eyes warp and alter, a flash of orange washing over them as the woman attempts to pierce the man's very soul, scouring him for any shred of chaos present. Regardless of what she detects in the man, the Hellknight reaches for the heavy, iron-and-chain bound tome bolted to her armor, opening up to a pre-selected page. As she glances down the page, she speaks harshly. However, anger or disgust is not an emotion evident in her forbidding words. Instead, icy indifference mixed with a twinge of subtle disappointment can be sensed within her words. "A safe and civilized society cannot be expected to continue functioning if it relies upon the judgement calls of useless people, and it is often said that a man who is good at making up excuses is good at little else, your Lordship."

The Hellknight glances down at the shimmering badges bolted into her armor, before finding what she was apparently looking for within her iron tome, the Measure and Chain.

She reads it to herself, before quickly removing a map and glancing at it. After a moment, she continues to speak towards MacCarmaig, her tone final and conclusive. "Ah. You are correct, your Lordship. I am in no position to make demands here, as of now. I'm afraid this land remains firmly within the jurisdiction of the Order of the Nail. They will be receiving word of your failures, and will most likely investigate within a measure of weeks."

"Best you pray they are as understanding as I am... Though that is unlikely, indeed."

--

Kaige closes the Measure and Chain loudly, the chains bolted into the book rattling, before glancing towards Reid and Korbus.

"Yes. The North. I am eager to begin the hunt."

Genth
2017-03-14, 03:56 PM

Tavyra almost leaps at Kaige after those previous remarks, but keeps herself still, closing her eyes for a moment and listening to Reid's voice. After a moment, she nods in his direction. "I'd say we'd need to look at both. But the farms are probably the best bet, as Varandriel says. But I'll go along with what Reid thinks is right if needed." she says, and unslings her bow. "Undead and magic we can deal with. Plenty of experience there." she adds, managing a weak smile.

DyerMaker
2017-03-14, 08:54 PM
Lord MacCarmaig merely smirks at the Hellknight. You have no authority here. Help or don't. The mayor takes his leave.

Tanlaith, the watchman, mounts his horse and heads east. I'll show you the farms.
You ride for approximately five miles outside of the the Cove before reaching the first farm. Other than a broken front door, the farm seems otherwise untouched. Looking inward, the rustic walls and furniture have definitive signs of a slaughter. Blood stains some portion of each surface. Some portions larger than others. Tanlaith speaks; This was the Mooren's farm. All adults. No children. No one of elvish heritage. That's the pattern so far. There are four similar farms east. It is here that you notice tracks in greater number, several belonging to large sized biped and quadruped creatures. Medium humanoid-sized tracks as well.

Do you investigate further here or look north?
Make any rolls that seem pertinent to your investigation.
Ask anything of Tanlaith that you feel is important.

raspberrybadger
2017-03-15, 03:37 AM

Foreluth is annoyed at the lack of hard information, but he figures that the verbal sparring pretty much precludes any chance of anything useful happening if he opens his mouth. He does nod to Tavyra though when she mentions undead and magic. Perhaps he can discover what type or types.

At the first farm Foreluth decides to treat the watchman as a professional who might give actual information, and says flatly "I am told the attackers used undead. Could you point us to a person or a place that could tell us what kind were used?"

Even as he speaks he is taking in the scene and looking at the tracks - he doesn't expect to find much other than a straightforward killing, but a few moments of carefulness is worth the possibility of avoiding fatal ignorance later.

edit: rolls in the other thread, Perception 22, Knowledge either 34 or 26 to identify any tracks or evidence.

grifter730
2017-03-15, 06:35 AM
Reid:

Reid slides off his horse and slowly looks about the area. He speaks to Tanlaith as he inspect the wreckage. "Tell me, Tanlaith, what are your thoughts on this matter? Why do you suppose the drow are raiding this Cove? Have you heard any rumours going about?"

Detect Evil for this area (just in case).
Perception: [roll0]
Diplomacy (gather info): [roll1]

Phasm
2017-03-16, 12:15 AM

The Hellknight is a useful meat-shield. You have more important things to do. Do not lecture the Hellknight. Varandriel closes her eyes, takes a deep, deep breath, then begins aiding in her more level-headed comrades' search of the area.

DyerMaker
2017-03-16, 05:52 PM
Tanlaith responds to questions as they come; From Foreluth, "I am told the attackers used undead. Could you point us to a person or a place that could tell us what kind were used?" Yes. Me. They control Ogre Zombies. There's a necromancer in their midst. Our Watch couldn't match that kind of ferocity. However, we do have 80 sailors that will be aground tonight. Still, they can't turn the undead.

Then from Reid, "Tell me, Tanlaith, what are your thoughts on this matter? Why do you suppose the drow are raiding this Cove? Have you heard any rumours going about?" I, we, have no idea. Easy target for a few slaves? There are other towns more populated than ours when even fewer defenses. My opinion; It's somehow personal.

Your observations reveal several different types of tracks: humanoid, large humanoid (ogre), dire spider, horse and wagon. All of the tracks lead further east. Tanlaith notices the group looking east and speaks; There's a hunting lodge about 10 miles east of here. Otherwise, its just forest and meadow.

Continue eastward or look north?

Athaleon
2017-03-16, 11:48 PM

"If there's nothing out there, it means there won't have been much traffic, right? If the Drow really did come from that direction, someone with a good track sense ought to be able to tell," Korbus reasoned. "Maybe even track 'em all the way to their hole. If not, then the lack of tracks would rule that area, and we can try looking north. Hell, if we're lucky someone at the hunting lodge might be able to tell us something. Even if they've seen nothing that'd still be useful to know."

Hattish Thing
2017-03-17, 12:47 AM

The Hellknight follows, silently looking over the situation and pondering over what may have been the motive behind the raid.

When the time comes, she briefly suggests investigating the hunting lodge nearby.

grifter730
2017-03-17, 04:59 AM
Reid:

Reid listens as the watchman answers his questions, though his eyes stay on his surroundings and the tracks that continue eastward. There were no doubt things still left to investigate in the North, but the tracks here point to a clear enough direction. "Let's follow these tracks east and see what we may discover there."

Genth
2017-03-17, 03:57 PM

The half-elf follows the proceedings quietly, simply observing and listening. She rides a little further to the east than the others, looking down at the tracks with a grim look on her face. "If the hunting lodge is still around, that it.." she adds to the conversation with a cold look back at the group.

raspberrybadger
2017-03-17, 11:47 PM

Foreluth adds "Yes, these tracks do seem to be our best source of information. We should investigate. 10 miles is quite a distance though, and we are in haste. If there is any more information to be gained from this city then it would be more efficient to do that now. However, I can see how one could argue that we will learn little more without following the tracks."

DyerMaker
2017-03-19, 10:17 AM
You follow the tracks, which are not well hidden, for a distance into meadow then forest. Reaching the lodge, a sign greets you; Travelers’ Rest—All Are Welcome. A wagon is readily visible to the south of the lodge. The door is ajar. More tracks are visible around the lodge.
Tanlaith proclaims; Here we are. This is as far as I go.

(Know Local, Know Religion rolls will reveal further information on the lodge)

What do you do?

grifter730
2017-03-20, 05:27 AM
Reid:

Noticing the ajar door, Reid immediately pauses, calming himself and calling forth his inner reserve to detect the presence of evil.

Detect Evil
Knowledge Religion: [roll0]

DyerMaker
2017-03-20, 12:07 PM
No evil auras are present.

The Traveler's Rest is a lodge built and maintained by those who honor and follow Erastil (Old Deadeye, Stag God, Estig the Hunter; His religion dates back to before the Age of Darkness, when small farming communities and hunter-gatherers prayed to him for bountiful harvests and successful hunts. He leads his followers by example and good deeds rather than flowery rhetoric.)

The lodge provides hunters and travelers alike with shelter. Each visitor is expected to use what s/he needs from the shelter and contribute what he can in return. For instance, those with extra supplies might leave them for the next travelers, hunters might provide meat, and unskilled common folk might chop wood. In this way, the lodge is maintained.

What do you do?

Athaleon
2017-03-20, 01:16 PM
Korbus (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1114535) pulled a wand from a pocket and drew his sword as he edged up slowly to the door, listening for any tell-tale sound of ambushers waiting inside.

Genth
2017-03-21, 05:59 PM

Tavyra climbs down from her horse, landing on the soft ground gracefully, and pulls out her bow. In a bare whisper, she says a few words of respect for Old Deadeye, and instead of going to the door, waves to Reid and indicates herself and then at the side of the lodge, trying to communicate that she is going to go around the outside of the lodge to look for any clues or leads, trying to be as silent and as stealthy as possible while she does so.

Stealth [roll1]

raspberrybadger
2017-03-21, 11:33 PM

Foreluth remains rather unsure the lodge will prove to be of any significance in the search for information, but he might as well do what he can. His magic can only provide a minor boost to his ability to search the area for clues, but then, it is a minor spell doing the job. A mere moment, a rune traced in the air with his finger, a whispered incantation, and he has the benefit of Heightened Awareness. Then, he looks around to see what may be seen.

Heightened awareness, duration 90 min, +2 to Knowledge and Perception, +4 to initiative once.

Perception [roll0]

DyerMaker
2017-03-22, 08:32 PM
Inside the lodge supplies blood and food are strewn on the floor and on several surfaces. In the main room are three sets of bunk beds sufficient for six travelers. Bedding is removed, cut and in part, shredded. One particular bed is left whole but saturated in blood. In a secondary room is a small kitchen. It's cupboard is emptied with various adventuring gear also thrown about on the floor and hearth and all of these things spattered with some amount of blood. Korbus and Foreluth find a symbol cut into the cupboard. Foreluth's knowledge of religion recalls this as the symbol for Lolth, Queen of the Demon Lords; Lady of Chaos, Queen of Spiders, Mother of Lust, Queen of the Demonweb Pits.

http://i.imgur.com/l2Fhjl9.png

Tavyra finds a fenced-off corral area, an enclosed privy, plenty of firewood, and a bloody tunic in the woodpile. She also finds a child's shoe near the cart and numerous tracks in the corral area. It seems those taken from the Cove were likely kept in this area. The privy was recently used as well. More tracks lead from the back gate of the corral, heading further east into the forest.

2 hours of daylight remain.

What is your next step?

Genth
2017-03-22, 08:37 PM

Shaking slightly, Tavyra picks up the shoe, and moves back around to the front of the lodge, following the two back in and staring for a moment at the symbol. After a moment, she holds up the shoe to the group and gives it a little shake.

"I.. I found where they kept the captives. There are tracks heading east. Lets go." she says, simply, and goes outside again to wait for the others.

Athaleon
2017-03-23, 01:12 PM
Korbus (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1114535) rubbed his nose as he rejoined the group. "Privy was used recently. If they're laden with captives we might even catch up to them before they can crawl back under their rock, if we saddle up right now." With that, he waved his conjured horse over and climbed back into the saddle.

raspberrybadger
2017-03-23, 09:45 PM

Foreluth is caught up in trying to understand why the symbol is there - it could be a false flag operation, a religious observance, a necessary component for a ritual, a message, or something he hasn't thought of.

Then, unsurprisingly Tavyra wants to chase. Better haste, if we cannot have proper preparation and information is his argument to himself, and so he does not argue. Instead, he nods assent and adds As further evidence, someone for whatever reason cut a symbol of Llolth into the wood of the lodge. Evidence of what, I suppose we find out in combat, as usual.

With that, the one good thing about this rush into possible violence occurs to him - there's every reason to refresh the necromantic power flowing through him as soon as it has worn off, and perhaps add in his other combat defences as well.

grifter730
2017-03-27, 04:51 PM

Sensing no evil presence, Reid enters and investigates along with his companions. He had no time for niceties, showing no care or respect for Erastil, instead he watches his step to ensure he misses nothing and does not disturb the scene any more than he had to to ascertain what happened. The evidence suggests those taken from the Cove were likely kept in this area, and Korbus and Foreluth's discovery of a symbol of Lolth cut into the cupboard seems to support that idea. With the track moving further east, Tavyra was quick to suggest moving forward. Reid had no qualms about that and nods his agreement as he moves with haste to keep going.

DyerMaker
2017-03-27, 10:39 PM
The group moves further east and says goodbye to Tanlaith as he returns to the Cove. From here, the forest comes alive as the trees grow closer together with old-growth trees and a canopy that reaches high into the sky. The forest is cleaner with less undergrowth as only single rays of sunlight shine through canopy openings to reach the forest floor. Life is abundant here. It is as beautiful as it is eerie.

The tracks continue across a narrow path, becoming harder and harder to track. Roll Survival to continue tracking.

Not far off of the path is a small hunting shed in which you can shelter or you can establish a normal camp. You can also continue tracking beyond dusk.

What do you do?

Athaleon
2017-03-28, 12:19 AM
Korbus (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1114535) squinted at the ground in front of them, careful to let those more versed in tracking lead the way. "You can see whatever you want in this dirt," he muttered once the tracks were no longer obvious to the untrained eye. "If any of you can still follow their tracks, and no one has a compelling reason not to, I say we keep going."

Genth
2017-03-28, 01:53 AM

The half-elf frowns in frustration as the easy tracks dwindle down, and before long she halts along with the rest of the group by the hunting shed. "I agree with Korbus. We should keep going, can anyone point the way?"

raspberrybadger
2017-03-28, 05:00 AM

Foreluth replies "I can see in the dark, at least close in, and golems can as well. Except for the lack of sleep, I could continue into the darkness. Mundane tracking is not a skill I have though.

As for scrying, that would take an hour, I would need something of one of the people who was taken, and even then it would only show the immediate surroundings. It might allow some minimal communication with the person scried. But, given the time and the low chances of success I cannot suggest scrying. We may well be faster to reach our goal if we sleep rather than scry."

grifter730
2017-03-29, 04:59 AM

Reid stares at the ground for several moments, debating what actions to take. "Sunlight is unlikely to help us without a proper tracker at this point." He looks over at Kaige. "My own tracking skills are limited as well, but nothing's to be done about that now. We can rest at the hunting shed up ahead. Approach it with caution as usual, perhaps the drow went that way as well. If they're not still around, they may have left clues there. Otherwise we'll continue tomorrow and see if luck stumbles our way. How's that sound to everyone?"

Since untrained tracking only works if the DC is less than 10, it seems like Kaige is the only one that even remotely has a shot at proper tracking. I'm not sure if the player is still active in this game, so unless Kaige speaks up, I guess we head to the shed. No point in continuing at dark that I can imagine.

Athaleon
2017-03-31, 01:38 AM

"All right. Like I said, if the trackers can't track there's not much point keeping on going. And I suppose the shed's as good a shelter as we're likely to find out here."

DyerMaker
2017-04-01, 02:28 PM
As darkness falls the group decides to camp in the shed, though the decision is somewhat split. The hunting shed is small, accommodating four persons at best. There is a small pantry minus supplies and enough firewood to keep inhabitants warm through the night. As the group moves toward the shed, the Drow attack. The group is, in whole, surprised. No one heard them coming. No one anticipated this outcome.

The Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y6iTBuQPKriv4Fj_beepB8uOZ74lYTCi8iaQrAQsHg0/edit?usp=sharing). (This file/link will be used for all maps in this adventure).

First, the area near the shed is covered in a deeper darkness. Korbus and Dalmun are within the deeper darkness.
Tavyra is targeted: atk1[roll0], possible arrow damage [roll1], [roll2] acid damage
atk2[roll3], possible arrow damage [roll4], [roll5] acid damage

Reid is targeted: atk1[roll6], possible arrow damage [roll7], [roll8] acid damage
atk2[roll9], possible arrow damage [roll10], [roll11] acid dmg

Foreluth is targeted: atk1[roll12], possible arrow damage [roll13], [roll14] acid damage
atk2[roll15], possible arrow damage [roll16], [roll17] acid dmg

The pink dotted areas on the map are the direction in which the arrows came.
Tavyra and Reid were targeted from the south, Foreluth from the north.
You'll notice the cardinal directions are upside down.

PC's attack next in Round 1, then Drow.
What do you do?

Gwynfrid
2017-04-01, 05:18 PM
Dalmun Karg (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1119774)

"Here you are... It wasn't easy to find you folks, mind you!" The half-orc dismounts as he greets his comrades. He bears the tired signs of one who has ridden all day. He had been on an errand for Professor Noji when the terrible news of the attack on Roderic's Cove came, and had taken the road in haste. His clouded vision, as always, made it difficult for him to ride fast or take the shortest route, and only found his old companions by repeatedly asking for assistance on the way, from people who had seen the company pass through.

He doesn't have time to get a recount from them as they survey the small hunting shed, though. He hasn't been there for two minutes, when the enemy strikes. A total darkness ensconces the area, and Dalmun finds himself subject to a more complete blindness than the one the gods inflicted on him, all these years past.

"What the..." He stops in his tracks. The seasoned warrior in him takes over instantly.

"LORDS OF WAR AND VALOR, I PRAY YOU! Grant us your blessing against these cowards from the dark!"

Even through the deep darkness, the energy from his faith spreads out, bolstering his allies as they hear his bellowed words.

Taking a more normal voice, he adds: "Er... Does anyone see anything?"

Standard action - cast Prayer. +1 luck bonus on attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saves, and skill checks to all allies within 40 feet. If there are any enemies within range, they take a -1 penalty on such rolls.
Move action - Dalmun will walk slowly, in the direction of anybody saying they can see something.

Dalmun Karg (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1119774)
Half-orc Oracle of Battle 9 LG
HP 77 / 77 Speed 30 ft Init 2
AC 19 Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 (+2 vs charm, compulsion, fear effects)
CMB +13 BAB 6
Heirloom courageous guisarme +2 +16/+11 (2d4+12, 19-20/x3)
Guisarme w/Power Attack +13/+8 (2d4+21, 19-20/x3)
Trip w/guisarme +20/+15
Masterwork cestus +14/+9 (1d4+7, 19-20/x2)
Cold iron masterwork warhammer +14/+9 (1d8+10, 20/x3)
Str 20 (6) Dex 14 (2) Con 12 (1) Wis 10 (0) Int 8 (-1) Cha 16 (3)

Spell in effect: Prayer (1/9 rds) reflected in above stats

Spells cast: lvl1 0/7, lvl2 0/7, lvl3 1/7, lvl4 0/7

DyerMaker
2017-04-01, 11:22 PM
Move action - Dalmun will walk slowly, in the direction of anybody saying they can see something.To where does Dalmun move? Move at half speed if you're unable to see. Specific coordinates, please.

Athaleon
2017-04-02, 03:00 AM
Korbus (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1114535)' usual instinct during ambush was to rush his attacker, but he couldn't do that until he knew where they were. He fell back in the direction he came, and as soon as he could see (most of) his companions he cast a quickening spell on them.

Move to AG 16 and cast Haste on himself and the party members he can see.

DyerMaker
2017-04-02, 12:05 PM
Korbus (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1114535)' usual instinct during ambush was to rush his attacker, but he couldn't do that until he knew where they were. Vaguely reasoning that his enemies were as blind as he was in the area of darkness, since he could usually see just fine in the dark, he cast a quickening spell on himself and his companions, and began to back away in the direction he came.

Standard: Cast Haste on the party
Move: Draw his Wand of Shield
5' step to AE 16
Where does Korbus move? Please provide a coordinate at half speed in which you move.
Also, you need to be able to see your companions or touch them in order to cast a spell upon them, unless the spell has an area effect. The quickening spell on yourself is fine. You may edit or amend this action.

Gwynfrid
2017-04-02, 12:59 PM
To where does Dalmun move? Move at half speed if you're unable to see. Specific coordinates, please.

That depends on what the others say, since he can't see a thing (that's why I chose a spell that doesn't require targeting anybody). If Tavyra calls first, he'll walk at half speed in her direction and end up in AF15. If Reid or Foreluth answer first, he'll make it to AF14. If no one calls, he'll stay in place and think of something to do about the light next round.

Athaleon
2017-04-02, 01:12 PM
Where does Korbus move? Please provide a coordinate at half speed in which you move.
Also, you need to be able to see your companions or touch them in order to cast a spell upon them, unless the spell has an area effect. The quickening spell on yourself is fine. You may edit or amend this action.

Didn't know until I checked it just now, that you can't take a 5' step in darkness. I changed his action accordingly, with a move action to go to AG 16 rather than AE 16.

raspberrybadger
2017-04-02, 01:51 PM

Foreluth is disgusted with himself for letting the argument over tracking distract himself from both personal protection and maintaining proper security when darkness fell. Those arrows hurt. Still, now that he knows there are archers he has options.

Despite his injuries he doesn't see this ambush as a serious threat. Calling to Kuroz, he points into the area from which the arrows came and orders "Advance and kill those not of our group." Kuroz deathlessly silently wades into the darkness.

Foreluth follows in the wake of his bone golem, ready to let loose with necromantic power. A few runic gestures, a white feather, and a fell word, and he can let loose a torrent of fear into his unseen opponents.

Bone Golem stats (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/constructs/golem/golem-bone/).
Move action to AIAJ89.
It has darkvision, but perhaps its targets will be hidden so I'm not sure if it gets an attack. Hopefully it will get an attack of opportunity though if they run, as it threatens the whole pink area if it makes it to its intended spot. Also I don't know if it reveals targets by attempting to move into them or if it can see once it gets that close - in that case it may get an attack. If not, ideally it readies a standard action to attack once it can see something. If an attack is needed,
attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

Foreluth takes a move action to AI11, though obviously he's stopping short of that if the golem is stopped by running into a foe.

Spell cast: Fear (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/f/fear/), DC 23 Will save, panic 9 rd if fail, shaken 1 rd if succeed.
should hit the following squares, using cone template (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/combat/space-reach-threatened-area-templates/)
AI-AJ 10
AH-AK 9
AG-AL 8
AF-AM 7
AG-AL 6
AI-AJ 5

Caster level check vs SR [roll2] if needed.

I'm assuming there that the green squares don't block line of effect.

Concentration check in case the acid is ongoing or someone has a readied action to shoot or something: [roll3]

Current spells up - none
Spells expended so far - fear, false life, heightened awareness
Current hp - 42

Genth
2017-04-02, 03:55 PM

Tavyra lets out a small sound of pain as two arrows thunk into her, despite her best efforts to move. "Bastards..." she says in a low, angry voice, before standing up and scanning the area around her to try and locate her attackers. Even as she does so, she launches into song, to bolster and strengthen her friends.

"Silyri y rea, silyri y rea,
y silur, sile o selui.
Silyri silui neal rea, silyri silui neal rea,
mea silu y kutae var silualbe."

Within the song, she concentrates on her own body, weaving the air around herself until she appears as if she were in several locations at once.

Tavyra
HP: 42/69
AC: 21 (22 if Korbus sees Tavyra when he casts haste)
Move: Starting Up Bardic Performance (Inspire Courage)
Standard: Casting Displacement on Self

Current Conditions: Inspire Courage (+2 to Attack/Damage, +2 to saves vs Charm and Fear), Displacement (50% Miss Chance, [possibly] Haste (+1 Attack, AC, Reflex saves, +30ft Move Speed, 1 Extra Attack)

Gwynfrid
2017-04-02, 05:51 PM
Dalmun (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1119774)

As always, Dalmun's spirits rise high, at the sound of Tavyra's melodious voice. Her song serves him as a guide out of the darkness, his step purposeful as he unfastens his gleaming guisarme from its strap.

Move action, walk to AF15 while drawing weapon.

HP 77 / 77 Speed 30 ft Init 2
AC 19 Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 (+2 vs compulsion, +5 vs charm, +3 vs fear effects)
CMB +15 BAB 6
Heirloom courageous guisarme +2 +18/+13 (2d4+14, 19-20/x3)
Guisarme w/Power Attack +15/+10 (2d4+23, 19-20/x3)
Trip w/guisarme +22/+17
Masterwork cestus +16/+11 (1d4+9, 19-20/x2)
Cold iron masterwork warhammer +16/+11 (1d8+12, 20/x3)

In effect:
- Prayer (1/9 rds) reflected in above stats.
- Inspire Courage from Tavyra, +2 competence to attack and damage reflected in above stats, +2 morale bonus (improved to +3 by Courageous weapon) vs charm and fear.

Spells cast: lvl1 0/7, lvl2 0/7, lvl3 1/7, lvl4 0/7

grifter730
2017-04-03, 10:54 PM

Still unsure of what to make of the new arrival in the form of a half-orc he's known relatively well, the attack by unknown assailants took Reid completely by surprise. Two arrows struck Reid's side in quick succession. Instinct and years of reflex memories took over as Reid's muscles seemingly moved on their own accord.

"Er... Does anyone see anything?" The half-orc's voice came from an absolute darkness where the lodge stood.

The absolute darkness was an unmistakeable clue. Clarity dispersed the fog in Reid's mind. "Drow ambush! Heed my voice if you're in the darkness!" He shouts to warn the group and guide them back to the light as his mind raced to assess the situation. The arrows came from the south, but he wasn't sure if other attacks had come from different directions. "Two arrows from the sou--"

A small sound of pain escaped Tavyra. "Bastards..." She says in a low, angry voice.

"Four arrows from the south! Foreluth, what do you see?" Reid calls out to his comrades even as he moves into position and channels his white fury into focus. Unconsciously he lays a hand on his chest and utters a silent word, and curative powers flood through him. Gripping his deadly elven curved blade, he shuts his eyes momentarily and mutters an of vengeance, a sort of prayer, though perhaps a curse. When he opens his eyes again, their colors have changed, now matching the same hungry red glow bathing the blade. He begins to move towards the south and scan the area for his assailants.

ACTIONS:
- Swift: Lay on Hands on self [roll0]
- Standard: Use Divine Bond to enhance weapon with an additional +2 Enhancement bonus.
- Move: Move to AI-9.

EFFECTS:
- Prayer: +1 Luck to attack, damage, saves, skills.
- Haste: +1 Dodge AC and Reflex, +1 to attack, extra attack.
- Inspire Courage: +2 Competence to attack and damage, +2 Morale to saves vs charm and fear effects.
- Divine Bond: +2 Enhancement to weapon (stacks with the weapon's +1 Enhancement).

STATS:
AC: 19
Fort: 15
Ref: 11
Will: 13

DyerMaker
2017-04-04, 01:03 PM
A quick note here: Korbus could not see nor touch his companions. As of yet, he has only cast upon himself, not the group.

Athaleon
2017-04-04, 02:57 PM
A quick note here: Korbus could not see nor touch his companions. As of yet, he has only cast upon himself, not the group.

I amended his turn to move out of the darkness, then cast the spell.

grifter730
2017-04-04, 04:53 PM

DyerMaker
2017-04-05, 06:08 PM
Dalmun exits the darkness to see his companions with two large humanoids approaching. These giants smell of rot as their skin sheds from their knuckle-dragging arms. Soupy drool spills over its bulbous lips as its face contorts exposing flat black teeth well suited for grinding bones to paste. Dalmun is targeted. Korbus, exits as well. As he finishes casting, he turns to see a male drow with flowing white hair and skin the hue of night bearing upon him in mithral chain, wielding a curved drow blade. The drow attacks.

Foreluth sees the two drow archers armored in mithral chain with exquisite bows to the south. He directs Kuroz to attack, but the golem does not see the drow at first. Foreluth casts Fear in the area. One of the drow (D1) moves back to fire another arrow. The other fights the affects of the spell. (drow (D2) save attempt; [roll0]). Tavrya looks to see the two giants rumbling toward her with a certain, mindless ferocity. The pair are a gruesome sight. Tavrya also notices a drow archer and a blade wielder to the north. In an instant, she also see's what she thinks might be a caster (drow X). Tavrya is the only protagonist to get this glimpse. The Bard is attacked on two fronts. Reid issues a warning of the ambush, heals himself, and moves. (Reid's move is offset slightly by the postion of Kuroz. He is now positioned under a large limb. Green is above him, so his square is now grey).

Foreluth is targeted: atk[roll1], possible arrow damage [roll2], [roll3] acid damage
Dalmun is targeted: atk[roll4], possible arrow damage [roll5], [roll6] acid damage
Provisional roll if the drow is only shaken. Kuroz is targeted: atk[roll7], possible arrow damage [roll8], [roll9] acid damage
Tavrya is attacked by the giants: atk1[roll10], possible slam damage [roll11] (from O1), atk2[roll12], possible slam damage [roll13] (from O2)
Korbus is attacked: atk[roll14], possible blade damage [roll15]; If injured by the blade, Roll Fort Save at DC13 for Drow Poison.
Reid is targeted by a ranged touch attack: atk[roll16], possible damage [roll17]; If injured, Roll Will Save at DC14 or be Sickened.

Note: Any green square touched on TWO sides by WHITE is both passable and provides line of sight.

Athaleon
2017-04-05, 07:29 PM
Korbus (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1114535) grinned in spite of the pain, ignoring the poison seeping into the wound. "You'll regret that, pretty boy," he growled as his hand glowed a fell blue, and he brought his blade to bear against his attacker.

Swift Action: Enhance weapon with Arcane Pool, adding +2 and Keen (total +3, Keen, Cruel)
Full Round Action: Spell Combat, casting Rime Frostbite defensively and full attacking. Concentration auto-succeeds (+16 bonus with Improved Spell Combat vs DC 17 for a 1st-level spell).

Attacks:

First Iterative:
[roll0]
[roll1] Slashing, Adamantine + [roll2] Cold, Nonlethal

Haste:
[roll3]
[roll4] + [roll5]

Spellstrike:
[roll6]
[roll7] + [roll8]

Second Iterative:
[roll9]
[roll10] + [roll11]

If any of the Nonlethal Cold damage sticks, the target is Fatigued until he recovers from the nonlethal damage (Frostbite) and Entangled for 1 round (Rime Spell), and Korbus can make an Intimidate check as a free action (Enforcer feat): [roll12]
If the Drow is rendered Shaken, another hit from the Cruel weapon renders him Sickened.

grifter730
2017-04-05, 07:45 PM

Moving towards his prey, Reid feels discomfort churning in his abdomen, a sure sign of the dark arts at work. He shrugs it off and flashes a menacing grin. A rotten smell filled his nostrils, causing him to glance about. Seeing the two giants behind him, he pauses momentarily. His hunger had promised him drow blood, but the giants posed immediate threats to his unprotected companions. With a disgusted grunt of anger, he turns back towards the giants, knowing that his seasoned companions would know to deal with the archers to keep them busy while the warriors dealt with the physical threats. "Incapacitate the archers!" He shouts.

Blade dragging on the ground, Reid builds momentum and charges the giant. With a scream, he lifts the sword for an overhand chop.

ACTIONS:
- Swift: Smite Evil on O-2 giant.
- Attack (Charge to AJ-13 + Smite + Power Attack): [roll0]
- Damage: [roll1] (smite bypasses DR; also add +9 if the giant is undead)

EFFECTS:
- Prayer: +2 Luck to attack, damage, saves, skills. (Note: I get +2 instead of +1 due to Fate's Favored trait. Forgot about it, so I didn't apply it to the above attack.)
- Inspire Courage: +2 Competence to attack and damage, +2 Morale to saves vs charm and fear effects.
- Divine Bond: +2 Enhancement to weapon (stacks with the weapon's +1 Enhancement), 1/2 left.
- Lay on Hands: 8/9 left.
- Smite Evil: 2/3 left.

STATS:
AC: 18 (due to charging)
Fort: 16
Ref: 12
Will: 14

Gwynfrid
2017-04-05, 10:05 PM
Dalmun is comforted by the sight of his companions within the limited range of his vision, and makes a quick, clinical survey of the surroundings and the attacking forces. Archers over there - Foreluth has them. Giants close - bad, but they will feel Reid's steel... Ouch! An arrow hits him, biting deep, but it is the added pain from the acid that causes him to grunt. He yells at the top of his lungs:

"GRANT US GODSPEED, THAT WE MAY TEAR THEM DOWN!" The birthmark on his forearm glows, as always when he calls on divine power.

Stepping towards the giants in such a way as to leave a withdrawal route for Tavyra, he flashes his weapon, daring them to attack. "Archers are yours, Foreluth!"

Standard action: Cast Blessings of Fervor (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/b/blessing-of-fervor/) on the whole group except Kuroz (too far away). Pick your bonuses as needed.
Move action: Walk to AH14.

HP 58 / 77 Speed 30 ft Init 2
AC 21 Fort +7 Ref +10 Will +9 (+2 vs compulsion, +5 vs charm, +3 vs fear effects)
CMB +15 BAB 6
Heirloom courageous guisarme +2 +20/+15 (2d4+14, 19-20/x3)
Guisarme w/Power Attack +17/+12 (2d4+23, 19-20/x3)
Trip w/guisarme +24/+19
Masterwork cestus +18/+13 (1d4+9, 19-20/x2)
Cold iron masterwork warhammer +18/+13 (1d8+12, 20/x3)

In effect:
- Prayer (2/9 rds) reflected in above stats.
- Inspire Courage from Tavyra, +2 competence to attack and damage reflected in above stats, +2 morale bonus (improved to +3 by Courageous weapon) vs charm and fear.
- Blessing of Fervor (1/9 rds), +2 to attack, AC, Reflex reflected in above stats

Spells cast: lvl1 0/7, lvl2 0/7, lvl3 1/7, lvl4 1/4

Genth
2017-04-05, 11:28 PM
Tavyra (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1114975) almost falters in her song as she is slammed, hard by the giant, but manages to persevere, as she carefully steps away. Once out of the immediate reach of the monstrous beings, she concentrates on the oracle who hewed into sight and came next to her, reaching out to place one hand on his shoulder and let the spirit of Heroism flow into him.

"Hel'e tesir, ma lasi naroth na ka,
tol peri dedd tu relothka!"

Scanning the battle around her, and holding her side painfully, she pulls out her bow, ready to strike true in the next round.

Tavyra
HP: 26/69
AC: 23
5-foot Step to AG-15
Move: Draw Bow
Standard: Casting Heroism on Dalmun
Current Conditions: Inspire Courage (+2 to Attack/Damage, +2 to saves vs Charm and Fear), Displacement (50% Miss Chance, Blessing of Fervor (+2 AC, Attack Rolls, Reflex Saves)

raspberrybadger
2017-04-06, 02:10 AM

Foreluth uses the magic of his gloves to magically shield himself against the arrow and fling it right back.

Then he uses his command voice again with Kuroz, pointing to the archer and saying "Close and disarm."

There's another archer over there, but nothing says he can't hit some giants too. Those things need down now - with them here this fight is a little more serious and the group could take serious injuries. He stands his ground, chants in a crackling voice into some bat guano, and casts Fireball

Gloves of Arrow Snaring to prevent the arrow from hitting and return it at D4. The Deflect Arrows feat which the gloves share prevents any damage from the projectile to Foreluth.
To hit [roll0]
Not sure what the return damage is, whether the arrow still gets its acid, etc.
He's under +3 to attack and damage from prayer and competence. If I understand correctly he doesn't get the +1 from haste?

It looks to me like the Drow failed his Wil save and is running now. If not, his shot didn't make it through the golem's AC.

Kuroz is moving to AM-AN 7-8 and disarming D1. That leaves the golem with the bow if it hits.
Disarm [roll1]

If he gets an attack of opportunity, prioritize D1 over D2. Disarming if the target still has a held weapon.
Attack of opportunity disarm [roll2]
Attack of opportunity attack [roll3]
Attack of opportunity damage [roll4]

Foreluth targets his fireball at the AL-AM 17-18 intersection,
Using 20' radius template (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/combat/space-reach-threatened-area-templates/) hitting squares

AL-AM 13
AK-AP 14-15
AJ-AQ 16-17
AK-AP 18-19
AL-AM 20

Ref DC 20, roll vs any SR [roll5]
Damage [roll6]

Foreluth is accepting the +AC attack ref version of the granted buff

DyerMaker
2017-04-09, 10:53 PM
Round 2

Korbus brings his Adamantine Scimitar down upon the drow cutting him deep at the neck through flesh, muscle and into vertebrae. The drow falls in battle. Reid charges the central giant with his curved blade, landing a vicious blow. Reid certainly has the giants attention now. Dalmun moves forward and taunts the giant, casting Blessings of Fervor. Tavrya takes a step back casting Heroism on Dalmun and draws her bow. Foreluth catches the arrow and hurls it back at the drow who fired it (D1). The return arrow misses its target. Kuroz moves to disarm the drow (D1) and is successful in his attempt. The drow withdraws. Foreluth then casts fireball. The giant falls.

The two drow archers to the south are no longer a threat. One has scampered in fear. The other has withdrawn. One of the giants has also fallen.
Korbus is attacked by the one remaining giant: atk1[roll0], possible slam damage [roll1], atk2[roll2], possible slam damage [roll3]
Reid is targeted by the archer (D4): atk1[roll4], possible arrow damage [roll5], [roll6] acid damage; atk2[roll7], possible arrow damage [roll8], [roll9]
All PCs are enveloped in a darkness that sticks to your skin with a black, chalky texture and a pain that pierces the core of your spirit. The darkness smells of rotting flesh and evil corruption. Total damage is [roll10], plus Sickened for 2 Rounds. Roll Will Save DC 24 for half damage and negate Sickened.

Note: The giant is immune to the darkness, which does not hinder sight.

grifter730
2017-04-10, 03:31 AM

Reid was mildly regretful that the giant fell down to the fireball, and not from his blade, but an enemy down is an enemy down. The drows seem to be mostly missing. They may be back to hiding, but it's more likely that his companions have taken them down or scattered them away with their tails tucked between their legs. Eyeing the remaining standing giant, Reid was about to charge upon it when a sticky blackness of rotting flesh and evil corruption hit him. Again he felt discomfort churning in his abdomen as his mind contemplated what he might be dealing with, but he kept the worst of it down.

Unable to discern where the edge of darkness lies, Reid momentarily ponders whether to run the opposite direction of the giant to look about the field and reassess the situation, or whether he should plunge blindly ahead and take his chances blindly against the giant. He calms himself down enough to think clearly and move south, in the opposite direction that he recalled the giant was at, as he heals himself once more.

Breaking out of the darkness a mere few steps away (AJ-11), Reid moves clockwise along the edge of darkness and the foliage to get as close to his enemies as he could.

ACTIONS:
- Free: Knowledge Religion (if applicable) to know what the blackness/darkness thing is that's blinding everyone: [roll0]
- Swift: Lay on Hands on self [roll1]
- Move: AJ-11
- Standard (???): Perception [roll2] to find the giant (can it be seen above the darkness? Or is the darkness higher than the giant?) or any other enemies nearby.

STATS:
HP: 109/110
AC: 20

EFFECTS:
- Prayer: +2 Luck to attack, damage, saves, skills. (I get +2 instead of +1 due to Fate's Favored trait.)
- Divine Bond: +2 Enhancement to weapon (stacks with the weapon's +1 Enhancement), 1/2 left.
- Lay on Hands: 7/9 left.

EDIT: Will re-post proper post in a bit now that I know we're not actually blinded.

Gwynfrid
2017-04-10, 07:16 AM
Dalmun is bolstered by Tavyra's powerful spell, and shrugs away most of the pain from the maleficent darkness. Looking left, he sees Reid preparing to charge the giant, and decides to go after the remaining archer instead. "Where is this caster?" he calls out as he hustles towards the enemy, his guisarme held high. His strike looks like it aims to behead the drow, but at the last moment it veers down into a swift tripping attempt.

Move action: Walk to AL15.
Perception [roll0] (includes +1 luck, +3 morale)
Standard action: Trip D4 with guisarme [roll1] - EDIT: with Maneuver Mastery, Dalmun's level is treated as his BAB for this purpose. So, add +3 to this result for a total of 35.

AoO, if applicable later in the round: Power Attack[roll2] damage [roll3] critical confirm (on 39+) [roll4] additional damage [roll5]

HP 46 / 77 Speed 30 ft Init 2
AC 21 Fort +10 Ref +13 Will +12 (+2 vs compulsion, +2 vs charm)
CMB +18 BAB 6
Heirloom courageous guisarme +2 +23/+18 (2d4+14, 19-20/x3)
Guisarme w/Power Attack +20/+15 (2d4+23, 19-20/x3)
Trip w/guisarme +27/+22
Masterwork cestus +21/+16 (1d4+11, 19-20/x2)
Cold iron masterwork warhammer +21/+16 (1d8+14, 20/x3)

In effect (all reflected in above stats):
- Prayer (3/9 rds) +1 luck to attacks, damage, saves, skills
- Heroism (90 mins), +2 morale (improved to +3 by Courageous weapon) to attack, saves, skills
- Inspire Courage from Tavyra, +2 competence to attack and damage (morale bonus to saves don't stack with Heroism)
- Blessing of Fervor (2/9 rds), +2 to attack, AC, Reflex
- Not sickened :smallwink:

Spells cast: lvl1 0/7, lvl2 0/7, lvl3 1/7, lvl4 1/4

Athaleon
2017-04-10, 02:03 PM
Korbus (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1114535) had no time to revel in his victory. He roared in pain between the giant's blow and the foul spell. Fighting the churning in his gut, and seeing no other easy way out of the black mist, he used a spell to blur past the giant and evade its attack. He slashed at it with a desperate frenzy, trying to to end the fight as quickly as possible.

Swift Action: Arcane Accuracy to help offset his penalties. (7 Arcane Pool left)

Full Round Action: Spell Combat, taking a -2 to attack rolls for another +2 to concentration to guarantee success (+18 bonus vs DC 19)

Bladed Dash to AJ 19, cast defensively. Then step to AI 20 in case he can provide someone a flanking bonus.

Bladed Dash Attack:
To Hit: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

First Iterative:
To Hit: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Haste Attack:
To Hit: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

Spellstrike Attack:
To Hit: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7]

Second Iterative:
To Hit: [roll8]
Damage: [roll9]

All damage is Slashing and Adamantine. Even though the undead is immune to all Frostbite effects, the hits still use up charges. Let me know how many hits Korbus got on his last few targets so I know how many charges are left if he attacks something else.

6 BAB
+5 STR
+3 Enhancement (with bonus from Arcane Pool)
+2 Blessing of Fervor
+5 Arcane Accuracy
+1 Prayer
-2 Sickened
-4 Spell Combat (with -2 tradeoff for Concentration)

Total: +16 (+21 for Bladed Dash, +11 for Second Iterative)

grifter730
2017-04-10, 06:59 PM

Reid was mildly regretful that the giant fell down to the fireball, and not from his blade, but an enemy down is an enemy down. The drows seem to be mostly missing. They may be back to hiding, but it's more likely that his companions have taken them down or scattered them away with their tails tucked between their legs. Eyeing the remaining standing giant, Reid was about to charge upon it when a sticky blackness of rotting flesh and evil corruption hit him. Again he felt discomfort churning in his abdomen as his mind contemplated what he might be dealing with, but he kept the worst of it down.

"Anything still standing aside from the giant?" Reid shouts to the group as he assesses the situation. He was about to charge the last giant standing when he spots Korbus dash in a blur of steel blood, shredding the giant. Without any other enemy seen standing, Reid charges the giant regardless.

ACTIONS (if O1 giant is still standing):
- Attack (Charge to AI-17 + Power Attack): [roll0]
- Damage: [roll1]

STATS:
HP: 64/110
AC: 19 (due to charging)

EFFECTS:
- Prayer: +2 Luck to attack, damage, saves, skills. (I get +2 instead of +1 due to Fate's Favored trait.)
- Blessing of Fervor: +2 to attack and +2 Dodge to AC and Reflex. (I assume the +2 doesn't stack with Haste)
- Lay on Hands: 8/9 left.

Genth
2017-04-10, 07:09 PM

Tavyra closes her eyes and grits her teeth as the black... stuff splashes against her skin, but she continues to sing, gesturing at Reid and points in the direction of the tree-clump where she saw the caster not long before. Weaving magical incantations into her verse, she conjures a small ball of bright, shimmering light in one hand and casts it out into the night.

Tavyra
HP: 14/69
AC: 23
Standard: Casting Glitterdust on intersection AM-17/AM-18/AN-17/AN-18, 10-foot radius, DC16 to negate the blindness
Current Conditions: Inspire Courage (+2 to Attack/Damage, +2 to saves vs Charm and Fear), Displacement 50% Miss Chance, Blessing of Fervor (+2 AC, Attack Rolls, Reflex Saves)

raspberrybadger
2017-04-11, 02:30 AM

Foreluth sees the darkness descend on his group and his restraint on using necromancy disappears. He's been holding back on using Suffocation, but the other side clearly is not holding back on using dark magic. Someone has to stop this - and the power of necromancy calls to him. The call comes not just from the power he knows he commands - the corruption around him disgusts him, but it also tastes a little like the necromancy he craves.

Decision made to draw on the full power of his necromancy, he steps closer and uses a little of his own breath, a rune for breath and one for negation, and a rasped word from ancient Thassilon to cast Suffocation.

Then he says in an icy voice to Kuroz with a hooked pointing gesture Circle around to right behind him then kill.

Move action to AI13 and casting Suffocation on the caster at AN18.

Fort save DC 24. Succeed and be staggered. Fail and suffocate, causing unconsciousness on the target's next turn. 3 round duration. Saves made every round to worsen the effect. If already unconscious, failed saves cause -1 hp and dying. If already dying, failed saves cause death.

caster level check vs SR [roll0]

Golem double move action to AOAP1819

DyerMaker
2017-04-15, 05:23 PM
Korbus and Reid attack the giant in unison and dispatch the creature. Dalmun successfully trips the drow archer. Tavrya casts Glitterdust, for which caster resists but the archer covers his eyes as he lays prone; the assumption is that he is blinded. Foreluth casts Suffocation on the drow caster. The female drow is staggered but still standing. Kuroz moves to flank. The spellcraft check reveals the caster's previous spell to be divine.

Covered in golden particles the caster vanishes, scorching the earth in blight where she stood. There is no opportunity to strike her. One drow archer remains. Alive. Dusted. Blinded. Prone. The drow mumbles and curses as he continues to stay on the ground.

What do you do now?

Gwynfrid
2017-04-16, 11:18 AM
"Try to find the caster if you can, I've got this one" Dalmun says, softly. His voice turns more threatening as he towers over the drow, lifting the guisarme high above his head.

"One move, and you can kiss your bowels goodbye."

Athaleon
2017-04-16, 11:44 PM
Korbus (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1114535) yelled wordlessly in triumph as the giant fell, but regained his composure as the adrenaline ebbed away and the pain returned. He stalked over to the Drow prisoner, searched him for weapons, and began to question him in Undercommon. "Where's your caster gone, eh? Set up this little ambush and ****ed off when it went bad on her."

Perception? [roll0]

grifter730
2017-04-17, 04:30 PM

Reid takes a moment to catch his breath and revel in the aftermath of certain victory. Blood smearing his face, he walks towards the captured drow, passing Dalmun and patting the man's shoulder. "Rope!" He calls out towards his group, hoping someone had the presence of mind to bring some along, knowing he himself was too distracted and forgot about it before leaving home. Crouching down, he ties the drow's wrists behind the prisoner's back, going out of his way to not be rough.

That done, Reid sits the drow down and gently rubs some dirt off the captive's cheek, looking directly into his eyes. When Reid finally speaks, his voice is calm, bereft any hint of violence. "Are you in need of healing?" He asks. "We're decent folks, not one prone to violence unless coerced. But your people, your people are set on bringing a special kind of hell to this place. My place. And here, my word is law. Now, all I've seen is a drow ordered, perhaps forced, to partake in attacking a group of travelers. If that's the case, the law may be understanding. Just following orders, see? I can understand. So, make me understand better. Take us to wherever you were going. We shall have plenty of time to talk on the way there, enough time to tell us all about why you've been raiding this place, and what you have in store for us. Help us out, and perhaps the law will look sideways when it comes to mete out punishment. What say you?"

ACTIONS:
If the drow said he wanted healing, Reid will ask the Oracle to heal the drow, just something minor to give a show of good faith.
Perception (to see if the escaped drow can be spotted): [roll0]
Diplomacy (to influence attitude and help us out): [roll1]

STATS:
HP: 64/110
AC: 21

EFFECTS:
- Blessing of Fervor: +2 to attack and +2 Dodge to AC and Reflex. (I assume the +2 doesn't stack with Haste)
- Lay on Hands: 6/9 left (1 on self, 2 for Tavyra).

Genth
2017-04-17, 05:41 PM

Tavyra makes her way over to Reid, fishing around in her pack for a few moments before pulling out a length of rope and passing it to Reid as she crouches down beside him, staring down at the Drow with a mixture of pity and hate.

"Khaleth d'at mhaldo." she spits in Sylvan, the tone clearly filled with rather.. choice words. "Reid, I need some healing. I got hit pretty hard... " her gaze returns to the Drow. "Please tell me that at the very least we'll take.. it.. back to face a trial. Even if you're going to be lenient for cooperating.." she adds, her voice quiet.

Gwynfrid
2017-04-17, 06:34 PM

As his companions quickly take hold of the archer, Dalmun opens his trusty magic bag - and right on the top, his rope is at hand. He silently hands it over to Reid, before reaching towards Tavyra. "Thanks for the boost. My turn..." As always, the soft-looking half-elven woman's help has been invaluable. He puts his calloused hand on his friend's shoulder.

"THOSE WHO FOUGHT WELL, DESERVE YOUR HELP AHEAD OF THE NEXT BATTLE, MY LORDS."

On those words, the birthmark glows with a soft golden light, and healing energies flow through the wounded bard's body.

Cure critical wounds [roll0]

HP 46 / 77 Speed 30 ft Init 2
AC 21 Fort +10 Ref +13 Will +12 (+2 vs compulsion, +2 vs charm)
CMB +18 BAB 6
Heirloom courageous guisarme +2 +23/+18 (2d4+14, 19-20/x3)
Guisarme w/Power Attack +20/+15 (2d4+23, 19-20/x3)
Trip w/guisarme +27/+22
Masterwork cestus +21/+16 (1d4+11, 19-20/x2)
Cold iron masterwork warhammer +21/+16 (1d8+14, 20/x3)

In effect (all reflected in above stats):
- Prayer (4/9 rds) +1 luck to attacks, damage, saves, skills
- Heroism (90 mins), +2 morale (improved to +3 by Courageous weapon) to attack, saves, skills
- Inspire Courage from Tavyra, +2 competence to attack and damage (morale bonus to saves don't stack with Heroism)
- Blessing of Fervor (3/9 rds), +2 to attack, AC, Reflex

Spells cast: lvl1 0/7, lvl2 0/7, lvl3 1/7, lvl4 2/4

Athaleon
2017-04-17, 06:50 PM

"I need some healing too," Korbus said, switching back to Common, without taking his eyes off the prisoner. "Trial depends on how cooperative he is."

Gwynfrid
2017-04-17, 07:51 PM
Nodding, Dalmun moves over to others in need, reiterating his prayers to the Gods of War.

I'm going to keep some level 4 slots, in case of further trouble.

Please call for some of the following casting results as needed. Dalmun will use what's left, if any, for himself.
#1 Cure Serious Wounds [roll0]
#2 Cure Serious Wounds [roll1]
#3 Cure Serious Wounds [roll2]
#4 Cure Moderate Wounds [roll3]
#5 Cure Moderate Wounds [roll4]
#6 Cure Moderate Wounds [roll5]

DyerMaker
2017-04-20, 08:10 PM
Dalmun holds the guisarme high as Korbus speaks to and searches the drow. The drow remains silent. Reid takes a diplomatic approach after tying the drow and gets a reaction from the archer, albeit slightly defiant;I will not speak your common tongue. ... I have raided nothing and this was no ambush. ... You are on Drow land. Tavyra makes her feelings known as she helps Reid with some rope. Dalmun offers healing.

Drow Archer possessions: Masterwork Composite Longbow(+2) Str(14), Masterwork Longsword, Quiver w/ (12) +1 arrows, (4) acid arrows, (2) potions of CMW, (2) potions of lesser restoration, (2) vials of acid, (2) vials of drow poison. Masterwork Leather Armor (if you want to strip the drow).

The shed in the area has been used recently as a small dwelling for 3 to 4 drow. It's obvious by the types of blankets and foodstuff held within. On the back of the wooden door is another symbol of Lolth. Within the shed you find: (4) vials of acid, (6) vials of drow poison, 50ft of hemp rope, Masterwork Light Crossbow, fire bolts (5), acid bolts (5), drow poison bolts (2), potion of CMW, mithral shirt, masterwork buckler, masterwork hand crossbow with (10) +1 bolts, masterwork rapier.

Obvious trails lead further east. It is fully dark. If you do not have darkvision, you need a light source.
What's next for each of you?

raspberrybadger
2017-04-21, 04:44 AM

Foreluth tries applying all his learning to the problem of determining how that spellcaster got away. In the mean time, he's vulnerable, it's still night, and he's got an excuse for refreshing the necromancy upon himself. He casts False Life and immediately feels the power rushing through him again. Seeing the healing going on, he says Apologies for not felling the caster. She does seem to have gotten away - she is... quite resilient in the face of truly deadly magic, though if she did not teleport to some aid there is some chance she fell dying not long after she got away. But I am afraid we have to assume she survived though.

As it is, if possible I could use one or two healing spells myself.

False life for 9 hours, temp hp [roll0]

Athaleon
2017-04-21, 08:40 PM

"He knows Common, he just thinks he's too good for it," the Tiefling warned his companions, before switching back to Undercommon. "Snobby elf, what a ****in' shock. What do you call what just happened here, if it wasn't an ambush? And if the Drow haven't been raiding the nearby town, then who has?"

grifter730
2017-04-22, 02:36 AM

"So, he speaks common, but simply refuses to speak it out of pride? Did he mention anything else?" Reid asks Korbus. Inhaling a deep breath and letting it out slowly, Reid stands back up to huddle with his companions.

"Seems he won't be helpful. We've already ascertained that we can't travel any more in the dark, but sticking around here with a prisoner while a drow has already escaped and could come back with more wouldn't be prudent. What are your thoughts?"

raspberrybadger
2017-04-22, 05:49 AM

With immediate danger at hand, Foreluth casts Defending Bone and Mage Armor. He casts Message to set up a communication channel to his whole team so he can whisper to them and receive replies in turn without easily being overheard. He replies using the spell First, whatever we do we must assume that there are deadly threats out there - that spellcaster will no more have expended all her spells than I have. Second, we might well be able to handle travel in the dark but that may well mean doing without sleep. Third, we risk ambush in the dark whether we stay or pursue, but we are likely to be relatively safe if we fall back. Fourth, if we fall back we may be able to use daylight or scrying to get information we would miss if we pursued now.

Gwynfrid
2017-04-22, 09:51 AM
Dalmun replies over the Message channel. "You make sense, as usual, my friend. Let's stay here only as long as it takes to get some answers about this one, then backtrack to find a better place to spend the night."

Genth
2017-04-22, 06:17 PM

Tavyra gives a soft sound of relief when her wounds are healed, moving away from the drow and sinking down to sit on the ground cross-legged, staring back at the under-dweller with narrowed eyes.

"Only issue is if we go back to the town with a prisoner, just gives them more incentive to go for the town instead of us." she says, voice slightly dead. She looks back towards the shack. "We could either stay here, looks at least a little defensible, or go back to the lodge." she looks down, darkly for a moment, then pulls something out from her bag. "Just a reminder, before we let the Drow get too comfortable.." she holds up the child's shoe she retrieved from the lodge.

grifter730
2017-04-23, 08:22 PM

"All great points. Back to town it is then. Keep the prisoner in center, and keep an eye out for ambushes."

raspberrybadger
2017-04-24, 03:15 PM
Foreluth

Foreluth still has a cold intent to simply kill that caster when he next sees her, but he's feeling a lot calmer now that he's been healed of those acid burns and he's got some necromancy up again.

Seeing the group apparently agreeing to go back, he says "Going back we are most vulnerable from the rear. If we move quickly that will make it much harder for pursuers to move stealthily into close range, at least for those of us who can see in the dark."

After a quick check for any hairs or belongings of that spellcaster that might have fallen to the ground, he starts moving back to town, saying to Kuroz "Kuroz, follow at 40 foot distance."

Perception check for finding hairs or belongings, [roll0]

DyerMaker
2017-04-24, 04:38 PM
Korbus and Reid discuss the drow prisoner as Foreluth concentrates on traces of the drow caster; with no success, unfortunately for the tiefling wizard. Dalmun mentions backtracking. Tavyra holds up the child's shoe she retrieved from the lodge as a reminder of the drow raids. Foreluth tucks away some of the contents of the shed in his haversack. The group heads west toward the Cove.

After a few steps, Tavyra, Korbus, and Reid notice that the drow is standing beside the tree where he was tied but is unmoving. Someone will need to force him to travel. The drow spits to the ground in disgust.

The going is much slower at night. One must watch where to step and when to shift or move to avoid branches and low-slung briars. In this time many of you recall earlier adventures and treks through similar forests, but none with a prisoner in tow. The drow makes no attempt to be quiet or stealthy as he stumbles about, even crying out at times as if he were in some immeasurable pain. The hair on the back of Dalmun's neck bristles as a familiar stench floats like a light flagrance, teasing his nostrils to open wider. The half-orc gets another whiff. Troll. Nothing smells quite like a troll or a gang of trolls.

Gwynfrid
2017-04-24, 04:45 PM
Suddenly, Dalmun comes to a halt. "Stop. Trolls somewhere near." The words are whispered, over Foreluth's messaging magic. The half-orc's guisarme is ready as he looks all around.

grifter730
2017-04-24, 11:35 PM

"We'd do well to get off the path then. When the fighting comes, us frontliners should be able to handle the threat up front while the others stay in the back and keep our friend here company. If he tries to escape, perhaps an accidental spell or two might find its way to him." Reid claps the drow on the back and begins to double-check the knots as he moves towards a more covered area.

"Dalmun, what can you tell us about trolls beyond the common knowledge? Anything we need to be aware of? Wouldn't happen to be able to tell us how many there are, would you?" Reid turns to look at Dalmun, while simultaneously healing himself.

ACTIONS:
- Standard: Check knots of the prisoner.
- Move: Move off the road.
- Swift: Lay on Hands on self [roll0]

STATS:
- HP: 105/110
- AC: 18
- Fort: 12
- Ref: 8
- Will: 10

RECORDKEEPING:
- Lay on Hands: 5/9 left

raspberrybadger
2017-04-25, 05:26 AM

Foreluth does not know where the trolls are and has no wish to blunder into them. Wishing to expend as little magic as possible, he pulls out a licorice root and casts Haste on the group. Then he calls Kuroz to his side, saying "Kuroz, come close and guard me."

Haste duration 9 rounds.

Current buffs:
Haste
Mage Armor
Defending Bone
False Life

Genth
2017-04-25, 03:38 PM

Tavyra moves off the road with Reid, drawing her bow once again and holding it up, fingers just nestling in her quiver. She moves to stand about ten feet away from the prisoner, eyes switching back to him once every so often. She's placed herself close enough to watch, but ideally just out of his reach should he break his bonds and lunge.

Spells: 1st: 0/7, 2nd: 2/5, 3rd: 1/4

Gwynfrid
2017-04-25, 03:54 PM

"All I know is that a blade to the gut is a good way to deal with them," the half-orc grunts in response to Reid. "And they smell awful. Not enough that I could count them. That'd be a comforting thought, but no."

He focuses, muttering a short prayer. "Lords of Battle, grant me your strength."

Casting Divine Favor on self, 1 minute duration, +3 luck to attack and damage.

Don't ask Dalmun for any special knowledge stuff. He's not the bookish type. :smalltongue:

DyerMaker
2017-04-25, 11:18 PM
Kuroz moves closer to guard Foreluth as the wizard casts Haste on his companions. Dalmun prays, casting Divine Favor. Reid and Tavrya move just off the goat trail (there's no road). Korbus continues forward. With the snap of a twig, the earth falls beneath Reid and Korbus. Falling into this pit in the darkness signals a loud snarl from the south; (Roll Reflex to save damage [roll0]). The drow prisoner stops short of the pit, slipping to one knee. The trees and undergrowth from the south crash as the ground rumbles underneath the feet of an approaching troll gang.

Round 1. PC's vs. Trolls. (PC's have the Initiative)

Athaleon
2017-04-26, 02:47 AM

"Shut the **** up," he softly cursed out the Drow after the last time he cried out. "Doubt your friends are coming to save you, but you never know who else is out here—"

His muttering was cut off as he fell into the pit, and he landed with another muffled curse. The instant the shock wore off, his sword was in hand. "Can you fly outta here?" Korbus asked Reid in a hoarse whisper.

If possible, Korbus would have used his Flight Hex to cast Feather Fall on himself before he hit the ground. Though he might not have had time since he rolled awfully on Reflex.

Korbus will cast Fly on Reid if he cannot fly. Otherwise he will use his Flight hex to cast Fly on himself.

Updated Spells Prepared:

Assuming he had time the night before, Korbus would prepare the Mount spell again via Knowledge Pool and scribe it into his spellbook.

Spells Prepared:

Level 0:

Level 1:
Mount, Intensified Shocking Grasp x2, Rime Frostbite x2, Vanish, Secluded Grimoire (used to send his spellbook away)

Level 2:

Level 3:

grifter730
2017-04-26, 04:40 AM

His mind was swirling with dark thoughts when he heard the snap of a twig. Then the ground seemed to swallow him whole as he plunged down and landed with a loud crash and a louder scream of pain and anger.

Korbus was beside him, a fellow passenger on the downward passage. "Can you fly outta here?" The tiefling asked him.

"I cannot," Reid replied, head craning upwards at the gaping hole. "Could use one of those spells right about now. Need a heal?"

His heals do 7d6, so probably best to use it for about ~25+ dmg. Lemme know if you need one though.

Gwynfrid
2017-04-26, 10:16 AM

"Did I suggest to stop?" The half-orc sighs, looks all around, failing to see any trolls. He reaches into a pocket, grabs a fistful of some gray powder, and throws it straight into his own face.

"O LORDS OF THE BATTLEGROUND! LET YOUR SERVANT REACH TO THE SIZE OF THE ENEMY!" He continues to pray, hoping the enemy's approach will let him finish.

No move. 1-round long casting, Enlarge Person on self. If required, Concentration [roll0]

Dyer, I work under the assumption that you roll any Perception for us as needed. So if you don't signal that Dalmun sees anything, I take it he sees nothing. Right? (Also, of course, his field of vision is only up to 60ft).

Stats below include the effects of Haste, Divine Favor and Enlarge Person.

HP 77 / 77 Speed 60 ft Init 2
AC 18 (incl +1 Haste -2 due to Enlarge) Fort 6 Ref 7 (+1 Haste -1 Enlarged Dex) Will 8
CMB +18 (incl +1 size +1 Enlarged Str +3 Divine Favor +1 Haste) BAB 6
Heirloom courageous guisarme +2 +19/+19/+14 (2d4+15, 19-20/x3) Reach 20 - incl +3 Divine Favor +1 Haste to attack and +3 Divine Favor +1 Enlarged Str to damage.
Guisarme w/Power Attack +16/+16/+11 (2d4+24, 19-20/x3)
Trip w/guisarme +28/+28/+23 (incl +1 size +1 Enlarged Str +3 Divine Favor +1 Haste)
Masterwork cestus +17/+12 (1d4+10, 19-20/x2)
Str 22 (7) (incl +1 Enlarge) Dex 12 (1) (incl -2 Enlarge) Con 12 (1) Wis 10 (0) Int 8 (-1) Cha 16 (3)

raspberrybadger
2017-04-27, 03:44 AM
Foreluth (/www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1122921)

Foreluth considers using his displacement spell, but even considering using it fills him with a wordless sneer. These are not sophisticated opponents. Trickery and perhaps a fear spell to follow it up should be sufficient. Presumably trolls respect strength and little else. He moves to position himself for a possible fear spell and casts a Silent Image of an Stone Golem walking out from behind a tree. Silent, without smell, and a credible threat even to something stupid like a troll.

I too am assuming that we cannot see the trolls.

Foreluth moves to Y14 and casts silent image, Stone Golem at AA-AB 10-11, area of spell (and thus area it can walk in) Y-AD 5-13.

I suppose Kuroz moves to V-W 15-16

Athaleon
2017-04-28, 04:23 AM
Korbus (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1114535) waved off the offer of healing. He wasn't in that bad of shape yet.

DyerMaker
2017-04-28, 08:54 PM
Korbus and Reid fly safely out of the pit as the trolls come into view. They lumber out of the trees with broad, thick shoulders and two solid, tree-trunk-like arms stretching down to almost drag on the ground. Their faces are long and angular, with a solid, pointy chin and a crooked, hawkish nose, and their hair looks more like a mat of forest weeds and rests tangled and greasy on its heavy brow. There is an air of unsettled violence about it—its hands end in razor-sharp claws and its body seems taut and agile despite its size. One of these trolls, the one to the east, is not like the others. This beast transforms mid-stride to a huge hulking monster whose roar pressures your ear drums to their threshold, nearly bursting. It rages with a thirst for flesh and bone. It's tusks extend upward and thick, ram-like horns push through its skull, flanking its angular face. Trees are pushed aside in its wake like tillers of wheat beneath the farmers sickle.

Round 2. What do you do?

Genth
2017-04-28, 10:14 PM

The half elf smirks as she sees the trolls emerge, fingers swiftly finding her arrows as she bursts into song once more:

Al'toral, kor naral elor,
t'oral, ca lerii opeth,"

before plucking out an arrow and, taking careful aim, shoots directly for the closest troll to her.

Ranged attack on T1 - [roll0]
Damage (assuming Manyshot does not work on an attack action attack) [roll1]
If troll is evil-aligned, add 2d6 from Holy [roll2]

Tavyra
AC 22 (+1 from Haste)
HP - 69/69
Move Action - Start Bardic Performance (Inspire Courage)
Standard Action - Ranged attack on T1
Bardic Performance Rounds 21/25
Effects - Haste (+1 AC, +1 Attacks), Inspire Courage (+2 Attack/Damage)

Athaleon
2017-04-29, 02:15 AM

This day, the tiefling shook his head in frustration as he cast another spell, and several illusory duplicates appeared in the area around him. Hopefully this time he wouldn't take as much punishment as he had in the last fight.

Swift Action: Arcane Pool, adding +2 Keen
Move Action: Gain altitude, ascending 20 feet straight up
Standard Action: Cast Mirror Image for [roll0] images

raspberrybadger
2017-04-29, 01:55 PM

Foreluth sees the troll transform and regrets not taking this fight seriously enough to use his more thoroughly protective magic. Still, the way this day is going he may well need all of his magic. Having already used his illusion magic, he'd like to not waste it, so he continues maintaining the stone golem, causing it to level its weapon at the nearest troll.

He also calls to Kuroz, saying "Advance around the tree and prison the largest one."

Kuroz moves to Q-R 13-14 and tosses a bone prison at the huge troll.

Attack vs touch AC [roll0]
Prison is escapable by dealing 15 damage to it vs AC 21 and DR 5/adamantine and bludgeoning or by winning a grapple vs CMB 28.
I'm guessing this guy has no problem with that, but who knows,
the golem could get lucky.

grifter730
2017-04-30, 03:23 AM

This day was never going to end, and that sat just fine with Reid. He was seething with barely controlled rage inside, and was just waiting for any excuse to unleash his wrath.

Taking a brief moment to take in his surroundings as he flew upwards, he could clearly see where the biggest threat was, but the east was too far from him, with too many obstacles. And leaving this side open would cause just as much problems. With a silent word, his sword began to glow, and Reid called out to the troll ahead with a mocking epithet.

ACTIONS:
- Move: Fly up.
- Standard: Divine Bond to put Holy on his sword.
- Swift: Smite Evil on T-3 troll.

STATS:
- HP: 105/110
- AC: 19
- Ref: 9

EFFECTS:

RECORDKEEPING:
- Smite Evil: 1/3 left.

Gwynfrid
2017-04-30, 07:38 AM

As he finishes his prayer to his gods, the half-orc's shape becomes grotesquely distorted for a second: First, his legs grow to double their length, then his ears, his head, and finally the rest of his body follows suit and he stands as tall as any but the most monstrous troll. "Ah, you did me one better," he mutters in the general direction of the gigantic, raging beast. "We'll see how much good that does you!"

As starts moving, he calls out once more: "THESE ENEMIES DESERVE THE HONOR OF OUR HARDEST BLOWS, DON'T YOU THINK, O GODS?" The power of Tavyra's song swells in his chest, and his booming voice resonates among the trees. He calmly walks to the forefront, his guisarme now enormous, glowing at the ready, challenging any troll to come near him.

Enlarge is now in effect.
Standard action, cast Blessings for Fervor on everybody except Reid, who's too far out, I think (allies need to be within 30' of each other for this spell)
Move to X10-Y11.

(Recipients of the spell can choose each round between these benefits:
- Increase its speed by 30 feet. Does not stack with Haste.
- Stand up as a swift action without provoking an attack of opportunity.
- Make one extra attack as part of a full attack action, using its highest base attack bonus. Does not stack with Haste.
- Gain a +2 bonus on attack rolls and a +2 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves.
- Cast a single spell of 2nd level or lower as if it were an enlarged, extended, silent, or still spell.)

Attacks of Opportunity on any troll moving within 15ft of him (up to 2 attacks with Combat Reflexes and Dex down to 12)

AoO #1, trip attack [roll0]
AoO #2, trip attack [roll1]

Stats below include the effects of Haste, Divine Favor, Enlarge Person, Inspire Courage (increased to +3 with Courageous weapon) and Blessings of Fervor (choosing +2 to attacks, Refl, AC).

AC 20 (incl +1 Haste -2 due to Enlarge +2 BoF) Fort +6 Ref +9 (+1 Haste -1 Enlarged Dex +2 BoF) Will +8
CMB +23 (incl +1 size +1 Enlarged Str +3 Divine Favor +1 Haste +2 BoF +3 Inspire Courage) BAB 6
Heirloom courageous guisarme +2 +24/+24/+19 (2d4+17, 19-20/x3) Reach 20 - incl +3 Divine Favor +1 Haste +2 BoF +3 Inspire Courage to attack and +3 Divine Favor +1 Enlarged Str +2 BoF to damage.
Guisarme w/Power Attack +21/+21/+16 (2d4+27, 19-20/x3)
Trip w/guisarme +33/+33/+28 (incl +1 size +1 Enlarged Str +3 Divine Favor +1 Haste +2 BoF +3 Inspire Courage)
Masterwork cestus +22/+17 (1d4+13, 19-20/x2)
Str 22 (7) (incl +2 Enlarge) Dex 12 (1) (incl -2 Enlarge) Con 12 (1) Wis 10 (0) Int 8 (-1) Cha 16 (3)

DyerMaker
2017-05-02, 09:21 PM
Tavyra takes careful aim. She strikes true with an arrow that sticks into the shoulder of the troll (T1). Korbus gains altitude and casts Mirror Image. Kuroz moves up throwing loose bones and the hulking troll that form a prison around it. Reid prepares to Smite. Dalmun grows in size and moves up.

The bloodthirsty, horned troll breaks through Kuroz's bone prison as if it were tender twigs. The beast attacks Kuroz with ferocity, swinging its massive arms wildly; Claw1 [roll0] possible damage [roll1],
Claw2 [roll2] possible damage [roll3].

The arrow-struck troll moves forward to attack the Stone Golem, W Save [roll4], but is quite confused by his foe. Another troll, covered in animal hides, rushes forward to attack Reid with razor sharp claws; Claw1 [roll5] possible damage [roll6], Claw2 [roll7] possible damage [roll8].
Following his gang, a fourth troll, wearing an array of humanoid skulls, moves to flank with a spiked club.

Round 3...

raspberrybadger
2017-05-03, 01:21 AM

Foreluth has a moment of fear for his golem - anything that can snap a golem hard prison without even trying might well be the end of his golem. Its second attack misses though, giving him time to at least try to fight back. He cries out Kuroz, get out and keep that drow from escaping. Then he trusts his allies to know what he is about to do next - the same thing he's done pretty much every time it's been applicable since he's learned the spell. He advances, lets go of his illusion magic, takes out a feather, and casts Fear at the largest troll and the one nearest it.

Withdraw action for Kuroz to UV1617. That should give him an attack of opportunity if the Drow tries to run for it.

Foreluth move action to V12 and then fear in a south facing cone that hits T1 and T2.

DC 23 Wil save vs 9 rounds of panic, 1 round of shaken if they save

Area of effect:

U-V 11
T-W 10
S-X 9
R-Y 8
S-X 7
U-V 6

grifter730
2017-05-03, 05:34 AM

Battle-screams and magical effects buzzed through the air, But Reid had to keep his eyes focused on the troll in front of him. Two claws slashed its way past his parries. He nearly dodged the first, but his balance hadn't fully recovered from the tumble down the hole.

The opening attack has to be fast and brutal, Reid reminds himself. Take their numbers down to even put the odds in our favor. With that thought in mind, he grits his teeth and mutters a swift epithet, closing the gap between him and the troll, and unleashes a barrage of steel.

ACTIONS:
- Free: 5 ft. Step to AB-11 to attack T3
- Swift: Litany of Righteousness
- Attack 1:
- Damage 1: [roll]2d10+2d6+56
- Attack 2:
- Damage 2: [roll]2d10+2d6+56
- Attack 3:
- Damage 3: [roll]2d10+2d6+56

STATS:
- HP: 83/110
- AC: 19
- Ref: 9

EFFECTS:

RECORDKEEPING:
- Smite Evil: 1/3 left

EDIT: Gah gonna roll dmg in OOC thread. Third attack should've been +15 instead of 20, but it missed on a natural 1 anyway.

Gwynfrid
2017-05-03, 07:38 AM

"Kobold piss!" Somewhat disoriented with his unusual size, Dalmun moves forward, only to bump into a tree, losing precious seconds. Cursing, he shifts to the side, facing two trolls to the left and right. The giant guisarme strikes in a wide sweep aimed at the monsters' thick legs.

5-ft step to V11-W12 (Dyer - you didn't mention the presence of any difficult terrain, so I assume there's none).

#1 Trip attack on T2 [roll0]
#2 Trip attack on T1 [roll1]
#3 Regular attack on T2 [roll2] damage [roll3] critical confirm (on 38+) extra damage [roll4]

Assuming the trolls are prone: Attacks of Opportunity when they try to stand up.
AoO #1 [roll5] damage [roll6] critical confirm (on 38+) extra damage [roll7]
AoO #2 [roll8] damage [roll9] critical confirm (on 38+) extra damage [roll10]

Stats below include the effects of Haste, Divine Favor, Enlarge Person, Inspire Courage (increased to +3 with Courageous weapon) and Blessings of Fervor (choosing +2 to attacks, Refl, AC).

AC 20 (incl +1 Haste -2 due to Enlarge +2 BoF) Fort +6 Ref +9 (+1 Haste -1 Enlarged Dex +2 BoF) Will +8
CMB +23 (incl +1 size +1 Enlarged Str +3 Divine Favor +1 Haste +2 BoF +3 Inspire Courage) BAB 6
Heirloom courageous guisarme +2 +24/+24/+19 (2d4+17, 19-20/x3) Reach 20 - incl +3 Divine Favor +1 Haste +2 BoF +3 Inspire Courage to attack and +3 Divine Favor +1 Enlarged Str +2 BoF to damage.
Guisarme w/Power Attack +21/+21/+16 (2d4+27, 19-20/x3)
Trip w/guisarme +33/+33/+28 (incl +1 size +1 Enlarged Str +3 Divine Favor +1 Haste +2 BoF +3 Inspire Courage)
Masterwork cestus +22/+17 (1d4+13, 19-20/x2)
Str 22 (7) (incl +2 Enlarge) Dex 12 (1) (incl -2 Enlarge) Con 12 (1) Wis 10 (0) Int 8 (-1) Cha 16 (3)

Spells cast: lvl1 2/7, lvl2 3/7, lvl3 4/7, lvl4 3/4

Genth
2017-05-03, 05:26 PM

The half-elf continues her song, lilting voice echoing across the forest landscape as she pulls arrows from her quiver and sends them speeding off, in rapid succession.

Activating Arcane Strike as a Swift Action - +2 Damage
Full Rapid Shot attack - will pour arrows into T1 until it falls, then to T4, if it falls then to T2. Unless I'm mistaken, all enemies mentioned save for T2 are within 30 feet. If she ends up targetting T2,
-1 from her attack roll. Forgot to factor in blessing of Fervor - she's choosing the AC/Attack option, so please add +2 to all her attacks
Attack 1 - [roll0]
Damage 1 (Manyshot) - [roll1] Plus Holy [roll2]
-[roll3] Plus Holy [roll4]
Attack 2 (Rapid Shot) - [roll5]
Damage 2- [roll6] Plus Holy [roll7]
Attack 3 (Haste) - [roll8]
Damage 3- [roll9] Plus Holy [roll10]
Attack 4 (Iterative) - [roll11]
Damage 4- [roll12] Plus Holy [roll13]

Tavyra
AC 24 (+1 from Haste, +2 from Blessing of Fervor)
HP - 69/69
Swift Action - Arcane Strike (+2 Damage)
Standard Action - Full Attack (See above)
Bardic Performance Rounds 20/25
Effects - Haste (+1 AC, +1 Attacks), Inspire Courage (+2 Attack/Damage), Arcane Strike (+2 Damage), Blessing of Fervor - +2 AC, +2 Attacks

Athaleon
2017-05-03, 11:38 PM
Korbus (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1114535) flew closer to the nearest troll and savagely hacked at it with a sword that fairly screeched from the deadly enhancements laid on it.

5' step to AA16

Swift Action: Using Arcane Accuracy (+5 to hit for 1 round)

Full Round Action: Spell Combat, casting Rime Frostbite defensively, taking a -1 penalty on attack rolls to auto-succeed the Concentration check with Improved Spell Combat.

Haste Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] Slashing, Adamantine + [roll2] Cold, Nonlethal

Spellstrike Attack: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4] + [roll5]

First Iterative: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7] + [roll8]

Second Iterative: [roll9]
Damage: [roll10] + [roll11]

Enemies that take Cold damage from Frostbite are Fatigued (Frostbite spell), Entangled (Rime Spell feat), and Shaken (Enforcer feat). Shaken enemies that get hit again are Sickened (Cruel weapon).

DyerMaker
2017-05-05, 09:58 PM
Foreluth uses Fear to send the raging troll back to its lair. Reid unleashes a barrage of attacks that fell the troll. Dalumn trips the troll (T1) causing it to fall prone. Tavrya fires arrows into the troll, the third arrow striking it through the skull, killing it. Korbus easily dispatches his foe as well.

End of rounds.

Take 800 gp value EACH, in gems.

DyerMaker
2017-05-08, 12:05 AM
Does the group continue on toward the Cove?

raspberrybadger
2017-05-08, 01:51 AM

In a moment Foreluth goes from the tension of battle to the usual business of being an adventurer. He takes the time to loot the gems, and then says "The same logic as before still holds, only more strongly. We should go back now." Then he calls Kuroz to follow as before with the same command, "Kuroz, follow, 40 foot distance", and continues on the way back to the Cove.

grifter730
2017-05-08, 04:36 AM

Shocked at how quickly the tide of battle changed, Reid took a moment to catch his breath and survey his surroundings. The drow was still with them, so that's one business he didn't have to worry about. The mixed variety of the trolls they just cut down tugged at his mind though. "Outside of adventurers, seems to me that any racial pack appearing with such a mixed variety in a party would be some sort of scouting group that's part of a much larger contingent. We've already been through two skirmishes today, so an encounter against a more capable group that may potentially outnumber us by a greater margin would be our end. A few moments due diligence checking their tracks may save our lives if we find out they're blocking one path or another. If it's all clear, then the few moments won't have mattered much."

Athaleon
2017-05-08, 11:25 AM

"I guess we can see where their tracks lead, but we otherwise ought to make for the town ASAP. Anyone heard of Trolls forming war parties before?"

Genth
2017-05-08, 06:31 PM

"Not me.." Tavyra replies to Korbus, stowing her bow away and walking back over to the Drow. "Get up." she spits towards him, and gestures towards Reid. "Don't know war like you, Reid, but do scouting parties often lay traps like this?" she asks, jabbing a thumb towards the pit.

grifter730
2017-05-08, 07:41 PM

"I assumed that was a spell, not a physical trap, but I'm not the expert on that. I simply find it odd that they'd form such a diverse group and work together." Reid replied to Tavyra as he walks over to see if he could follow the tracks of the trolls quickly.

Gonna roll an untrained Survival check to see where the trolls came from (I assume such big creatures made plenty of tracks that we'd be able to discern easily enough, or I hope so anyway): [roll0]

raspberrybadger
2017-05-14, 09:04 PM

Foreluth nods at Tavyra, acknowledging her point. Still, Reid has a point as well, and he halts for a minute to allow Reid the time he needs to do what due diligence he feels necessary.

Gwynfrid
2017-05-14, 09:50 PM
Dalmun Karg (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1119774)

"That wasn't so hard... In fact, was easier than I thought it would be." The half-orc, still gigantic, inspects the bodies, to make sure there is no trickery at hand.

He listens carefully to Reid, nodding. "There's a way to make sure about that." He gets back near the pit, uttering a new prayer. "O Lords, may you be praised for bringing us victory this day. The enemy has tricks, grants me the wisdom to pierce through them." He looks into the pit, making sure he doesn't fall in.

Casting Detect Magic, checking the pit.

Athaleon
2017-05-14, 11:28 PM
Korbus (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1114535) turned his attention back towards the prisoner, looming over the captive drow with his blade still bared from the fight, and still stained with the ichor of the troll he had fairly massacred. "You've been awfully quiet all of a sudden. What do you know about this? Were they in league with your kind?" he growled with his lopsided fangs bared.

Intimidate: [roll0]

DyerMaker
2017-05-16, 07:29 PM
Reid is able to follow the obvious tracks. They lead to a rugged cave with a large entrance. The mouth of the cave littered with bones and raw hides and skins of various species. The smell is extreme and horrid. Dalmun discovers that the pit was naturally made and not magical. Korbus further interrogates the drow who responds in undercommon with a condescending tone; Trolls are our enemies as well. Savage beasts with no brains.

Does the group investigate the cave or move toward the Cove?

Athaleon
2017-05-18, 01:22 AM
Korbus (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1114535) grimaced at the stench, and reacted with sarcasm when he saw some of his companions eyeing it like they wanted to go in. "Must be the trolls' home. You expect to find an ancient magical blade at the bottom of a pile of troll ****, or something?"

Korbus wants to get the prisoner back to town for a proper questioning. I'm up for whatever the party feels like.

Gwynfrid
2017-05-18, 09:35 AM
"Maybe not. But we might find a clue as to why there are trolls here, that don't seem to be allied with the drow, yet had a trap ready for us." After a short prayer to his deities, Dalmun moves into the cave, trying to not let the smell overwhelm his senses. He looks around, for magic auras as much as anything else of interest.

Cast Detect Magic if the earlier one had expired.
Cast Guidance for +1 on skill check.
Perception [roll0]

grifter730
2017-05-18, 05:18 PM

"Is it possible the trap may have been set for the drow? Or perhaps just a trap for travelers in general?" Reid asks Dalmun.

Reid's mind was in a whirlwind. The pain and adrenaline of battle has dissipated, its hole vacated once more with his burning need to see his children back in the safe enfold of his arms. Yet a drow prisoner was simply too much of a burden to be taken along. "Give me two hundred heartbeats to inspect this place in haste. If nothing turns up, we'll run along home." With that, he lights a torch and takes off inside the cave to explore it.

Man, I sure hope someone has a torch. If not, we'll just head on back to the cove I guess. Reid will constantly use his Detect Evil as he moves in,
to make sure nothing catches him by surprise.

Genth
2017-05-18, 06:38 PM
Tavyra

The half-elf moves to Reid's side and nods, passing him a torch from her pack, and looking back towards their prisoner. "Be careful, Reid. This is important.." she says, quietly, to him alone.

DyerMaker
2017-05-19, 05:22 PM
Bones crunch and snap under Dalmun's boots as he steps forward into the cave. Tavrya hands Reid a torch which the Paladin lights as he too moves into the cave. Reid doesn't make it far before noticing two sleeping trolls propped against the wall of the cave as it narrows from a 45-ft opening to a 15-ft entrance; still quite tall. The sleeping trolls drool and snarl, their weapons within reach. A stealthy tactician could possibly bypass them without disturbing their rest. The smell does not diminish.

Athaleon
2017-05-19, 06:18 PM
Korbus (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1114535) was keeping watch at the entrance of the cave, backed a short distance into the entrance for cover. When he heard growling behind him he turned around, but did not otherwise move, and he didn't dare to say a word. He looked down at the prisoner and held his finger in front of his lips, hoping the drow understood the signal.

grifter730
2017-05-21, 08:33 PM

Reid crinkles his nose, disgusted at the foul evil presence he felt magically. The trolls looked fast asleep, best take care of them as swiftly as possible. He looks backwards to see if he could spot Korbus and nod for him to come over. Anyone else would do too, really, they just needed to take care of the creatures simultaneously. Reid slowly puts his torch down, and grips his sword in both hands, letting the party know his intention.

Reid will wait until someone else joins him in front of the other troll, so that they can coup de grace both trolls at the same time. Once someone else is there, he'll commit the coup de grace.

Coup de Grace: [roll0]

Genth
2017-05-21, 08:40 PM

Alongside Korbus, Tavyra waits at the entrance to the cave, bow pulled out and a pair of arrows knocked, eyes darting to and from the prisoner, her lips pressed tightly together. When the troll's snoring reaches her, she looks back, nodding at Reid, but doesn't move, leaving it to one of the more.. physical members of the party to assist.

Gwynfrid
2017-05-21, 09:32 PM
Dalmun nods to Reid, signalling agreement. He moves to the opposite side, raises his guisarme high in the air, and brings it down in a shattering blow to the troll's thick skull.

Coup de grace [roll0]

(I noticed I had gotten the effect of Power Attack wrong, overstating the bonus damage by 3. I fixed it on my sheet).

raspberrybadger
2017-05-24, 06:04 AM

Foreluth would rather be back on his way to town, but he's not willing to stop anything that even sort of resembles proper caution. He's cautiously optimistic that nothing will go wrong this time.

DyerMaker
2017-05-24, 03:02 PM
Korbus and Tavrya keep watch of the entrance and the drow. Reid draws his sword and brings it down upon the head of a sleeping troll guard. It's neck cuts clean with a forceful spray of blood that soaks Reid's left knee. Dalmun follows Reid in killing the second sleeping troll. It's skull shatters as bits of blood and bone fly into Dalmun's forearms and chest. Foreluth stays close with caution.

Moving deeper into the cave, Reid notices that the floor is covered in crushed bone. It must have taken some time to accumulate in such quantity. He now reaches a cross section of three corridors. Reid can continue forward, down what appears to be a main corridor or can venture right or left. What do you do?

grifter730
2017-05-24, 11:26 PM

Reid lets out a sigh, knowing that this was taking far too long already. It's possible that the trolls' lair may lead further down to the underdark, but he couldn't risk valuable time at this point. Walking back, he nods at the group. "The cave goes deeper, the floor littered with crushed bone that would've taken a significant amount of time to accumulate. Eventually it hits a fork with a path to continue forward, and paths to the left and right. Seems to me that we have two options at this point. We can go back to the Cove to drop off our wayward drow, after which I'm not sure what we're left with as far as following their tracks are concerned. Second option is to explore this cave. It may lead to the underdark. I suppose there's always the third option where we simply rest here in the cave, keeping watch, and see what tomorrow brings. What are everyone's thoughts?"

Athaleon
2017-05-25, 12:05 AM
Korbus (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1114535) gestured at the prisoner with his sword. "I don't want to cart him around any longer than we have to, especially if you think this cave might lead to the Underdark. Honestly don't know which is more dangerous, out there with Drow patrols, or in here with whatever the **** else might be," he shrugged.

raspberrybadger
2017-05-26, 05:49 AM
Foreluth tonelessly replies "The first option."

Gwynfrid
2017-05-26, 06:04 AM
"I don't see how this cave would somehow be linked to the drow attacks. So, I'd say, back to the Cove", Dalmun reflects, as he wipes the blood and troll brain tissue off his blade.

DyerMaker
2017-05-27, 03:12 PM
The company of heroes return to the Cove in the twilight hours of the morning. Tanlaith, of the Watch, waits on the edge of the town with another member of the Watch on horse. Tanlaith recognizes you; You're back. All is well?

Genth
2017-05-27, 07:24 PM
Tavyra

"No, Tanalith. All is not well." Tavyra replies, gesturing towards their prisoner with a scowl on their face. "We fought the Drow. Their leader got away. And they've taken children with them. I knew that they had, but..."

grifter730
2017-05-28, 08:47 PM

Reid merely nods at Tanlaith as the man greets them. Grabbing the drow by his sleeves, he shoves the dark elf towards the Watchmen. "Seek justice, not vengeance," he cautions the men, meeting their gazes. "And then kill him and have it done with."

Continuing without sleep wouldn't do any of them any good at this point, but resting even for a while will only cool the trail and let the sun travel faster to its setting point. "Anyone need rest?"

Athaleon
2017-05-29, 01:33 AM
Korbus (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1114535) added, "try to get some answers out of him first, if you got anyone good at that sorta thing. I reckon if I tried it, things'd get ugly and he'd be in no shape to answer any questions anyways. He does know Common, by the way."

Gwynfrid
2017-05-29, 07:19 AM
"I have used more than half of the power the gods granted me today", Dalmun responds. "But I can carry on. The urgency is great."

There's a bit of a risk if we get into a protracted fight or a place where we can't rest: We might run out of healing capability. Resting now would be the cautious approach. But, given the circumstances, I think we should err on the side of manageable risk. For example, in case there's another fight, I'll likely restrict myself to one buff spell.

raspberrybadger
2017-05-29, 09:04 AM

Foreluth says "I retain sufficient power for a fight - but we will simply be forced to rest eventually. We will not accomplish our goal before sleeping. Therefore we are best off sleeping while it is relatively safe. Moreover, the urgency may be even greater at a later date, once we are in close pursuit."

DyerMaker
2017-05-31, 12:47 PM
Tanlaith and his fellow Watchman eye the drow with both suspicion and anger. Tanlaith respects the group and makes no move toward the drow, though you can tell that he'd like to. Instead, he offers you shelter and food in the barracks of The Watch; a modest provisional building which includes several bunks, kitchen, weapon smith, stable, storehouse, and four reinforced cells for prisoners.

The barracks are available to the group or you may chose some other option.

Athaleon
2017-06-01, 12:21 AM

"I could keep going but the barracks is sounding better every minute, if it means a hot meal and a decent bed. And it'd mean we can set off with a full load of spells, too."

Genth
2017-06-01, 06:58 PM
Tavyra

"Reid, I..." she looks down. "You decide. I want to hunt these people down and try and save those they've taken, and time is important.. but I don't know what gives us a better chance of saving them, going now and risking fatigue, or going after rest and risking losing them. "

grifter730
2017-06-05, 10:12 PM

Reid nods at Tavyra's comments, pausing for a moment as he gathers his thoughts. He sympathized with her and was frustrated at his own limitations. "If we were dealing with just a small band, I'd go out there and hunt them down alone, but with drows, we need every able body we can get. A cool head is much needed here, and I trust the judgment of those whose minds aren't as impaired as mine, having lost my kids to these drows, and at this very moment they may be..." getting tortured, Reid thought, shaking his head as if to ward it off. "Let's hit the barracks and get what rest we can, though I doubt sleep will come for me."

Really tough roleplaying this, as I feel that Reid would hunt the drow on his own if he had to, fatigue and all until he falls asleep because his body just gives out. The smart thing to do would be to rest and hunt refreshed, but when your kids have been kidnapped, no one would do the smart thing if all it asks is to go to sleep and rest.

Is there a way to roll whether we can even fall asleep or not? Maybe Reid can just head out ahead of the others if he can't fall asleep. He's not exactly going to be rational right now.

Gwynfrid
2017-06-06, 07:50 AM
Dalmun comes over to Reid, an unusually sympathetic look on his hardened, scarred warrior's face. "Old friend, I know how hard that decision is, how Bennet is more precious to you than anything." His gruff voice falters. "I don't know many men with the strength to remain level-headed, knowing that." He turns to the others, and finds the same resolve in their eyes. "Know that we're with you. As we've always been and always will."

DyerMaker
2017-06-14, 02:35 PM
Reid packs and saddles his horse before sunrise to pursue the drow once again. He is tense, anxious, yet with purpose. Korbus and Tavyra are awoken by this early racket while Foreluth and Dalmun slumber like babes.

Genth
2017-06-14, 05:47 PM
Tavyra

Tavyra rises, closing her eyes for a moment longer and relishing the sleep she got before getting up and readying herself, moving to help Reid with the more heavy objects.

Gwynfrid
2017-06-14, 06:01 PM
Dalmun snores, a loud, annoying noise that leaves his comrades unfazed, if only because they've become inured to it over their years of adventuring together.

Athaleon
2017-06-15, 02:42 AM
Korbus (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1114535) had never been a morning person, and would have liked nothing better than to sleep in. But with a little quiet grumbling, he took the opportunity to prepare a fresh slew of spells for the coming day.

If anyone is still not up and about when he's done with spell prep, he'll pound on the door and give them some harsh language to wake them up.

Level 0:

Level 1:

Level 2:

Level 3:

grifter730
2017-06-15, 08:57 PM

Reid settled down, but sleep was hard to come by. What sleep he got was fitful, and he woke up early hardly feeling rested, but ready to go nonetheless. "Anyone need anything before we go? Rations, water, climbing gear, anything of the like? If not, let's make haste."

DyerMaker
2017-06-16, 10:34 PM
The group has a few hours of preparation, more if needed before heading out.

Travel is smooth. The main trail takes you to the old hunting shed where the drow were encountered. The group notices that the troll pit has not been reset. The hunting shed looks the same as you left it the evening before. The sunlight is brighter, shining through the forest canopy. There is a slight breeze in the air. Oddly, you hear no birds singing or insects clicking or buzzing.

Do you take the drow prisoner with you or leave him in the brig at the Cove?

Athaleon
2017-06-17, 10:52 AM
Korbus (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1114535) had advocated to leave the Drow prisoner in the brig. "He wouldn't help us, I'm sure. Just slow us down, and give us away by wailing like he was last night. Plus I think they can't see very well in the daytime."

grifter730
2017-06-19, 05:35 PM

Reid was agitated throughout the entire journey back to where they were the previous night, and cursed himself when he saw that the troll pit trap hadn't been reset. Should've stayed the night at the cave, he thought. Of course, there was still the matter of a drow prisoner, but that could've been dealt with as well. No point second-guessing now.

The lack of natural noise disturbed him, and he stood still to discern whether there were evil presence around. A moment later he speaks to the group. "Let's see if we can follow the tracks better this time around," Reid says before checking for track marks to see if he could divine what directions the drow were coming from or headed towards.

Untrained Survival check: [roll0]

Genth
2017-06-20, 03:17 AM

Tavyra follows Reid, and frowns when she sees his frustration, hesitantly reaching out to touch his shoulder.

"I trust your decision, Reid. We'll find them." she says softly, before moving away to look around the area once more with the benefit of daylight

[roll0]

DyerMaker
2017-06-23, 05:06 PM
The tracks weave through the dense forest consuming nearly four hours of time. As the forest becomes less dense, a rock formation becomes visible in the distance. Once you draw closer, it appears to be a temple cut into the granite face of a small mountain. Guarding the entrance are two creatures of the same species. These man-sized, monstrous forms have bulky, lower bodies like a tarantula, with upper bodies of a thin, muscular drow bearing a hideous face more spider than drow, complete with fanged mandibles. Both creatures are armed with longbow and heavy mace.
What do you do?

http://i.imgur.com/SWv60J4.jpg

Gwynfrid
2017-06-24, 10:06 AM
"All right", Dalmun whispers. "You guys want to go sneaky, or... ?" The battle-hardened half-orc doesn't look like he thinks diplomacy is an option.

From the description, I'm assuming we haven't been seen yet.

On the way, he would have cast Magic Vestment on his armor for a +1 AC bonus.

Athaleon
2017-06-25, 02:11 AM

"I'll try a sleep hex on the one on the right, then on the left. Short range, and it's a coin toss' chance if it'll work, but worth a shot" Korbus whispered back.

The range on Slumber is only 30 feet so Korbus will wait until combat is joined before he tries it.

grifter730
2017-06-25, 07:42 PM

Reid found it strange that he felt elated at the sight of what looks to be some deformed drows. "I know not what those are, but they look drow enough to me." He looks over at Korbus as the man spoke, and nodded to him. "I'll hit the left one first then, and draw both their attentions to me if needed. Let's go!"

Without waiting another heartbeat, Reid charges the creature on the left.

ACTIONS:
Charge: [roll0] (includes +2 charge)
Damage: [roll1]

EDIT: FFS, APPARENTLY HE TRIPS ON A TWIG, GANGLY CLUMSY MOTHER@$%@#$%@ THAT HE IS

STATS:
AC: 16 (due to -2 from charge)
Fort: 12
Ref: 8
Will: 10

Genth
2017-06-25, 08:47 PM

"So much for 'sneaky', Dalmun" Tavyra replies, grinning as she pulls back her bow and, after concentrating for a moment lets loose an arrow, sparkling with energy, towards the rightward creature

Going to assume they're evil. Spending a swift action to activate Arcane Strike
Attack - [roll0] vs Flat-footed, if we get a surprise round?
Damage - [roll1]
Plus Holy Damage - [roll2]

Tavyra
AC - 21
HP - 69/69
Swift Action for Arcane Strike
Standard Action Attack the creature on the right

Gwynfrid
2017-06-25, 09:35 PM
"Indeed. Next time, maybe", the half-orc fires back at his friend, before he rushes forward in an effort to catch up and help his impulsive leader. Let's hope there are no traps on the way, he thinks to himself, running at top speed nonetheless.

Charge the opponent on the left. Hopefully, reach is enough that this can be done without interfering with Reid.
[roll0] (incl + 2 for charging) damage [roll1] cc(36+) [roll2] cd [roll3]

HP 77 / 77 Speed ft Init 2
AC 18, incl -2 for charging, +2 for Magic Vestment, not stacking with +1 breastplateFort 6 Ref 7 Will 8
CMB +12 BAB 6
Heirloom courageous guisarme +2 +15/+10 (2d4+11, 19-20/x3)
Guisarme w/Power Attack +12/+7 (2d4+20, 19-20/x3)
Trip w/guisarme +22/+17 (, )
Masterwork cestus +13/+8 (1d4+6, 19-20/x2)
Cold iron masterwork warhammer +13/+8 (1d8+9, 20/x3)

Spells in effect:
Magic Vestment (9 hours)