PDA

View Full Version : Speculation hiding scent with PWT...????

Otipoby
2017-02-10, 08:13 PM
Hello. I am currently running a Rouge/Warlock/Monk and have earned myself a pair of boots with an enchanment that negates Tremorsense. Which will come in handy when traveling the Underdark. I am on a personal side quest to obtain something to have enchanted with Mindblank. Don't need nosey people snooping in on my thoughts. The question I have is, is there any way to permanently mask my scent with PWT? I know that it reads that they cna not be tracked by footprints and such unless by magical means but it also states that they cannot be tracked by any other means as well. I assume this to mean scent is included.
Is there anything wlse that could possibly give the same effect that would not cost as much as having an item enchanted?

NecroDancer
2017-02-10, 10:10 PM
You could always cover yourself in spider guts and fungi juice to cover your sent

Drackolus
2017-02-10, 10:20 PM
Even better, you could control a massive army of the undead and leave no living beings alive to track you.

Pwt does seem to mask scent. It seems like it doesn't completely negate it around you, but you won't leave a scent trail. Thus, a "keen scent" monster would get advantage on their perception check to find you, but you'd still benefit from the +10 on the stealth, making success still unlikely.