PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Psionics More Powers Known

Diarmuid
2017-02-10, 08:53 PM
Are there any items that will add new powers known either unlimited use or even daily uses?

I'm thinking items like the Tome of Battle ones that grants maneuvers and stances. I seem to recall there being items that would grant Sorcerers new spells known, Dragon mag IIRC.

Help?

MesiDoomstalker
2017-02-10, 08:59 PM
Are there any items that will add new powers known either unlimited use or even daily uses?

I'm thinking items like the Tome of Battle ones that grants maneuvers and stances. I seem to recall there being items that would grant Sorcerers new spells known, Dragon mag IIRC.

Help?

You basically want Knowstones for Psionics? None exist to my knowledge but in theory Knowstones can be refluffed easily Knowcrystals.

Kelb_Panthera
2017-02-10, 10:01 PM
Depends on whether your DM accepts one of the nerfs in CPsi.

If not, you can borrow knowledge of a power from a power stone. It takes a full-round action to do, so it's not useful in combat, but you treat it as though you new it directly for one round after.

If the DM does take the nerf though, that flushes the stone.

Outside of that one trick though, I don't think there's anything.

ShurikVch
2017-02-11, 12:14 PM
Power Repository (Magic of Eberron): by 1 hour of meditation you may swap one of your known power to power which contained in the Repository; you may have amount of Repositories up to your ML, and permanently lose 1 hp per Repository; Repositories are unremovable; prices are - from 3000 gp for 1st-level power to 48000 gp for 4th-level (prices for higher-level powers weren't listed)

Kelb_Panthera
2017-02-11, 12:41 PM
Power Repository (Magic of Eberron): by 1 hour of meditation you may swap one of your known power to power which contained in the Repository; you may have amount of Repositories up to your ML, and permanently lose 1 hp per Repository; Repositories are unremovable; prices are - from 3000 gp for 1st-level power to 48000 gp for 4th-level (prices for higher-level powers weren't listed)

Small hiccup, those are embedded shard items. They're kalashtar or inspired only.

There's also power crystal warforged components in the same source if you're okay with racially restricted items.

ShurikVch
2017-02-11, 01:17 PM
Small hiccup, those are embedded shard items. They're kalashtar or inspired only.Also, Changeling with Racial Emulation

There's also power crystal warforged components in the same source if you're okay with racially restricted items.Aren't components UMD-able?

Kelb_Panthera
2017-02-11, 01:20 PM
Also, Changeling with Racial Emulation

Yeah but that goes for all the racial stuff. There's the question of whether they stay attached or functional if you change away from those forms though.

Aren't components UMD-able?

RAW or no, I wouldn't expect so. I think you can attach components if you have the appropriate warforged graft from faiths of eberron though.

Nifft
2017-02-11, 01:33 PM

a) Find another Psion whom you dislike.

b) Turn that other Psion into a small, inanimate object.

c) Convince your DM that being an inanimate object totally counts as "unconscious".

d) Carry that other Psion around and use the You Down With OPP (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicPowersOverview.htm#manifestAnUnknownPowerFr omAnothersPowersKnown) rules to manifest their powers.

e) Repeat until the DM throws books at you.

Kalaska'Agathas
2017-02-11, 02:12 PM
It's not an item, but Psychic Chirurgery (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/psychicChirurgery.htm) allows you to learn new powers, once you attain ninth level powers. Alternatively, you could find a high-level Telepath who knows both that and Metaconcert (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/metaconcert.htm), eight other manifesters who know powers which you don't but would like to (and are of sufficiently high level to manifest), and pay them to Metaconcert with you (and with you as the conductor). Then direct the Metaconcert Mental Entity to use Psychic Chirurgery to transfer the knowledge of the desired powers to you.

Inevitability
2017-02-11, 03:25 PM
An item of Persistent Mirror Move (Expanded Knowledge)? It requires ruling manifesting a psionic power is an 'obvious physical effect', but by RAW it'd work.