PDA

View Full Version : Time to shop. In need of items ideas for My low on funds Pc

Nosta
2017-02-10, 11:16 PM
This is for a ECL Battle sorcerer.

My spending Fund is almost drained: After buying a +1 Ghost touch Great sword (master work steel) and a chain shirt (No Magic Bonus)

I have 4800 left and can buy items From PHB1,PHB2 DMG1 DMG2 Libris mortits ghost walk, complete warrior and adventure

I Kinda want to buy a few healing potions but I am not sure if there is something better I can buy

I plan to mostly be in melee but I can do range do to my spells

A_S
2017-02-11, 12:08 AM
Potions of healing are very cost-inefficient. If you can pick up items from the Magic Item Compendium, buy a Healing Belt. If not, contribute a bit toward a party-shared Wand of Lesser Vigor Cure Light Wounds, to be used by somebody who has the spell on their list, or enough ranks in UMD. (*edit* forgot Lesser Vigor isn't core)
As I mentioned in your other thread, look into the items from the Indispensable Haversack (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?148101-3-x-Shax-s-Indispensible-Haversack-(Equipment-Handbook)). In your price range and with your source restrictions, I'd particularly recommend a couple of the Feather Tokens, a Tanglefoot Bag or two, and maybe a Dull Grey Ioun Stone for the more expensive items (along with obvious stuff like bedroll, trail rations, etc.).
Dust of Sneezing and Choking is pretty good, though expensive on your budget.
It's kind of weird that Ghostwalk is on your list, but if you're there anyway, you may as well pick up a Glove of the Master Strategist, the strictly-better-but-way-cheaper version of the Glove of Storing. It's 3600 GP, though, so maybe not in your starting gear.
Are you sure Ghost Touch is worth 6000 GP, nearly half of your entire WBL?

Deeds
2017-02-11, 01:56 AM
This is for a ECL Battle sorcerer.

My spending Fund is almost drained: After buying a +1 Ghost touch Great sword (master work steel) and a chain shirt (No Magic Bonus)

The greatsword seems too expensive for my tastes. Why not a spellstoring or undead bane greatsword? Even in an incorporeal heavy setting you have access to magic missile. Regardless, here's my top picks based on your parameters:

Masterwork Tools (PH1, pg 130:) for 50 gold you get a +2 circumstance bonus to one skill. Convince your DM on a "focus headband" for the Concentration skill
Cure Light Wounds Potion (DMG1, pg 230:) While I agree that Cure Light Wounds potions are very cost inefficient, buy a few anyway. If your DM is stuck on using only the books you've listed, then somebody has to save the guy with the Cure Light Wounds wand.
Heward's Handy Haversack (DMG1, pg 259:) The 2000 gp dimensional backpack weighs 5 pounds and has 3 carrying compartments. The 2 side pockets hold up to 2 cubic feet (size: a mini-fridge) or 20 pounds worth of stuff. The main backpack offers 8 cubic feet (size: a small outdoor shed) or 80 pounds of stuff. Despite all this, you can grab an item from the bag as a move action. Hey, maybe grab a CLW potion and run up to your buddy with the wand.
Extend Metamagic Rod (DMG1, pg 234:) The lesser version of the rod costs 3000 and allows you to double the duration of your level 3 and lower spells. Keep your hour long buff spells up to all day. Admittedly, you don't want to use the rod during combat.

Lormador
2017-02-11, 02:41 AM
Complete Adventurer, you say!

Alchemy to the rescue! [Horns, Fanfare, and Bubbling Potions]

Pay I proudly introduce the Triple Weapon Capsule Retainer and Ghostblight Weapon Capsule!

Buy a couple of these and save thousands on your weapon: thousands that can either buy a different enhancement or purchase the other products mentioned in this thread.