PDA

View Full Version : Least, lesser and greater abilities of legacy weapons

Uncle Pine
2017-02-11, 03:24 AM
I'm reading Weapons of Legacy for my first time and I'm having a hard time finding an official ruling of this: how do I decide which of a legacy weapons abilities are granted after completing a least, lesser or greater legacy ritual? I don't think I've seen it mentioned anywhere, only things like "upon completing the ritual, you can use the weapon's least abilities".
Is it correct to think that least abilities are all those granted up to 10th level, lesser ones those that go up to 16th and greater abilities those at 17th to 20th level? I base this hypothesis on the fact that some legacy weapons (those that lack either lesser and/or greater abilities) don't have a progression after 10th or 16th level, but again I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere.

OldTrees1
2017-02-11, 03:42 AM
You are correct.
Least Abilities use the 6 points granted by the 5th-10th level slots.
Lesser Abilities use the 5 points granted by the 11th-16th slots.
Greater Abilities use the 4 points granted by the 17th-20th slots.

Abilities cost 1(A,D,G),2(B,E,H),or 3(C,F,I) slots and are granted in the last slot they cost(obviously each level slot can only be used to pay for one ability:smallsmile:).

ayvango
2017-02-11, 07:04 PM
very good and complete compilation of all legacy options: http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=5907