PDA

View Full Version : Should I play Uncharted 1-3 before 4?

danzibr
2017-02-11, 09:15 AM
My wife and I are considering getting a PS4. There's a good deal on the Uncharted 4 bundle, but I've never played any of the Uncharted games. From what I've seen, I think I'd like them (The Last of Us - zombies?), but I don't have an abundance of time.

So whaddya think? Am I missing *too* much if I jump into 4?

Rodin
2017-02-11, 09:26 AM
My wife and I are considering getting a PS4. There's a good deal on the Uncharted 4 bundle, but I've never played any of the Uncharted games. From what I've seen, I think I'd like them (The Last of Us - zombies?), but I don't have an abundance of time.

Yes, definitely.

Uncharted 4 is basically a love letter to the rest of the series. The previous games are heavily referenced, the characters are from the earlier games...just everything.

Uncharted 1 and 2 are absolutely required, I'd say. 3 is less important (and in my opinion the weakest game in the franchise), but still gives a fair bit of relevant backstory for 4.

Also, just to be clear the games are not zombies. I can't really say more without spoiling plots, but 99% of the combat is against human opposition. The games are cover shooters, and excellent ones at that.

Dienekes
2017-02-11, 09:42 AM

You can play the game a get a good idea what's going on. You'll realize this girl is important because of this reason and that guy knows the hero from this event. It explains it all well. But half the Uncharted series' charm is the growing development of the characters and relationships. So playing the earlier games makes the experience much better. Also they're great games.

I'd say they're less like The Last of Us and more like Indiana Jones smashed onto a controller with a bit of free running thrown in.

danzibr
2017-02-11, 11:16 AM
Well, that answers that. Thanks!