PDA

View Full Version : Character based on moving enemies?

Clone
2017-02-11, 12:51 PM
Hey all, I've a question I don't know how to answer.

I was talking with a friend after a 7th level one-shot where I played a Battlemaster fighter and he played a Warlock. The source of our fun/ damage was using the environment and spells like Wall of Fire or Watery Sphere and knocking enemies into them or off walls etc. The monk sometimes participated too, but most of the time it was just the Warlock and myself having competitions to see who got the most outrageous effect (our DM was super enthusiastic when we did this so he got crazy descriptive).

So when we were talking, we wondered how one PC could forcibly move your enemies around the easiest in whatever way they needed while staying as a competitive fighter in a less-optimized game.

My main two ideas were
-Battlemaster 3/ Warlock 2 for maneuvers and repelling blast, using GFB and BB till level 7 or using a bow.
-Eldritch knight 7/ Monk 3 (Open Hand) using Lightning Lure to pull them in and Flurry of Blows them, pushing them away (I'm not sure if you could do this actually, but felt I may mention it)

What other ideas can we come up with? I barely mentioned spells too, so there must be lots of sources there!

JellyPooga
2017-02-11, 01:02 PM
Sorcerer 3/Warlock 2

Cantrips: Eldritch Blast, Lightning Lure
Invocations: Repelling Blast
Metamagic: Quicken
Feats: Crossbow Expert

Pull and Push in one turn.

jaappleton
2017-02-11, 01:17 PM
If you allow Unearthed Arcana, then an Archfey Warlock 2 / Sea Origin Sorcerer 3 gets it done.

Your Warlock invocations are Repelling Blast and Agonizing Blast.

Sea allows you to 'curse' a target, granting additional benefits to your cantrips. Nothing prevents it from being a Warlock cantrip.

Essentially, Edritch Blast now pushed 25ft instead of 10. And you have the Fey Presence ability from Archfey to induce Fear, causing enemies to run away. You're also doing good damage due to Hex + Eldritch Blast, and can even Quicken it. So now you're doing 2 EB rays at lv5, and can do another 2 as a bonus action with Quicken. You're pushing everyone and doing some good damage.