PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder What boon to pick?

the_archduke
2017-02-11, 02:22 PM
My GM is giving our whole party a boon because we have been playing together now for two years straight. In the next session, our characters will find either:

2 potions of our choice

or

One scroll of a spell up to seventh level (which we will be able to use without having to UMD or having it on our list)

I jokingly suggested a scroll of limited wish and got an answer suggesting that he would be happy to give me that, but I should expect a Monkey Paw (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monkey's_Paw) if I went that route.

I am having a hard time deciding what to get now. Our party is level 5. I am a half-orc Zealot.

Suggestions?

legomaster00156
2017-02-11, 02:25 PM
One scroll of Resurrection if a death-heavy campaign, or otherwise, maybe Greater Polymorph or Holy Word?

Crake
2017-02-11, 03:06 PM
Will the money-paw theme still occur if you use one of the safe uses of limited wish? Having it on hand as a very versatile "ohshi-" button can be very handy, from possibly solving any one random encounter, to duplicating revivify on someone who just died within the last round, or reincarnate/raise dead on someone who died recently. It can duplicate any sorcerer/wizard spell of 6th level or lower, and any other spell of 5th level or lower.

Jack_Simth
2017-02-11, 03:14 PM
My GM is giving our whole party a boon because we have been playing together now for two years straight. In the next session, our characters will find either:

2 potions of our choice

or

One scroll of a spell up to seventh level (which we will be able to use without having to UMD or having it on our list)

I jokingly suggested a scroll of limited wish and got an answer suggesting that he would be happy to give me that, but I should expect a Monkey Paw (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monkey's_Paw) if I went that route.

I am having a hard time deciding what to get now. Our party is level 5. I am a half-orc Zealot.

Suggestions?

The cheddar answer:
Simulacrum of a Solar.

legomaster00156
2017-02-11, 03:24 PM
The cheddar answer:
Simulacrum of a Solar.
Smells like a good old cheese fondue.

Jack_Simth
2017-02-11, 03:54 PM
Smells like a good old cheese fondue.

I did say Cheddar. But yes, 1/day wish until the DM kills it. Meanwhile, it can hang around invisibly, and fill in for the party healbot (it's expensive to repair when injured, so you don't want to use it in combat).