PDA

View Full Version : What is the most Hiliarous Build and concept for a pc or Npc you have seen in A game

Nosta
2017-02-11, 07:34 PM
For me it has to Be my Friends Drunken master who race is that of the monkey like race from stormrack
He's a drunken monkey monk and for added laughs he talks like a drunken king Louie from the jungle book

Jopustopin
2017-02-11, 09:53 PM
We were brainstorming for character concepts for the pathfinder Way of the Wicked campaign and someone actually wrote this gem down:

A warrior who calls himself "The Lord of Darkness." Fat, ugly, and stupid, this character was bit by a bat and thinks he is a vampire (also believes he is beautiful and irresistible to women). He also believes he can talk to and control rats, bats, and other vermin. He was dropped on his head by his drunken father as a young boy, which resulted in a misshapen head, general stupidity and insanity. In order to go out in the daytime, he wears a magical ring bought from an old gypsy woman ( he paid 100 gold pieces) to ward off the sun. The sun wont kill him (he is much too powerful for that) but it does cause him extreme pain if he doesn't have his ring. He also believes he was switched at birth with the crown prince (they were born on the same day), and wants to be restored to his "rightful place" as heir to the throne. He is actually a very good fighter - he was trained by his ex-soldier uncle, a former knight, in all manner of arms. He worked for a time as a mercenary - his fellow mercs put up with his nonsense because of his skill with a great sword and war hammer. But when he started filling wineskins with the blood of animals and fallen foes, and even drinking blood directly from enemies wounds, he was dismissed. He was later caught and imprisoned after slaying a "vampire hunter" who he believed was stalking him (it was actually just an armorer who was chasing him through the streets for stealing a helm - the Lord of Darkness thought he had charmed him and that the helm was given to him). He has plans to escape and murder the "pretender" who has stolen his royal place as heir. Normally, he would just turn into gas and slip through the cracks under the door, or fly up and escape through the window, but he believes that the cells have an anti-undead enchantment which limits his powers.

Telok
2017-02-11, 11:45 PM
For a one shot (longer would be too much) a drunken master grappler build that hit people with their own limbs. <insert "stop hitting yourself" joke here>

Deophaun
2017-02-12, 12:04 AM
Well, it never got into a game unfortunately, as the DM vanished, but I came up with this using the psychic armory archetype for DSP's soulblade. There's just one thing...

It was for a Ponyfinder game.

http://i.imgur.com/Ky4riLW.png

This was Fancy Flight. Her backstory (and entire character sheet) is sadly lost due to The Great Oops at Myth Weavers, but the important thing is that she fights by throwing imaginary ponies.

Inevitability
2017-02-12, 02:45 AM
I once played a Dark Awakened Skitterhaunt Hairy Spider warlock PC. Hide was somewhere in the 40s, Move Silently in the 30s, and he had supernatural HiPS. At ECL 10, I should note. All this before magical items, of course.

Basically, he would stealth around invisibly and inaudibly and summon swarms of bats and spiders to whittle down enemies' health.

I also created a LN jermlaine druid who saw himself as the epitome of chivalry once. He'd ride around on his dire rat companion, mostly buffing it while it attacked his enemies. From level 3 on, he'd be using Flame Blade to attack on his own. Sadly, the game never got off the ground.

His AC was also through the roof: +2 from size, +6 from dexterity, and +6 from wisdom (using the druid ACF that gives wisdom to AC). Al this at level 1, of course.

Epic Legand
2017-02-12, 06:10 PM
I once played "Angus McDonald" my Martial Artist Minotaur. He used attacks like " McFlurry of Blows" and "Snack Kick". Built from the 1/2 minotaur template with 2 levels each of Monk, Ranger, Fighter, Barbarian and some PC. Lots of fun, Though I also had an Arch Enemy, "The Colonial", I hated him and his flock of Ninja Chickens, they captured my girlfriend "Betty".

kardar233
2017-02-12, 06:45 PM
Never had the opportunity to play it, unfortunately, but most hilarious character concept I've ever see was Gazebo Jones (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=9823824).

EisenKreutzer
2017-02-12, 07:25 PM
I played a dwarven necromancer archmage once, whose spell-like abilities were Gutwrench and Stop Heart.
Not a terribly weird concept, but he would scream the name of the spell at the top of his lungs like a demented kung fu fighter every time he used them. Even in the middle of conversations.

It was hilarious. He'd try diplomacy, fail miserably, and as the conversation spiralled out of control he would just scream "you know, actually I think that STOP HEART!!!"

We rolled over laughing so many times because of this.

BoutsofInsanity
2017-02-12, 07:33 PM
Sewer Worker Bill

Bill is a half-orc ranger with favored terrain in City/Sewers.

Bill is a verminator, he hunts vermin.

Bill wears leather armor, giant wade boots, and an apron.

Bill uses a masterwork crossbow, skinning knife, and a hook pole to remove blockage from the sewers.

Bill talks like Macho Man Randy Savage, but with a 7 intelligence.

Bill is well liked by all adventureres, he may be slow, but is a stand up guy, and will provide any assistance to parties in need of a guide through the sewer.

Bill also has a key to the city, numerous medals and is counted among the most effective police.

Bill would just say hunting and killing gobo's and other vermin is part o da job.

A_S
2017-02-13, 01:11 PM
Obligatory plug for Korg the Barbarian Wizard (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?195049-Help-Me-Be-Annoying-with-a-Barbarian-Wizard), one of the greatest threads to ever grace these forums.

Snowbluff
2017-02-13, 01:17 PM
Sir ****ington. In PF, he was a spellslinger, I believe. A name I used solely because of how silly it sounded, he had like a purple wizard's robe and leopard print on his matching wizard hat, he was an NPC I put up for the leader of a school of adventurer's fighters. Now, the librarian who ran the group ran with the concept, so the kids who couldn't win the tournament to get into the school got jobs as prostitutes. It was horrible. XD

Uncle Pine
2017-02-13, 01:53 PM
Obligatory plug for Korg the Barbarian Wizard (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?195049-Help-Me-Be-Annoying-with-a-Barbarian-Wizard), one of the greatest threads to ever grace these forums.
Heartily seconded.

And a shout out for the Duel Monster Dwarves, a guild of Runesmiths devoted to play Yu-Gi-Oh! in your stereotypical faux medieval d&d setting.

flappeercraft
2017-02-13, 02:28 PM
Not mine but on a campaign i'm running there is this Pugilist/Psychic warrior Necropolitan that because he is immune to damage is just incredibly stubborn and idiotic. Last session which was the first session the player was in, when entering the dungeon they are supposed to get an artifact from, when he opens the hatch he sees a Monstrous Spider on the bottom of the hatch as he opens it and it wasn't real, it was painted with crayons but he regardless starts running away because he is scared of spiders. Later on the same session an Awakened Cat Wizard who is ECL 17 who is friend of the party offers to help them in the dungeon after they retreated but he just follows with burning the cat which results in him getting cursed and punched while the cat polymorphed. They are 9th level

Uncle Pine
2017-02-13, 02:55 PM
Sir ****ington.
When I read this I wondered why "bear" would be censored. Yes, I was thinking about Sir Bearington, which is a very fitting mention in a thread like this one.

JyP
2017-02-13, 03:15 PM
Well, I played a human werewolf with maxed out strength, throwing rocks... nothing too much, but one power player at the table decided he would outdo me. And he came at the next session with a... bronze half dragon / centaur / green star adept. All drunkards in the tavern decided to stop drinking once he appeared.

Efrate
2017-02-13, 09:32 PM
Did the half minotaur object to being called Sally?

I'm playing a drunken halfling salior right now. He remembers going to the bar, he thinks he signed something, then woke up in a hurricane because he found a bottle of rum without a cork and it would be wasteful to let it spill. He is currently marooned on the island with another halfling from the same ship, and they are always tied together, because whats better than half a ling is one whole ling! They're both not sure what the other half is. Prolly not orc. Currently training dinosaurs to raid a nest of giant bees to make honey meed. scout/ranger going swift hunter.

jdizzlean
2017-02-13, 10:08 PM
several years ago, we had a barbarian who's only skill points went into ass oiling...

he wore a bunny loincloth, and would throw flasks of ass oil at his opponents to taunt them....

Bonzai
2017-02-13, 11:55 PM
Greta The Crazy Cat Lady

Mongrel Folk Druid 1/sorcerer 1/ wizard 1/ totemist 2/ Beast Master 10
(wizard and sorc use the alternative class features that swap out familiars for animal companions).

Feats: Skill Focus (handle animal), share soulmeld, bonus essentia, expanded capacity, and Wild Cohort. Add on Incarnum feats for extra essentia.

This character, being a mongrel folk, is very insecure and more than a little crazy. She will never refer to herself as an individual. Instead she will project her thoughts and emotions through her cats. Each cat will represent a different aspect of her personality. One will represent her aggression, one her fun loving side, and so on... A conversation with her could very well go something like this; "Ooh, Princess Prissy Whiskers loves a fancy party! Yes she does, yes she does. But Mr. Tiggles thinks the prince is up to something. He doesn't trust him, no he does not!"

Mechanically the build will revolve around Share Soulmeld. Bind a Manticore belt to the Totem chakra. It throws out a spike for each essentia point invested in the meld. Each one deals 1d6 points of damage. Ultimately the build will have 8 cats. Each will share the meld with her. You can invest up to 4 normally, plus 1 for the expanded capacity class feature, +1 from the feat, +1 from focus item, for a total of 7 essentia. So 7 spikes each, on the character and each of her cats for 63 spikes each dealing a d6.

Also, Totemist will giver her lots of utility and skill boosts. With her Handle animal skill, she can teach her cats amazing tricks.

Bonzai
2017-02-14, 12:29 AM
Grooaak the Battle Toad

Neraphim Wild shape ranger 6 (skilled city dweller)/barbarian 1 (lion totem/whirling frenzy)/ fighter 1/ Warblade 1/ Wardancer 10

Feats: power Attack, battle jump, vault, dodge, speed of the cheetah, leap attack, mobility, spring attack,

Flaws: murky eyed, shaky
Trait: quick

Grooaak was banished to the material realm and was distressed to learn that the laws of the physical plane are much different than his home plane. In particular he misses the subjective gravity of his plane of Limbo. To compensate he has single mindedly focused on his leaping ability. Picture Rock Lee training methods. Leg weights, thousands of squats, etc...

The results?
90ft base move
+10 fast move from ranger
+10 quick trait
+30 haste
+10 dark template
=150 ft move.
300 with rapid wrath doubling it.
3,000 after cheetah's speed's x10.
Can double move on a charge for 6,000 ft.
That's 1,000 feet per second which is 681 mph. Sound barrier is about 767, and there is still more bonuses I could add if I care too. Just on the speed bonuses he can standing jump 800 feet in the air not factoring his other jump bonuses.

I came up with this build trying to break the jump skill. Most often this was over kill, but once in a while he got to show off. He leaps in from a great distance, pounces dealing brutal charge damage on his attacks, and can then swift action jump away farther than most things can run to reach him. It's a one trick pony, but it's a hell of a trick.

Hogsy
2017-02-14, 12:04 PM
I don't know if hillarious is the appropriate word for it, but it was definitely something. I played a Master of Many Styles/Nimble Guardian guy who transformed into a Warcat(Huge) and pounced on his enemies with Feral Combat Training and Janni Rush along with a wand of Strong Jaw. I'd throw like 200d8 for a full attack and at level 10 without ANY magical items he almost killed an Elysian Titan(By surprise).

Another build I'd call hilarious was the same general concept but on a Kitsune Ranger/Rogue, who would transform into a Fox(through a racial feat) and hide behind his Allosaurus pet. He'd pounce at the enemies for free SA without any hard work when his Allosaurus full-attacked them. Generally he'd spent most of his time on the shoulder of one of the party members.

manyslayer
2017-02-14, 12:36 PM

Totally! I made this character for a semi-LARP (and gave credit) I play in (we use 3.5 rules with us as life-sized miniatures, essentially). It was phenomenal. The first time I jumped over a table shouting "SWIFT FLY" the guy playing the orc I was attacking nearly lost it. Plus I had bought him a bunch of burned out ioun stones but he "recharged" them (they were painted a variety of colors) so I wore a helmet with a bunch of gemstones on wires the whole weekend.

meemaas
2017-02-14, 01:53 PM
For a campaign with a new DM I made a character named Waitesbane. She was a Necromancer using Spheres of Power who needed to make skill checks to use her magic. Her skill? Perform (Rock Band). She had a custom spell that cost her half of her control pool to summon zombies capable of performing in her Rock Band too. I spent something like 80% of her build resources to it and was even trying to work with a friend who knows our generations music better to get music to run during combat.

Unfortunately, the DM hadn't learned an important lesson. After an encounter where a team of life using Halflings apparently snuck through the entire party and instanuked my entire rock band in the surprise round, despite being unable to do anything but cast Cure, dead center of the entire party. I tore up her sheet in blind rage. He explained that my character was going to be a problem because he had planned for various undead creatures in the future and thought that I would auto-win those encounters as a Necromancer.

I had to explain to him about solving OOC problems with rules ignorant IC actions and then punished him with my replacement character.

Inevitability
2017-02-14, 02:32 PM
I had to explain to him about solving OOC problems with rules ignorant IC actions and then punished him with my replacement character.

Can you see the irony in this sentence?

meemaas
2017-02-14, 02:37 PM
Can you see the irony in this sentence?

Oh yes. I do see that. I saw it in the first place. But boy was I mad about the entire situation. I would have had to sit out the entire session if I hadn't agreed to bring in a basic blaster to fill the ranged damage dealer role for the party too.