PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder cleave and fleet charge

Scottlang
2017-02-12, 08:19 PM
Right, I'm creating a minotaur, it is mythic, lvl 13 barbarian, 1st off how would cleave work with 3 attacks, would I get it off, or would I get to use it after all the attacks have been made?? I am unsure...
2nd Fleet charge... Can you still attack after a powerful charge (cos the powerful charge, as its part of a charge action, would become a swift action... Or have I that wrong??)

Calthropstu
2017-02-12, 08:32 PM
Cleave is used as part of a standard attack action. You cannot get a full attack AND cleave.

Dagroth
2017-02-12, 08:35 PM
Cleave is used as part of a standard attack action. You cannot get a full attack AND cleave.

I don't know Pathfinder, but I know that 3.5 Cleave doesn't say anything like that.

Sayt
2017-02-12, 08:37 PM
Unfortunately there is no way to cleave with a full attack.

Fleet charge isn't actually a charge, so you can't make a powerful charge attack.

Calthropstu
2017-02-12, 08:41 PM
I don't know Pathfinder, but I know that 3.5 Cleave doesn't say anything like that.

Pathfinder does in fact state this. Cleave was one of many things they majorly reworded.

Dagroth
2017-02-12, 08:49 PM
Pathfinder does in fact state this. Cleave was one of many things they majorly reworded.

Why? That makes Cleave next to useless! I thought Pathfinder tried to make Melee options better...

stack
2017-02-12, 08:59 PM
If you hit tier 3 mythic you can use cleave with the extra amstandard from amazing initiative. Also here is a new prestige that lets you add vital strike to standard action attacks, so you could cleave off a vital strike. Combine with mythic vital strike. Don't recall the name, heritor something?

Sayt
2017-02-12, 09:08 PM
Why? That makes Cleave next to useless! I thought Pathfinder tried to make Melee options better...

Pathfinder's cleave isn't like 3.5's in that it doesn't require you to kill an enemy. If you threaten two enemies who are adjacent to each other you can attack one and if you hit them then attack the other. Great cleave changes this from two to any number of adjacent creatures.

Calthropstu
2017-02-12, 09:39 PM
Pathfinder's cleave isn't like 3.5's in that it doesn't require you to kill an enemy. If you threaten two enemies who are adjacent to each other you can attack one and if you hit them then attack the other. Great cleave changes this from two to any number of adjacent creatures.

Yeah, I considered it a very lateral move in how it worked... but much easier to track. Best at low levels for standard cleave, and great cleave being quite situational in benefit (large mook groups)

Obviously whirlwind attack is quite a bit better in that you may attack everything in reach with no previous hits required. But none of those feats allow you to make multiple attacks on the same target.

Sayt
2017-02-12, 10:05 PM
Honestly a cleave on one attack per round, and then all attacks is something I've considered as a high level feat for homebrew.