PDA

View Full Version : Sci-Fi Fate Core - MvK weapon creation &/or homebrew stunts for weapon creation

Smithsguild
2017-02-13, 10:01 AM
Hello all, This is a brainstorming thread for Mecha vs Kaiju ran under Fate Core. Specifically weapon creation and any homebrewed skills related to weapon creation.

I will be posting some ideas; I look forward to your critiques and suggestions. Feel free to show off your creations here as well.

M230 Chain Gun: [Wv base or +2 w/t stunt: burst]

Tracer Rounds:These rounds help you 'walk' your fire towards the target, making it easier for the weapon system to strike with future attacks. Use your action to tag a target with the boost “Zeroed In” with two free personal invokes that are only valid for attacks with this weapon.

(Tracer Rounds is basically an attempted re-skin of Tactical System skill - Laser Pointer pg. 66 MvK)

Burst: This weapon fires a barrage of projectiles at a single target. Increase Weapon Value by +2. However such attacks are less accurate. Reduce your attack roll by -1 shift. If this attack Ties it is instead treated as a miss.

--------------

'Hellfire' Area Denial Missile: [Wv base ] (inspired heavily by Battletechs Inferno missiles)

Area: This weapon strikes all targets in a sector. Make one attack roll. The attack is applied to each target, which must defend against this attack as if it were the sole target. Reduce damage by -2 shifts. If the attack does no damage the attacker gains a Boost 'On Fire' instead.

Aspect 'The Fire Spreads' : This weapon creates an aspect named ('the fire spreads') upon any target that suffers damage which can be invoked against an adjacent target hex or target creature for free once per scene. This aspect can also be invoked or compelled as normal.

This one skill I'm not sure I understood exactly... ( Aspect stunt weapon construction pg. 66 MvK) I was attempting to generate the uncertainty of introducing a raging fire onto the battlefield and this seemed to me to be the best fit.

Ongoing: The target hit by this attack is tagged with the aspect “Ongoing Fire Damage”. To overcome this advantage the target must make a Physique check. If you succeed with style you receive a free invoke of “Ongoing Fire Damage” instead of a boost.

Does ongoing inflict damage each turn until successfully overcome and what would the target number be to overcome? Sorry still new to fate and learning as I go.