PDA

View Full Version : Pizza toppings

blackout
2007-07-22, 06:27 PM
What kind of pizza toppings do you prefer on your pizza? :smallamused: I likes me lots of bacon and pepperoni.

Sean92k
2007-07-22, 06:30 PM
My kinda topic :smallbiggrin:. Ham and anchovies, sometimes peperoni

smellie_hippie
2007-07-22, 06:38 PM
Broccoli, sun-dried Tomatoes, Onions, Pineapple and Canadian Bacon. :smallbiggrin:

Hoggy
2007-07-22, 06:41 PM
Ham, Pineapple and Pepperoni. Without a doubt.

Oh, and Amazons.

Yiel
2007-07-22, 06:56 PM
Mushroom, pineapple, jalapeńo, tomato and capsicum with cashew butter :smallbiggrin:

Hushdawg
2007-07-22, 07:22 PM
black olive, mushroom, diced chicken, pineapple, bell pepper and minced garlic.

oh, a LOTS of cheese.

SMEE
2007-07-22, 07:40 PM
Yay, pizza toppings.

I'm quite found in bacon with double extra bacon, boiled eggs, corn and green olives!

Roland St. Jude
2007-07-22, 07:44 PM
Hmm,

1) Ham and pineapple
2) Pepperoni and one of the following: mushrooms, green olives, black olives, thinly sliced jalepenos.
3) Barbeque sauce (instead of tomato sauce), grilled chicken, red onions, fresh cilantro, maybe some toasted pinenuts.

I could probably make a list of my top 100 favorite pizzas, but I'll stop there. (P.S. I had #3 for dinner tonight.)

Amotis
2007-07-22, 07:47 PM
Fried veggies, chunks of fresh mozzarella, and black olives.

Dhavaer
2007-07-22, 07:50 PM
Pepperoni.

Midnight Son
2007-07-22, 07:53 PM
My favorites are either Pepperoni and Mushroom or BBQ Chicken with Mushroom and Garlic. Most others are good, but those are the best.

Now for Pizza places; Major chains are right out. It's best is to find a mom'n'pop place. Here in Salt Lake there's also a place called Pier 49 San Francisco Sourdough Pizza. Best I've found in Salt Lake. The absolute best place, though, is Bullwinkle's in Juneau, Alaska. Never found it's equal; probably never will.

Namaste123
2007-07-22, 07:59 PM
I like everything that they could possibly concieve to put on a pizza.

Delaney Gale
2007-07-22, 08:00 PM
Hmm. If I was getting a pizza all to myself? Pineapple, onions, green peppers, and garlic. And a box of mints for after. To be nice to everyone in a 50' radius.

This reminds me of one of the warmups my fencing coach uses with new fencers- a dynamic stretch for the inner thighs that involves "making a pizza"... so the new fencers might go "My name is Bob, and I like pepperoni", and we'd "slice" "pepperoni" on the "pizza". Tacky, yes. Better for a warmup than static stretches, also a yes. But once you get to anchovy-pineapple-garlic-onion-mushroom-olive-sausage-pepperoni-tomato pizza... gross ><

s.donahue
2007-07-22, 08:37 PM
Thin crust with garlic and chicken. Mmm. (:

FdL
2007-07-22, 08:39 PM
Seafood pizza is the best pizza I've ever had.

Shiny, Bearer of the Pokystick
2007-07-22, 08:53 PM
Hmm...
Pepperoni, Italian Sausage (the good kind, with actual lil' rounds of sausage- I know of only two places that do this), green peppers, onions & more onions, garlic, pineapple, and a dusting of red pepper flakes.

Mmmm. :3

SweetLikeLemons
2007-07-22, 09:16 PM
My latest favorite has been olive oil, garlic, lots of mozzerella, and then basil and sliced tomatoes on top. Mmmm...
Generally, anything with some veggies on it is fine by me. Hawaiian is good, too.

Now I'm hungry...

Jack Squat
2007-07-22, 09:35 PM
well I really like meat lovers pizzas (pepperoni, sausage, ham, bacon is the normal combination), but I also really like salmon and artichoke hearts

Hell Puppi
2007-07-22, 09:43 PM
Garlic, chicken and artichoke heats....but I can rarely ever get that.:smallfrown:

Indon
2007-07-22, 09:44 PM
The more the better, barring only toppings which taste so strong or are so salty/whatever (anchovies, I'm looking at you) that they overwhelm the taste of all the other toppings.

Jack Squat
2007-07-22, 09:46 PM
Garlic, chicken and artichoke heats....but I can rarely ever get that.:smallfrown:

ooo...that sounds good; gonna have to try it next time I'm downtown.

anyways, do you have any non-chain pizza parlors near you? because they should be able to serve that up.

If all you have is Pizza Hut, Domino's and the like, I pity you, I really do.

Nomrom
2007-07-22, 11:16 PM
Good rule of thumb for me is, If I could eat it by itself, I'd probably enjoy it on a pizza. Unfortunately, the rest of my family does not hold to this principle, so I get stuck with either pepperoni or sausage.

AslanCross
2007-07-22, 11:38 PM
Beef, pepperoni, and all the high-protein stuff. I also like bell peppers and zucchini. Feta cheese is good too.

North
2007-07-22, 11:54 PM
Hawaiiain!!!!

Best hangover food ever is cold Hawaiiain the next morning.

Amotis
2007-07-22, 11:59 PM
Best hangover food ever is cold Hawaiiain the next morning.

Necrophiliac!

I adore Hawaii. I adore Hawaiian food. Hawaiian pizza was never my thing. I much prefer...Poi. :smallamused:

Mephibosheth
2007-07-23, 12:02 AM
There's a local pizza place in Madison called Ian's that makes amazing pizza with somewhat strange toppings. My two favorites are barbecue chicken/pineapple and steak & fries (pizza with barbecue sauce instead of tomato sauce, bits of beef, and french fries). Awesome stuff.

LCR
2007-07-23, 01:54 AM
Cheese. Maybe pepperoni.

Castaras
2007-07-23, 02:23 AM
Ham, pineapple, and cheese.

SDF
2007-07-23, 02:30 AM
When I was tutoring, a family made me an authentic Italian pizza for dinner, as the child's mother was from there. It was DELICIOUS. I like all different kinds of pizza, though I tend to stay away from certain things if I have to get it from a chain.

Orzel
2007-07-23, 03:02 AM
Jerk Chicken, green peppers, fried plantain, and bacon.

Quincunx
2007-07-23, 03:15 AM
Kebabpizza! (döner kebab meat, garlic sauce, onion, and whatever else the particular pizzeria sees fit to put on there)

Otherwise, mushrooms and black olives.

Kranden
2007-07-23, 03:42 AM
Mushroom and pepperoni. Most things aren't too bad as long as there isn't pineapple on it, Ugh.

*Edit. This thread cant be complete without this

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2006/20060106h.jpg

Death, your friend the Reaper
2007-07-23, 03:59 AM
Salmon mousse is my favourite topping.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-07-23, 04:11 AM
I don't like pizza, so none for me.

Penguinizer
2007-07-23, 04:55 AM
Kebabpizza! (döner kebab meat, garlic sauce, onion, and whatever else the particular pizzeria sees fit to put on there)

Otherwise, mushrooms and black olives.

Kebab pizza rules. Another good one I've had is a pizzeria special I've had a couple of times. Kebab meat, Cheddar, chili powder, salami.

KuReshtin
2007-07-23, 05:07 AM
Ox filet, Bearnaise sauce and fresh onions (add the onions and the sauce after the coking of the pizza).

And of course the kebab pizza with donner meat and garlic sauce and some jalapenos and fresh onions.

blackout
2007-07-23, 05:19 AM
I don't like pizza, so none for me.

:smalleek: YOUR NOT HUMAN!

Arang
2007-07-23, 05:36 AM
Garlic meatballs, pepperoni, bacon, onion, extra cheese, tomato sauce.

Nothing like it.

RAGE KING!
2007-07-23, 07:14 AM
everything! without a crust!

except seafood and really fatty disgusting meat.

when i say everything, i mean everything thats put on pizzas, not actually everything...=)

Surfer99
2007-07-23, 08:09 AM
Cold fresh salad with pineable cashew nuts kebab and mayo sprinkled lightly with strong chili and melted garlic butter

offcourse the normal tomat/cheese and lots of em (or as i say when im in my hometown "yo Bob gimme a 28a "Special"" .. maybe ive bought to many when they know what to put on it )

valadil
2007-07-23, 08:58 AM
Pineapple and pepperoni ftw!

Also, I'm surprised nobody mentioned this monstrosity (http://www.japanprobe.com/?p=2321). Picture an everything pizza with pizza hut's stuffed crust. Now replace the cheese in the crust with cocktail weenies. Now dip it all in maple syrup. And no, I'm not making it up.

magicwalker
2007-07-23, 09:50 AM
Pepporini, Mushrooms, Olives, and Sausage... Alfy's Pizza has been some of the best that I've had.

Penguinizer
2007-07-23, 10:03 AM
That Japanese pizza sounds great -the syrup.

Jack Squat
2007-07-23, 10:30 AM
...donner meat...

you too?

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/donner.jpg

Lord Herman
2007-07-23, 10:49 AM
Cheese. Lots of cheese. And, if I'm assembling my pizza myself, I usually add completely random stuff. Cut-up veggie burgers, nuts, more cheese, ginger, you name it.

PlatinumJester
2007-07-23, 10:56 AM
Cajun Chicken, Anchovies and Mushrooms with stuffed crust and a thin base. Topped off with garlic oil and extra cheese :smallbiggrin:.

Totally Guy
2007-07-23, 11:47 AM
I like to buy a Meat feat pizza and a vegetable feast pizza so that I can put them next to each other on the conveyor belt at the till. Then I just admire the juxtaposition of it and hope the cashier can also appreciate the contrast of the two objects. It's a beautiful sight to behold, an unlikely unity in motion surrounded by groceries.

Oh, I feel all dreamy now.

Fri
2007-07-23, 01:28 PM
Cheese. Just Cheese. But of course, my families and friends thought it'd be a waste, eating a pizza without any other topping than cheese, so I only have one if I ate alone.

FdL
2007-07-23, 01:34 PM
Whew!! That's a dizzying variety of tastes! ^^

But I'm thinking...Isn't there a practical limit to what you can put on a pizza? I mean, I don't like that pieces of toppings fall off the slice as I try to eat it.

In any case, I can infer from this thread that pizza is like the sandwich: anything-goes-food.

For non-US residents, is it like that where you live too?

Jibar
2007-07-23, 01:38 PM
One of my old friends would have the weirdest stuff on his pizza. Chocolate was a favourite. He would feed the leftovers to his rats afterwards.

Me, gimmie chedder cheese, tomato sauce and some vegetarian sausages and I'm happy.

KoDT69
2007-07-23, 02:06 PM
buffalo chicken pizza with ranchg dressing on top
BBQ chicken pizza with bacon
pepperoni and jalapeno
loaded with all but anchovies works too
I also like a small mom-n-pop shop 3 blocks from me. Reasonable prices, great food, quick service, and open to all kinds of odd requests and other tomfoolery :smallsmile:

Penguinizer
2007-07-23, 02:31 PM
I wish there was one like that around here. I'm craving for a pan pizza, not too much tomato sauce. Cheese + Cheddar, Salami, Canadian Bacon, Bacon, Spam, eggs, sausage and Spam. Bacon, and some chili powder. Maybe chicken and kebab meat aswell...

Aramil Liadon
2007-07-23, 02:47 PM
Olives, cheese. Mesoweird.

sktarq
2007-07-23, 03:37 PM
Garlic,
or
Ham+Pineapple
or
Garlic, Baisl, & Tomato (only in season-fresh off the farm that morning)
or
Ham+Portabello

Klerik
2007-07-23, 04:25 PM
Oooo Its gotta be pepperoni mushroom and banana peppers with extra cheese mmmmm.... I'm so hungry:smallfrown:

adanedhel9
2007-07-23, 05:20 PM
I enjoy just about anything that's generally considered a 'normal' pizza topping.

The best pizza I've ever had was ham and green olives on a 'light' (thin crust, low-sodium sauce, light on the cheese) pizza.

harlequin-vamp
2007-07-23, 05:32 PM
id go for a nice bit of ham and pineapple =P * savages nesrest pizza place * uve made me want one now XD

Call_me_Fate
2007-07-23, 06:00 PM
Cold fresh salad with pineable cashew nuts kebab and mayo sprinkled lightly with strong chili and melted garlic butter

This sounds like the exact pizza I make for myself at home, but minus the chili and plus grilled chicken.

Bardic Bunny
2007-07-23, 10:57 PM
Sausage, pepperoni, ham, bacon...mushroom, green pepper, sometimes onion.. not necessarily all together on one pizza.
A friend of mine made a pizza with olive oil on the crust with spinach, tomato, and mozzarella cheese on it...That was good.

Now I'm getting hungry.

Zarrexaij
2007-07-23, 11:33 PM
I'm just a plain cheese and pepperoni pizza kind of gal. If I am feeling adventurous I might have pineapple, olives, and mushrooms on mine with the pepperoni.

Now I'm hungry....

ForzaFiori
2007-07-23, 11:38 PM
call me a traditionalist, probably due to my being Italian, but all I really like on a pizza is cheese, pepperoni, and garlic. MAYBE Italian sausage.

Nomrom
2007-07-24, 12:20 AM
French fries go well on pizza. Me and my friends ordered a pizza with that on it, along with some other stuff I don't remember, and it was really good.

theKOT
2007-07-24, 12:27 AM
Tomatoes and pepperoni. From Barro's.

PhoeKun
2007-07-24, 12:32 AM
French fries go well on pizza. Me and my friends ordered a pizza with that on it, along with some other stuff I don't remember, and it was really good.

You know, I'm something of a purist when it comes to pizza. I believe that pizza, on its own, happens to be pretty tasty. Which means that toppings should be kept relatively sparse, and selected to accent or blend with the natural goodness of a pizza. Overpowering toppings miss the point. A lot of the suggestions in this thread (the ones listing nine million different toppings and alternate sauces) are, in my opinion, missing the point of pizza. I'm not sure I'd even be willing to call some of these things 'pizza'. Go ahead, like what you want, but when you've plopped a three-course meal onto the dough, you've really just got yourself an edible plate.

Anyway, my point. French fries are an overpowering type of topping. I should be against them on principle. And yet, I cannot help but be intrigued by the concept...

KoDT69
2007-07-24, 12:05 PM
Go ahead, like what you want, but when you've plopped a three-course meal onto the dough, you've really just got yourself an edible plate.

I can't believe that no pizza chain has marketed this angle as a environmentally-friendly way to eat! :smallbiggrin:

Vespe Ratavo
2007-07-24, 01:07 PM
Black olives...cheese...that's about it.

Kurien
2007-07-24, 02:17 PM
I like tomatoes, mushrooms, green peppers and pepperoni on my pizza. I remember having feta cheese on my pizza once; that would be good too.
Extra cheese, spinach and ground beef...

FdL
2007-07-24, 02:30 PM
You know, I'm something of a purist when it comes to pizza. I believe that pizza, on its own, happens to be pretty tasty. Which means that toppings should be kept relatively sparse, and selected to accent or blend with the natural goodness of a pizza. Overpowering toppings miss the point. A lot of the suggestions in this thread (the ones listing nine million different toppings and alternate sauces) are, in my opinion, missing the point of pizza. I'm not sure I'd even be willing to call some of these things 'pizza'. Go ahead, like what you want, but when you've plopped a three-course meal onto the dough, you've really just got yourself an edible plate.

Those are exactly my thoughts on the subject.

It seems that we're a minority, though. I don't eat pizza that much, maybe others got bored of the traditional pizza and started putting lots of weird stuff on it.

Penguinizer
2007-07-24, 02:56 PM
Sometimes I try those weird huge amounts of toppings. But I usually prefer salami and ham.

reorith
2007-07-24, 07:40 PM
no cheese, olives+peppers from ledos. thats is pretty much it :p

The Valiant Turtle
2007-07-24, 08:13 PM
Well, if I'm having to deal with chain pizza I usually go with bacon or chicken. I like cheese and black olives on that. I'd love onions if I wasn't allergic to them. :smallfrown: If I'm cooking it at home I use a pesto sauce for a base, then add chicken and black olives and top with slices of provolone cheese.

Mmmm, I think I might have to do that tomorrow...

Alarra
2007-07-24, 08:53 PM
I generally just get cheese....sometimes with pineapple on it. Or some kind of meat, but I don't generally go for a lot of toppings, mainly because I don't really care for veggies.

Nomrom
2007-07-24, 10:20 PM
Go ahead, like what you want, but when you've plopped a three-course meal onto the dough, you've really just got yourself an edible plate.

If the plate is edible that saves you time washing dishes.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-07-24, 11:37 PM
Onions, bacon, sausage, green peppers, anchovies and ham. Mmm...:smallbiggrin:

Gowron
2007-07-25, 02:06 AM
I and the rest of the Klingon Council enjoy having live Gagh on our pizza.

Wash down with some Bloodwine, and today is indeed a good day to die!

Hell Puppi
2007-07-25, 02:07 AM
Mmmm bloodwine and pizza....*does homer simpson drool noise*

FdL
2007-07-25, 02:11 AM
If the plate is edible that saves you time washing dishes.

Or you can go all Greek.

Em Blackleaf
2007-07-25, 02:21 AM
Bacon, olives, Canadian bacon, sausage, onions, mushrooms, green peppers, and extra cheese! :smallbiggrin:

Edible plates also sounds like a good idea. :smallsmile: