PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Level 14 Melee Healer

Phanstern
2017-02-13, 07:22 PM
Hello everyone,
Good news - I won DnD! My light cleric became king about halfway through our campaign. With two story arcs to go I need to come up with a new character. I have a few thoughts but I would like to ask for ideas from the playground. Perhaps ideas and suggestions will inspire others as well?

Here are the details pertinent details:
Level 14 start using standard stat array. Campaign will go to level 20, culminating in a trip through hell to recover a sword needed to kill the big bad guy. All books, most UA classes allowed. Also – TPK games feats are allowed along with the extra spells from the Book of Lost Spells. Multi-class is allowed, but must have a good story / reason behind choices. Standard races only. A free feat at character level 6 and 10. Since I am turning over a solid, level 13-character I will get the benefit of a handful of magic items, as well as the Boon of Perfect Health. (Quest reward.) Character role – My role is the main healer, main melee target, and main AOE damage dealer. Previously I was built for this and it was a lot of fun. (Admittedly a little ‘light’ on AOE, tee he…) Party consists of GOO Lock, Divination Wiz, OH Monk / Assassin, Ranger, and Lore bard. (The Monk and Ranger are new additions that will start this story arc. Previously 4-full casters was interesting.) Combats are generally infrequent but always tactical and deadly. Warlock is the party face. The trap I am falling into is making something new and different that plays just like my cleric. Any interesting ideas are greatly appreciated. Fun is more important than optimized, both is fine too though. If there’s interest in this post I’ll chime in with my ideas at some point.
Thank you.

Sans.
2017-02-13, 07:27 PM
Seems like you need something to stop the others getting squished. Maybe some kind of lockdown build??

Deathtongue
2017-02-13, 09:36 PM
You really can't go wrong with just a regular, fully-classed cleric.

With your starting level, if you take the Arcana domain from SCAG, you can add Simulacrum to your spell list and have a mobile pocket healer/Bless Bot for the very reasonable cost of 1,500gp. Not only will it be very relaxing to your party to have a backup healbot, you'll also avoid the standard Simulacrum problem of overshadowing your party members.