PDA

View Full Version : commands... for storyline

Westhart
2017-02-14, 12:28 PM
So now the characters are going after someone and I would like them to be under the command of the person who tricked her with a magic item. Are there any say collar of commands for dnd 3.5? I have been unable to find any.

Afgncaap5
2017-02-14, 12:35 PM
I thought there might've been in Drow of the Underdark, but a quick scan isn't showing me anything. I'm pretty sure I remember some kind of set of items where someone wearing the first one can issue commands to the second or something but i'm totally blanking on the specifics.

In the event that I'm wrong, though: any reason you can't just create such an item for your game world?

Westhart
2017-02-14, 01:11 PM
I can not create it b/c there are many players and I am not the main dm... also the game is heavy on political intrigue, and I do not want to make homebrew that main dm may not like. :smallsmile:

Uncle Pine
2017-02-14, 01:29 PM
Dominate Person is a 5th level spell, so you can put it into a staff or a wand if you use Sanctum Spell. A CL 9 Dominate Person lasts for 9 days, but if that isn't enough an extended Dominate Person will last for 22 days (at CL 11, the standard for a 6th level spell).

Westhart
2017-02-14, 01:34 PM
hmm could do that and give it like one charge :smallamused:

ShurikVch
2017-02-14, 01:49 PM
Enslavement rings (Underdark): 120000 gp for one Master Ring and five Servant Rings; the latter ones are cursed items which work like amulet of inescapable location, prevent saving throws against detect thoughts, cast dominate person (keyed to wearer of the Master Ring) when donned and each tenday thereafter; removing the ring ends dominate person effect, but to remove it you will need remove curse spell

Chokesnake (Dungeon #148): CE Tiny Outsider (chaotic, evil, extraplanar, symbiont, tanar'ri), 6 HD, CR 5 or host+1 - this symbiont can dominate it's host

Westhart
2017-02-14, 02:32 PM
ooh those look good
on second thought, does a symbiote die if removed because this is my character when I am not gm'ing :smallbiggrin:
EDIT: DOes the host of a symbiote die not symbiote :smallwink: