PDA

View Full Version : Low dex...

Kel_Arath
2007-07-22, 09:00 PM
I don't like how having a low dex score will actually give you a penalty to AC. While people will argue that you dodge in the wrong direction, that is saying this: A) Your dex is high enough to still react in time, and B) Your wisdom is low enough that you don't know which way is the right way to go. I personaly get agrivated by the fact that you can react slow enough that you are an easier target than when standing still, or sleeping, or paralized, or etc.
Also for things like objects, hitting a fine object is an AC 13 because it gets a minus 5 for dex (forget where I saw this, don't know if it was official).
But anyway, it just irks me that things are easier to hit moving than when still.

dwagiebard
2007-07-22, 09:05 PM
*sigh*

The bonus of 0 for dex of 10 is average. It says that you do dodge somewhat. A dex of 0 means you don't move, right? the penalty for a dex lower than 10 doesn't mean you dodge the wrong way or something, you're still adding to your defence, it's just that the rules are based on average scores, so being slower at dodging means your defence is below average, thus, a penalty.

When you're not moving, paralized, or whatever, you're considered 'helpless'. I don't have the player's handbook with me right now, but as I recall, your AC goes WAY down.

Does that make sence?

Yechezkiel
2007-07-22, 09:06 PM
I'm sure deer in headlights don't like it any more then you do.

Dhavaer
2007-07-22, 09:06 PM
What are you talking about? Being paralysed will always lower your AC unless your Dex is 1.

Douglas
2007-07-22, 09:10 PM
I personaly get agrivated by the fact that you can react slow enough that you are an easier target than when standing still, or sleeping, or paralized, or etc.
Where'd you get that? Standing perfectly still, sleeping, or paralyzed is treated as having dexterity 0. Even 3 dex makes for a harder target than that. Also only dexterity bonuses are lost when flatfooted, not penalties, so being able to react is never worse than not being able to.