PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Oracle Spells For Gunslinger

adonis53
2017-02-15, 12:03 AM
Hello! My gm changed the variant multiclass in unchained for Oracle to give it spellcasting and I need some advice for my spells I can pick...

I will be able to get this many spells of each level:
1st level: 2
2nd level: 2
3rd level: 1

Probably would be best to get buff spells that would help me aim/do damage better. Things with long durations as I won't have that many spell slots. And I don't think I'll be getting abundant ammunition because I'm already going to get a magic item with it enchanted on it.

Topaz
2017-02-15, 01:45 AM
1st Level:
If you might ever have to deal with being underwater, Air Bubble lets you use your firearm without having to invest in Dry Load items.
Deathwatch is good for knowing who to finish off in a combat with lots of opponents.
Divine Favor, but that's exactly what you're looking for so you probably spotted it right off, and a Luck Bonus stacks well.
Entropic Shield is good for getting you hit less if you get into a shootout.
Liberating Command is fantastic for those opponents who grapple you to keep you from shooting.
I'd skip Magic Weapon, it isn't useful enough long enough. Shield of Faith is better but still tends to get overtaken by Rings of Protection.

2nd Level:
Align Weapon (or Communal at 3rd) is a good way to counter some forms of DR.
Ironskin is a pretty good AC boost, especially if you don't use a Natural Armor amulet.
Make Whole is a fast way to deal with broken firearms.
Silence or Silent Table is good for when the sound of gunfire might be inconvenient.
Weapon of Awe is another damage booster and a Sacred Bonus also stacks well.

3rd Level:
Archon's Aura if you use pistol or other short-range firearm.
Invisibility Purge is niche, but so satisfying when the invisible opponent doesn't get to sneak up on the Gunslinger.
Prayer is a good Help Us, Hinder Them spell.
Greater Stunning Barrier is great for punishing those Attacks of Opportunity on you.