PDA

View Full Version : Eclipsed Spell and Spheres of Power

Dr_Dinosaur
2017-02-15, 12:22 AM
I didn't see a current AMA thread for Spheres, so I figured a new thread would be alright. How would Eclipsed Spell interact with the Light and Dark sphere talents? Could I use it on Dark+Hungry Darkness to create a light effect that saps away Constitution? If it applies to the base talents and those can still be modified as normal, they essentially become a single huge sphere of Light&Dark with this feat since it doesn't cost any spell points.

Actually, what is the order of operations when it comes to Talents, Metamagic, and other modifiers to a sphere ability?

Doc_Maynot
2017-02-15, 12:36 AM
To the best of my knowledge one can only use the metamagic from a set list with Spheres.

The following metamagic feats may all be applied to an appropriate sphere effect: Bouncing Spell, Coaxing Spell, Consecrate Spell, Widen Spell, Disruptive Spell, Ectoplasmic Spell, Empower Spell, Enlarge Spell, Reach Spell, Extend Spell, Focused Spell, Jinxed Spell, Lingering Spell, Maximize Spell, Merciful Spell, Persistent Spell, Piercing Spell, Quicken Spell, Selective Spell, Silent Spell (if the caster possesses the Verbal Casting drawback), Still Spell (if the caster possesses the Somatic Casting drawback), Thanatopic Spell, and Threnodic Spell
Eclipsed Spell, is not on that list unfortunately.

EldritchWeaver
2017-02-15, 03:17 AM
The current AMA can be found at http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?509636-Spheres-of-Power-Ask-Me-Anything-2.

While Eclipse Spell isn't on the list, the main reason is that it has been published after SoP. So it was not available for consideration. You need to ask Adam, if it should be added.