PDA

View Full Version : Curse SorLock

retaliation08
2017-02-15, 10:43 AM
I was intrigued by the new hexblade and decided to try it out in my next game, CoS.

My plan for the character (up to level 10) is focused around placing curses on enemies and controlling the battlefield a bit while having a gish-ish chasis (shield and quarterstaff)

V. Human Hexblade Tomelock 3/ Sea Sorcerer 7
Feats: 1. Warcaster 6. Charisma

This character was an aspiring bounty hunter who nearly drowned at sea while hunting a mark, but was spared after making a pact with his patron (still undecided). The levels after warlock are sea sorcerer, and most of the spells will be based on control to fit the bounty hunter aspect.

He will have hex, hexblade's curse, and curse of the sea to constantly debuff enemies. I plan on taking lots of forced movement cantrips and spells ( I will have 9 total cantrips by level 4) such as thornwhip, gust, and(possibly) repelling blast.

Warcaster enables booming blade for OA's, which deals a nice chunk of reaction damage to retreating enemies and also enables me to thornwhip (tome) the same target back up to 25 feet on my next turn with curse of the sea.

Spells like, gust, thunderwave, shocking grasp, and arms of hadar will be essential for escaping melee effectively.

I haven't decided if I am taking book of ancient secrets, but I think I have to as I need the familiar and rituals for scouting and utility. I am the only arcane caster and only person with sneak/ thieves tools in the party. I would be interested in recommended tome spells :)

I think this character will be fun to play, but I am bringing the build to the playground to ensure that I am not overlooking any nice synergies for this build.

What do ya think, playgrounders?

tieren
2017-02-15, 07:14 PM
Don't forget to me let's you take shillelagh based on charisma so you won't be so MAD using the staff

retaliation08
2017-02-15, 07:36 PM
As a hexblade you can use all non two handed weapons with charisma! I will likely skip out on shillelagh and use bonus actions for hex and quickened spells. :)

Although d8 and magical is tempting...