PDA

View Full Version : Teaching New Players [SW Saga]

StickMan
2007-07-22, 11:31 PM
So I'm teaching my girlfriend and one of our other friends to play the Saga Edition of starwars. My girlfriend (LadyofTheStick), has played DND a little and knows some of the rules from that game, when last we played I was still basically holding her hand, our other friend she has even almost none at all. Basically I'm teaching two people who are new to D20 how to play what do you advise that I start with and what points should I go over and give detail too.

Jimbob
2007-07-23, 04:56 AM
Well, I have jsut thought my girlfriend to play. So what I did, I let her pick what ever she wanted, race, class etc. Then we rolled a character up together, going over each part as we needed it, skills, feats, stats etc. Then we went into killing things, so taking damage, hitting, crits etc. But my advice is start off simple and when some thing comes up liek a AOO then go over it. I found it a bit hard cos I have been playing for many years now and there are so many things, but its basic basic basic. Dont run before you can crawl, or in this case hit before you get hit. Hope thats some help. :smallsmile:

Beleriphon
2007-07-23, 06:14 AM
Best advice I can think of is that you have each encounter for the first few sessions use an exclusive combat tactic to highlight the rules you want to teach. If you want to teach grappling have the character's fight a guy that grapples, need to get the Jedi into using Deflect, have a few stormtroopers shoot at them and encourage your Jedi player to use their relevant abilities.