PDA

View Full Version : Magic Clothing under Magic Armor?

Neowulf
2017-02-15, 02:26 PM
so I've been wondering about this, is there a ruling about using magic clothes under magic armor? like if I wanted to wear a hair shirt of suffering underneath a full-plate with lightweight, would I have to choose which I get?

Flickerdart
2017-02-15, 02:30 PM
so I've been wondering about this, is there a ruling about using magic clothes under magic armor? like if I wanted to wear a hair shirt of suffering underneath a full-plate with lightweight, would I have to choose which I get?

Yes. There is a separate Body/torso slot and Armor slot.

SirNibbles
2017-02-15, 02:32 PM
Yes. Robes/Armour go in the body slot. Shirts and similar items go in the torso slot.

Edit: Ninja

Deophaun
2017-02-15, 02:33 PM
Yes. There is a separate Body/torso slot and Armor slot.
Close, but not quite.

There is a body slot that is taken by armor/robes.

There is a torso slot that is taken by shirts, tunics, vests, and vestments.

MIC, pg 218

Calthropstu
2017-02-15, 09:47 PM
Pathfinder has a separate slot for robes and another slot for armor.

Kelb_Panthera
2017-02-15, 10:50 PM
Except for robes, magic armor does not interfere with magic clothing in any way. Neither does magic clothing, except for robes, interfere with magic armor in any way.

Armor and robes take up the same slot. Only whichever you've donned most recently continues to function.

Mr Adventurer
2017-02-16, 09:07 AM
Depending on what you are thinking of though, remember that an armour enhancement bonus from clothes (like a vest of the archmagi) won't stack with the same from armour (like plate mail +3).

Khedrac
2017-02-16, 09:22 AM
Depending on what you are thinking of though, remember that an armour enhancement bonus from clothes (like a vest of the archmagi) won't stack with the same from armour (like plate mail +3).
True, but you are understating this issue.

The armor bonus from cloths won't stack with the armor bonus from armor.
The enhancement bonus of a protective item is applied to that item's armor bonus not the wearer's Armor Class.
(I do not know of an item that actually applies an enhancement bonus to the user's AC.)

For example wearing bracers of armor +4 with a chain shirt gives Max[4,4] = 4 points of armor bonus.