PDA

View Full Version : Player Help 4 Arms, a crossbow and a greatsword

bootzin
2017-02-15, 02:29 PM
Hey guys! I was playing with my character in a campaign and I got this situation:

Me and my party were fighting a Girallon. A cleric in my party cast Girallon's Blessing on me. With my additional pair of arms I grabbed both my heavy crossbow and my greatsword and started attacking the Girallon. Crossbows, though, need to be reloaded.

So my doubts are:
1st: Can I draw both the crossbow and the greatsword with a single move action? I had BAB > 1
2nd: Can I attack with both weapons in the same round if I do not have enough BAB for extra attacks? I'd guess there would be penalties if I could, but would they be the TWF ones?
3rd: Can I reload the crossbow and still attack with the greatsword? (Even if this would cause an AoO)
4th: If the other weapon as another greatsword instead of a the crossbow, would the above still apply?

InvisibleBison
2017-02-15, 02:55 PM
1) No. You can only draw multiple weapons as one action if the weapons are light or one handed and you have the Two-Weapon Fighting feat. PHB, p. 142.
2) I don't see why you couldn't TWF with a greatsword and a crossbow, but the penalties would be murderous.
3) Reloading a heavy crossbow is a normally full-round action, so you can't also attack that round (barring some source of extra actions). If you have Rapid Reload (heavy crossbow), it's only a move action to reload, so you could make a standard attack the same round.
4) 1 and 2 wouldn't change if you were dual-wielding greatswords; 3 wouldn't be applicable.

Thurbane
2017-02-15, 03:12 PM
I believe if you have 4 arms, you need to take the Multiweapon Fighting feat rather than TWF.

Special
This feat replaces the Two-Weapon Fighting feat for creatures with more than two arms.

Never mind, I didn't read that this was a temporary condition.

Darrin
2017-02-15, 04:15 PM
1) No. You can only draw multiple weapons as one action if the weapons are light or one handed and you have the Two-Weapon Fighting feat. PHB, p. 142.

You could combine drawing a two-handed weapon (or the crossbow) with a move action if your BAB is +1. But yeah, to draw two weapons with TWF, they'd need to be light or one-handed.

2) I don't see why you couldn't TWF with a greatsword and a crossbow, but the penalties would be murderous.

-6 attack penalty on the primary (I'm assuming greatsword) and -10 penalty on the offhand (heavy crossbow).

If you have TWF/MWF (TWF switches MWF as soon as you have three or more hands), the penalties would be -4 primary/-4 offhand.

If your offhand weapon is light (and a heavy crossbow is not) then it'd be -2 primary/-2 offhand.