PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Wielding a Colossal weapon

bootzin
2017-02-15, 04:32 PM
Hey guys!

I have a character which has a total of 8 arms and enough strength to carry colossal weapons. He is naturally large.

According to Monkey Grip a larger 1HW is wielded with 2 hands, and you can't use larger 2hw at all. But supposing I had more than 2 hands, would I be able to use larger 2hw as well? And then larger 4 handed weapons? To a point where I could use a colossal weapon with 8 hands? Or is this not true? And if I could use the colossal weapon, how much would my penalty be? -6?

Buufreak
2017-02-15, 04:35 PM
Sorry no, that solution can not be extrapolated from the information given.

Uncle Pine
2017-02-15, 05:05 PM
Sorry no, that solution can not be extrapolated from the information given.
^What Buufreak said.

You can still wield a Colossal weapon by combining the Enlarge Weapon spell (CS) with the sizing weapon enchantment (MIC, iirc). Moreover, Savage Species has rules for weapons made to be wielded with up to 8 hands: you can apply up to 4.5 times your Str bonus to damage made with a weapon specifically built for such purpose.

LordOfCain
2017-02-15, 05:08 PM
If you have the Titan bloodline you can wield a gargantuan Warhammer and then with monkey grip or an enchantment a la those listed above you can make it colossal? Not sure if that is too specific. The strongarm bracers (if that's what they're called) may work too.

bootzin
2017-02-15, 05:45 PM
I see.. It's not that easy to wield a colossal weapon then.. Are there any guides to these? Some handbook of sorts?

Also, if I had the hulking hurler class, which states you can "really throw anything" that you can carry as a light load, could I get a Colossal thrown weapon and throw it using its damage? Or would the damage be calculated differently?

emeraldstreak
2017-02-15, 05:58 PM
I see.. It's not that easy to wield a colossal weapon then

There's always Greater Mighty Wallop.

Zanos
2017-02-15, 05:59 PM
Savage Species states that two handed weapons can be customized to use with more hands, which each hand past two adding +.5 strength mod.

So an eight handed medium greatsword, for example, would deal 2d6+(4.5*Strength Modifier) damage.

Wielding an actual colossal weapon as a medium creature is probably not going to be possible.

bootzin
2017-02-15, 06:13 PM
There's always Greater Mighty Wallop.
Care to remind me what is this?

Savage Species states that two handed weapons can be customized to use with more hands, which each hand past two adding +.5 strength mod.

So an eight handed medium greatsword, for example, would deal 2d6+(4.5*Strength Modifier) damage.

Wielding an actual colossal weapon as a medium creature is probably not going to be possible.
My character is actually naturally large, I intend to make a continuous item of augmented expansion to increase 2 size categories when worn (up to gargantuan), so all I needed was strongarm braces or an equivalent feat to be able to wield a colossal weapon. What I wanted though is to be able to wield a colossal weapon as a large character (as it is not always convinient to be gargantuan), or even a gargantuan one would suffice (specially considering that a large character with a weapon that is about 3 or 4 times his size is kinda weird, haha)

ExLibrisMortis
2017-02-15, 06:22 PM
Care to remind me what is this?
It's a spell that increases the damage of bludgeoning weapons. The damage increased is based on virtual size categories; you just shift the weapon a number of places in DMG/MM table of damage-by-size. Your greatclub is not technically colossal, but you get the same damage.

Gusmo
2017-02-15, 06:32 PM
If you're starting at high level and willing to play some sort of gish, the wu jen spell giant size can easily make your dreams come true. The catch being you might not always be able to cast the spell if you don't have enough headroom to have your actual size increase to gargantuan or colossal.

Uncle Pine
2017-02-16, 02:20 AM
I see.. It's not that easy to wield a colossal weapon then.. Are there any guides to these? Some handbook of sorts?

Also, if I had the hulking hurler class, which states you can "really throw anything" that you can carry as a light load, could I get a Colossal thrown weapon and throw it using its damage? Or would the damage be calculated differently?

[3.X] Increasing Size, Effective Size, Unarmed Damage, Reach (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?127732-3-X-Increasing-Size-Effective-Size-Unarmed-Damage-Reach)

The damage of everything a Hulking Hurler throws with Really Throw Anything is calculated using the rules for improvised weapons, even if you throw a Colossal thrown weapon. However, should you be able to actually wield sad Colossal thrown weapon as such (i.e. by shapechanging into a Colossal creature) you'd be able to use the weapon's damage instead of its damage as improvised weapon.

bootzin
2017-02-16, 06:31 PM
Thx for the replies (:

One last thing: If I am medium size, can I wield a huge light weapon with two hands?