PDA

View Full Version : Wrath of Hits on the Questgiver 5e

Saint Jimmy
2017-02-15, 06:40 PM
...And that brings me to why I gladly bought your services for this trip, even the...less believible of you.

The dwarf is stocky, even for his kind, and you can hear a small bit of condescension in his voice.dressed in the fine clothes of a merchant and seated on the lead horse of the team of three pulling his wagon of wares to sell at the trade center Fallcrest, Treavon the dwarf continues.

This trip normally wouldn't be very dangerous, but I brought something very important with me, something that those of...lesser character might desire for themselves.

Quickly changing the subject to something most adventurers are interested in, Treavon says

As we agreed, you will all be payed a sum of 50 GP for serving as my bodyguards

All of a sudden, an arrow whizzes out of the treeline, flying past Treavon.startled, he looks up, another slams into his chest, causing him to moan in pain and fall face down, unconscious on the ground as his blood begins to soak into his beard and the ground beneath him.

HP: 0
Death saves: N/A

Immediately running up towards the dwarf, you see a javelin flying out of the trees at Kristan, who easily ducks it. As the missile was thrown, the grating snarl of a hobgoblin can be heard, as you all see the three who had decided to ambush you.
"Hand over the box or die!
Shouts what you presume to be the leader, as his allies each knock arrows to their bows for another barrage and he draws his blade, a bloodstained greatsword.

http://i67.tinypic.com/2wo8ylv.jpg
Sorry, I didn't have tokens that really matched anyone's character. The dragonborn and female halfling/gnome should be obvious, but the long haired male in front is Kristan, the old looking guy is Densh'auh, one in the middle is Del. The soldier-looking one is Moebius.

1.Del
2.Korlan
3.Myixie
4.moebius
5.Densh'auh
6. Kristan
7. Hobgoblin soldier (token 2)
8.Hobgobin soldier (token 4)
9. Hobgoblin capitan

Sorry about the weird wait and stuff, this is my first time DMing on PbP. Good luck, and happy adventuring!

Saint Jimmy
2017-02-15, 06:46 PM
Unknown vs Treavon
Attack: [roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

Unknown vs Treavon
Attack: [roll2]
Damage:[roll3]

Unknown vs Kristan
Attack: [roll4]
Damage:[roll5]

Lioslaith
2017-02-15, 09:19 PM
Kristan turns to face the threat, "Densh'uah, see to the dwarf." He mutters a vow of enmity at the presumed leader and readies for an attack.

Kimhari
2017-02-15, 10:36 PM
Peeking from under his shield, Moebius mutters to himself "Flat terrain, sub-par cover, outnumbered..."

He starts to run towards the enemies while shouting, "Typical amateur ambush fellows, we can handle this! Cover me, I'll get personal with the javelin thrower..."

Damage: [roll1]

2D8HP
2017-02-16, 11:03 AM
Del (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1110044)

Shoots an arrow at the source of the attack
Attack:[roll0]

Vegan Squirrel
2017-02-16, 11:13 AM
Seeing her party under attack, Myxie raises her left arm, an orb of golden hue clasped in her hand. She utters an incantation while maneuvering the orb in the air; it turns black with a latticed pattern of silver streaks swirling about.

Suddenly, thick webs stretch from the trees where the hobgoblins stand, threatening to pin them in place.

Myxie
AC 15 HP 20/20 + Arcane Ward 9 HP
Action: She casts Web (http://5e.d20srd.org/srd/spells/web.htm), creating a 20 ft. cube of webbing.
I'm not certain if she can capture all three hobgoblins, but she'll at least trap the leader and number 2.
If that is one giant tree, she anchors the web between its trunk and its branches; if it just represents forest, she anchors it among the trees.
The affected hobgoblins get DC 13 Dexterity saves or they are restrained (http://5e.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#restrained).

theasl
2017-02-16, 01:55 PM
"Never a dull day on the job, huh?" mutters Korlan under his breath. Looking around, he spots the three hobgoblin bandits. "Not even a threat..." he adds, looking slightly disappointed.

Korlan sprints forward along the road, then turns and, with a chant and wave of his claw, fires off a small ball of fire at the nearest bandit.

Move up (parallel to the road) 20 ft or so to the square under the one with the rock, cast Fire Bolt at the hobgoblin in front.
Ranged attack roll: [roll0]
Damage if hit: [roll1]

Saint Jimmy
2017-02-17, 08:53 PM
HP:0
Death save
[roll0]
Death save status: 1 sucess

He's not dead, not yet at least.
The artificer says standing over the dwarf
Feeling rather triumphant after dodging the attacks, even with an arrow in his leg, the capitan smiles as his soldiers fire arrows at Moebius, (even though the arrows only impale themselves in the tree with a solid thunk) and then move in towards him.

Hobbo 4
Attack: [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
*moves into a flankin position, 15 ft left, 10 forward, and 5 right, so he provokes no opportunity attacks.

Hobbo 2
Attack [roll3]
Damage [roll4]
*moves 15 ft forward, 10 ft left, and 5ft back to put him in melee range without provoking any opportunity attacks.

Ignoring the other attackers, the capitan snarls,

WHO IS THE AMATEUR NOW, FOOL?

As he stabs with his greatsword at Moebius's chest, peircing his armor and very nearly running him through, only stopped from near-certain death by a hastily constructed magical barrier. Even as surprise resisters on his face from the sudden turnaround, the hobgoblin shouts

NOW! Is the box worth more to you then his life? If so, keep it! If you wish for your foolish yet brave comrade to live, hand the box over. This is the LAST TIME I am asking, for there is no was he can withstand another attack like that!

Multiattack
Attack one
Attack rolls (advantage from flanking)
[roll5]
[roll6]
Damage
[roll7]

attack two
Attack roll
[roll8]
[roll9]
Damage
[roll10]
From martial advantage, add [roll11] to one attack that hits if any

For a total of 21 damage. Moebius is currently at 3 HP.

Hobgoblin capitan HP is currently 34 from Del's arrow.

Hopefully I got it all straightened out.
http://i64.tinypic.com/2djnz7s.jpg

Kimhari
2017-02-17, 09:23 PM
The missing Goblin arrows only fueled Moebius' confidence. Much more than it should have given the pain now soaring through his side. He wouldn't go down without first giving all he has. An intense heat glowed on his weapon:

Cast Green Flame Blade:
Melee attack on Hobogoblin Captain: [roll0]

If it hits, flames jump onto Goblin 2 for 3 (Spellcasting modifier) fire damage

Bonus Action: Second Wind
Regain [roll2] hp

"I'm just getting warmed up! You won't get so easily through this time"

Action: Dodge

theasl
2017-02-17, 09:40 PM
Korlan could only watch as the bandits surrounded the charging human, and the one who dodged his fire bolt struck at the fighter with his greatsword. He feels a shiver down his scales - it couldn't be happening again, could it?

NO, I can't let everyone die again! he screams internally, as he roars and launches into another spell. This time, three beams of fire fly out, one at each of the hobgoblins.

Cast Scorching Ray (https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Scorching%20Ray)

Rolls (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=21719650&postcount=78)

Vegan Squirrel
2017-02-17, 09:58 PM
Myxie starts to worry. Her spider web proved far weaker than she'd expected, and the hobgoblin leader's attack was indeed furious. She glances at Kristan for a look of reassurance.

Furrowing her brow, the gnome wizard raises her orb again, muttering an incantation as the golden color swirls into the swirling oranges of flame. A bolt of fire flies in the hobgoblin leader's direction.

Seeing her flames sputter short, she slinks back to take cover from the archers.

Myxie
Action: She casts fire bolt (http://5e.d20srd.org/srd/spells/fireBolt.htm) at the arcane leader.
[roll0]
[roll1]
Move: She crosses behind the cart to the upper space to the left of it, ducking if necessary to obtain cover.

EDIT: I added the move and the little description of it, because I forgot to add the move at first. And again to add the fire bolt link.

2D8HP
2017-02-17, 10:33 PM
Shoots an arrow at the Hobgoblin that's attacking Moebius

Sicarius Victis
2017-02-18, 01:54 AM
"He's weak, but he'll live. At least for as long as this fight ought to take."

Densh'auh will fire a Thunder Monger shot at the captain.

Attack:
Damage: 2d6+3[/roll] piercing, plus [roll1] thunder.

Edit: Whoops, I'll try that again in the OoC thread.

Lioslaith
2017-02-20, 09:07 AM
Kristan nods and moves to help Moebius stepping in behind the two hobgoblins closest to him.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Saint Jimmy
2017-02-20, 10:08 AM
Still shocked from Moebius' recovery, the capitan was barely able to block the man's attack with his blade, as a bolt of fire and an arrow flew past him. Laughing at Kristan's easily blocked strike against his supordinates, the creature shouts

You are pathetic! Not a singe of you can land-

ARRGH!

His rant turned into a scream of pain because of Densh'auh's bullet tearing into his shoulder, leaving him unable to defend against Korlan's blast of fire. From the electricity and flame, you can clearly smell burning fur and flesh.

As that happened, the two soldiers dropped their bows to pull out their swords and attack, one against Moebius and the other against Kristan.

[roll0]
[roll1]

The blade bit deep into Kristan's flesh, making a painful wound. However, the strength of a paladin can handle much more then that.

(Disadvantage)
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Realizing that he needs to change tactics, the capitan pulls away from the fighting, provoking an attack from Moebius, which he easily blocked.

[roll5]
[roll6]

Limping slightly from the barrage he had just endured, the capitan moves up right by the Treavon's prone body, raises his sword, and shouts

"One move and the Dwarf dies! Everyone put your weapons down and get on the ground. My soldiers will retrieve it, just stay where you are and we will not hurt you, as you are not really worth our time."

With an evil grin, he adds
"But I think the dwarf, what's his name? Treavon? Yes, that's it. I very much think that Treavon is worth your time.

He just moved away from Moebius and up to Treavon. He has an action readied to attack the dwarf's prone form, most likely killings if anyone moves other then his allies.

The soldiers, almost certainly outmatched, look smugly at the two warriors they were facing, as if to juvenilely say

You may be better than us, but if you do anything your friend is dead, so we win.

http://i64.tinypic.com/264qk2d.jpg
Treavon has saved successfully twice.

The Capitan is at 15 HP.
Soldier 2 is at 3 HP.

Vegan Squirrel
2017-02-20, 10:40 AM
Her mind racing, Myxie realizes she might have just the trick to get out of this pickle, if she can pull it off. But her mind doesn't dwell on the possibility of failure, it's the opportunity for success that must be seized. The little gnome lifts her orb, which begins to swirl blue as she quietly mutters an incantation. At the last moment of casting, she peeks around the cart, establishing a line of sight and initiating the magical effect.

The hobgoblin captain feels the pull of magic attempting to lift him off of the ground.

Myxie
Action: She casts Levitate (http://5e.d20srd.org/srd/spells/levitate.htm), attempting to isolate the hobgoblin captain 20 feet up in the air. He gets a DC 13 Constitution save to resist the effect. The Web spell dissipates as she shifts her concentration away from it.

Kimhari
2017-02-20, 03:34 PM
Moebius would love to inquire Myxie about her use of Transmutation magic in combat, but his sharp wounds tell him now is not the time for that. Determined to not let another foe get past him, he attacks.

Cast Green Flame Blade:
Melee attack on Hobogoblin 2: [roll0]
If it hits, flames jump onto Goblin 3 for 3 fire damage

theasl
2017-02-20, 05:54 PM
Korlan barely notices as the hobgoblin captain moves up, barks some nonsense, then gets lifted into the air by the gnome. He's focused on the melee with the soldiers in front - he never really liked that silly dwarf anyways. As he moves across the road, he grips his staff with both hands, then uses it to bludgeon the nearest bandit.

Move up 10 feet (to the space below hobgoblin 4), then attack said hobgoblin with staff (using the arcane focus staff as a quarterstaff (https://twitter.com/mikemearls/status/509454576999612416)).

Attack roll: [roll0]
Damage (if hit): [roll1]

Lioslaith
2017-02-21, 07:14 AM
Kristan takes another swat at The hobgoblins that are now sandwiched between him and his ally.

Hobo 2 if it actually hits this time.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Nice.

2D8HP
2017-02-21, 07:38 AM
Shoots an arrow at a Hobgoblin that's in melee

(Assuming it's his turn again)
Sneak Attack:[roll2]

Saint Jimmy
2017-02-22, 05:37 PM
Right after the capitan gave his speech, Del fired an arrow at him that went wide. Seeing his chance, Korlan raced across the road to smash his staff into a hobgoblin, which unfortunately blocked most of the blow with his armor.

Right as the capitan was about to kill the dwarf in retaliation, he felt sudden movement under him and couldn't resist as he was thrust into the air and held there with a scream of rage as Moebius forced a soldier onto the defensive, and Kristan ran it through on his blade all the way to the hilt, pulling his blood–coated weapon out as the goblin collapsed to the earth.

Meanwhile, Densh'auh was aiming the Thunder Monger. When the capitan stopped struggling against the magic, he took a breath and fired a shot, the thunderclap loud enough to rattle your teeth.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Realizing that he is going to die even though the shot missed, the capitan says at an uncharacteristicly normal volume

"This doesn't matter. If we don't return to the Undergroud Hall they send a bigger force, with better men. If we escape and tell the general, they will send a bigger force with better men. Our side wins either way."

With that he draws and hurls a javelin at Treavon, determined to get one last shot in at you before you inevitably kill him.

[roll2]
[roll3]

The javelin pierces Treavon's chest, smashing his ribs and cutting through his heart, adding to the pool of blood beneath him so quickly and with so much that you know there is no way the dwarf could have survived the blow.
Seeing his capitan' act of defiance, the last soldier realizes that it is hopeless for his cause and runs away.

Uses disengage and runs straight down, away from all of you. If you want to chase him you can, it would just be without a map becuase that wouldn't really be nessecary. He is at 9HP from Korlan's attack.

http://i64.tinypic.com/10n595l.jpg

Kimhari
2017-02-22, 06:25 PM
Something inside him tells Moebius he should have known better. He wasn't prepared enough. He was feeling useless, but it was clear no enemy should escape and warn their masters, whoever they may be.

"I need answers!"

If possible:
Move towards escaping Hobgoblin: Up to 25 ft, no closer than 10 ft from the enemy.
Cast Lightning Lure (http://engl393-dnd5th.wikia.com/wiki/Lightning_Lure) on Hobgoblin. He must make a Strength save (DC 13, I think) or be pulled towards me and take 1d8 lightning dmg
Damage roll: [roll0]

theasl
2017-02-23, 12:14 AM
As the bandit he hit runs away, Korlan turns his attention to the blabbering captain still suspended in the air. He shoots another fire bolt at the captain, hoping that he's more lucky than the first time.

Cast Fire Bolt at the captain.
Attack roll: [roll0]
Damage if hit: [roll1]

Sicarius Victis
2017-02-23, 01:06 AM
"Damn it, there goes our paycheck."

Densh'auh will continue to Thunder Monger the hobogoblin captain.

[roll0], for [roll1] piercing plus [roll2] thunder damage.

Lioslaith
2017-02-23, 07:09 AM
Posted edited for content and to fit within the allotted time.

Saint Jimmy
2017-02-24, 08:23 AM
Korlan's fire bolt missed, but the shot from the thunder canon tore through the already wounded Capitan's side, causing him to spin for awhile in the air from the force of the blow, blood spraying as he spun. Thankfully, his unconscious body quickly came to a stop in the air.

Running away, the hobgoblin soldier was not prepared for Moebius' whip made of electricity to spring forward, trying to capture him.
[roll0]

The lighting coiled around the soldier's chest, burning flesh and fur, pulling it towards Moebius. The soldier is at one hit point.

Kimhari
2017-02-24, 10:51 AM
Sword and shield in hand, Moebius stands in front of the would be fugitive and bellows
"Throw down your weapons. Lets get back to your Captain, there is no need for further bloodshed."

Saint Jimmy
2017-02-24, 12:03 PM
The hobgoblin does, without a word and shamefaced.

Vegan Squirrel
2017-02-24, 02:05 PM
Myxie curses as the hobgoblin captain successfully skewers the dwarf. Moments later, Myxie releases her magical grip on the now unconscious hobgoblin. He floats harmlessly to the ground. She draws her dagger and approaches him, glancing at her comrades.

"Shall I finish this scumbag, or did you have something else in mind?"

Kimhari
2017-02-24, 04:49 PM
"Hold on my gnome. If what this beast has said holds true then we may not be out of danger just yet."

Moebius turns to the injured hobgoblin and pulls some hempen rope from his backpack

"Alright, beast. Tie your leader down, and don't try anything tricky. We don't have much to lose by leaving your sorry self dead on the road."

theasl
2017-02-25, 02:35 PM
Now that the immediate danger is over, Korlan turns to the dead hobgoblin on the ground, and starts looking over the body for anything useful.

Examine the body, looking for gold, potions, written orders, anything that could be of use.

2D8HP
2017-02-25, 02:43 PM

Looks for arrows

Kimhari
2017-02-25, 04:01 PM
"Now what kind of attention disorder do you fellows possess? Someone retrieve that damned box they were looking for."

Vegan Squirrel
2017-02-25, 04:57 PM
"I'll see to that," replies the gnome.

Myxie darts into the cart, looking for the aforementioned box.

2D8HP
2017-02-25, 05:14 PM
This trip normally wouldn't be very dangerous, but I brought something very important with me, something that those of...lesser character might desire for themselves.

Del (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1110044) Did the Dwarf actually say it was a box?

Kimhari
2017-02-25, 05:40 PM
"He didn't have much time to say anything. It was Mr. Javelin over here who deemed it important enough to ambush a numerically superior foe. Anyone got any idea on how to wake him up soon?"

Saint Jimmy
2017-02-26, 08:41 AM
Korlan only finds 10 gold on the dead hobgoblin, and nothing beyond his bow, arrows, armor, shield, and sword, as the hobgoblin he ordered begins tying the capitan up. Del finds 27 arrows that could still be of use, and after a bit of searching, does not find a box, but does find a locked chest with chains and a padlock wrapping around it. There are also some aracane-looking runes etched into it.

2D8HP
2017-02-26, 09:10 AM
Calls the others,
This chest may be what the Dwarf meant by "something very important, that others want".

Kimhari
2017-02-26, 11:04 AM
Trying not to lose sight of the prisioners, Moebius asks Del and Myxie: "You think the Dwarf might be also carrying a key to that? I'm not sure we can get much help out of these guys."

2D8HP
2017-02-26, 11:32 AM

Maybe we should just bring it toTreavon's heirs, if he had any.

Sicarius Victis
2017-02-26, 12:59 PM
"If you're all fine with spending a few more minutes here, I could attempt to figure out what the item is."

Kimhari
2017-02-26, 05:54 PM
"Sure thing Densh, let me know if you need some help with that."

If possible I'll Help Densh'auh with his next ability check.

Lioslaith
2017-02-27, 07:30 AM
"He didn't have much time to say anything. It was Mr. Javelin over here who deemed it important enough to ambush a numerically superior foe. Anyone got any idea on how to wake him up soon?"

Kristan joins the others discussing the box. "I can wake the hobgoblin if you wish him awoken? Or at least heal him slightly so that he has a chance to awaken."

Vegan Squirrel
2017-02-27, 02:43 PM
While the others discuss unlocking the chest, the gnome wizard studies it intensely for a minute. Then she rotates her casting orb in her left palm, and another chest appears on the ground behind the cart, carefully placed to avoid the notice of the hobgoblins. Myxie compares the illusory chest to the real one, making sure all of the details look correct.

She gestures to Kristan with a wink. "If we have more run-ins with hobgoblins, I'm ready to bring some bait."

Myxie casts Minor Illusion (http://5e.d20srd.org/srd/spells/minorIllusion.htm), just to practice replicating the chest.

theasl
2017-02-28, 12:49 AM
Korlan picks up the 10 gold from the goblin, then approaches the rest of the party, around the chest. "So this is what those fools attacked us for? Let me see if I can figure out what those runes say."

[roll0] - I think this would count as Arcana? In that case +2. I'm hoping this isn't Explosive Runes! :smallbiggrin:

Sicarius Victis
2017-02-28, 01:19 AM
"Not a bad idea, Kristan. If I want to completely figure out what this is, I'd have to take a few minutes. Perhaps I could study this while you talk to the prisoner."

Heh, I'm not planning a skill check. I have something else (https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Identify#content)in mind...

Lioslaith
2017-02-28, 09:12 AM
Kristan heads over and checks the hobgoblins bindings to be sure they are tight and then lays his hands on him, muttering a prayer through clenched teeth. It irked him so to be healing this....thing.

If he's at zero hp he'll just give him 1, hopefully just enough to wake him up.

Saint Jimmy
2017-02-28, 04:55 PM
As Myixie practices her illusion, Kristan goes over to the hobgoblin capitan. After making sure the bindings were tight, he heals the creature, just enough so it can talk...
Or spit defiantly at him, as is this case.

However, the greatest discovery is made by Densh'auh. He discovers that

There is a Magic Mouth spell on the box, and the runes actually do not mean anything, which is extremely unsettling, given the fact that within the box there is a skull that radiates Evil. As you fight to overcome the wave of dread that comes off the object, you see that it has a nearly infinite supply of Create Undead spells on it, with a max of five charges per day. It appears to be invulnerable to all types of damage. You quickly wonder why on earth the dwarf had an item like this, and why in the nine hells he didn't even have any damn wards on it!

Kimhari
2017-02-28, 07:20 PM
Moebius kneels by the prisioners and trying to calm himself down he says:"Alright. That is enough. Why did you attack us? Did you know the dwarf? Are there more of you around?"

Saint Jimmy
2017-03-02, 04:34 PM
"We...wanted the box...

The hobgoblin spits out. Continuing, with a smirk, he says
"I...don't know who he was"
With clear emphasis on the "was".
Maybe...That dog Malereth promised us reinforcements, but they never came, so we were forced to fight alone...
Yeah, i tell you, if for no other reason then you can find him and kill him. You see, I don't like gettin' hung out to dry by my own "allies". He's hold up in a bunker he calls the "great hall". It's about a days March from here, going south.

Kimhari
2017-03-02, 08:35 PM
sigh....

"So fellows. I don't know about you, but I think we are in debt to this poor Dwarf. Do you think he took on this journey solely to move this box? Should we carry it on or avenge his death?"

2D8HP
2017-03-02, 08:41 PM

I"d say it's safest for us to get as far away from something the Hobgoblins want, but...
:sigh:
I fear that they may do some evil with whatever's inside, and just letting them have it would make us accomplishes.

Maybe we can bury it?

theasl
2017-03-02, 08:47 PM
Korlan is puzzled by the runes on the box, but he notices that the human is using magic to determine the properties of the box, and maybe whatever's inside. He wanders back to the rest of the group, who are now discussing what to do with the box.

"If the box is so important, I don't think we should leave it behind. That said, does anyone know what he intended to do with it - or what we should do with it now that he's...gone? He never breathed a word of that to me..."

2D8HP
2017-03-02, 09:12 PM
" He never breathed a word of that to me..."

Nor to me.
I know nothing about witchcr... er, Magic.

Lioslaith
2017-03-03, 09:52 AM
Kristan chimes in, "If we are to try and avenge a death I would suggest we not deliver the box to whomever it was, this ... Malreath? Burying it seems a reasonable option until we can deal with Malreath and can return for it."

Saint Jimmy
2017-03-04, 10:02 AM
Hearing your conversation, the hobgoblin speaks up.
Let me tell yuh somethin'. If Malereth wants it, chances are that you people want it hidden as far away from him as possible while you go kill him, so he can't use it. Me, I couldn't care less about it, but you all strike me as the type who do.

2D8HP
2017-03-04, 10:22 AM

(To Moebius)

Ask the Hobgoblin who or what "Malereth" is

Vegan Squirrel
2017-03-04, 10:59 AM
Myxie looks up to her companions, saying, "I think we should try to find out where Treavon was taking it, and complete the delivery. He knew this was a dangerous task, but one worth finishing. But we can deal with this Malereth first, if that's the consensus."

Kimhari
2017-03-04, 01:35 PM
Nodding towards Del, Moebius raises his voice on the prisioner
"Who or what is Malereth? Don't think for a second you'll coax me into doing your bidding, you are still not out of trouble as far as I'm concerned..."

He then turns towards the group, he tries not not be heard by the Hobgoblin: "I agree with Myxie though. Despite showing some reckless judgement before with that levitating stunt, completing this delivery is the best we can do until we know more about what is going on."

Saint Jimmy
2017-03-04, 09:43 PM
The hobgoblin says
"Malereth is the necromancer who gathered the local goblinoids together. He forces us to work for him, Doing raids to bring him fresh bodies for whatever experiment he is on at the moment. Anyone who disagrees dies.

To your comment about doing his bidding, he just gives you a smug grin.

Kimhari
2017-03-06, 05:17 AM
"Well I'm not sure I want anything to do with necromancers. I definitely didn't get paid enough for that. Lets just gather ourselves and set off to deliver the Dwarf's belongings"

Saint Jimmy
2017-03-06, 06:46 PM
Do the rest of you agree?

2D8HP
2017-03-06, 06:51 PM
Whatever we decide, it's probably safer to stay close together than it is to go seperate where we can be picked off one by one

theasl
2017-03-06, 06:52 PM
Korlan thinks for a bit, then nods. "We'd better be on the lookout for any more trouble, though, in case someone else tries to come for it."

Kimhari
2017-03-07, 05:25 AM
"Absolutely. But what should we do about these guys? I don't feel like letting them off just like that, it could be dangerous."

Lioslaith
2017-03-07, 11:03 AM
Kristan kneels before the tied up hobgoblin, "If we were to release you do you swear not to attack us again? We are, after all, possibly going to remove the source of your problems." He tilts his head and grins at the hobgoblin.

Saint Jimmy
2017-03-07, 07:53 PM
The unusually verbose hobgoblin looks at you, and snarls
"I hate your kind, I hate your freinds, and I hate you, Paladin."
the last word he sneers, as if it was some sort of insult.
"However, it doesn't matter how much I hate you, there is no way I could win a fight against all of you. Also, I wouldn't live to see you...how did your fighter friend say it?

Oh, yes. If I fought you and died, I wouldn't live to see a paladin do my bidding. No, I think I want to stay alive to see it.
On that rather frustrating note, the hobgoblin ends, with a smug mockery of Kristan's grin on his face, even through all the injuries he suffered in the fight.

Kimhari
2017-03-08, 06:23 AM
"This is ridiculous" Moebius says with a certain anxiety.... "Lets just get going, find walls behind we can patch up and think more clearly and then set out to solve this in our own terms"

Lioslaith
2017-03-08, 07:05 AM
"Agreed, Moebius. Let us be gone from this place." Kristan unties the hobgoblin, ignoring the insults and sneers.

Saint Jimmy
2017-03-09, 01:14 PM
After the hobgoblin walks away, you hear a voice from the box, most likely the Magic Mouth spell on it activating.
It says in the voice of Treavon"In this box is a horrible artifact. Get it to the The Sanctum of Kas the Betrayer, where it was made, you can destroy it.

Lioslaith
2017-03-09, 01:42 PM
Kristan krinkles up his nose at the thing, "Anyone know where that is located?"

Kimhari
2017-03-09, 01:58 PM
Names and places flying through his mind, Moebius concentrates on the words magically spoken...

Hmmm...The Sanctum of Kas.. It does ring a bell, but which one...?

Saint Jimmy
2017-03-09, 02:16 PM
Moebius knows that there is something on the Sanctum in the Library of Fallcrest, a large library run by a High Elf mage named Baeheaillan Lorefinder.

Kimhari
2017-03-09, 02:45 PM
A bright torch lit suddenly over Moebius' head:

"I think I've heard of it on one of my trips to Fallcrest", he said proudly. "I used to visit the library over there whenever I felt like learning something new. You won't find a larger lore collection this side of the Moon Hills, I can't imagine a better place to inquire about this sanctum."

Thinking for a moment he then adds:

"Worst case scenario, we could also visit the temples of Fallcrest for guidance."

Lioslaith
2017-03-09, 04:23 PM
"It seems we have at least a starting point now. Are we all ready to go?" Kristan makes himself ready to follow Moebius.

2D8HP
2017-03-09, 04:26 PM
Del (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1110044) Count me in, it's the right thing to do.

theasl
2017-03-09, 04:45 PM
Korlan
Mmh, to Fallcrest it is. Never been there before.

Saint Jimmy
2017-03-10, 04:06 PM
A few days march proves easy to get to Fallcrest. After your time guarding Treavon, the smells, sights, and sounds of the city assail you after a guard lets you in the gate. Walking down the street, the first few buildings you see are an inn called the Opaline Unicorn (which looks fairly "upper-class"), a few homes, and a temple that most likely contains multiple deities' alters. Walking further, you see a sign above a small, squat building. The sign simply reads
"Fallcrest library"

Sorry, I didn't know if you guys would want to head straight to the library or stop somewhere else. There is more in the city, but that's all you have seen so far.

Kimhari
2017-03-10, 07:25 PM
"Well there it is...! I know it doesn't seem like much, but I do kind of recall some information on sanctums of some sort being found here. So don't mind me if I go right in, and ask the Elf in charge for help. Hopefully he is still around... You fellows feel free to join me or find us some place to rest."

Saint Jimmy
2017-03-12, 08:14 PM
As you walk in the library, you are immediately hit with the smell of old, musty books, many of them containing some sort of arcane spell or theorem. You have some trouble navigating through the piles of dusty tomes and shelves of large, leather-bound volumes, but eventually make your way to the front desk, where a female elf introduces herself as Baeheaillan Lorefinder, asking
"What can I help you find? I hope my library isn't too cluttered, we just got s large assortment of new books. This floor is nothing compared to the upstairs, though, She says with a laugh.

Kimhari
2017-03-13, 11:15 AM
"A cluttered library is a good library, nothing to apologize for!" Said Moebius rather pleased to be once again in familiar territory. "Good evening Lady Lorefinder, I believe we had met before, though this time I'm not looking for battle manuals, but rather anything you could help us with regarding Sanctums, or some entity by the name of Kas"

Saint Jimmy
2017-03-13, 08:35 PM
"Well,"the elf replied, "I'm sure you know that a sanctum is a sacred place, or a private place where most people cannot enter.
Gliding up the stairs, she leads you to a large, musty, leather bound volume.
This book has something on a man named Kas, the cleric of some vile god of undeath. The book isn't useful for much becuase a lot of it is basicly just a manual for creating undead and other foul things. Makes me shudder to
look at sometimes, but it does have something about a "sanctum" in it somewhere in the hills. You can check it out, but I'm going to have to put wards on certain parts. Forgive me for that, but the last person who checked it out, about 15 years ago, used it for rather nefarious purposes. I had to call in a group of wandering Knights Templar to drive him away and recover the book, but he escaped to somewhere in the woods from what I heard.
Anyway, would you like to check it out? It has more detailed directions then I can remember.

Kimhari
2017-03-14, 05:35 AM
"I can't say that either necromancy or geography have ever been my preferred subjects, but sure, I'd like to give the tome a look.

I wonder though.. Has that episode 15 years ago resulted in any lasting consequences? Could we be dealing now with its aftermath?"

If possible, I'd do an Intelligence (History) check:
[roll0]

Also, have we rested?

Saint Jimmy
2017-03-14, 08:01 AM
Hesitantly, the elf replied "there's no way to be certain, especially since I do not know what know the problem you are dealing with. However, i would say that it's definitely possible."

Since you traveled for a few days, you would have rested at least once in that period of time.

Kimhari
2017-03-15, 06:25 PM
"We were attacked on the way to deliver some strange box. Some hobgoblins thought it was worth to die for. Can't say I found it much interesting, but I'm not as magic inclined as some of my more... absent... companions."

sigh...

"Alright, nevermind. I'm still interested in that book of yours, warded or not. Will you be needing something in return?"

Saint Jimmy
2017-03-15, 11:04 PM
"Just a deposit of 40 gold pieces. It's an extremely steep price for a book, but it's to ensure that I get it back eventually, so people can't misuse it. Hardly failsafe, but better then nothing. Good luck on your quest, Moebius, I do hope you and your companions succeed."

Vegan Squirrel
2017-03-16, 10:26 AM
The gnome wizard addresses Baehaeillan with gnomely curiosity. "What kind of wards are you using?" I'm always interested in learning more about protective magic."

She eyes the tomes scattered about, excited by what secrets might be lurking in this unfamiliar library.

Kimhari
2017-03-16, 10:33 AM
Trying not that hard to not be heard, Moebius speaks to his closest companion:

"Listen Myxie, I'm not going to lie. I don't think I care 40 gold pieces about this place. And I can't afford them anyway. What do you want to do?"

2D8HP
2017-03-16, 09:55 PM
I'm not going to lie. I don't think I care 40 gold pieces about this place. And I can't afford them anyway. What do you want to do?"

if it's just a deposit, I can pitch some coin in, and if we need more, maybe we can find a likely tavern, and pass a hat around, while I play a tune or three?

theasl
2017-03-16, 10:42 PM
Korlan:

"Sorry, my mind must have wandered off for a moment...I've got 10 gold that I found on that dead bandit. We can put it to much better use here."

Kimhari
2017-03-17, 11:23 AM
"Well, I've got another 15 gp. We are getting close I think"

2D8HP
2017-03-17, 11:29 AM
with my 10gp, that should be enough, but we may want to earn some more so we may eat and sleep inside!

Vegan Squirrel
2017-03-18, 10:39 AM
"It's a steep price, but if we can't get this book back here safely, we probably won't be in any shape to worry about gold." Myxie eyes the others, grasping her coin purse and mentally weighing it. "I can pitch in another 15."

Kimhari
2017-03-18, 02:49 PM
"I guess its settled then, we are checking out the book. I have to say dealing with these kind of darkness puts me on edge, lets make sure no one has followed us, shall we?"

Saint Jimmy
2017-03-19, 03:11 PM
"Very well," says the elf as she runs a finger over the book, causing it to glow for a brief second.
"I just deactivated the wards that will go off if someone leaves the premises. Good luck with your mission, and coke back sometime!" she says, with a look of worry in her eyes and a smile that did nothing to hide said worry.

You do not see anyok following you.

Kimhari
2017-03-20, 05:40 AM
"Alright then. I'd say to head back to that Unicorn inn we had seen before, but I'm guessing we won't be able to afford our stay there. Lets explore the city some more until we find some accomodation for the night, shall we?"

2D8HP
2017-03-20, 06:40 AM
once we're there why don't I pass a hat around, while I play a tune or three?

By popular demand feature (page 130 of PHB)

Saint Jimmy
2017-03-21, 07:45 AM
The Opaline Unicorn is a very "upper-class" establishment, but are more then willing to allow you all to eat and stay there for free as long as Del keeps performing due to the crowds he drives in. Is there anything you want to do there before retrieving for the night?

Kimhari
2017-03-21, 08:25 AM
I don't think so, other than taking care of the box, and perusig the book.

Saint Jimmy
2017-03-22, 03:57 PM
The next morning you set out, marching across the road. The Sanctum is only a few days away, so as you travel through the forest, you spend 3 days worth of rations. However, streams are abundant, so you do not need to keep track of water for the travel.

You walk in the daytime, and sleep under the stars. For some of you, it is refreshing to be on a real quest, to really help someone. The forest you see around you reminds you of the life with fighting for, and the stars seem as points of lights sent from the gods, assuring you that you are doing right.

However, others of you are more apprehensive. A "doombox" and necromancers? You didn't sign up for something like that! However, you continue, through the forest where it looks like shadows are reaching for you, even though your sleep is restless from seeing the night sky, where the stars seem to be only tiny points of light in the vast, profound, and uncaring night.

Towards the late afternoon of the third day, you can tell that you are getting closer by the unnatural reddening of the sky.
After about another hour of traveling, you finally approach the Sanctum of Kas. A looming tower, blacker then night stands before you, irregular and and jagged spires spires jutt upwards into the deep, red sky, looking as if they peirced the heavens, which are now covered in blood. Chains with grisly human remains circle the tower, like morbid, horrible versions of the glowing Yuletide lights that circle the Artificer's Guild building on the Winter Solstice.

Advancing carefully, you see two large, obsidian doors with blasphemous carvings on them. Chained to those doors is the cobweb-coated skeleton of a Minotaur, with a rusty great axe sitting off to the side, collecting dust nearby. At a place like this, you aren't even really surprised when the skeleton begins to rise, green eyes glowing with the hatred of all life. With a shuddering lurch, it shatters the rusted shackles holding it in place, as it opens one of the doors. Lumbering out of that is a ogre zombie, disgusting bulk turned even more grotesque with undeath. It lumbers out of the doorway as it's fellow guardian picks up it's axe, ready to kill the intruders.

Initiative:
Kristan: [roll0]
Moebius: [roll1]
Densh'auh: [roll2]
Korlan: [roll3]
Myixie: [roll4]
Del: [roll5]

Minotaur Skeleton and Ogre Zombue used their turns to move out/escape chains and open door and grab weapon, so initiative order is
1. Del
2. Korlan
3. Kristan
4. Moebius
5. Densh'auh
6. Myixie.
7. Minotaur Skeleton
8. Ogre Zombie
Map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LIQjyzoums2Bz7LCkXWIQgQs9ygWRnKlyzwhEVi9ID0/edit#gid=0

2D8HP
2017-03-22, 06:51 PM
Del
AC:15, HP:27
(https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1110044)
*fingers dice on string round neck*

Please smile on us once again m'lady!

Stay out of melee range and fire arrows!

theasl
2017-03-22, 07:15 PM
Korlan looks up at the giant undead minotaur and ogre. "Why can't there ever be an easy job", he mumbles, then launches into a spell.

Cast Fire Bolt at...I dunno. 1 for the zombgre, 2 for the skeletaur. [roll0]

Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

edit: :smallmad:

Kimhari
2017-03-23, 05:44 AM
Before charging head first, Moebius takes a second to think about what happened last time and realizes he'd rather not repeat anything that could lead to sustaining that kind of wounds so quickly. He takes a place by the sorcerer, eager to learn from whoever doesn't get hurt as much.

"Alright fellows, I've prepared something else this time. Lets try to keep our distance" He says as a ball of lightning energy pools around his fist. Once large enough, he hurls it at the once Minotaur, hoping to have learned something from the last fight.

Cast Chromatic Orb (Lightning) at the Minotaur Skeleton
Damage: [roll1] (Lightning)

Lioslaith
2017-03-23, 07:40 AM
Kristan casts Shield of Faith on himself.

Sicarius Victis
2017-03-24, 08:16 AM
Densh'auh will step back and fire a Thunder Monger shot at the skeleton.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Vegan Squirrel
2017-03-26, 10:13 AM
Myxie gulps. "Keeping our distance sounds like an excellent idea."

She raises her casting orb and launches flames at the minotaur skeleton, backing away as she does so.

Action: Myxie casts Fire bolt (http://5e.d20srd.org/srd/spells/fireBolt.htm), targeting the minotaur skeleton.
Move: Myxie retreats 25 ft. straight backward

[roll0]
[roll1]

As before, I'm assuming Myxie would have cast Mage armor (http://5e.d20srd.org/srd/spells/mageArmor.htm) hours before getting to this point.

Saint Jimmy
2017-03-26, 12:20 PM
Unfortuantely, Del's plea to Luck went unanswered, as his arrow and Korlan's fire bolt only barely grazed the zombie, and all of his companion's attacks missed and defaced the doors behind the two hulking monstrosities.
Even more unfortunately, the monsters charged forwards right into the midst of the heroes, thinking of nothing except their abominable craving for flesh.
the zombie ogre rushes at Kristan, swinging it's morningstar into his side,
[roll0]
[roll1]

as the minotaur charges at Del, brutally goring him with it's horns.

[roll]d20+6[/roll}
[roll2]
(2d8 was added to the damage roll because of the skeleton's Charge ability)
OK redoing attack roll OOC
2d8, you need to roll a DC 14 strength saving throw to avoid falling prone.

2D8HP
2017-03-26, 12:51 PM
Redoing the attack roll against Del

Attack:(d20+6)[21]

Damage:(4d8+4)[14]

Unfortuantely, Del's plea to Luck.....
2d8, you need to roll a DC 14 strength saving throw to avoid falling prone.

[QUOTE=2D8HP;21838550]Del
AC:15, HP:27/13
Strength save:[roll0]

theasl
2017-03-26, 04:26 PM
Seeing the two undead beasts charging towards them and hitting with their attacks, Korlan steps up and lets a stream of fire loose from his hands.

Korlan (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1099371)

Move diagonally up-right, to the spot right in front of Moebius, so that nobody is caught in the AoE, you're welcome :smallwink:
Cast Burning Hands (15 ft cone up, which will hit both); enemies get DC13 dex save for half damage. Damage: [roll0] (EDIT: wow, that's...very average.)

If Korlan is attacked, cast Shield as a reaction to boost his AC to 20 for the rest of the turn.

Kimhari
2017-03-27, 03:24 PM
"Looks to be too late to keep our distance..." Moebius says with an aprehension that is quickly turnt to relief as sorcerer doesn't hit him with his spell.
"Good thinking Korlan, lets make use of their grouping".

As his blade lights on fire once more, Moebius moves to the sorcerer's side, face to face with the Minotaur who had already once dodged his attack.

Cast Green Flame Blade on the Minotaur Skeleton

If hits, green fire leaps to the Ogre Zombie for 3 fire damage.

Vegan Squirrel
2017-03-27, 08:46 PM
Seeing her fire attacks fail, Myxie turns to another tactic. She raises her orb and targets the ground their undead foes are standing on, coating it in magical grease. She cautiously continues her retreat.

Action: Myxie casts Grease (http://5e.d20srd.org/srd/spells/grease.htm), targeting the squares the minotaur skeleton and ogre zombies are standing on. They get DC 13 Dexterity saves to avoid falling prone.

Move: She continues to retreat, moving another 25 ft. back to stay out of melee danger.

Lioslaith
2017-03-28, 09:12 AM
Kristan snarls at the undead ogre and smacks it with a smite.

[roll0]

[roll1]

[roll2]

2D8HP
2017-03-28, 10:26 AM
Del
AC:15, HP:27/13
tries to escape the Minotaur

Sicarius Victis
2017-03-30, 02:41 PM
Hoping to distract the Minotaur, Densh'auh fires yet another shot at it, because that's basically all he can do anyways.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Saint Jimmy
2017-03-31, 08:46 AM
Scrambling backwards, Del evades me he Minotaur and stands up, as Korlan scorched the creatures with flames as Kristan and Moebius delivered solid blows against the Minotaur Skeleton, chopping bones off the monstrosity.
Waiting until her companions' attacks were finished, Myixie then cast a spell filling the ground around the abominations with grease causing them to slip and fall. However, that did not stop their horrendous attack, their craving for flesh overriding any common sense the creatures may have had in their previous lives.

The ogre attempts to throttle Kristan with it's Morningstar, but he barely managed to block it on his shield,

(Disadvantage from being prone)
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

As the Minotaur Skeleton crawls forward and clumsily swings its giant axe at Moebius, who was caught off guard as the axe bit into him.

(Disadvantage from prone)
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Minotaur:27 HP
Ogre: 66 HP

2D8HP
2017-03-31, 09:51 AM
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/schwab/images/5/56/Kell_-_skribblr.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150817134214

Del the Swashbuckler
AC:15 (Studded Leather) HP:27/13
Initiative:+6 Speed:30ft. Passive Perception:13 (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1110044)

Dashes back 60' turns and shoots an arrow at the Minotaur!

Cunning Action for movement.

Eat steel you walking burger!

Lioslaith
2017-03-31, 10:00 AM
The blow barely missing crushing Kristans skull as he raises his shield in time, he turns and attacks the minotaur once again, looking to fell at least one foe.

[roll0]

[roll1]

[roll2]

Kimhari
2017-03-31, 10:58 AM
It took all of Moebius' wit to realize the minotaur had gone past his classical defenses on time. As the axe was biting into his armour, he managed to cast a magical barrier to prevent further damage. His magical reserves spent, he went back to the fiery attack he could still conjure with his sword.

Cast Shield as a reaction
Cast Green Flame Blade on the Minotaur Skeleton

If hits, 3 Fire damage jump into the Ogre if they are still adjacent.

theasl
2017-03-31, 01:33 PM
After his fire spell hits home, Korlan grips his staff with both hands and strikes at the skeletaur, hoping to crush its dusty bones in.

Not sure if the map is updated; if it is, move to a spot from which he can attack the skeletaur.
Attack skeletaur with staff: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] x2 for skeleton vulnerability to bludgeoning --> 16

If attacked, cast Shield as a reaction to raise AC to 20 for the rest of the turn etc. etc.

Vegan Squirrel
2017-04-03, 03:12 PM
Myxie launches a fire bolt towards the ogre zombie, eager to make more of a difference in the fight. "Come on," she says to herself, "hit your target!"

Action: Casts Fire bolt (http://5e.d20srd.org/srd/spells/fireBolt.htm), targeting the ogre zombie.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Move: She merely moves left enough to get a better line of sight at the ogre for the attack.

Sicarius Victis
2017-04-03, 04:22 PM
Densh'auh blasts the ogre, then.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Saint Jimmy
2017-04-04, 08:37 AM
Del sprinted backwards, firing off an arrow that sunk right between the already minotaur's knee joint and lower leg, crippling it and forcing it to the ground, where Korlan gave a solid blow to the back of it's head, knocking the skill clean off.

Meanwhile, Kristan and Moebius launched a coordinated attack on the ogre, slicing off chunks of flesh from it as Densh'auh's thunder cannon roared, its bucket tearing through the ogre's chest, spewing undead filth onto the paladin and fighter.

Still fighting even with the hopeless odds and still on the ground, the ogre again swings his Morningstar clumsily, missing Moebius by about a foot.

(Disadvantage)
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
The zombogre is at 28 hp.

Kimhari
2017-04-04, 11:07 AM
Feelingn lucky, Moebius strikes against the remaining enemy:

2D8HP
2017-04-04, 11:24 AM
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/schwab/images/5/56/Kell_-_skribblr.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150817134214

Initiative:+6 Speed:30ft. Passive Perception:13 (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1110044)

Shoots an arrow at the Ogre

Lioslaith
2017-04-04, 01:13 PM
Kristan shakes the undead goo off and makes an attack on the Ogre lying at his feet.

Don't forget if you are adjacent to the prone individual you get advantage on the attack, otherwise you get disadvantage.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]

theasl
2017-04-04, 05:27 PM
Korlan turns to the zombogre and gives it a hearty smack with his staff too.

If needed, move to a spot from which he can attack the zombogre.
Attack zombogre with staff: [roll0] 20 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?515160-The-Wrath-of-Hits-on-the-Questgiver-OOC&p=21883169#post21883169)

If attacked, cast Shield to raise AC to 20 etc. etc.

Kimhari
2017-04-05, 05:59 AM
So, should I roll attack again? If so, [roll0]

Vegan Squirrel
2017-04-06, 09:47 AM
Myxie launches another fire bolt at the zombie ogre, eager to finish it.

Action: Casts Fire bolt (http://5e.d20srd.org/srd/spells/fireBolt.htm).
[roll0]
[roll1]

Saint Jimmy
2017-04-07, 08:05 AM
Del's arrow caught the ogre in the side, while Moebius and Kristan each took off an arm with their blows. When it was dis-armed, *ba dum psss* Korlan gave it a solid whack to the head, smashing the skull and causing its brains to burst out.

The doorway to the foul Sanctum is open, almost as if it is waiting for you to enter. What do you do?

Lioslaith
2017-04-07, 12:43 PM
"Is everyone alright? Anyone down after that?" Kristan shakes the gore off himself and his weapon, checking with the others to see if anyone needs healing.

theasl
2017-04-07, 01:25 PM
"Eurrgh, as if normal ogre brains weren't bad enough..." Korlan mutters as he wipes his staff as clean as he can. Then, in response to Kristan, "Looks like we're all still standing." Korlan turns to the gaping maw of the Sanctum warily, as if he expects it to disgorge more foul beasts in a moment.

2D8HP
2017-04-07, 01:26 PM
Del
The Rogue (Swashbuckler)

"I'm injured.
That thing hurt me bad"

Kimhari
2017-04-10, 06:34 AM
"An expected outcome of battle, my friend. Lets keep our eyes sharp and try to avoid getting surprised again. That bow of yours will fare much better if we can pick our enemies from afar"

Lioslaith
2017-04-10, 12:33 PM
Kristan walks by Del, laying a hand on his shoulder as he does, the warmth flowing through his hand in into Del's body, restoring him back to full health.

Lay on Hands 14 hp out of the 15 hp pool.

2D8HP
2017-04-10, 12:37 PM
Del
The Rogue (Swashbuckler)

"Thank you"

Kimhari
2017-04-11, 03:22 PM
"Good job, lets not linger here any longer"

Sicarius Victis
2017-04-11, 05:07 PM
"I can't argue with that. This place feels like death,
I'd rather not be here any longer than I have to."

theasl
2017-04-11, 05:15 PM
"Well, I guess we're going to have to go in to get rid of this...thing." Korlan points out towards the wagon and the doombox perched happily on it. "We'd better get moving, before more of those monsters come out."

Saint Jimmy
2017-04-12, 11:08 AM
As you enter the Sanctum, a figure steps out from behind the pillar. He is a tall, gaunt man wearing a hooded robe, and he speaks in a voice reminiscent of the crackling pages of an ancient tomb. He speaks, saying
Who are you, and why have you entered this unho-

WHAT IS THAT? he shouts, pointing at the box. Regaining his composure, he adds "We were scheduled to receive a magic artifact a few days ago. Is that it? If so, why in the Nine Hells does it only have some paint and chains on it?"

Kimhari
2017-04-14, 08:47 AM
Well... I'm not sure what else it is supposed to have, we found it like that. But who are you?

theasl
2017-04-15, 04:53 PM
Korlan growls a little at the man, but stays silent for now. However, he looks around to get a better picture of the entryway and to spot any other figures, just in case the man or anyone else turns hostile.

Let me know if anything needs to be rolled.

Saint Jimmy
2017-04-17, 08:39 AM
Still coughing, he says I am Ealdwulf, cleric of Kelemvor. I apologize for my rather pallid appearance, I was fighting a mummy a few days ago on the way here. I am here to retrieve that artifact, a dwarf promised to deliver it. It can only be destroyed in the place it was created, and only Kelemvor is willing to put the tortured souls powering the thing to rest.
With that he begins coughing, so badly that he has to double over. However, it doesn't stop. He falls to his knees, now hacking up blood. However, he managed to get out
"Find the alter it was made on... to destroy it, you need t- before he began coughing up blood again.
Before anyone can do anything, he is dead, and the air in the Sanctum echoes as if it was laughing.

Lioslaith
2017-04-17, 10:33 AM
Kristan shoulders his way to the man, trying to at least give him a shot at life, but once he lays hands on him he knows. The divine power does not flow from him, nothing is taken, the man is gone. "Dead, I can do nothing for him."

Kimhari
2017-04-18, 05:54 AM
"What a shame..." Moebius says between deep sighs. "We should however try to make the best out of this situation. He said Kelemvor, right? Is there anything this tells us about the box? Why is it so important to clerics? I'm not in too much of a rush to destroy an acient artifact we could still learn a lot from."

I belive Sicarius Victis hasn't told us anything about what he detected, should we assume we know anyway?

Sicarius Victis
2017-04-19, 01:16 AM
"I must admit, I'm not particularly familiar with the deities of this land, so if this god Kelemvor is really the only one willing to put the souls to rest, does that say more about him or more about the other gods?"

Yeah, Densh'auh would have said what it did after the Identify and the interrogation were both finished.

Kimhari
2017-04-19, 05:30 AM
"In any case, we better get ready to deal with some mummies"

theasl
2017-04-19, 08:14 PM
Korlan relaxes, but only a little bit. "Poor man...but there's nothing we can do for him now. If we are to destroy that...thing, we have to find this altar he mentioned. Anyone know where it is?"

I feel bad for suggesting this, but maybe we should search his body for a map or something...

2D8HP
2017-04-20, 07:49 AM
Del
The Rogue (Swashbuckler)

Okay, I'll bite
"Maybe he has a map on him?"

Searches pockets

Saint Jimmy
2017-04-20, 08:49 AM
In the mans pockets, you find what you presume is Kelemvor's holy symbol, a pendant with a skeletal hand holding up perfectly balanced scales. There's also 20 gold pieces and yes, a very crude and unfinished map of the area, which should lead you to the alter. (Supposedly in the heart of the Sanctum) However, there are other passageways and it may take awhile to get that deep into the ancient structure.

I will try to draw a map and post it at home when I have time tonight.

Lioslaith
2017-04-21, 06:00 AM
"I think it may be wise to at least rest a bit before we chase after mummies, yes?"

theasl
2017-04-22, 01:14 PM
"I think it may be wise to at least rest a bit before we chase after mummies, yes?"

"I can still go fine, but if anyone else needs to rest and heal up, that's probably best. Someone should keep watch though, in case they come to us."

Saint Jimmy
2017-04-26, 11:38 AM
Ok, so I feel like there really isn't a good way to say this, so I'll just go out and say it I guess.

I don't know why, (and I'm sure you've all noticed) that I have been losing intrest in this game for awhile now. I'm fine with being a normal player in PbP, but DMing it is just not really interesting at all for me. Maybe it has to do with GMing a bunch of stuff IRL, maybe it's that it's harder to keep a PbP game interesting. Its defenitely not your guys' fault though. I want to thank you all for playing in this, even with my steady loss of intrest. However, I'm going to have to now say that becuase of that loss of intrest and preparation that goes into DMing doesn't really work well with already running a game for friends and steadily growing IRL responsibilities (more homework heading up to finals, studying, and then my first job over the summer) I'm going to have to stop DMing this game. I'm really sorry if you were enjoying the game.

2D8HP
2017-04-26, 11:50 AM
http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/9314/24302342.c9/0_8ac67_eb61cb6e_orig

It was fun while it lasted.

Thanks for the good times.

Maybe we'll meet you as a player!

theasl
2017-04-26, 12:28 PM
Aww, it was great while it lasted. Thanks and good luck with your school and work!

Sicarius Victis
2017-04-26, 05:49 PM
It's too bad this had to be cut short. It was a fun and interesting adventure, what little I know of what was intended to come next was fun and interesting as well, and you were a pretty good DM, too. But I can understand that you're not able to continue it, and I can get that.

Hope you all have fun with your other games, everyone. And good luck with your stuff, Jimmy.

Saint Jimmy
2017-04-26, 07:57 PM
Thanks to all of you. I really loved your characters, I regret that we won't have more time to see them in action. I also hope to see you guys in other games. For those of you who were new to 5e I hope it was a good intro!

Kimhari
2017-04-27, 05:27 AM
It was! Thanks a lot!