PDA

View Full Version : Player Help [3.5] Paladin build help

DariusTheGish
2017-02-15, 08:53 PM
Hello first time posting. I need help with where to go with my current level 4 paladin. I was thinking of going Paladin 4/Favored soul 1/Bone Knight 9/Contemplative 6 this allows me more spell casting than a base paladin and with divine power BAB wont be an issue.

Unfortunately the first 4 paladins levels are none negotiable as I have already taken them, I do realize cleric would have been a better choice for entry into bone knight but what's done is done.

As to my question is paladin 4/favored soul 1/bone knight 9/ Contemplative 6 viable or am I just gimping myself if I am looking for a divine gish like character/ paladin of wee jas.

Darrin
2017-02-16, 08:39 AM
As to my question is paladin 4/favored soul 1/bone knight 9/ Contemplative 6 viable or am I just gimping myself if I am looking for a divine gish like character/ paladin of wee jas.

Paladin 4/Crusader 1/Ruby Knight Vindicator 10?

What sourcebooks are available? Online sources ok? Dragon Magazine?

What sort of combat strategy do you prefer? Do you want a two-handed beatstick? Are you looking to buff, BFC, tank, DPS, or something else?

DariusTheGish
2017-02-16, 07:57 PM
Thanks for the reply.

Allowed books
All of the complete "x" books, player handbook 1 and 2, and then classes on a case by case basis (such as the bone knight).

Explicitly banned books
-Tome of Battle (so sad crusader looks awesome)

Preferred combat strategy
I like being durable and having versatility/options in battle, I am currently using sword and board and full plate but I can easily switch to a great sword. My main roll in the party is currently to tank, but I would like to up either my damage or utility. My current issue with paladin is that I am not interested in mounted combat (lots of damage potential but not my thing) and I have very limited options in a fight and I DESPISE dead levels.Spells could give me more options and multi classing means something new each level. I am going bone knight so that I can "Fall" from lawful good to lawful neutral without losing all of my paladin abilities and the favored soul is for access to spontaneous casting as well as 7th level spells. Everything after bone knight 8 is just caster level progression I figured contemplative would be good for the extra domains.