PDA

View Full Version : Restrictions on Devotion feats?

SangoProduction
2017-02-16, 02:27 AM
Last campaign I was in, we had an absolute glut of free feats, and I had nothing to spend them on, so I wanted Devotion feats. That's when the DM said Complete Champion says you can only take 2, even if you use feats. Is this true? Considered I haven't even found mention of the devotion feats, I can't say personally.

torrasque666
2017-02-16, 02:40 AM
Well if you're looking for a section called "Devotion Feats", you'll look forever. They're called Domain Feats.

Page 52 of Complete Champion does state that you can only take 2, unless you are a cleric who decides to give up a domain (power and spell access) for the matching (or similar) feat. Then you can have three. But only up to three, and the way its worded can make both "can only give up one" and "can give up multiple domains, but can't have more than three feats" valid interpretations.

SangoProduction
2017-02-16, 03:16 AM
OK cool. ty.

Dagroth
2017-02-16, 03:22 AM
Last campaign I was in, we had an absolute glut of free feats, and I had nothing to spend them on, so I wanted Devotion feats. That's when the DM said Complete Champion says you can only take 2, even if you use feats. Is this true? Considered I haven't even found mention of the devotion feats, I can't say personally.

Heritage feats are cool, but almost always ignored because of the small number of feats you get in the game.