PDA

View Full Version : Murloc-themed Malconvoker?

SangoProduction
2017-02-16, 09:07 AM
So, if anyone knows of Heroes of the Storm, they know of a certain cancer of a hero that is getting reworked and buffed to oblivion and back. His signature ability is March of the March of the Murlocs, where he calls forth a bunch of murlocs from the abyss to run in to attack the enemies, killing themselves in the process.

So, to properly emulate this cancer in D&D....Amphibious...uh...Kender. Yeah. That'll work. Probably with a repeating trap of Contingent [Resurrection spell].

Now...is there a way to apply the Amphibious template to demons you summon? Or other...Well, I guess Spell Thematics... But that just affects the spell, not neccesarily what it summons? Anyway, besides DM fiat, is there another template you could apply to your summons that make them look like fishy bastards?

Uncle Pine
2017-02-16, 09:39 AM
As far as I know, the only templates that can be applied on the fly to summoned monsters are anarchic, axiomatic, entropic and vivacious (all from Planar Handbook).

Maybe you can refluff nanobots to make a robotic Murky with small robotic murlocs?

SangoProduction
2017-02-16, 06:06 PM
As far as I know, the only templates that can be applied on the fly to summoned monsters are anarchic, axiomatic, entropic and vivacious (all from Planar Handbook).

Maybe you can refluff nanobots to make a robotic Murky with small robotic murlocs?

Nanobots? What?

Uncle Pine
2017-02-16, 06:26 PM
Nanobots? What?

Nanobots, also known as what reminds you that the Aid Another action exists. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16924281&postcount=8)

Matrota
2017-02-16, 08:07 PM
You can always use the rules for spell creation and make a powerful summon monster/summon nature's ally variant that summons tons of low CR creatures at a high spell level instead of one high CR creature at a high spell level. Though for the desired effect that's gonna likely be at least two spell casts for a true horde of them.

Coretron03
2017-02-16, 08:28 PM
Nanobots, also known as what reminds you that the Aid Another action exists. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16924281&postcount=8)

Shoot, Now I want to mkae something simliar in pathfinder. Blood moneyed permancied animate objects VII for 64 tiny objects per casting here I come!

SangoProduction
2017-02-17, 05:25 AM
You can always use the rules for spell creation and make a powerful summon monster/summon nature's ally variant that summons tons of low CR creatures at a high spell level instead of one high CR creature at a high spell level. Though for the desired effect that's gonna likely be at least two spell casts for a true horde of them.

Just keep casting summons, and pretend you have the level 20 talent to keep channeling the murlocs!