PDA

View Full Version : Post-war sandbox, Team Black IC

J-H
2017-02-16, 10:39 AM
Geography
Bruxum
The kingdom of Bruxum is near the northern coast of the only civilized continent in the world (you don’t know much about any other continents at this time). It’s an upland area, elevated 3,000-6,000’ above most of the rest of the continent, and protected from the plains and areas below by the mountain range known as the “Forest of Rocks.”

The eastern and northern sides are slightly higher altitude; the western end slopes down and eventually reaches the sea.

Angels, demons, undead, wizards, dragons, elves, dwarves, humans, bandits, monsters, and others all afflicted this area like any other, and it was rocked by a number of earthquakes during and after the war. The capital of Elmal suffered the worst, although that was not precisely an earthquake.

Elmal
Formerly fortified, Elmal was the capital of the upland kingdom of Bruxum. Was perched on mesa, surrounded by water on two sides. Undermined somehow, almost all of the top of the Mesa, and much of the rock under it, slid off into into the sea and was lost. Once a great source of fish, it seems no fishing boats ply the waters any more.

Major roads lead east, west, and north out of Elmal, as well as around the sea and to the south. There are, of course, secondary roads in numerous directions.

Ash Mountains
North and West of Elmal.

Formerly the home of numerous dwarf-holds and mines, as well as a few dragons up in the peaks, the once-green sides of the mountains have been blasted and coated with grey ash. Volcanoes that once warmed the high mountains were turned into weapons during the war. Repeated detonated for tactical advantage (by both defenders and attackers on multiple sides) created more and more instability until there are now numerous active volcanoes.

The dwarves depended partly on their herds (grazed on the hillsides and slopes) for food, so any who survived may be hungry.

Cold Land
East and North of Elmal.

East and north of the ash mountains lie the cold lands, a hilly region of higher altitude. The northern borders of the Cold Land reach up into the northern oceans like a finger, and contain mountains made of ice that never melt. It’s not well-populated by normal folk. The ice mountains never fully melt, but they also never fully freeze. This area is the source of most of the rivers that water the eastern parts of Bruxum, making it a fertile place for agriculture.

To the South of Elmal
The Forest of Rocks is not friendly to travelers who lack a way to climb or fly, and is thus not suitable for most military forces or merchants. The main trade route with the rest of the continent is either ocean trade, or down the South Road. Paralleling the Hedetet river, caravans could travel up- or down-grade. The river itself even had great magically-created locks worked by water elementals, enabling great barges to bypass the waterfalls and travel downstream (or, with effort, upstream). The locks have existed since before Bruxum was founded, but the precise identity of their creators is lost.

East Bruxum
Elmal sits near the middle of the kingdom. The eastern half of Elmal contains several rivers. It’s mildly hilly, with rich, fertile soil (possibly from the occasional volcano eruption upwind in what are now the Ash Mountains), and was the breadbasket of the kingdom. The soil and availability of water help compensate for the cold winters.

There were a number of forested areas (inhabited), as well as numerous small farming villages, local trading downs, noble manors, wizard towers, etc. People may change, but the land does not; the ruins of older hill-fortresses and other things may be found, although anything that can be found easily has long since been found.

Group Black starts here, on the road, 10 days east of Elmal.

West Bruxum
Lacking the large rivers of East Bruxum, West Bruxum tends to more of a rolling grassland environment used for herds, although trees with low moisture requirements certainly grow there as well. There are also areas with regionally high water tables, or that collect sufficient runoff from rains to have surface water year-round. Figs, grapes, peaches, and other fruit trees meant that West Bruxum generally supplied the fruits and preserves, as well as the meat and the cheese, to go with the staple crops produced to the east. The drier terrain and more varied altitude mean that there are a number of rocky hills and caves.

West Bruxum slopes down towards the ocean, and had the second-busiest trading highway after the South Road.

J-H
2017-02-16, 10:44 AM
Reserved for future use.

J-H
2017-02-19, 08:35 AM
Night 1

After years of neglect, the east road is beginning to show wear and tear. Grass and weeds are springing up where dust and ashes have settled, leaving the road bumpier than it should be. A few paving stones along the edge are starting to tilt, creating small shadows in the light of the full moon.

Half of the road just ahead has cratered, and a series of stone rectangles just to the right of the crater are all that remains of a set of buildings, possibly a guard post or a small inn. Looking south from the ruins, you see a leveled area that runs in the distance; it appears to go up a hill towards some sort of taller structure that sticks up like a finger, blocking the stars.

The wind is from the north, and Brutus’ nostrils flare as he smells roasting meat. Someone upwind is probably cooking.

Where will you go?

=> Party

bcool999
2017-02-22, 01:36 AM
As the wind brings the scent of Roasted meat to Brutus's nostrils, he stops his weighty tread, filled with the clanking of his full plate armor and the clacking of his studded hooves upon the cobbles. Scenting the air to confirm the direction, Brutus turns to his companions, outcasts like him, but still uncertain allies in their fledgling alliance. Thinking over his words for a moment his deep rumbling voice breaks the silence, "Others are near. Can smell meat on the cookfires. Northward."

Just realized something that may be slightly problematic if we are traveling without light sources and relying on darkvision. I have a ring of the Darkhidden so I don't appear in Darkvision. I can likely be heard what with a -3 to move silently, but without other means of sight I may be invisible to everyone.

Eldest
2017-02-22, 08:17 AM
Orlando smiles. Magnificent. I was getting peckish. Should I check it out? Those who've worked with her know she favors turning into a bat form to scout ahead.

Aegis013
2017-02-23, 01:41 AM
"As you wish." Knurl responds, his tinted goggles resting comfortably above his eyes on his heavy brow, unnecessary in the dark of night. "If they have useful goods we can take them, or if they have useful bodies we could capture them to sell later."

bcool999
2017-02-23, 07:24 PM
Letting loose a snort of derision, Brutus turns to Knurl with a glare, "I thought I made it clear how I feel on slavery." Brutus growls out testily, "I also don't see why attack is the first choice. What do you think Lorek? Out of all of us you should be the least hot-blooded."

Zanos
2017-02-24, 12:47 AM
Lorek stows an old tome within one of the many pockets of his cloak, his empty skull turning to face Brutus. His voice is an artificial and static thing, lacking the inflection of mortal speech. Some creatures have more to offer alive than dead. We should make our decision based on information. Orlando?

Eldest
2017-02-24, 01:30 AM
Orlando smiles and makes a half-mocking bow. As you wish. She springs into the air and disolves into a small bat, circling once before flying over the source of the noises.

Aegis013
2017-02-24, 02:16 AM
Shuffling over to a nearby stump where he takes a seat to await their companion's return, Knurl opens his big mouth again, addressing Brutus' comment. "The weak are meant to serve the strong, whether directly or indirectly. It's simply the way of the world. As powerful as you are, Brutus, I don't understand why such a thing would bother you." Knurl scuffles one of his feet in the dirt without thought, simply trying to occupy himself as the group awaits Orlando's return.

bcool999
2017-02-24, 04:47 AM
Taking a seat on the road, Brutus crosses his arms in front of his chest and turns to Knurl and says, "Try living with your will suppressed by a collar of magic, ordered about by weak men whose necks would snap with a flick of your finger. Be forced to shame yourself on a daily basis with no chance to fight back or die well, fight a war you did not ask for with no more glory earned then being 'allowed' to feast on the corpses you made."

Brutus turns and spits onto the ground, "Slavery is not the weak serving the strong. It is the weak thinking themselves mightier than they are."

Aegis013
2017-02-24, 12:06 PM
Knurl appears to lack empathy for Brutus' story. However, it may just be his normally stoic Orog face. "Has the experience made you stronger or did it make your captives stronger?"

Knurl leans forward as if to drive his point home. "The weak serve the strong. The strong gain strength from every trial, while the weak bemoan their fate and claim it is outside of their power to fix. The wills of the weak are easily broken."

J-H
2017-02-24, 02:19 PM
As the others talk, Orlando wings her way north on the quiet wings of a bat. Still undead, she’s able to fly tirelessly at a fast pace, covering ground far more quickly than a normal bat. (hustle for overland movement at 80’/rd). After about 45 minutes flying upwind, she finds the source of the smell.

A small valley conceals a trio of small farmhouses around a central area. There are several outbuildings, and in the middle of the central area, most of a pig is being roasted. A few children are shelling beans nearby, while the adults appear to be cooking. Circling a bit higher, Orlando can see that some of the fields nearby are cultivated, although they appear to be surrounded by trees and underbrush so that they are harder to spot.

Let me know if there’s anything else specific you want to know.

Eldest
2017-02-24, 02:40 PM
Orlando hangs from the roof of a house, watching the settlement and counting weapons and prey, before winging her way back to the group. There's a small settlement to the north, about 6 miles off. Few farmers, their kids. She squints at the stars. Not a bad place to shelter, if we need to, though I think we've got a bit of time before we make that decision. I'd rather leave them alone, personally. Kids. Not worth the effort, grows up to be food, and makes others mad to eat them. She ticks off points on her fingers as she does.

Aegis013
2017-02-25, 11:41 AM
"What about that structure in the distance?" Knurl waves his hand indicating the tower like structure to the south. "Perhaps it will hold more promising opportunities?"

Zanos
2017-02-26, 12:51 AM
We have little to gain by slaughtering peasants. The tower provides more interesting opportunities.

bcool999
2017-02-26, 03:12 AM
"Tower then. Maybe there is something there for our picky eater to satisfy her hunger. Though we could always steal a chicken." Brutus says, waiting a moment for objections before beginning to trod toward the southern edifice.

J-H
2017-02-26, 05:25 AM
Passing the crater, a half-mile’s walk down the trail brings you to what appears to be a squarish stone tower sitting on a hill. Based on the size and shape, it was likely a wizard’s tower, although there is now a large hole on the third floor. If there is a door, it’s not on the side of the tower facing you.

The area around the tower is still clear of trees, although the grass has grown thick and tall, blowing in the wind. A few bones are scattered here and there around the clear area.
=> Party

Aegis013
2017-02-26, 09:30 PM
Knurl, noticing the bones, decides to look a bit more closely at the bones, trying to determine if they are ancient remnants of battles long past or if they are the result of something more recent, perhaps traps or denizens of the tower. "Perhaps we can find an entrance on the other side of the tower, we could attempt to scale the wall to the opening as well." Knurl muses, squatting down as he tries to analyze the nearby bones.

J-H
2017-02-26, 09:52 PM
There’s no particular theme to the nearby bones that Knurl can see. One skeleton appears to belong to a humanoid, and the others to various animals.

Eldest
2017-02-26, 10:35 PM
If anybody brought a rope able to support a minotaur, I can get up there fairly easily. Or maybe he could jump? I doubt I could carry him... if you want to be boring and go in the door, I suppose that can do too.

bcool999
2017-02-27, 04:37 AM
Brutus grunts at Orlando's words and reaches down to his belt where a spool of rope is secured. Taking a moment, Brutus unwinds enough length of fine silk rope to stretch from the ground to the hole (far more than what the spool seems like it could contain) and hands it to her. "I'll meet you up top." Brutus says as he moves over to the wall beneath the hole and, after making sure his weapon and shield are secured to his frame, begins to climb the wall.

Using my Spool of Endless Rope to produce rope for the climb (assuming it is 500ft or less tall) and will start a-climbin'

Climb: [roll0] (+9 if having my shield stowed saves me from it's ACP)

Also, as weird as it may be, if the wall is too difficult to climb, I could probably carve out handholds by gore attacking the wall a whole bunch.

Eldest
2017-02-27, 07:34 AM
Orlando nods and coils the rope, stowing it in her pack for the moment before transforming back into the bat, meeting Brutus as he reaches the landing. Handing one end of the rope to him, she tosses the other end outside, for the other two, and spares a quick glance around.

J-H
2017-02-27, 10:09 AM
As Brutus approaches the tower, Orlando transforms into a bat and flies towards the hole. His echolocation detects several large…things… moving, just as a blast of air buffets Brutus, deflecting off of his armor without doing any damage.

Attack [roll0] for [roll1] vs AC 30 (denied dex to AC)

Orlando suspects that these are some type of elemental, but blindsense only tells him where they are, not what they are.

Party loses initiative due to enemies having a higher init mod… Round 1, Part 1 (enemy turn) pending!

J-H
2017-02-27, 10:28 AM
Tower Outside, Round 1, Part 1

The invisible creatures, rivaling Brutus in size, move silently through the air above the grass. Two of them charge at Orlando, and he can sense another off to the east and below; unfortunately, the range of his echolocation is short (20’), so the only other one he can locate is the one attacking Brutus.

Punches of compacted air are thrown at the group from several locations, but only one hit does any noticeable damage to Brutus; all the rest are deflected.

Attack rolls include +2 for invisibility and +2 for charge where applicable.

i3 charge vs Orlando
Attack [roll0] for [roll1] vs AC 16 – I think – please verify AC; reduced by 10 due to DR. hit, negated by DR update: Greater Mage Armor, miss
i6 charge vs Orlando
Attack [roll2] for [roll3] vs AC 16 – I think – please verify AC; reduced by 10 due to DR. hit? 1 damage after DR

i2 charge vs Brutus
Attack [roll4]+2 for flanking for [roll5] vs AC 30 (denied dex to AC)hit for 9
i1 full attack vs Brutus
Attack [roll6]+2 for flanking for [roll7] vs AC 30 (denied dex to AC) hit for 8
Attack [roll8]+2 for flanking for [roll9] vs AC 30 (denied dex to AC) hit for 9
results revised based on shield being stowed

i4 charge vs Knurl
Attack [roll10] for [roll11] vs AC 24 (no dex to deny) miss

i5 charge vs Lorek
Attack [roll12] for [roll13] vs AC 23 (denied dex to AC) miss

Orlando and Lorek can hear that there are probably a couple of others approaching from the northwest, now that they are moving instead of holding still.

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh221/jonathan8883/tower%20rd%201%20part%201.jpg

Anything that’s attacked or is in range of Orlando’s blindsense has its location revealed, but is still invisible (50% miss chance).

I2 charged and has -2 ac
i3 charged and has -2 ac
i4 charged and has -2 ac
i5 charged and has -2 ac
i6 charged and has -2 ac

Brutus 26 damage

=> Party

Eldest
2017-02-27, 10:52 AM
Orlando wings her way over to the tower hole, ignoring the blows for the moment. She shifts back to human, looking out on the fight with fresh eyes.

Knowledge: The Planes for identifying the enemies and for Knowledge Devotion
[roll0]

Zanos
2017-02-27, 12:16 PM
Lorek focuses on the rod in his left hand, intoning words of arcane power and focusing his vision.

J-H
2017-02-27, 12:23 PM
Zanos’ spell reveals a total of nine large clouds moving around the battlefield. Although lacking much in the way of recognizable features, he is easily able to recognize them as Invisible Stalkers (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/invisibleStalker.htm), creatures of elemental air.

In addition to the stalkers whose locations are already known, his spell reveals two more, located at W57:X58 and T60:U61.

Zanos
2017-02-27, 12:47 PM
Lorek flies northward, upward towards the hole. He calls out over the battle, eerily calm and monotone. Invisible Stalkers. Naturally invisible. Group together and I can make us end this faster.

He then snaps his fingers, the roiling clouds to the northeast slowing down in comparison to the others.

i6 i1 i3 and i9 need to make a will save DC 22 against slow.

Lorek provokes AoOs from i4 and i5 as he moves 40' straight north, ending in AA66, 20 feet in the air.

bcool999
2017-02-27, 05:20 PM
Grunting in annoyance as blows from unseen attackers rain down upon him, Brutus brings out his Shield which animates itself to protect him. Taking a step back and to the right, Brutus brings his head forward in a lunge aiming at the location he believes the first creature to attack him is at.

Move action to ready my shield FF AC changes to 30

5ft. step to AB:64. (Brutus should take up space AA:63 in his top left to AB:64 in his bottom right)

Standard: Gore with Power Attack for 7 (-7 to hit, +7 to damage)

Gore: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] Piercing
If hit, Free Bullrush from Knockback feat: [roll2] I do not need to follow movement.
If it moves back enough to hit the tower, Dungeon crasher: [roll3] +7 if power attack still applies, Bludgeoning

D100 for miss chance Low is Bad: [roll4]

Aegis013
2017-02-27, 11:29 PM
Knurl positions his shield, which is drawn from its position on his back with the reflexes of a trained warrior, blocking the direction from which the blows came, his eyes unable to detect their source. Heeding the Wizard's words, he unfurls his leathery wings, recognizable to those who experienced the war as those often seen on infernal fiends, and wings his way towards the assembling group, hoping his armor will protect him from harm, while simultaneously aggravated at his inability to combat these invisible foes. He flies up just under Lorek, intent on attempting to stop any transgressor from harming the Lich, his movements leaving ample opportunity for the two nearby enemies to attack.

Knurl uses Full Defense action, improving his AC to 28 for this round.
He flies underneath Lorek, ending in AA66, just beneath Lorek, 15ft in the air. If that's too complicated for mapping purposes, AB66 will also work. This provokes from i4 and i5. As he moves he will draw his flail.
If it's available Knurl will attempt to prevent the first applicable attack against Lorek via Shield Block maneuver as an immediate action.

Maneuvers Granted:
Opening Round:
Maneuvers granted randomly, a dX where X is the number of available readied maneuvers will be rolled. The number will be 1 at the top and X at the bottom of the available readied maneuvers (for any clarification on this process, please ask):
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
Next Round:
[roll4]

As a Swift action, Knurl shifts his stance to Tactics of the Wolf

J-H
2017-02-28, 05:20 PM
Round 1, Part 2

Knurl unfurls his wings and flies towards the tower, trying to distract the enemies and protect Lorek as the lich flies just above him. A well-placed intervention with his shield protects Lorek from harm. The Lich then casts a spell, slowing four of the enemies.

AOOs vs Knurl AC28, including +2 for invisibility, denied dex to AC
I4 Attack [roll0] for [roll1] miss
I5 Attack [roll2] for [roll3] miss

AOOs vs Lorek AC22; first high roll has to contend with Shield Block counter (+4 AC)
I4 Attack [roll4] for [roll5] blocked!
I5 Attack [roll6] for [roll7] miss

Slow, Will DC22 a bucket of fail
I1 [roll8]
I3 [roll9]
I6 [roll10]
I9 [roll11]

Orlando flies to the tower, shifting back to human. He's buffeted in the air, but is uninjured.

I6 Attack [roll12] for [roll13], -1ab if slow hits AC27, entirely negated by DR
I3 Attack [roll14] for [roll15], -1ab if slow miss

Brutus shifts his position, sidestepping and headbutting the closest stalker with his horns. The slowed creature smashes into the wall with an audible thud, and Lorek can tell that it's barely holding itself together.

Hit for 29. Opposed bull rush [roll16] vs 47, moved back by 5’ per 5 points difference. If knocked into wall, 43 extra damage. knocked back 25', smashes into wall for a total of 72 damage

I1 72 damage, slow
I3 slow
I6 slow
I9 slow
Brutus 26 damage

J-H
2017-02-28, 05:39 PM
Round 2, Part 1

The invisible stalkers converge on Brutus and the flying Lorek & Knurl. On the ground, Brutus is buffeted by a pair of well-aimed hammers of compacted air; Knurl and Lorek manage to deflect every strike.

I1 single attack, slowed, vs Brutus
Attack [roll0] for [roll1] miss due to concealment

I2 full attack vs Brutus
Attack [roll2] for [roll3] miss
Attack [roll4] for [roll5] hit for 10

I6 charge vs Brutus, slowed, flying
Attack [roll6] for [roll7] miss

I4 charge vs Knurl, flying
Attack [roll8] for [roll9] miss
I5 charge vs Knurl, flying
Attack [roll10] for [roll11] miss

I3 charge vs Lorek, slowed, no benefit from invisibility
Attack [roll12] for [roll13] miss

I8 move and attack vs Brutus
Attack [roll14] for [roll15] miss

I7 charge vs Knurl, flying
Attack [roll16] for [roll17] miss

I9 charge vs Brutus, ground, slowed
Attack [roll18] for [roll19] hit for 12

Orlando hears a strange-sounding thump from upstairs. The tower smells of ash and old blood, but he can’t pin down anything specific, especially in the chaos of battle.

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh221/jonathan8883/tower%20rd%202%20part%201.jpg
Lorek & Knurl are in the AA66 square, with Lorek flying higher than Knurl.

I1 72 damage, slow
I3 slow, -2 ac from charge
I6 slow, -2 ac from charge
I7 -2 ac from charge
I9 slow, -2 ac from charge
Brutus 48 damage

=> Party

bcool999
2017-02-28, 07:40 PM
Taking still more blows from still more unseen enemies, Brutus growls in rage. He grabs his greataxe and roars, "Back... OFF!!!" before spinning in a large half circle, his axe also roaring as his great strength causes it to split the air in its path.

Move action: Draw Greataxe.

Standard Action: Mighty Swing targeting squares, AC:61 (on ground), 62 (5ft above ground), and 63 (on ground) and power attacking for 5.

Attack (Mighty Swing uses 1 against all opponents): [roll0]
Damage on square 1: [roll1] Magic, Adamantine, Slashing + [roll2] Vampiric
Damage on square 2: [roll3] Magic, Adamantine, Slashing + [roll4] Vampiric
Damage on square 3: [roll5] Magic, Adamantine, Slashing + [roll6] Vampiric

I am assuming that these are not arcane casters (either spells or SLAs) so Magebane does not apply. Otherwise, +2 to hit and damage, and +2d6 untyped damage.

Miss Chance Low is bad: [roll7] [roll8] [roll9]

Free Bull Rushes: [roll10] (17 str, 4 Imp BR, 10 Knockback/power attack)
[roll11]
[roll12]

Dungeon Crasher (if needed): [roll]4d6+34[roll]
[roll13]
[roll14]

If one of the enemies die, Cleave Mighty Swing targeting Y:63, 62, 61 (If DM rules no mighty swing on a cleave then merely target Y:63 alone.

Attack: [roll15]
Damage on square 1b: [roll16] Magic, Adamantine, Slashing + [roll17] Vampiric
Damage on square 2b: [roll18] Magic, Adamantine, Slashing + [roll19] Vampiric

Miss Chance Low is bad: [roll20] [roll21]

Free Bull Rushes: [roll22] (17 str, 4 Imp BR, 10 Knockback/power attack)
[roll23]

Dungeon Crasher (if needed): [roll]4d6+34[roll]
[roll24]

God I love Cut and Paste. This guy would be *ing impossible to run with real dice...

Aegis013
2017-03-01, 01:08 AM
Knurl lets out a guttural cry, echoing Brutus' battle roar, in hopes to reassure his companion and lift his spirits. He swings his heavy flail in the estimated direction of one of the assailants as he drops down, furling his wings back up, unable to maintain his position underneath the Lich due to his clumsiness in flight.

Standard Action: Knurl uses Rallying Strike against i3.
[roll0] to hit (critical threat on a 30 40 or higher)
[roll1] miss chance (low is bad)
If it hits...
[roll2] plus [roll3]

And heals Lorek and Brutus (I think Orlando is just outside the 30ft radius) for [roll4] HP. As this isn't positive energy, it will still heal Lorek.
If it hits, it deals [roll5] damage to Knurl.

[roll6] to confirm
[roll7] plus [roll8] additional damage.

Move action: Due to average maneuverability, Knurl can't maintain his position in the air, so he drops down to the ground, landing in AA65 on the ground, provoking a lot of attacks of opportunity.

Swift action: Knurl doesn't have a swift action due to using an immediate action.

Maneuvers: The last of the readied maneuvers will be granted next round.

Eldest
2017-03-01, 07:45 AM
Orlando casts a spell, weaving it in between fiends and dodges at the unseen foe, and cackles as they are revealed to her. She draws her weapon and gestures rudely at the nearest one.

Fun fact. She has see invisible as a spell. 1d20+18 concentration check to cast defensively. Casting see invisible.

Zanos
2017-03-01, 04:54 PM
Lorek flying downwards and landing directly behind Brutus. He snaps his fingers once more causing a tiny light, immediatley afterwards causing a huge explosion of light and dust to fill the space in which he was.

Lorek provokes a bunch of AoOs flying doward, then casts glitterdust where he was, catching i7 i3 i4 and i5 Will save DC 21.
[roll0] concentration

J-H
2017-03-01, 09:27 PM
Round 2, Part 2

In the tower, Orlando casts a spell, and can suddenly see all of the enemies as easily as Lorek can.

i1 is 2 stories down, and i2 is around 10’ off the ground (height up to 20’); at 15’ per floor, it’s not in reach either

Brutus makes a mighty swing with his greataxe, slaying the injured invisible stalker and damaging one of the others; the blow knocks it far away. Taking advantage of his enemies’ discomfiture, he uses the momentum of his blade to swing and hit one of the enemies behind him.

I1 is killed. I6 is missed due to invisibility (50% miss chance, rolled 37).
I9 is hit for 50 damage.
+2hp vampiric for Brutus.
Opposed bullrush for i9 [roll0] vs 47, moved back by 5’ per 5 points difference. 15' knockback

The Miniatures Handbook says:
“If a war hulk drops one of his foes with a great swing, he may make a cleave attack normally”
And Mighty Swing doesn’t specify otherwise, so it’s a standard cleave attack.

Cleave attack hits i8 for 50
Opposed bullrush for i8 [roll1] vs 39, moved back by 5’ per 5 points difference. 15' knockback
+1hp vampiric for Brutus

Lorek glides down towards Brutus, stopping just above Knurl, then lights up the night with a huge cloud of glowing motes. Several of the invisible stalkers are now outlined in glowing motes.

AOOs, 20% miss chance (vs smoking when leaving square)
I3 Attack [roll2] for [roll3] [roll4] (-1 slow) miss
I4 Attack [roll5] for [roll6] [roll7] (+2 flank) miss
I5 Attack [roll8] for [roll9] [roll10] hit, negated by DR
I7 Attack [roll11] for [roll12] [roll13] miss

Glitterdust, Will DC 21 or blinded
I3 Will [roll14] blind
I4 Will [roll15] blind
I5 Will [roll16] blind
I7 Will [roll17] save

Knurl swings his blade at one of the stalkers, hitting it and redirecting some of its life into his allies. He drops to the ground, with several of the invisible creatures blasting at him as he does; one lands a minor blow, and the others miss.

I3 is hit for 25 damage.
Healing negates the 2 damage to Knurl.

AOOs include +2 for invisibility and +2 for flanking;
I3 Attack [roll18] for [roll19] (-1 ab for slow); miss chance if blinded [roll20] hit for 7
I4 Attack [roll21] for [roll22] [roll23] miss
I5 Attack [roll24] for [roll25] [roll26] miss due to blindness
I7 Attack [roll27] for [roll28] [roll29] miss

I3 25 damage, slow, blind, glitterdusted (no miss chance)
I4 blind, glitterdusted (no miss chance)
I5 blind, glitterdusted (no miss chance)
I6 slow
I7 glitterdusted (no miss chance)
I8 50 damage
I9 50 damage, slow
Brutus 21 damage
Knurl 7 damage

J-H
2017-03-01, 09:47 PM
Round 3, Part 1

A strange stench assaults Orlando’s nose as a Huge blob of smoking blood begins to glop and splot its way down the stairs from above. Her study of odd creatures pays off, and she recognizes it as a blighted bloodfire ooze.

Huge, heals quickly, immune to fire, Empowers fire magic cast in a 60’ radius, vulnerable to cold, can deal fire damage on contact or in a burst. By type, it’s an outsider ooze with the general associated traits. Often associated with wizards or used as a weapon thanks to its boost to fire magic.

The remaining invisible stalkers converge, attacking Knurl and Brutus. Again, Knurl suffers a single minor injury, and the remainder of the attacks are deflected.

I2 full attack vs Brutus, with flank, 20% miss chance
Attack [roll0] for [roll1] [roll2] miss
Attack [roll3] for [roll4] [roll5] miss due to concealment
I6 attack vs Brutus, slowed, with flank, 20% miss chance
Attack [roll6] for [roll7] [roll8] miss
I8 charge vs Brutus, with flank, 20% miss
Attack [roll9] for [roll10] [roll11] miss
I9 charge vs Brutus, slowed, with flank, 20% miss
Attack [roll12] for [roll13] [roll14] miss

I3 5’ step, full attack vs Knurl, slowed, blind, with flank, 50% miss chance
Attack [roll15] for [roll16] [roll17] miss
Attack [roll18] for [roll19] [roll20] hit for 9
I4 5’ step, full attack vs Knurl, blind, 50% miss chance
Attack [roll21] for [roll22] [roll23] miss
Attack [roll24] for [roll25] [roll26] miss
I5 5’ step, full attack vs Knurl, blind, with flank, 50% miss chance
Attack [roll27] for [roll28] [roll29] miss
Attack [roll30] for [roll31] [roll32] miss
I7 5’ step, full attack vs Knurl, with flank
Attack [roll33] for [roll34] miss
Attack [roll35] for [roll36] miss

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh221/jonathan8883/tower%20rd%203%20part%201.jpg

The ooze is 3x3, but it’s currently oriented vertically on the stairs. It's the red-filled area.

I3 25 damage, slow, blind, glitterdusted (no miss chance)
I4 blind, glitterdusted (no miss chance)
I5 blind, glitterdusted (no miss chance)
I6 slow
I7 glitterdusted (no miss chance)
I8 50 damage,
I9 50 damage, slow
Brutus 21 damage
Knurl 16 damage
=> Party

Eldest
2017-03-01, 10:10 PM
Orlando chuckles. They've got an ooze! Look out for fire spells. She chants a pair of arcane words and feels her body settle under the weight of another protective spell, and then does her level best to axe-kick the ooze in two.

Swift casting Resist Energy (fire) using the Abjurant Champion's 1/day swift cast. Now resistances are DR 10/magic and silver, 30 fire, 20 cold, 20 electricity.
Charging using a slam attack, Power Attack for 4. Moving to AC-54. Attacking the ooze.
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1] and 2 negative levels.
Knowledge check for knowledge devotion was already made, so those boosts have been added in.

Zanos
2017-03-01, 10:46 PM
Lorek takes a quick step near one of the invisible stalkers, reaching out to touch it with his life-extinguishing hand.

5ft step to i8, then touch attack w/knowledge devotion bonuses.

[roll0] touch attack
[roll1] negative energy damage
DC 17 will save halves damage.
Pretty sure it's immune to the paralysis.

Aegis013
2017-03-02, 12:50 AM
Knurl lets out a growl, and twisting with the momentum he gained previously from the fall swipes his flail at one of the creatures several times, following it with a bash from his barbed shield, unleashing a flurry of attacks! His feet being on firm ground seem to give him increased resolve as he subtly shifts his stance.

Swift: Stance change to Martial Spirit (the first hit will be used to heal Knurl, everything afterwards will be used to heal Brutus, +2 HP per hit)

Full Attack v. i3, activating Stone Power at a -5 penalty (if any attacks hit, I gain 10 temporary HP), gaining +2 cth/dmg from Steeley Resolve, -2 from dual wielding (Agile Shield Fighter feat)

Flail attacks:
[roll0] to hit (crit threat on 35-38)
Miss chance vs. Invisible [roll1] low is bad
For: [roll2] plus [roll3] Bludgeoning damage and [roll4] damage to self

[roll5] to hit (crit threat on 30-33)
Miss chance vs. Invisible [roll6] low is bad
For: [roll7] plus [roll8] Bludgeoning damage and [roll9] damage to self

[roll10] to hit (crit threat on 25-28)
Miss chance vs. Invisible [roll11] low is bad
For: [roll12] plus [roll13] Bludgeoning damage and [roll14] damage to self

Shield Attack:
[roll15] to hit (crit threat on 37)
Miss chance vs. Invisible [roll16] low is bad
For: [roll17] piercing damage and [roll18] to self

Atk 1. [roll19] to confirm for [roll20] plus [roll21] Bludgeoning damage
Atk 2. [roll22] to confirm for [roll23] plus [roll24] Bludgeoning damage
Atk 3. [roll25] to confirm for [roll26] plus [roll27] Bludgeoning damage
Atk 4. [roll28] to confirm for [roll29] piercing damage

bcool999
2017-03-02, 06:03 PM
Finally able to see a few of the enemies from the swirling particles of magic swirling in the air, Brutus takes full advantage to strike at them with all his might.

Full attacking with maximum Power attack (-7, +14/+7) with mighty swings with my axe and a Gore attack on one of them.

Mighty Swing 1 targeting Z66, AA66 (where I4 is), and AB66 (where I5 is): [roll0]
Damage i7: [roll1] + Vamapiric [roll2]
Damage i4: [roll3] + Vamapiric [roll4]
Damage i5: [roll5] + Vamapiric [roll6]

Will forgo my free bull rushes on the first attack.

Mighty Swing 2 targeting the same squares to finish them off: [roll7]
Damage i7: [roll8] + Vamapiric [roll9]
Damage i4: [roll10] + Vamapiric [roll11]
Damage i5: [roll12] + Vamapiric [roll13]

Now I will Bull Rush: [roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]

Gore Attack vs i3: [roll17] (21 -7 power attack -5 secondary natural attack)
Damage: [roll18]

Bull Rush if hit: [roll19]

If any of the enemies bull rushed hits another enemy I get a free trip attempt at +17 ala Shock Trooper.
Also I haven't been adding my size modifier to the bull rushes or trips. I am the same size as the enemies so if we don't use the size modifiers that evens out right? Doesn't really matter with my str score.

Roll cleave as needed against nearest applicable enemy.

J-H
2017-03-02, 10:21 PM
Round 3, Part 2
In the tower, Orlando charges the smoking ooze, swiping at it with her claw-like fingernails. Her magic prevents the blistering heat surrounding the creature from harming her.

You’d take 2d6 fire damage, but it’s resisted.
24 damage & 2 negative levels inflicted; Orlando is +10 temporary HP from the negative levels.

Lorek lands next to one of the creatures and touches it, channeling negative energy into it.

13 damage, Will DC 17 half; yes, immune to paralysis
I8 Will [roll0] save, 7 damage

Knurl attacks the blind, glowing ball of air next to him that is one of the invisible stalkers, striking it three times with his flail and destroying it. He then spins and bashes the enemy behind him with his shield.

Glitterdust just saved you from a pair of misses vs invisibility!
Stone power triggers, and 9 damage to self from your weapon.
I3 is killed; shield bash redirected to hit i7 (adjacent, at ground level, glittery) for 32 damage

Brutus makes a pair of clumsy but powerful swings at the invisible stalkers surrounding Knurl. His blade is large and moving too fast for the creatures to dodge, and all of them are destroyed by the second swing. Spinning surprisingly quickly, he headbutts one of the other stalkers and catches it with his axe.

That second roll almost missed… but it didn’t, so they’re obliterated.

Cleave readirected to i2
Attack [roll1], damage [roll2] and [roll3] vamp
Headbutt hits for 17, bull rush of 43… opposed [roll4] moved back by 5’ per 5 points
hit, total 69 damage, knocked back 15'
Do add size modifiers in, for consistence. I have been.
25 healing from vampiric weapon.

Ooze 24 damage, 2 negative levels
I2 69 damage,
I6 slow
I8 58 damage
I9 50 damage, slow
Brutus +4 temp HP
Knurl 16 damage
Orlando +10 temp hp

J-H
2017-03-02, 10:39 PM
Round 4, Part 1

The huge ooze drops off of the stairs, attempting to grab and consume Orlando. The blob falls on her and surrounds her, constricting and attempting to squeeze the non-existent blood out of her.

Both ooze attack & grapple reflect a -2 penalty from negative levels.
Melee touch attack [roll0] vs Touch AC 15 hit
Grapple [roll1] vs Orlando’s opposed grapple of [roll2] wrong modifier, Orlando wins, no grapple
If ooze wins, it moves into Orlando’s space and deals damage as unarmed strike (or, in this case, slam). [roll3] -10 from DR. Fire damage resisted.

Also, it heals 5hp worth of damage.

The remaining invisible stalkers cry out in Auran with the sound of howling, angry winds, as they converge on Brutus. Again, only one attack gets through.

I2 charge attack w/ flank
Attack [roll4] for [roll5] hit for 11
I6 attack with slow & flank
Attack [roll6] for [roll7]

I8 full attack w/ flank
Attack [roll8] for [roll9]
Attack [roll10] for [roll11]

I9 attack with slow & flank
Attack [roll12] for [roll13]

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh221/jonathan8883/tower%20rd%204%20part%201.jpg

Ooze 19 damage, 2 negative levels
I2 69 damage,-2ac charge
I6 slow
I8 58 damage
I9 50 damage, slow
Brutus 7 damage
Knurl 16 damage
Orlando +10 temp hp

=> Party

Eldest
2017-03-02, 11:43 PM
Orlando claws furiously at the inside of the ooze, still chuckling (mentally, her mouth was covered now). This wasn't going to end well for the Ooze.

Attack(Slam) [roll0]
[roll1] damage and 2 negative levels.
[roll2] grapple check vs [roll3] -2 if previous roll hit, if hit [roll4] damage and [roll5] con drain.
Correction, I messed up my math, should be two lower on my grapple check.

bcool999
2017-03-02, 11:54 PM
Snorting in derision at the invisible enemies pathetic excuse for resistance, Brutus estimates where the blows came from and delivers another destructive set of swings with his axe, each movement threatening to reap his foes lives.

"Lorek, how many more of these nuisances are left? I can only tell they are there by scent and when they smack my armor." Brutus asks whilst going about his bloody business.

Full attack Mighty Swings, Power attack for 5.

Attack 1: targeting AD:63,62 (In air) and AC:61 (not that it can hit the same person twice): [roll0]
Damage i9: [roll1] + Vampiric [roll2]
Damage i6: [roll3] + Vampiric [roll4]

Miss chance low is bad: [roll5] [roll6]

Bull Rushes: [roll7]
[roll8]

Dungeon crasher if i6 hits a wall: [roll9]

Attack 2: targeting Y:63,62, and Z:61 (for symmetry): [roll10]
Damage i8: [roll11] + Vampiric [roll12]
Damage i2: [roll13] + Vampiric [roll14]

Miss chance: [roll15] [roll16]

Bull Rushes: [roll17]
[roll18]

Dungeon crasher if i2 hits a wall: [roll19]

Gore attack on enemy still in range: [roll20]
Damage: [roll21]

Miss Chance: [roll22]

Bull Rush: [roll23]
Dungeon crash: [roll24]

Again, not sure which attack will spark a cleave, so roll as necessary.

Aegis013
2017-03-03, 01:30 PM
Knurl, the bloodlust within him only rising from his most recent kill, doesn't see any more foes, but can feel the presence of danger. He grumbles as he lifts his shield hoping to block any oncoming attacks. "Where are these fool creatures?"

Standard: Full Defense, increasing AC to 28.
Move: None.
Swift: None.

If it's available (Forgot to roll for new maneuvers for the round in the last post) Immediate Action Shield Block Brutus for +7 AC against the first attack that hits.

Maneuvers Granted this round (any 1's in the first 4 mean Shield Block is available):
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
On Round 5 I'll get:
[roll4]

Zanos
2017-03-03, 02:10 PM
There's four left, one by me, one towards brutus, and two to the North. Lorek reaches out towards the invisible stalker in front of him again.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Eldest
2017-03-04, 08:44 AM
Orlando swipes again with her fingers, drawing her sword with her spare hand. An ooze. Nobody can use oozes well these days. Back in my day... The rest is a small lecture on the tactics of large oozes in small battles, which nobody was around to hear, thankfully, because nobody wanted to hear.

Attack the ooze! Power attack for 5.
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]
And as this is the slam, 2 negative levels attached.

J-H
2017-03-04, 10:41 AM
Round 4, Part 2

Orlando swipes the ooze with her fingers curved into claws, carving out a blob of smoking blood that flies across the room. (hit for 29, 2 neg levels, +10 temp hp)

Lorek channels more negative energy into the stalker next to him.

Targeting i8
12 damage, Will DC 17 half
I8 Will [roll0]

Knurl guards Brutus, who swings his axe around in wide sweeps, knocking one foe into a wall and killing it, and finishing off another.

Targeting i6, i9. Attack vs i9 misses due to concealment.
I6 takes 48 damage, Brutus heals 2hp.
bull rush of 37… opposed [roll1] including slow, moved back by 5’ per 5 points. Auto-fails by at least 10, triggering Dungeon crasher damage of 50. I6 is dead.

Second swing hits I2 due to charge penalty to AC, killing it. Brutus heals 4hp.

Ooze 48 damage, 4 negative levels
I8 58 damage
I9 50 damage, slow
Brutus 1 damage
Knurl 16 damage
Orlando +20 temp hp

J-H
2017-03-04, 10:48 AM
Round 5, Part 1

The invisible stalkers attack Brutus again, without any success.

First attack that hits will be stopped by shield block with +7ac.
I8 full attack w/ flank
Attack [roll0] for [roll1]
Attack [roll2] for [roll3]

I9 attack with slow & flank
Attack [roll4] for [roll5]

In the tower, the ooze attempts to engulf Orlando, but she is able to twist out of the way and push it back.

Both ooze attack & grapple reflect a -4 penalty from negative levels.
Melee touch attack [roll6] vs Touch AC 15
Grapple [roll7] vs Orlando’s opposed grapple of [roll8] tie, higher grapple mod wins. Orlando successfully avoids grappling.
If ooze wins, it moves into Orlando’s space and deals damage as unarmed strike (or, in this case, slam). [roll9] -10 from DR. Fire damage resisted.

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh221/jonathan8883/tower%20rd%205%20part%201.jpg

Ooze 48 damage, 4 negative levels
I8 58 damage
I9 50 damage, slow
Brutus 1 damage
Knurl 16 damage
Orlando +20 temp hp
=> Party

Aegis013
2017-03-04, 09:25 PM
Knurl steps forward and attempts to ram his shield against whatever Lorek had reached out to touch just a moment before with blind force.

5ft step to Z65.
Move: None
Swift: None

Divine surge Shield Bash vs. i8, Stone Power for 5.
[roll0] to hit crit threat on 37 for...
[roll1] miss chance (low is bad)
[roll2] plus [roll3] piercing damage.

[roll4] to confirm for
[roll5] extra damage

Edit: Divine Surge wasn't available that's what I get from trying to rush a post from work...

Zanos
2017-03-06, 02:52 PM
Lorek once again reaches out with his negative energy touch.
If i8 dies from knurls attack, he moves and attacks i9.

[roll]1d8+10
Will DC 17 halves damage.

Eldest
2017-03-06, 05:34 PM
Orlando starts to cut apart the ooze, ending with another axe-kick.

Power Attack for 4.
[roll0] full bab attack
[roll1]
[roll2] -5 bab attack
[roll3]
[roll4] secondary slam attack
[roll5] and 2 negative levels

bcool999
2017-03-06, 11:19 PM
Brutus lays into the enemy opposite Lorek, focusing his full attention to overcome it's unseen nature.

Gonna attack i9 without power attack or Great swing or anything else fancy.

Axe1: [roll0]
Miss Chance (Low is bad): [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] + Vampiric [roll3]

Axe2: [roll4]
Miss Chance (Low is bad): [roll5]
Damage: [roll6] + Vampiric [roll7]

Gore: [roll8]
Miss Chance (Low is bad): [roll9]
Damage: [roll10]

J-H
2017-03-07, 12:13 AM
Round 5, Part 2

Brutus kills the invisible stalker to the east (+4 vamp healing), while Knurl handles the one on the left.

Up on the third floor, about 30’ above the ground, Orlando strikes the ooze, draining more of its life force (70 damage, +10 temp hp, 2 neg levels), her magic completely shrugging off the bursts of heat emitted with each injury.

Ooze 118 damage, 6 negative levels
I8 58 damage
Brutus +3 temp hp
Knurl 16 damage
Orlando +30 temp hp

Round 6, Part 1

The ooze heals itself slightly, and shivers in place before releasing an omnidirectional blast of flame that scorches Orlando's skin through her protections.

[roll0] fire damage (6d6, empowered), Reflex DC 26 half.
Orlando Reflex [roll1], and fire resist 30 fail, net 10 damage applied to temp hp.

Ooze 113 damage, 6 negative levels
I8 58 damage
Brutus +3 temp hp
Knurl 16 damage
Orlando +20 temp hp
=> Party

Aegis013
2017-03-07, 12:33 AM
Knurl, sensing that the immediate danger has passed, asks "What happened to Orlando?" before looking towards the tower opening to see if the rope had been secured.

bcool999
2017-03-08, 01:45 AM
Brutus

Sheathing his weapon and shield, Brutus once more begins to attempt and ascend the tower face, saying, "She's likely waiting above. I'll send a rope down after me."

Climb: [roll0] Will take a -5 penalty to the roll (already factored in) to climb at 10ft. per round instead of 5 per round.

Zanos
2017-03-09, 01:31 PM
Lorek flies up to the hole Orlando was shouting from, landing on the edge and getting a look at the Ooze.

Double moving.

Eldest
2017-03-10, 09:58 AM
Orlando growls in frustration. They brought an ooze to the party, It appears to not want to die. She continues to cut at it.

Power attack for 4 still
[roll]1d20+19] first bab
[roll0]
[roll1]second bab
[roll2]
[roll3] Secondary natural attack
[roll4] damage and 2 negative levels

J-H
2017-03-10, 04:33 PM
Round 6, Part 2

Slashing with her sword and kicking, Orlando splatters smoking bits of bloody ooze across a quarter of the third floor. It appears to be dead.

Combat over
=> Party

Eldest
2017-03-10, 05:16 PM
Orlando flicks some of the ooze off her jacket before it can start to singe a hole. Well I must say. That was bracing.

bcool999
2017-03-10, 07:49 PM
Brutus finishes his climb up to where the undead were and lowers a rope down for Knurl.

J-H
2017-03-11, 11:11 PM
Everyone except Knurl is currently on the 3rd floor. It's been open to the elements for a number of years, and scattered stones on the inside suggest that the hole was blown in from the exterior. A few scraps of furniture remain, with the remnants of a headboard suggesting that this floor might have once been a bedroom area.

Aegis013
2017-03-12, 12:12 AM
Knurl attempts the arduous climb up the rope still armored, complaining about the weight of the gear the entire time. Upon arriving he spends just a moment to catch his breath, he scans the room.

"I say we see what's further in."

bcool999
2017-03-12, 01:27 AM
Brutus sniffs around the room a little, but if the smell of blood was here, it was definitely overcome by the burnt scent from Orlando's fight. "Hmm, was this a wizard's tower? I would have attacked while the spellthrower was abed as well." Brutus says before looking toward's the stairs. "Might be a tight squeeze but... up or down?" Brutus asks looking towards the others.

Eldest
2017-03-12, 11:11 AM
Up first? Clear it out, hopefully be able to bunker down from the light that burns. I haven't eaten for a few days too. Maybe there will be, ah. Food. Orlando glances out the hole in the wall when she mentions the coming dawn, apraising how much time she had left in the safety of the night with an expert's eye.

J-H
2017-03-12, 01:44 PM
It’s a couple of hours after sunset (the group started early in the night).

The group goes up the stairs to the fourth floor without incident. It appears to have been divided into a smaller hallway area and a larger work area by a metal partition. Apparently the ooze spent a substantial amount of time here, as the remnants of the partition, as well as much of the floor, is scorched and corroded. The room also reeks of the ooze.

Shattered bits of glass crunch under the boots of the party as you survey the large work area. Cabinets and counters line most of it, and tools hanging from ceiling racks make it identifiable to Lorek as having once been a sizeable alchemist’s lab.

The windows in the room are currently covered by thick metal slabs that appear to ride in some sort of track, hooked to a cunning arrangement of cables (sliding window shutters). There are two windows on each side, although the shutters on the southern wall appear askew.

The top floor has a high ceiling that comes to a heavily decorated dome overhead. In fact, the dome appears to replicate the position of the stars outside through some form of magic. It contains a large dining table and chairs, as well as a couple of sofas and some reclined lounging chairs. There are a few books stacked near the chairs, and a number of deactivated Everburning Torches on sconces on the wall. The night-time breeze blows through broken glass windows, and rain damage is visible on some of the furniture & carpets.

Zanos
2017-03-13, 11:00 AM
Feels a bit familiar. Perhaps something yet remains, despite the devastation. Lorek mutters another arcane incantation, bright points of blue light igniting in his eye sockets.

Detecting magic and searching.

J-H
2017-03-13, 11:18 AM
Zanos detects nothing of note on the lab or dining floors.

Aegis013
2017-03-13, 10:23 PM
Without particular interest in the dilapidated rooms, Knurl suggests the party try going down. "Doesn't seem to be anything of use here anymore. Perhaps we'll have better luck further down."

J-H
2017-03-14, 10:43 PM
The second floor is divided up by stone walls into several bedrooms. The furniture is nearly intact at first glance, although Orlando hears and Brutus smells some rats. The sconces for everburning torches are empty.

The ground floor includes a very small sitting area and some storeroom full of smashed shelving, spoiled food, etc. There’s also a small kitchen, with a 1’ diameter vertical shaft that goes up the inside of the north wall. Lorek believes that it would line up with a side table on the top floor. Several clean plates are stacked just to the side of the shaft entry.

The exterior door is heavy, made of cold iron, and is still barred from the inside. Lorek detects some traces of magic on it, but they are old and may be worn out. It faces south. (You approached from the north, which is the side the 3rd floor hole is on)

A smashed and scorched door leads downwards into a basement level. The wall opposite the door opening is blackened and pockmarked by acid, except in an area that looks sort of like a very tall humanoid silhouette.

I’m assuming you will tell me if you want to do a detailed, exhaustive Search, and that you’re just going for a general overview.

bcool999
2017-03-15, 03:06 AM
Brutus stops when he sees the silhouette in the basement. "Wizard's last stand or traps?" Brutus asks no one in particular. "Didn't seem like there was much of worth in the tower. Maybe the basement holds more?"

Aegis013
2017-03-15, 08:30 PM
Knurl peers at the silhouette, attempting to assess what it may be and whether it might be a threat.
He cautiously approaches it with his shield raised, wordlessly.

J-H
2017-03-15, 08:41 PM
The damaged wall does nothing.

Eldest
2017-03-15, 09:02 PM
Orlando looks opposite, to where the source of the acid would have been.

J-H
2017-03-15, 09:05 PM
The smashed and burned remains of the door hang in the doorframe. A dark stairwell descends below ground level.

I'm starting to feel like my description was unclear.

Zanos
2017-03-15, 10:02 PM
Lorek continues to concentrate on his detect magic as he descends to join the others.

Maybe we should roll some search checks?

J-H
2017-03-15, 10:18 PM
Zanos detects the aforementioned abjuration-type spells on the door. He recognizes some of the debris as the remnants of some type of metallic construct, probably a Medium-sized golem made of iron.

Aegis013
2017-03-17, 01:52 PM
With the silhouette appearing to be nothing, Knurl lowers his shield, but not his guard. "Again, nothing. Maybe the depths of this structure will hold something of interest." he growls, his eyes still toward the basement and strange silhouetted shape.

J-H
2017-03-17, 04:04 PM
(I’m going to assume you go ahead and investigate)

The basement contains several leather-covered chairs, a couple of tables, and several sets of shelves and cubbies for books and scrolls. The free-standing shelves have been knocked over, and it looks like most of the papers were burned. It would take some time to search through what’s there, but it’s possible that some readable or useful papers or scrolls could be recovered.

Lorek notices some brushes and pens typically used for copying the draconic runes that make up arcane spells, and there are discolorations and bits of shattered glass on the floor where bottles of spell-copying ink were apparently spilled.
There are no signs of battle in this room, though.

Aegis013
2017-03-19, 01:48 PM
Knurl looks to one end of the room and then slowly to the other. "I suppose even if there's nothing valuable here, it could potentially serve as a base of operations. With some repairs, the structure would be fairly defensible. I don't know that it's worth our time, though."

He saunters over to one of the chairs and sits down. "So what's our next move?"

Zanos
2017-03-20, 02:01 PM
"Repairs are trivial if we can find stone to fix it. A familiar enough home, to be sure. I will see what I can find." Lorek begins searching the area.

Taking 10 for a 29. I guess I could take 20 if we plan on being here for awhile.

Eldest
2017-03-20, 05:10 PM
Orlando proceeds to search the tower from top to bottom, muttering darkly about a lack of food.

Take 10, for a total of 24.

J-H
2017-03-20, 07:58 PM
Lorek checks the basement, while Orlando sweeps the tower in detail top-to-bottom. He verifies that the vertical shaft going up from the kitchen connects directly to the top floor, with a hidden side door on the third floor (master bedroom) level. It was likely used for the delivery of food, but would also serve for travel in gaseous form.

She finds a Ring of Communication (MIC 122) fallen behind a nightstand on the second floor… but there’s only one. A couple of sticks of Incense of Concentration (MIC 162, prepare 1 extra 1st level for the day, once) are in a jar on the fifth floor in a cabinet, along with some rather old food that was probably once suited for snacking.

There is some spoiled food on the first floor, as well as a reasonably complete supply of cooking equipment and basic tools.

Lorek locates a couple of intact scrolls in the basement, although it will take time to study them to see what they may be useful for. His elven senses also let him notice a slight irregularity in the positioning of one bookshelf. It doesn’t register as magical, but he’s able to find a stone behind the shelf that acts as a button. The shelf swings inwards, revealing another set of stairs down.

The stairs lead to a large room with a table in the middle and a pair of doors. This room is larger than the tower above.

The table has a small 3-d map of the area immediately around the tower built into the middle, complete with the tower. A ring of white stones surrounds the map; all of them are shattered. Nine of them appear to be freshly broken.

One door is open, and leads to a small room with a teleportation circle in the middle. There are several glowing inscriptions in the wall; the ones marked for Elmal are on the left, and they may be placed in geographically correct positions. A blue stone marks the probable location of this tower.
The inscriptions are:

Elmal Mage College, Main Teleport Pad
Elmal Market, Magical District
Timetros
Big brother
Little brother
That Idiot
Home

All have a barely-illuminated Draconic rune for “No” next to them in red.

The other named ones appear to be in a rough circle around the “Home” stone. There are a couple of other markings that appear unlabelled.

The other door from the map room is made of metal with no window, and is shut. Lorek detects several medium-strength abjuration & evocation auras on it from across the room.

Eldest
2017-03-21, 11:20 AM
Orlando re-emerges from the tower tossing the ring from hand to hand, whistling, to stop and blink curiously at the opened secret door. Going down, she looks over the teleportation setup with an appraising eye. Somebody had a good social life...

bcool999
2017-03-21, 11:53 PM
Brutus follows Lorek about as he sniffs out usable scrolls and discovers a secret passage, usual boring mage stuff. Seeing what lies below, Brutus takes in the map and the freshly broken stones and asks, "We break these? How?" His momentary curiosity of what was broken is interrupted by the one thing in the room which seems pristine, the large metal door. "Hmm... Should I break it?" Brutus asks, assuming the door to be locked.

Zanos
2017-03-23, 10:09 AM
"It is magically warded. Likely a vault of some sort. Give me a moment to study it."

Taking 10(35 total) on spellcraft check to identify an in place spell effect.

J-H
2017-03-23, 10:46 AM
Lorek is able to analyze the spells in place, and finds the following dweomers placed on the door:
Globe of Invulnerability
Vipergout
Acid Breath
Burning Hands
Alarm

There is a keyhole, but the key required undoubtedly has some magical components to deactivate the spells.

Note: I erroneously left off Conjuration. I forgot how many damage spells are Conj, not Evo.
I have not dealt with this use of Spellcraft before, so if you think I’m doing this wrong rule-wise, let me know.

Aegis013
2017-03-23, 06:50 PM
Knurl looks toward Lorek and Brutus and simply posits "Isn't it just the front door? Maybe we should leave it warded." Knurl saunters down the stairs behind the bookcase to see what might be there.

His eyes catch onto the map and the broken stones. "Someone may have been here recently." he comments.

Zanos
2017-03-27, 04:21 PM
"Unlikely. I suspect that those stones indicated the status of the guardians were encountered outside. Nine shattered stones, nine stalkers. Kelris walks slightly closer to the door, inspecting it from various angles but careful not to get too close.

"This door has a variety of effects on it, although I suspect none of them will give you much trouble. The snakes are a nice touch. It may be simpler to go around the door, though."

The walls next to the door are made of stone, yes?

J-H
2017-03-27, 04:27 PM
Yes, they appear to be made of stone.

Eldest
2017-03-27, 04:39 PM
Orlando shrugs, and eyes them over. And if they're load-bearing?

Sadly no architecture and engineering, otherwise I'd roll myself.

bcool999
2017-03-27, 06:48 PM
Brutus

"I've crashed load-bearing walls before." Brutus says as he brings his Adamantine Greataxe to hand, "It wasn't fun." He brings out his Tower Shield as well, and it begins floating near him offering protection. "If whatever traps are there don't look to bad to Lorek, I'll just take out the door. Though the rest of you may want to step back."

That said, Brutus moves up to the door and waits for the others to take their distance or come up with another plan before he begins breaking.

Zanos
2017-03-31, 07:41 PM
"It might be our door some day, no use breaking it if we don't have to." Kelris lays his hand on the wall and utters a word of arcane power, forming an archway into the next room.

J-H
2017-03-31, 08:38 PM
Lorek’s Stone Shape spell creates an archway next to the door, extending back into the wall. It partially intersects with the next room, which is apparently fairly small. Squeezing through the doorway, Lorek finds a room with several coat-racks, clothes-hangers, armor-stands, and tables, as well as a large mirror. Most of them are empty, although he does find a few items left behind.

2 rings, 1 amulet, one set of goggles, one longsword - all magical & unidentified

Eldest
2017-04-01, 09:36 PM
A closet. Makes sense, honestly. Orlando glances around briefly, checking to see if anything else was missed.

Take 10 for search of 24.

J-H
2017-04-01, 10:10 PM
Orlando doesn't find anything in the magic items closet.

Zanos
2017-04-04, 08:57 AM
Kelris inspects the mirror a bit closer, curious if it would suitable as a scrying focus.

J-H
2017-04-04, 12:06 PM
Possibly, but the room it's in may be shielded, and shielding goes two ways.

bcool999
2017-04-04, 10:18 PM
Brutus grunts as Lorek magics his way through the wall. He walks around the rest of the basement, noticing the teleportation room, and comes back a short while later to see Lorek return with trinkets, presumably magical ones at that.

"Magical shinys aside. This seems like a nice enough place to hole up for the day. Though where are we gonna go tomorrow? Look for more survivors?"

Zanos
2017-04-08, 06:47 PM
"We could make some repairs here, it would make a serviceable home if the original occupant isn't returning."

Aegis013
2017-04-11, 09:39 PM
Knurl says "We could, but the night is young. If anyone is familiar with the lay of the land, we could investigate one of these locations on this map. The Magic Academy may have great riches we could plunder. We could perform repairs while the sun's up."

Eldest
2017-04-12, 07:42 AM
Orlando nods. I will scout the area. She goes off to do just that, flying in a spiral pattern.
Until I find something interesting, 6 hours pass, or something attacks.

J-H
2017-04-14, 03:51 PM
While the others do things in and around the tower (like what?), Orlando flies around the outside in bat form. She scents some old blood old blood a couple of hundred yards south of the tower. Following the scent leads to a copse of trees. It looks like someone has a grappling hook and rope stored here, and a rough path through the underbrush indicates that, at least for a while, someone was probably dragging the bodies of any dead animals away from the tower for butchery.

There are some wild animals, a small stream to the east, and a couple of areas that show some sign of cultivation near a wagon track. Further afield are a couple of remote houses containing a family or two each. If there was any town or center of activity within Orlando’s search range, it was probably destroyed in the same event that cratered the road.

Assumptions: Above tree level, so anything under trees or under a bush would not be seen. Darkvision limits view distance, so narrow bands.

Eldest
2017-04-22, 11:10 PM
Orlando returns to the tower and sets to work fortifying the structure before dawn, as best she can.

bcool999
2017-04-23, 07:40 PM
Brutus helps out with any heavy lifting needed to make this place livable again. He also cleans up the gathered dust as well as he can so it won't bother his sensitive nose.

J-H
2017-04-23, 11:21 PM
The group spends the rest of the night and some of the day cleaning out the tower, throwing the dust and debris outside. Orlando and Brutus are able to bend the metal shutters back into place on the lab floor (4th floor), protecting it from sunlight.

Without a source of glass, there’s no way to repair the broken glass on the 5th floor, and the big hole in the 3rd floor wall will require materials to repair as well.

Do you spend the time searching and sorting through the scorched library area papers, or do you toss them all?
Where do you go next? Do you leave anything behind at the tower (coffin, phylactery, etc.?)

Eldest
2017-04-24, 04:09 PM
Orlando catalogs the papers as best she can: magical research is interesting for it's own sake, and this just turned it into a puzzle!

J-H
2017-04-24, 04:35 PM
It takes a few hours to sift through the trash and ash, but Orlando is able to find three scrolls of arcane magic that survived the fire in usable condition:

1st level Ray of Enfeeblement
2nd level Ghoul Glyph (SpC)
6th level Shadowy Grappler (SpC)

Aegis013
2017-04-25, 06:33 PM
Knurl rests well in his fortifying bedroll and snores like a lumber mill for the requisite hour of rest. During the daytime, Knurl does rounds about the premises, keeping guard and trying to ensure nothing enters the tower unseen. At nightfall Knurl goads the others into the start of a journey towards the school in the hopes of discovering useful remnants of the place. Leaving nothing of his own behind, he gives the others some time to prepare for the journey but his patience is limited; if the others don't join him about an hour and half after nightfall, enough time for those skilled in the mystic arts to prepare themselves, he will set out.

Readying Shield Counter instead of Flanking Maneuver during some of this time.

Eldest
2017-04-25, 06:38 PM
Orlando asks for a small stone-shaped hole to be made into the "closet" of magical items and leaves her coffin there before heading out with the group. It's good to not die again, she's found over the years, and fortune favors the bold and the prepared.

bcool999
2017-04-25, 07:09 PM
Brutus sleeps peacefully through most of the day, still fully armored though magical runes ensure a peaceful slumber not normally possible in full plate, and breaks his fast with his field provisions box (also giving a share to Knurl). "Hmph a school for mages huh? Doubt we find more than a hole in the ground if it got caught up in the fighting. Otherwise, it's probably picked clean by scavengers unless the mages left guardians behind." Brutus says with derision towards the study of such a sordid subject as sorcery.

J-H
2017-04-25, 11:32 PM
The next evening, the group heads back to the road, around the crater, and then west, abandoning the tower for now. Brutus is the slowest of the group, clanking along in his heavy armor.

An hour or so after midnight, the minotaur scents some sort of…cat? It’s hard to tell, not smelling quite right. The scent is very recent, coming from upwind (the south, in this case), but you don’t see or hear anything.

I will assume 8 hour travel days, unless you want to make forced march checks to go faster

J-H
2017-04-26, 08:57 PM
Traveling onwards (unless you stop to investigate), a few more miles pass. Dawn will soon approach. A stone pillar, only slightly askew at the side of the road, indicates that there was an inn or overnight resting place of some kind another mile ahead. Do you press on towards that, stay on the road, rest under some trees, or seek out some other way to pass the bright, sunlight day in safety?

Eldest
2017-04-26, 09:02 PM
Orlando (being the one fearing the sun) is safe from it's burning for a few hours after dawn due to her abjurations, so she presses onward to the inn.

J-H
2017-04-27, 02:39 PM
Orlando watches the horizon carefully, casting Cloak of Dark Power as the sunlight begins to hit the treetops. About five minutes later, the group reaches the site of the inn. Remnants of a wooden wall abut the road, rotted by rain and weather in many places. A few areas near the open-fronted stable show where the wood was once regularly whitewashed to protect it, but upkeep has been lacking.

Outside the wall and also next to the road are some areas covered in overgrown gravel or stone. Trees block off their flanks and the north side, and also screen what look like a couple of outhouses.

At the rear of the courtyard is a two-story building made of stone (first floor) and wood (second floor), which looks like a fairly typical inn. A sign, which has been kept up a bit better, proudly proclaims it as.

9 Days East Road Inn And TavernSpot Clan Tax Collection Point

You don’t see or hear anyone around.

Orlando has 1 casting of the CODP expended.

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh221/jonathan8883/east%20inn%209.jpg (http://s257.photobucket.com/user/jonathan8883/media/east%20inn%209.jpg.html)

=> Party

bcool999
2017-04-27, 05:21 PM
Brutus sniffs about, not sure how long it has been since the Spot clan has been here, or if they are merely not early risers. "Depending on how this Spot clan greets us, Orlando may have finally found an inn that caters to her diet." Brutus says as he loosens up his shoulders for a possible fight, "And I might get a little exercise in before I go to bed today."

Aegis013
2017-04-27, 07:57 PM
"If it does come to that, let's at least hope they put up a fight." Knurl says softly, breathing deeply of the crisp morning air. "Orlando or Lorek, can either of you fly about the place and see if you see anybody inside through the windows or around the place? If not, I say we go in through front."

Eldest
2017-04-27, 08:30 PM
Orlando nods and grunts - she always is surly when the sun is up - and goes mistform, snooping about the inn.

J-H
2017-04-27, 09:40 PM
There are, at the least, some leaks in the roof, and some holes in the walls. It would be a minor miracle if no small animals were nesting inside. However, the structure is generally sound, and rather well-lit by the sunlight. Some of the shutters can certainly be closed, but they are wood and may not block all light.

The chimney in the back corner kitchen is dark and cold.

For a mental picture, think of a “Western movie” style tavern with a large common room and some sleeping rooms upstairs.

Map:
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh221/jonathan8883/east%20inn%209%20structure.jpg

Note that the sun is currently in the east, and interior sunlight patterns may shift throughout the day.

Aegis013
2017-04-30, 11:16 PM
"Let's camp here until sundown." Knurl suggests, after (presumably) receiving the all-clear from Orlando. He goes and checks the front door and, assuming its unlocked begins walking about the place to determine the various entrances that might be present, after all, even slight fortification can go a long way in the light that the Spot Clan may show themselves.

Knurl looks for simple ways to fortify any entrances other than the front, barricading with furniture or the like.

bcool999
2017-05-01, 02:18 AM
Brutus

Only mildly disappointed that there is no one to fight, Brutus lends his hand in fortifying for the night (day), plopping Orlando's coffin down in the darkest corner he can find, moving furniture about to their liking, and sniffing about for any tasty mid-morn snacks.

After they are more or less secured and settled for the night, Brutus trusts the unsleeping Lorek with the night watch, and drifts off to sleep in armor.

Eldest
2017-05-05, 04:28 PM
Orlando goes to "sleep" in her coffin. No reason in wasting spells searching for another place to bunker down in.

J-H
2017-05-06, 12:21 PM
Orlando retreats to her coffin, which is placed in the storage room on the first floor, near an area that probably once held wines and cheeses. Knurl is able to block the front door with a couple of tables, although the windows are too large and too high to be easily blocked. He piles a couple of chairs in front of the door into the kitchen, with Brutus’ help.

A couple of hours pass, and Lorek sees a couple of humanoid figures approaching. His keen senses lets them see that they have cat-like ears, yellow fur with black spots, and long, cat-like legs.

Is Knurl awake? Where is he?
Where is Brutus sleeping?
Where is Lorek keeping watch from?

Zanos
2017-05-06, 12:51 PM
Company. Could be the self-appointed 'owners' of this establishment.

Knowledge w/Collector of Stories:
[roll0]

Lorek is keeping watch from the table/chairs area on the lower floor.

Aegis013
2017-05-06, 04:24 PM
Knurl readies himself for battle, but waits to see how things play out. Perhaps violence won't be necessary.

bcool999
2017-05-06, 05:06 PM
Brutus is sleeping in the top right corner of the tavern space. Lounging like a cat in the morning sun.

Listen (Sleep penalties applied): [roll0]

J-H
2017-05-06, 09:47 PM
The feline features of the humanoids resemble those of cheetahs, a predatory cat known for its ability to run incredibly fast for brief sprints. Nothing can outrun a cheetah’s sprint, except perhaps a flying creature in a power dive. The hunched posture, and the lack of much in the way of clothing and gear on them, suggests that he is looking at shape-shifted creatures, presumably were-cheetahs in a hybrid form. Lorek is aware of the typical lycanthrope traits, although he is not able to tell at a distance if they are natural or afflicted.

Three are approaching through the front gate, armed with melee weapons, while a fourth hangs back with a bow. As Lorek watches from within, the one on the west grows in size, growing to nearly 15’ tall (Huge).

The one in the middle calls out in a loud voice. “Gooood morning, travelers! Welcome to the Spot Clan domain, and thank you for being sooo kind as to stop at our tax collection post! Please step outside so we can settle your tolls like civilized people.”

A Large rust monster noses its way through a hole in the western stables area, apparently ignoring the were-cheetahs.

He’s loud enough to wake Brutus, but likely not Orlando, who is in an interior room with her coffin shut.

bcool999
2017-05-06, 11:56 PM
Brutus

Waking up annoyed at the mewling feline outside, Brutus nevertheless takes a moment to center himself, which some might call at odds with his appearance. Once focused a film of shimmering energy slides across his armor before fading from sight. He gets up and walks over to Lorek, "Think we should fight them, or scare them off? I know I am not paying to have my sleep interrupted."

Taking 10 on Concentration to become Psionically Focused. Deflective Armor kicks in after that giving me Touch ac 21 (as stated on sheet) Shield isn't out yet so that Normal AC is only 26.

Aegis013
2017-05-08, 09:24 PM
Knurl listens to Brutus' suggestion. "Let's see if we can get them to leave by asking... nicely." He murmurs, skillfully retrieving grasping his flail.

J-H
2017-05-18, 03:59 PM
None of the group responds.

“If you won’t come out, we must come in!” the talker calls out again. Several of the were-cheetahs apparently cast spells or do other things to prepare. The Huge one seems to bulk up further, moving easily as he approaches the door along with the greatsword-wielder (they are 30’ from the door).

Lorek, through a window, sees one of them rise in to the air to the southeast, about 40’ to the southeast of the inn.

Lorek recognizes Mass Shield of Faith
Let me know if you are ready for a map…

Aegis013
2017-05-20, 03:29 PM
Knurl goes to the front door adjusting his sundark goggles onto his face and opens it like nothing is going on, he stomps forward a step and addresses the creatures in a booming voice. "Greetings, Spot Clan. I am Knurl of the Crimson Barb Clan. It is not wise to attempt aggressive action against us, unless you want to enjoy discovering the colors of your entrails as we force feed them to you, you should leave now and let us be on our way. If you do not, I make a solemn promise to you that you will regret your foolishness to your dying breaths as we paint this land red with your lifeblood. Then, we will hunt down your children, loved ones, families and friends, and I assure you that they will wish desperately for death, but be unable to find it. You have my word on this, should you choose to continue your current course. What say you?"

Knurl raises his flail and begins to slowly let the red-tipped, jagged, spiked orb on the chain swing back and forth, building momentum in anticipation of the ensuing battle.

Intimidate roll: [roll0]

Eldest
2017-05-20, 04:45 PM
At that, Orlando stirs a bit.

Listen: [roll0] at -10 for being asleep.

J-H
2017-05-21, 03:02 PM
The talker struts forward. “Crimson barb clan? What, are you a disguised hook horror? If you will not submit, then you will die. We’d offer you a chance to join us if you fight well, but, well… you’re an orc, and we don’t adopt inferior stock.”

You notice that the greatsword wielder has a slight elven cast to his hybrid/cat-like face, as does the archer. The huge bare-handed cat man advances slightly, ready to attack, as does the greatsword-wielder. The rust monster continues to stay undercover. The archer takes aim.

“Pay up or die, you and any of your red fishhook’ers. It sure doesn't smell like there are many of you in there.”

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh221/jonathan8883/spot-inn-rd-0.jpg (http://s257.photobucket.com/user/jonathan8883/media/spot-inn-rd-0.jpg.html)

Big Guy, Greatsword, and Archer appear to have readied attacks.
F is Flyer
Rm is Rust Monster
T is Talker, who has been seen casting at least one spell.

=> Party

bcool999
2017-05-21, 08:48 PM
Brutus

Brutus moves into position in the south east corner of the room. About ready to burst out of the inn and wreak havoc.

Not sure why Brutus is upstairs. Anyway, he moves to squares AV:123 through AW:122.
Question, if Brutus charges at a wall and beats it's pathetic str DC to break it, can he keep charging at an enemy beyond the wall assuming he has movement remaining?

Aegis013
2017-05-21, 09:37 PM
Knurl screams as his blood begins to boil "THEN THIS PLACE SHALL BE YOUR GRAVE!"

His shield comes off his back in the blink of an eye as he nimbly retrieves it, his flail now whipping around rapidly.

Knurl's stance changes slightly and his wings unfurl as the ball of spikes goes flying towards the one wielding the greatsword.

Swift: Change stance to Leading the Charge.

Full-Attack: Warleader's Charge against the Greatsword guy.

Attack with the Shield.

Initial Attack:
[roll0] to hit (+2 for charging), Crit threat on 44
For:
[roll1] damage (9+bonus damage of str*2 from bloodspiked charger+35 warleader's charge, 13 for Leading the Charge, since I'm an ally that can hear me charging.)

If it hits and inflicts 10 damage, I attempt to Knock the Greatsword guy down:

[roll2] to connect with the flail to trip him.
[roll3] Strength roll to trip him.

If he's tripped, follow up with a free shield slam:

[roll4] to hit (enemy would be at a -4 penalty to AC due to being prone) for... (crit threat on a 42)

[roll5] additional damage (9 str + 13 Leading the Charge).

If crit threat,
Initial Attack
[roll6] to confirm

[roll7] critical hit damage.

Free trip atttack:
[roll8] to confirm
[roll9] critical hit damage.

Zanos
2017-05-27, 09:09 PM
Lorek snaps his fingers, infusing Knurl and himself with greater alacrity, before focusing his rod to fire a bolt of bluish flame across the attackers, bursting into an orb of blue fire next to the catman, leaving everything in the area unburnt. He retreats further into the inn.

Casting haste on myself and knurl, then using my lesser quicken rod to cast an area dispel magic next to the cat guy, catching RM, GS, and BG. Taking 10 on dispel checks with arcane mastery, and uncapping caster level to 15 with reserves of strength.

[roll0] Self damage from reserves.

J-H
2017-05-27, 10:37 PM
Round 1, Part 1

Brutus advances within the inn, just in time to benefit from Lorek’s Haste effect. Lorek then sends out a wave of magic, trying to weaken the foes in front of him. The rust monster flickers and vanishes from sight, as it is revealed to have been an illusion. The large were-cheetah staggers slightly as his body loses a bit of mass.

Dispel check of 25 vs 11+CL
Rust Monster illusion is dispelled
No effect on G (shield of faith, mass, not dispelled)
BG has two powers of equal ML, so the one with more PP invested at the time of manifesting is affected. Animal Affinity is dispelled.

Knurl charges forward with his shield, taking a kick from the oversized were-cheetah. The greatsword-user reacts swiftly, attacking and just barely managing to redirect the force of the blow so that Knurl's spiked shield doesn't hit him square-on.

BG makes his readied attack; he does not get an AOO thanks to Warleader’s Charge.
Unarmed strike for hit for 29
Crits [roll2] for [roll3]

G makes his readied attack.
Greatsword [roll4] for [roll]2d6+9[ hit for 17
Crits [roll5] for [roll]2d6+9[

G attempts to counter the charge with Wall of Blades.
Opposed roll vs 31 (Knurl gets +1 to-hit from Haste) BARELY blocks it.

If fails, he’s hit for 97 damage after 5 DR, and has to make an opposed strength roll or be tripped and then hit for 42 extra damage.
Strength check [roll]1dd20+5 vs 25

Orlando awakens in her coffin, hearing the sound of battle.

Knurl 46 damage (some in delayed damage pool) Hasted
Brutus Hasted
Lorek 27 damage, Hasted

Enemy turn pending

Eldest
2017-05-27, 11:00 PM
Orlando considers rolling over and letting the rest of them handle it: her bane was about, and one misstep might give her to death, finally. But, on the other hand, she'd never live it down if she stayed in her coffin, and she'd never forgive herself if she lost friends to her own cowardliness about the sun. Compromising, she casts her protection spell from light, before opening the coffin and creeping out of it.
Casting Cloak of Dark Power, then sneaking out.
[roll0] Hide
[roll1] MS

J-H
2017-05-28, 08:56 AM
Round 1, Part 2

The flyer outside drifts to the northeast, pointing and firing a blast of magical energy at Brutus through one of the windows, but the attack seems to glance off his armor.

Eldritch blast ranged touch, at -4 due to cover.
Attack [roll0] for 42 damage Miss

The archer fires at Knurl, releasing three arrows, all of which miss. The were-cheetah who’s done most of the talking steps forward, firing a grayish ray of energy at Knurl. The ray hits, but Knurl shakes it off

Rapid shot all miss
[roll1] for [roll2]
[roll3] for [roll4]
[roll5] for [roll6]

Lorek’s Spellcraft skill lets him identify it as a Reach Bestow Curse.
Will DC 19 or -4 on attacks, saves, ability checks, and skill checks
Ranged touch [roll7] hit
Knurl Will [roll8] saved

The greatsword wielder eyes Knurl, then targets a joint in his armor with a single precise blow that goes awry. The huge were-cheetah, on the other hand, lashes out with a flurry of kicks and attacks, clawing at the orc.

G
Ruby Nightmare Blade, Concentration vs AC for double damage, or -2 to-hit if fails)
Power attack for -2/+4
Concentration [roll9] vs 25, fail
Attack [roll10] miss
Damage [roll11], double on RNB success.
Crits Attack [roll12], Damage [roll13]

BG
Unarmed strike [roll14] for [roll15] miss
Unarmed strike [roll16] for [roll17] hit for 30
Claw [roll18] for [roll19] miss
Claw [roll20] for [roll21] hit for 9
Bite [roll22] for [roll23] hit for 11

A cloud of yellowish fog billows up out of the ground and fills the western part of the inn, towering over Lorek as it fills the great room from floor to ceiling. The lich recognizes it as Cloudkill.

Inside the inn, the back door opens.

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh221/jonathan8883/spot-inn-rd-1.jpg (http://s257.photobucket.com/user/jonathan8883/media/spot-inn-rd-1.jpg.html)

Knurl 81 damage (some in delayed damage pool) Hasted corrected for DR
Brutus Hasted
Lorek 27 damage, Hasted
=> Party

bcool999
2017-05-28, 10:38 AM
Brutus

Snorting disdainfully at the flyer attempting to hit him with his spellwork, Brutus looks though a window and locks eyes on the large foe. Grinning, Brutus surges forth in a beeline toward the biggest foe, reaching out his hands as he approaches the wall at speed, he flexes his arms and pushes.

Charging Bull Rush at the wall, Strength Check: [roll0] assuming dungeoncrashers +5 to strength checks applies since I am breaking a wall otherwise +17. EDIT: I messed up my roll, if this is a Bull Rush it should get +2 for charging, and +4 for large size (Wall also probably gets a +4 for being exceptionally stable too though) If this is just a strength check to break the wall then +2 and +4 are added below.
Here is an extra Strength Check if the DM wants to separate it into Break wall ->Then Bull rush: [roll1]

Brutus is charging in a diagonal line toward AF:129 (Lower left corner position) and (Assuming I get that far) should be adjacent to both BG and Knurl.

If I can go that far and Domino Rush still works when bull rushing a wall into another person I gain a trip attempt against BG (and the wall). Also, assuming I am lugging around a 10ft section of wall, do I have cover against BG's AoO?
[roll2]

Aegis013
2017-05-29, 08:31 PM
Knurl snarls and roars as he is buffeted from multiple directions, however, he doesn't lose his mind to the battle. He decides that if the talker were to fall, the enemy's morale would likely suffer. He carefully shifts himself towards the caster before vanishing, reappearing with a roar in front of the talkative were-cheetah, his shield swinging with the power of his fury.

Knurl took 96 damage, if the DR 3/- from Adamantine armor was factored in. Otherwise, he takes 81 damage. I'm assuming the DR wasn't factored in based on the rolls in the spoilers, let me know if I'm incorrect. 20 of those go into Steeley Resolve and 61 go to his health pool.

Swift: None
Free 5ft step towards T.
Move: Boots of Swift Passage to move action 20ft teleport directly in front of T. If he used a Reach spell, he's 30ft away, this should put me adjacent to him.
Standard: Divine Surge attack with the shield, +3 to hit and damage from Steeley, +1 from haste.

new maneuver granted [roll0]

attack: [roll1] to hit for...
[roll2] plus [roll3] damage (str+leading the charge effect+steeley resolve) subtract 14.
[roll4] to self on hit

If it hits and deals at least 10 damage, Knurl attempts to trip.

[roll5] to connect with the flail
[roll6] strength check to trip, and if successful

[roll7] to hit with the shield for...
[roll8] damage. (subtract 14)
[roll9] to self on hit

Knurl will then attempt to protect himself or any ally that happens to be within his reach somehow from the next attack made against them via Shield Counter maneuver.
[roll10] to counter an attack.

Zanos
2017-05-30, 10:03 PM
Lorek makes a slow hand motion over the doorway, robbing his oppponents of the same alacrity he granted his allies. He focuses on his rod again, the points of light in his pupils shifting slightly. Lorek then moves into the poisonous fog.

Slow on BG, GS, and T, then casting see invisibility and checking the back door. Will call out if he sees anything. Moving to AN119.

EDIT: Slow DC is 22.

J-H
2017-06-01, 10:47 AM
Round 2, Part 1

Orlando emerges silently from her coffin, and hears someone at the back door.

Lorek casts a pair of spells. His newly enhanced vision reveals the invisible figure of another were-cheetah outside the inn, probably the one the Cloudkill spell originated from.

Will DC22 or Slow for 11 rounds.
G Will [roll0] fail
T Will [roll1] save
BG Will [roll2] fail

Brutus slams through the first-floor stone wall, sending stones flying as he creates his own door. The were-cheetah towering over him tries to strike him, but the flying stones mess up his depth perception, and he misses.

The inn was described as having a stone first floor and wood second floor wall.
Break DC for a 1’ masonry wall is 35 (strength check), which Bull Rush is a variant of.
Wall size matters not. Check results 37+6 = 43, so you beat the break check by 8, which lets you bull rush 10’ total past the wall after “entering the wall’s space” (ie centered on the wall).
This does move you through a couple of threatened spaces (AR126:AS127 moving to AQ127:AR128) so BG gets an AOO thanks to his 15’ reach.

Unarmed strike [roll3] for [roll4]; 28 to hit thanks to Slow

Knurl teleports, bashing his shield into the negotiator’s face and knocking him to the ground and causing his ioun stones to shift in their orbit before pounding him again.

Hit for 39+26 = 65, - 5 DR = 60
5 self damage
Trip hits, strength check 24, opposed dex [roll5]

Then hit for 47-5 dr = 42
2 self damage

G slowed
BG slowed
T 102 damage, prone

Knurl 88 damage (some in delayed damage pool), Hasted
Brutus Hasted
Lorek 27 damage, Hasted, See Invisible

J-H
2017-06-01, 01:30 PM
Round 2, Part 2

The big one shouts in a deep, slurred voice – “Chhaass, wwee’vvee bbeeeennn ssslllooowwweddd!” – before kicking out again at Brutus with a taloned foot the size of a cart wheel. The flying were-cheetah points both hands at the minotaur, firing two blasts of energy, but missing with both.

Unarmed strike [roll0] for [roll1] includes -1 to-hit for slow.
Beshadowed EB
[roll2] ranged touch, [roll3] damage, Fort DC19 or blind for 1 round
Brutus Fort [roll4], fails on a 1 save
Quickened EB
[roll5] ranged touch, [roll6] damage
hit x 3 for 27+27+29 = 83 damage 27

The archer fires two arrows that crackle with lightning at Knurl as the greatsword-wielder charges at the orc from behind, and meets with payback as Knurl’s shield knocks his sword away!

Attack [roll7] hit for 11 after DR
Damage [roll8] plus [roll9] elec

Attack [roll10] miss
Damage [roll11] plus [roll12] elec

Standard action charge from G; +2 to-hit from charge, -1 from Slow. Cannot use a full-round maneuver due to slow.
Blocked by Shield Counter!

At Knurl’s feet, the werecheetah snarls, grasping an amulet at his neck and calling upon Malar, the Beastlord. Magic washes over Knurl, and a moment later, a great curtain of whirling blades appears, sending flashes of sunlight everywhere and cutting into Knurl, Brutus, and the inn.

Nobody with spellcraft is in range to see…
Quickened spell, Fort DC 18 or bad stuff.
Knurl Fort [roll13] save, spell negated

Lorek sees some of the effects of this one, and can identify it as Blade Barrier (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/bladeBarrier.htm). Everyone can feel free to look it up.
Defensive casting to avoid provoking AOO, Conc DC21 [roll14] auto passes.
Blade barrier [roll15] damage
Reflex negates initial damage if Brutus & Knurl can make the save. Pick your side of choice (Brutus) and be there next round or take damage as though moving through the wall.
Reflex DC 21
Knurl Reflex [roll16] save, no damage
Brutus Reflex [roll17] forgot +1 from haste; still fail, 45 damage

Lorek sees the invisible wizard cast a spell; the effects are obvious a moment later, as rubbery black tentacles spring up from the floor and attempt to ensnare him.

Black Tentacles
Tentacle grapple [roll18]
Lorek grapple [roll19] (BAB 5, strength -2, OUCH).
Damage [roll20] grappled for 10 damage
This thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?189340-Evard-s-Black-Tentacles) indicates that DR probably does not apply to EBT damage. I am open to counter-arguments if it’s significant.

The were-cheetah at the back door does not seem to spot Orlando. He casts another spell, growing a second pair of arms (Girallon’s Blessing), and advances into the main room of the inn. Another one, armed with a bow, rushes down the stairs, and starts yelling upon seeing Lorek. “Their wizard is undead! Undead in here, and still one unaccounted for, watch out!”

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh221/jonathan8883/spot-inn-rd-2.jpg (http://s257.photobucket.com/user/jonathan8883/media/spot-inn-rd-2.jpg.html)
The wall of blades is running more or less down the middle of the highlighted squares. A 5' step gets you out of its effects.

G slowed
BG slowed
T 102 damage, prone

Knurl 99 damage (some in delayed damage pool), Hasted
Brutus 72 damage, Hasted
Lorek 37 damage, Hasted, See Invisible, Grappling
=> Party

bcool999
2017-06-02, 10:22 AM
Brutus
HP 154/226
AC 31 (21 touch, 30 FF)

Annoyed at the cat-man before him, and the annoying mosquito buzzing about his head, Brutus brazenly moves while drawing his Greataxe, daring the foe before him to attack. Once in position, Brutus' muscles bulge as he brings his axe to bare upon the giant with oppressive force.

Move to AM:129 thru AN:128 eating the AoO if it hits AC/Miss chance, drawing my Greataxe as I do so.

Standard: Great Swing Squares AN:131, AN:130, and AO:130 (Cat dude probably does not get hit 3 times, but I could dream). Power attacking for 7
Attack roll: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] (not silver) + [roll2] Vampiric damage
If this guy is capable of casting arcane magic or invocations, +2 to hit and damage and +[roll3] damage from Magebane.

On Hit, Bullrush from Knockback
Bull Rush: [roll4] (17 str, 14 knockback, 4 size)
If successful, I will attempt to use directed Bull rush from Shock trooper to direct the guy through the blade barrier and into Greatsword guy (hopefully avoiding Knurl) and if they hit I get a free trip against both at a +21 modifier (17 strength, 4 size) and they don't get to trip me back (as part of Shock trooper).

Aegis013
2017-06-03, 10:48 AM
Knurl (current HP: 102/182, 18/20 in Steeley Resolve) shifts to the opposite side of the wall from the Greatsword wielder as he barely escapes the conjured blades.

From the SRD (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/bladeBarrier.htm) "Each such creature can avoid the wall (ending up on the side of its choice) and thus take no damage by making a successful Reflex save" shift to square AP 135 as part of the successful Reflex save.

He takes advantage of the situation to try to assume a better position over his foe and unleashes multiple attacks, planting his feet firmly in the ground as he attempts to mutilate the caster, swinging the barbed orb wildly back and forth and following up with a heavy downward slam from his jagged metal shield.

Swift: Enter Martial Spirit stance
5ft step 1 square down to AP 136.
Full Attack, sacrificing 5 to hit for Stone Power.

Flail attacks:
(enemy has -4 AC due to prone) atk 1 (-5 for Stone Power, -2 for TWF, +3 for Furious Counterstrike)
1. [roll0] (crit threat on 37)
2. [roll1] (crit threat on 32)
3. [roll2] (crit threat on 27)
Shield attack:
4. [roll3] (crit threat on 39)

Successful hits deal:
1. [roll4] plus [roll5] and [roll]1d6/roll] 3 to self
2. [roll6] plus [roll7] and [roll]1d6/roll] 6 to self
3. [roll8] plus [roll9] and [roll]1d6/roll] 2 to self
4. [roll10] and [roll11] 4 damage to self

Confirmation rolls:
1. [roll12]
2. [roll13]
3. [roll14]
4. [roll15]

If confirmed, critical damage:
1. [roll16]
2. [roll17]
3. [roll18]
4. [roll19]

Any hits mean Knurl gains 10 temporary HP bringing him to 112 current HP.
Every hit also heals Knurl for 2 hp.

Zanos
2017-06-04, 12:11 PM
Lorek discharges one of his active transmutations, his form becoming fluid, easily slipping through the tentacles. He intones another transmutation effect, vanishing partially from reality and phasing through the walls into the storage area with Orlando.

Swift action expending heart of water to get freedom of movement, then casting greater blink, moving 50' with overland flight into 114 AN.

Can he see me in the cloudkill? I thought it obscured vision. I won't argue about the DR, spell weapon damage is weird an all of it going through DR is technically RAW.

Eldest
2017-06-04, 05:37 PM
Orlando hisses a word, charging up to the invisible wizard and slamming a roundhouse kick into his side.

Using Duskblade to swift action cast see invisible.
Sneaking to AS113 if possible. [roll0] Hide
[roll1] Move Silently.
Power attacking C for 5, channeling Necrotic Cyst. [roll2]
If hit. [roll3] and 2 negative levels.
Save DC 17 fort or implanted with a Cyst.

J-H
2017-06-04, 10:40 PM
Round 3, Part 1

Lorek slips out of the ensnaring tentacles, blinking into the ethereal plane long enough to move out of sight through a wall. Orlando sneaks up behind the four-armed were-cheetah and strikes at him, landing a powerful kick before casting a spell of protection.

Sneaking is at half speed, so you can only move to AR113 instead of AS113.
Target is denied Dex to AC, so that terrible roll hits!
19 damage after DR 5/silver, 2 negative levels, Fort DC17 or cyst

C fort [roll0] including -2 for neg levels save

Brutus moves incautiously to the side, well away from the blade barrier. The huge cat lashes out again, but misses, and in return takes a powerful strike that sends him staggering back into the wall of whirling edged steel.

AOO
Attack [roll1] for [roll2] and [roll3] miss chance, low is bad. Includes -1 to-hit from Slow. DOUBLE MISS

Brutus hits for 47 damage after DR, heals for 2.
Bull rush resist [roll4] vs 36.

Reflex save vs Blade Barrier [roll5]
BG Reflex [roll6] vs DC 21 save, 29 damage

Knurl smashes his downed foe repeatedly.

3 hits for 29, 26, and, 27 minus DR (5x3) = 67 damage
13 self damage
6 healing from Martial Spirit

G slowed
BG 76 damage, slowed
T 169 damage, prone
C 19 damage, 2 negative levels

Orlando, GMA
Knurl +10 temp hp, 106 damage (some in delayed damage pool), Hasted
Brutus 70 damage, Hasted
Lorek 37 damage, Hasted, See Invisible, Greater Blink

Buff expirations:
Haste Rd 11 part 1
Greater Blink Rd 14 part 1

J-H
2017-06-05, 11:08 AM
Round 3, Part 2

The invisible wizard to the west must have cast a spell, because the greatsword wielder, the big one, and the prone caster all begin moving faster (Haste, negates Slow, Hastes T).

Outside, the prone and bloodied felinoid glares at Knurl. “Malar curse you!” he spits, and magic comes with his words, leaving Knurl feeling slightly off. He stands up, getting slammed in the face with a flail as he does. Guarding himself, he casts a spell, standing straighter as healing energy rushes through his body.

Quickened spell, Will DC 17 or bad stuff
Fail: Curse of Ill Fortune (you don't know IC what the spell's name is) –3 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, ability checks, and skill checks. Duration is 1 min/level, so longer than the battle will be.

Knurl AOO [roll0] for [roll1] and [roll2] and [roll3] self damage +2 healing from Martial Spirit. You can’t trip with an AOO because it occurs immediately before the provoking action. Hit for 18 after DR, crit not confirmed. Knurl damage is a wash.

Concentration to cast defensively d20+21 vs DC 21, auto-passes.
Heals 150 hp worth of damage.

The greatsword-wielder circles around the wall, moving a bit faster and striking at Knurl with a blow aimed at ringing his helmet, but it's deflected off of the orog's armor.

Knurl’s knowledge of combat arts lets him recognize a stance change to Absolute Steel (+2ac moving in a round, +10’ move speed), and an attempted Disrupting Blow.

Attack [roll4] for [roll5] Miss! Haste bumped Knurl to AC 25
Will DC 20 or lose actions for next round (you can still take AOOs)
Knurl Will [roll6]

With a roar of frustration, the flying warlock shoot two more rays at Brutus, one of which finally connects. The archer, unable to hit Knurl, also tries firing at the bigger target, but seems to be having a bad day and still can't hit anything but armor plating.

Beshadowed EB
[roll7] ranged touch, [roll8] damage, Fort DC19 or blind for 1 round, miss chance [roll9]
Brutus Fort [roll10], fails on a 1 miss
Quickened EB hit for 34
[roll11] ranged touch, [roll12] damage, miss chance [roll13]

Archer:
Attack [roll14], miss chance [roll15] miss due to Haste
Damage [roll16] plus [roll17] elec

Attack [roll18], miss chance [roll19] miss
Damage [roll20] plus [roll21] elec

With his speed newly boosted, the huge one steps out of the wall of blades and launches himself at Brutus in a whirlwind of attacks, most of which fail to connect.

5’ step, hasted full attack. He's not a monk, but he apparently has Flurry of Misses.
Unarmed strike [roll22] for [roll23], miss [roll24] hit for 29
Unarmed strike [roll25] for [roll26], miss [roll27] miss
Unarmed strike [roll28] for [roll29], miss [roll30] miss
Claw [roll31] for [roll32], miss [roll33] miss
Claw [roll34] for [roll35], miss [roll36] hit for 11
Bite [roll37] for [roll38], miss [roll39] miss

The cloud of deadly vapors moves farther into the inn (moves 10’ east). The injured four-armed caster steps back and casts a spell that Orlando recognizes from long experience as Death Ward, before spreading all four arms and leering at the vampire. “Come on, then, Vampire! Malar does love a good hunt.”

The archer who’d come down the stairs eyes the deadly cloud and runs across to the hole Brutus made.

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh221/jonathan8883/spot-inn-rd-3.jpg

BG 76 damage
T 37 damage, hasted

Orlando, GMA
Brutus 144 damage, Hasted

=> Party

bcool999
2017-06-05, 01:57 PM
Brutus

Angered by the flying gnat, Brutus shoots a glare at it before returning his attention to the foe before him. It is not often that Brutus gets to fight a foe larger than he is, but this one was disappointing to him. He didn't use his power for clean devastating strikes but instead flipped around like he was dancing. Brutus kicks off with his left leg to slide to the right and invade his foe's personal space. That done, Brutus' arms bulge as he attempts to cleave through his enemy with his axe and uses the extra magical speed to hack at him with a backswing. He turns in place using the momentum from the spin as he raises his axe high and brings it down on his foe quickly followed by a lunge forward from his horns seeking to gore and launch the big cat man.

5ft step diagonally to be adjacent from BG (Brutus should have his lower left corner in AL:130 if I read the map correctly.)

Full Attack on BG. Power Attacking for 3.
Greataxe1: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] + [roll2]

And the attack from Haste.
Greataxe2: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4] + [roll5]

Final greataxe.
Greataxe3: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7] + [roll8]

And now the gore attack.
Gore: [roll9]
Damage: [roll10] + Knockback bull rush if it hits: [roll11]

J-H
2017-06-05, 02:13 PM
Brutus strikes swiftly, three axe-blows driving the were-cheetah to his knees and nearly splitting him in half. The lycanthrope collapses to the ground, dead. His corpse transforms into that of a gruesomely dead human clad in animal skins, wearing an amulet and a breastplate.

T 37 damage, hasted

Orlando, GMA
Brutus 133 damage, Hasted

Eldest
2017-06-08, 07:40 AM
Orlando smiles and drawls. That's my line, normally. So good to have a willing victim. She draws her weapon and steps towards him, sword glowing with magical power.

Casting Dispelling Touch, Falcion Attack

[roll1]
Dispel Check [1d20+10
Crit confirm on a roll of 33 and up.
[roll2]
[roll3]

Aegis013
2017-06-08, 07:57 PM
Seeing the futility in his efforts at finishing the caster, as the feline appears to knit himself back together before Knurl's very eyes, Knurl turns his attention elsewhere, concentrating their power to fell at least one enemy before further damage can be inflicted to the group, he vanishes and appears behind the large one, flanking it with Brutus. Seeing the creature knit its flesh back together before his eyes, a smile revealing his sharp teeth snarls across Knurl's face, the opportunity to tear this being apart once again presenting itself. He raises his shield, catching the morning sun with a brilliant flash, steam releasing from his mouth as with a furious, inspiring grunt he slams the shield against his target.

Brutus is just outside of healing range, so I have to close the gap a bit.
Move Action, Boots of Swift Passage to teleport to AP, 133
5 ft step northward.
Use Rallying Strike against BG
[roll0] to hit (22 normal, -3 for curse, +3 Furious Counterstrike, +1 Haste, +2 flanking)
for
[roll1] (+3 Furious Counterstrike) damage and heals allies within 30ft for [roll2] HP
and [roll3] to self

If it hits, Knurl heals for 2, additionally.
[roll4] to confirm for an additional
[roll5] damage

Zanos
2017-06-08, 07:58 PM
Lorek's translucent form emerges from the wall behind Brutus, the points of light in his eye sockets focusing on the creature with the greatsword. His will amplified by arcane incantations, it clashes with his own.

Moving to AN 126, casting dominate person on greatsword guy. Will DC 24.

J-H
2017-06-10, 10:19 PM
Round 4, Part 1

Brutus strikes swiftly, three axe-blows driving the were-cheetah to his knees and nearly splitting him in half. The lycanthrope collapses to the ground, dead. His corpse transforms into that of a gruesomely dead human clad in animal skins, wearing an amulet and a breastplate.

Orlando slices at the four-armed were-cheetah, doing some damage (hit for 14 after DR) but failing to disrupt his magic.

Knurl rams his shield into the caster, dealing damage and healing himself at the same time (hit for 41, self-damage for 4, heal for 26. Beside him, the greatsword-wielder comes under a mental assault,

DC 24 or dominated…
G Will [roll0] Fail

Giving a creature a command is a move action, so you’ll be able to order him around on your next turn. I’ll switch him to your initiative block so he can act when you do next round.

T 78 damage, hasted
C 33 damage, 2 negative levels

G Dominated

Orlando, GMA
Knurl +10 temp hp, 84 damage, Hasted
Brutus 133 damage, Hasted

J-H
2017-06-10, 11:39 PM
Round 4, Part 2

The Cloudkill cloud moves east.

A pulse of energy washes over Knurl and Brutus. They slow and slouch, suddenly exhausted. Lorek is able to recognize the spell as Waves of Exhaustion.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/wavesOfExhaustion.htm
No save. -6 str, -6 dex, move at half speed.

The greatsword-wielder seems to freeze in place, as Knurl’s other opponent touches his amulet and lashes out with his Malar-blessed natural weapons, his claws suddenly dripping with a black fluid. He also bites at Knurl, grabbing on and twisting him to the ground.

Knurl has DR 3/ad; exhaustion brings his AC down to 22 (24+1 haste-3 dex)

T activates his amulet as a swift action. Full attack, with Haste on the to-hit and giving an extra attack.
Claw attack [roll0] for [roll1] hit for 6 after DR
On-hit, Fort DC 20 or [roll2] dex damage
Knurl Fort [roll3] save
Claw attack [roll4] for [roll5] hit for 4 after DR
Knurl Fort [roll6] save
Claw attack [roll7] for [roll8] hit for 3 after DR
Knurl Fort [roll9] fail, 5 dex damage; should have rolled separately for each but didn't...only 1 fail, so I'll use the 1 dice roll I did make.

Bite – Trip attack [roll10] with Improved Trip. hit
Trip check [roll11] vs Knurl [roll12] (originally 9, -3 for exhaustion) success
summary: 13 damage, 5 dex damage, tripped

The archer tries a new tactic, and fires a couple of arrows between Brutus and Lorek. Hitting the ground, the arrows begin to hiss, and emit a small spray of acid.

Fountainhead arrows!
Rapid shot (3 arrows) vs AC 5, auto-hits except on a 1. [roll13] to see if I need to roll for a location miss.
Fountainheads x 3, round 1 of 3.
Acid [roll14] Reflex DC 14 half.
Brutus Reflex [roll15]Brutus Reflex [roll16] incl +1 haste 6 damage
Lorek Reflex [roll17] incl +1 haste, and half damage from blinking since it’s an area attack. 3 damage

Acid [roll18] Reflex DC 14 half.
Brutus Reflex [roll19]Brutus Reflex [roll20] incl +1 haste 4 damage
Lorek Reflex [roll21] incl +1 haste, and half damage from blinking since it’s an area attack. 2 damage

Acid [roll22] Reflex DC 14 half.
Brutus Reflex [roll23]Brutus Reflex [roll24] incl +1 haste I forgot to factor in -3 from exhaustion, so this one fails. 5 damage!
Lorek Reflex [roll25] incl +1 haste, and half damage from blinking since it’s an area attack. 1 damage

Given a new target, the flying warlock fires a pair of blasts at Lorek before ascending slightly. One of them connects.

EB
[roll26] ranged touch, [roll27] damage, miss chance [roll28] (miss on 20 or lower, warlock can see invis)
Quickened EBhit for 26
[roll29] ranged touch, [roll30] damage, miss chance [roll31] miss from smoking

The bowman at the door fires three arrows at Brutus before ducking around the corner.

Bow has Seeking, so no miss chance. Full attack, then 5’ step. Brutus has AC 31 +1 haste -3 exhaustion = 29
Attack [roll32] hit for 13
Damage [roll33] and [roll34] elec
Attack [roll35] hit for 9
Damage [roll36] and [roll37] elec
Attack [roll38] miss
Damage [roll39] and [roll40] elec

Facing off with Orlando, the four-armed were-cheetah snarls and attacks, his arms momentarily tipped with flame.

Nobody with Martial Lore can see it. Claw damage is magic (bite is not), but not silver.
Attack [roll41] for [roll42] and [roll43] and [roll44] fire hit for 15 after DR
Attack [roll45] for [roll46] and [roll47] and [roll48] fire miss
Attack [roll49] for [roll50] and [roll51] and [roll52] fire hit for 13 after DR
Attack [roll53] for [roll54] and [roll55] and [roll56] fire miss

Bite [roll57] for [roll58] and [roll59] and [roll60] fire hit for 12

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh221/jonathan8883/spot-inn-rd-4%20corr.jpg

T 78 damage, hasted
C 33 damage, 2 negative levels

G Dominated

Orlando 40 damage, GMA
Knurl 85 damage, Hasted, Exhausted (-6 str/dex, half speed), 5 dex damage from poison, prone (corrected to add 2 healing from Martial Spirit last round)
Brutus 144 damage, Hasted, Exhausted (-6 str/dex, half speed) (corrected to add healing from Knurl's Revitalizing strike)
Lorek 69 damage, Hasted, See Invisible, Greater Blink
=> Party

bcool999
2017-06-13, 02:03 AM
Brutus

Unable to stop the waves of negative energy from washing over him, Brutus feels the lack of sleep even more clearly, forming a bone-deep exhaustion. Seeing that the energy was the work of a being nearby, Brutus is enraged. With heavy tread he moves closer to where the waves emanated from and seeing nothing, trusts his nose to find his prey.

Exhausted so half speed and can't run or charge (ala the rules compendium where they tacked on the can't run or charge verbage from fatigued) Haste doubles speed so I am left at normal 20ft heavy armored move speed.

Move 20ft to AH:131.

Standard action: Power attack for 2 Great Swing on AF:131 AF:132 and AG:132
Attack: [roll0] (-3 from exhaustion, +2 assuming it's an arcane spellcaster, -2 PA)
Miss Chance: [roll1] 1-50 is a miss.
Damage: [roll2] + [roll3] Vamp + [roll4] Bane

Zanos
2017-06-19, 11:58 PM
Knurl vanishes in a dazzling area of sparks as Lorek channels through his rod one last time, leaving a very confused looking lizard in his place that swiftly tunnels underground. Lorek lays a skeletal hand on Knurl's prone causing it to bulge and distort grotesquely as it shifts into a massive troll.

The great-sword wielder receives a mental command to slay the priest of Malar next to him.

Seemingly satisfied, Lorek passes through the wall again back into the inn.

Using my horned lizard familiar with benign transposition to take the place of Knurl as a swift action. Horned lizard spends both it's move actions burrowing underground. FRA converting my empty 4th level slot into a CL 10 polymorph turning knurl into a cave troll. Giant, Large, NA +11, Str 29, Dex 13, Con 27 Special:Pounce, Rake, Rend, Improved Grab and Dazing Blow(Ex): DC 22 Fort or dazed. He also heals as though he rested a night, restoring HD in hit points and I believe 1 point of damage to all ability scores.
Then taking a 5 ft step back into the inn.

Aegis013
2017-06-20, 08:09 PM
Knurl, adjusting to his hulking new form, lurches up to his feet, providing ample opportunity for his enemies to attack him. Knowing the danger the priest presents, Knurl's eyes lock on the felinoid creature, his armor stretched tightly over his new body, he plants his feet into the ground, raises his appropriately sized shield and smashes it down against his enemy like a hammer, seeking to flatten his foe to the ground.

Knurl struggles to his feet, trying to find his balance in this new body, his movement still restricted by the magics on him, but once more able to move. He assumes a defensive stance, unable to reach any enemies in his weakened state.

Move: Stand up, provoking AoOs from Greatsword and the Talker.
Standard: Elder Mountain Hammer vs. Talker

-5 for Stone Power
[roll0] +18 [Critical Threat] to hit (22+3 Furious Counterstrike, -2 ability damage and shapeshift including size net effect, -5 Stone Power)
for [roll1] damage, ignoring DR and Hardness
[roll2] to self on hit

If it hits and deals 10+ damage, attempt to trip with the flail
[roll3] +19 [26] to connect the trip attempt
[roll4] +14 [31] to trip (8 str, +4 feat, +4 new size)

If successful on the trip attempt
[roll5] +18 [25] to hit with the shield again for
[roll6] damage
[roll7] to self on hit

attack 1
[roll8] +18 [33] to confirm
[roll9] additional damage

attack 2
[roll10] +18 [34] to confirm
[roll11] additional damage

Heals self 2 damage per successful hit

next maneuver granted
[roll12]

Move: Stand up
Standard: Fight Defensively (-2 to hit, +2 Dodge to AC)

If Knurl or an ally is attacked he will defend himself or any ally within his reach with a shield counter as an immediate action:
[roll13] +21 [33] to block
(errata is not in effect yet, so it doesn't do damage. If you rule it does do damage then...)
[roll14] damage and [roll15] self damage

Eldest
2017-06-21, 03:55 PM
Orlando snarls and whirls about, slashing at her foe.

Falchion Atack
[roll0]
[roll1] crit confirm if applicable (15+)
[roll2]
[roll3] crit damage if applicable
Second Flachion Attack
[roll4]
[roll5] crit confirm if applicable (15+)
[roll6]
[roll7] crit damage if applicable
Slam attack
[roll8]
[roll9] crit confirm if applicable (20)
[roll10]

J-H
2017-06-21, 10:22 PM
Round 5, Part 1

Inside the inn, Orlando slashes and punches at the four-armed were-cheetah, striking it three times in a matter of seconds (hit for 21-5+18-5+5-5 = 29 damage). His wounds close slightly (Orlando has Fast Healing 5)

Brutus thuds over towards the invisible wizard, moving slowly due to exhaustion. His ponderous swing splits the air in two, but finds no flesh.

Lorek performs a magical sleight-of-hand, ending with Knurl clumsily standing in troll form.

The dominated sword-wielder turns on the Malarite, slashing and biting at him, drawing blood only once.

Full attack
Greatsword [roll0] hit for 13 after DR
Damage [roll1]

Greatsword [roll2] miss
Damage [roll3]

Bite [roll4] miss
Damage [roll5]

T 91 damage, hasted
C 62 damage, 2 negative levels

G Dominated

Orlando 35 damage, GMA
Knurl 85 damage, Hasted, Exhausted (-6 str/dex, half speed), 5 dex damage from poison, Troll
Brutus 144 damage, Hasted, Exhausted (-6 str/dex, half speed)
Lorek 69 damage, Hasted, See Invisible, Greater Blink
enemy turn later or in the morning

J-H
2017-06-22, 08:01 AM
Round 5, Part 2

The cloudkill cloud moves east, and the fountain arrows continue to spray acid, hitting Knurl.

3 fountainhead arrows. No matter where Knurl was placed, he’d be in range.
Using Knurl’s normal Reflex save (based on DEX 10) -4 since he’s at DEX 2 (Troll 13 – 6 exhaustion -5 poison).
Acid [roll0] Reflex DC 14 half.
Knurl Reflex [roll1] fail, 12
Acid [roll2] Reflex DC 14 half.
Knurl Reflex [roll3] fail, 9
Acid [roll4] Reflex DC 14 half.
Knurl Reflex [roll5] success, 8
total 29 acid damage

Orlando’s foe strikes again, his claws no longer tipped with flame. The archer, inside, decides to move around the rolling cloud instead of trying to shoot through the whirling wall of blades. He nocks two arrows at once and sends them flying into the melee, the arrows curving around the doorframe to hit, but they don't seem to harm the vampire at all.

C Full attack, power attack for -3/+3 vs Orlando AC 28 and DR 10 mag/sil.

Claw 1
Attack [roll6]
Damage [roll7] plus [roll8] hit for 7

Claw 2
Attack [roll9]
Damage [roll10] plus [roll11] hit for 6

Claw 3
Attack [roll12]
Damage [roll13] plus [roll14] miss

Claw 4
Attack [roll15]
Damage [roll16] plus [roll17] miss

Bite
Attack [roll18]
Damage [roll19] miss

B Manyshot, -4 from manyshot, +1 to hit & damage from PBS
Attack [roll20] what a waste of a 20!
Arrow 1 [roll21] plus [roll22] elec negated by DR & elec resist
Arrow 2 [roll23] plus [roll24] elec negated by DR & elec resist

The wizard, facing a great brute in front of him, conjures up a cloud of bright motes of light, which settle on the minotaur. Brutus can hear him running away very quickly to the south, but can’t pinpoint him.

Glitterdust
Will DC 17 or blind
Brutus Will [roll25] save

“What in the name of the hunt-lord are you doing!” The Malarite shrieks at his companion. “Filus, shoot the cow-man. Silat, blind this one. Kill that spellcaster!”

The warlock launches a single dark blast at the greatsword wielder, while the caster sidesteps and points through the window at Lorek. The ground and floorboards explode upwards around the lich and the large troll in a gout of flame as he casts Earth Reaver, injuring both and knocking Knurl forward onto the ground.

Beshadowed blast
Attack [roll26] hit for 22
Damage [roll27]
Fort DC 19 or blind
Gs Fort [roll28] fail, blinded 1 rd

Earth Reaver
[roll29] damage and [roll30] fire damage, no save
Reflex DC 20 or prone
Lorek miss chance [roll31] it's actually half damage, so 14 damage for Lorek & 28 for Knurl
Lorek Reflex [roll32] save
Knurl Reflex [roll33] fail, prone

The archer moves west, firing an arrow at Brutus, but missing.

Attack [roll34] miss due to gleaming
Damage [roll35]

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh221/jonathan8883/spot-inn-rd-5.jpg
T 91 damage, hasted
C 62 damage, 2 negative levels

G 22 damage, blind until round 6 part 2, Dominated, trying to kill T

Orlando 48 damage, GMA
Knurl 142 damage, Hasted, Exhausted (-6 str/dex, half speed), 5 dex damage from poison, Troll, prone
Brutus 144 damage, Hasted, Exhausted (-6 str/dex, half speed), glittery
Lorek 83 damage, Hasted, See Invisible, Greater Blink

=> Party

Eldest
2017-06-22, 10:54 AM
Orlando looks down at the arrow in her cold, dead flesh, and pulls it out, chuckling. Really? Cute. She smirks, and raises her weapon. My turn.

Swift: nothing.
Full Attack, Power Attacking for 3.
[roll0] (crits on a roll of 30 or higher)
[roll1]
[roll2] (crits on a roll of 25 or higher)
[roll3]
[roll4] (crits on a roll of 29)
[roll5]

bcool999
2017-06-22, 07:11 PM
Brutus

Using the wall for cover from the archer, Brutus moves. Upset that the unseen mage is still out there, Brutus is cautious of attacks.

Brutus moves south 20ft to AH:136 and uses Total defence for +4 dodge bonus to AC.

Aegis013
2017-06-22, 10:17 PM
Feeling his vigor leaving him and knowing he's nearing his limits, Knurl determines to make a tactical advance to the rear. Activating his Boots of Swift Passage once more, he teleports into the building. Discovering the vapors, he drags his aching body towards the West wall. He leans against the wall and attempts to catch his breath, still struggling to command this strange trollish body.

Move: Boots of Swift Passage 20ft to the north.
Standard -> Move: move 30ft (half exhausted, doubled haste) to AJ,121&122 and AK,121&122.
Swift nothing.

I'm at 11 hp at this point.

Zanos
2017-06-27, 08:15 AM
Lorek retreats back into the storage room by walking through the walls, healing himself slightly as he goes.

[roll0]

J-H
2017-06-27, 08:57 PM
Round 6, Part 1
Orlando counter-attacks the were-cheetah facing her after laughing off the archer’s attempts to harm her.

Miss, hit for 21 after DR, hit for 3 after DR.

Brutus, Lorek, and Knurl reposition themselves, the troll/orc stomping through and stopping in the waving field of tentacles.

The dominated were-cheetah follows his former leader, circling and making a single blind attack.

Standard attack and refreshing maneuvers. Making a 10’ move to get +2AC from stance.
Attack [roll0] miss chance [roll1] miss, and on a crit threat at that
Damage [roll2]

T 91 damage, hasted
C 86 damage, 2 negative levels

G 22 damage, blind until round 6 part 2, Dominated, trying to kill T

Orlando 48 damage, GMA
Knurl 142 damage, Hasted, Exhausted (-6 str/dex, half speed), 5 dex damage from poison, Troll
Lorek 70 damage, Hasted, See Invisible, Greater Blink

J-H
2017-06-27, 09:20 PM
Round 6, Part 2

The blindness wears off of the dominated swordsman.
The poisonous cloud moves east; the fountainhead arrow ceases functioning in a final spittering sputter of acid; and tentacles attempt to ensnare Knurl, but fail.

Tentacle grapple [roll0]
Knurl grapple [roll1] (BAB 13 + strength 3 (troll 23-6 exhaustion) + strength 2 (item of str+4) + large 4)
Damage [roll2]

The bowman, unable to harm the only target in sight, runs outside. The archer at the gate advances cautiously, lacking any targets.

The invisible wizard casts a spell, or at least it sounds like it. A bunch of magically conjured swordsmen appear to Brutus’ south, appearing to bar the way.

No Spellcraft, so you can’t tell what the spell is. It looks like the sentinels are not going to be moving from their current location.

Orlando’s opponent simply grins and tries to rip at her again, striking with all four limbs.

C Full attack, power attack for -1/+1 vs Orlando AC 28 and DR 10 mag/sil.

Claw 1
Attack [roll3]
Damage [roll4] plus [roll5] hit for 6 after DR

Claw 2
Attack [roll6]
Damage [roll7] plus [roll8] hit for 4 after DR

Claw 3
Attack [roll9]
Damage [roll10] plus [roll11] hit for 8 after DR

Claw 4
Attack [roll12]
Damage [roll13] plus [roll14] hit for 4 after DR

Bite
Attack [roll15]
Damage [roll16]

The flyer blasts the dominated swordsman again, leaving him unable to see.

Beshadowed blast
Attack [roll17]
Damage [roll18] hit for 15, blind
Fort DC 19 or blind
Gs Fort [roll19]

The enemy leader steps away from his deluded follower again, casting a spell on him, but it fails.

Hold Person, Will DC 18
Gs Will [roll20] save

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh221/jonathan8883/spot-inn-rd-6.jpg (http://s257.photobucket.com/user/jonathan8883/media/spot-inn-rd-6.jpg.html)
T 91 damage, hasted
C 86 damage, 2 negative levels

G 37 damage, Blind until Round 7 Part 2, Dominated, trying to kill T

Orlando 65 damage after accounting for fast healing 5 (please post that in your turn to help me remember), GMA
Knurl 142 out of 182hp damage, Hasted, Exhausted (-6 str/dex, half speed), 5 dex damage from poison, Troll
Lorek 70 damage, Hasted, See Invisible, Greater Blink

=> Party

bcool999
2017-06-28, 04:12 PM
Brutus

Seeing the obstacle before him, Brutus sighs and slams into the wall next to him, seeking to break through and find prey.

Standard Action to break down the wall beside him. If successful, Move action to move towards the Archer.

Strength check: [roll0]
Move Action: 20ft. of best path movement to archer. (Not sure if I can jump over the dotted line or not. If so, Jump check below)

Jump: [roll1]

Aegis013
2017-07-01, 10:10 PM
Knurl, having caught a second wind, lumbers in his still unfamiliar body towards the southern wall. Activating his boots once more, he materializes outside again.

move and use a third charge on my boots to go to AL 129 (top left)-AM 130 (bottom right)
2 charges on the boots left for today.

Zanos
2017-07-03, 12:41 PM
Lorek heals himself once more, phasing through the walls once more to distract Orlando's opponent.

[roll0] healing
Moving behind C to provide flanking for Orlando.

Eldest
2017-07-03, 01:14 PM
Orlando grunts and swings again. Just die already.

I think I'm going to try power attacking for 5 again.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll]1d6+6

J-H
2017-07-03, 10:05 PM
Round 7, Part 1

Lorek floats through the wall, boxing in the four-armed were-cheetah. Orlando takes advantage of this, striking three times and leaving a big gash on the creature’s abdomen (24+50+2 = 76 damage).

Knurl teleports into the courtyard, while Brutus smashes the worn wooden wall with a single blow and stomps towards the archer.

The dominated were-cheetah sniffs the air, stepping towards his former leader and making a single thrust with his greatsword in a style that Knurl recognizes, but the caster's defenses turn the blade away.

Ruby Nightmare Blade
Concentration check [roll0] vs T AC
Miss chance [roll1] low is bad
PA -2/+4
Attack [roll2] rolled a 2...missed.
Damage [roll3] doubled if Conc check is successful

T 91 damage, hasted
C 162 damage, 2 negative levels

G 37 damage, Blind until Round 7 Part 2, Dominated, trying to kill T

Orlando 60 damage after accounting for fast healing 5 (please post that in your turn to help me remember), GMA
Knurl 142 out of 182hp damage, Hasted, Exhausted (-6 str/dex, half speed), 5 dex damage from poison, Troll
Lorek 50 damage, Hasted, See Invisible, Greater Blink

J-H
2017-07-03, 10:24 PM
Round 7, Part 2

The four-armed were-cheetah howls in pain, and in an eyeblink vanishes from sight. Lorek sees badly wounded lycanthrope turn and run past him on the ethereal plane, and reaches out a skeletal hand, sucking the life out of him. Slowing, the creature hobbles away.

Swift Etherealness, then double move if he survives.
AOO touch attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1] save for 5 damage
Will DC 17 half forgot the -2 from neg levels on both, but he passed handily
C Will [roll2]
Fort DC 17 or paralyzed
C Fort [roll3]

C is Disabled and is taking a single move action only.

As though aware of the predicament the one inside the inn is in, the talkative cheetah calls out. “Fall back… and the Spot Clan will return with greater numbers later!” as he moves away.

A burst of white magic surrounds the dominated swordsman, and he stands, stupified for a moment.

Targeted dispel from the wizard [roll4] vs 23 (base 11 + Lorek CL 12) success

If it fails, AOO on T…
Attack [roll5]
Damage [roll6]

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh221/jonathan8883/spot-inn-rd-7.jpg (http://s257.photobucket.com/user/jonathan8883/media/spot-inn-rd-7.jpg.html)

T 91 damage, hasted
C 0hp/disabled, 2 negative levels, ethereal until the beginning of his next turn
G 37 damage

Orlando 60 damage after accounting for fast healing 5 (please post that in your turn to help me remember), GMA
=> Party

bcool999
2017-07-03, 11:00 PM
Brutus

Moving forward, Brutus attacks the only were-cheetah in range, the greatsword wielder. He huffs with tiredness as he raises his axe before bringing it down in a brutal arc at the creature's head.

Move 20ft do East (should end with my top right corner 5ft south of the wall of blades)

Standard: Power Attack for 7

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] + [roll2] Vampiric

Don't think he is an arcane spellcaster but if so, add +2 to hit and damage above and [roll3] damage from Magebane.

Confirm: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

Zanos
2017-07-04, 02:04 AM
Does it matter whether you die now or later, mortals? It comes for you regardless.

Lorek waves his hand dismissively at the fleeing creature, sending a cascade of force missiles slamming into his ethereal form.

FRA to convert an open first level slot into a CL 10 magic missile
[roll0]

Aegis013
2017-07-05, 06:45 PM
Knurl lumbers hurriedly in his fatigued state, able to move reasonably only due to the magic quickening him.

Double move to AO 142-AP 143

Maneuvers granted this round, all but 1, on next turn, all will be granted.
[roll0] (granted last round, technically)
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4] (granted this round)

If Shield Counter is granted, shield counter the first attack targeting Knurl
[roll5] to counter

Eldest
2017-07-09, 08:42 AM
Orlando looks sadly as the fleeing form falls. I was going to eat that. And frowns. She then steps into the sunlight, wincing on reflex but warded from it's burning, and strides through the cloud of noxious smoke.
Calling back over her shoulder, she saysSo, who were these people?

Double move to AS 125. Again, I'm sorry this took so long.

J-H
2017-07-09, 01:18 PM
Round 8, Part 1

Lorek blasts the fleeing ethereal were-cheetah with a volley of magic missiles, killing him. Brutus lumbers over to the formerly-dominated warblade, but misses with a clumsy blow. Orlando and Knurl move in pursuit.

Orlando heals 5hp.

Round 8, Part 2

The remaining cheetahs disengage quickly, running blindingly fast. Brutus has a chance to take a swing at the enemy next to him, but misses.

Attack
Damage [roll]47 plus [roll1] vamp

Wall of Blades counter [roll2]

T 91 damage, hasted
G 37 damage

Orlando 55 damage, GMA

Once per hour, cheetahs can move 10x normal speed (500’) in a straight line in 1 round. Unless someone has the ability to hit a target 500’ away, or can move fast enough to chase them down I will call this combat over.

=> Party

Eldest
2017-07-09, 01:40 PM
Orlando emerges from the smoke to find them all fleeing, dead, or gone. Anybody want to tell me why they wanted us dead?

bcool999
2017-07-11, 01:03 AM
Brutus

Near collapsing from battle, Brutus calls on a magical item to ease his wounds as he answers Orlando. "Seems we entered their territory. They wished to take what is ours so that we could sleep in that hovel," Brutus waves at the mildly destroyed Inn derisively, "We refused."

Using 1 charge from the healing belt (may use more later... we will see): [roll0]

Aegis013
2017-07-11, 05:48 PM
Knurl wobbles over to the congregating members, huffing through his unfamiliar troll nose. "Well I made them a vow that we would exact revenge against them and their kin if they made such an attempt, and I'd like to see about making good on that promise. I'm not especially concerned about how long it takes me to uphold that, but assuming we can make a reasonably quick recovery and track them, I think it may be best to press our advantage, seeing as their rout may have affected their morale in combat."

bcool999
2017-07-11, 06:08 PM
Brutus

As the Haste effect wears off, Brutus's body feels unconsciously heavy. "Sleep first... tonight... we hunt. Lorek? You said you had a safe place to sleep? I'm... very tired." Brutus's eyes can barely stay open anymore.

Eldest
2017-07-13, 10:05 PM
A place out of the sun would be lovely. My rest was interrupted, I would like to regain my spells. And this hovel is apparently contested.

Aegis013
2017-07-22, 12:53 PM
"The battle took a serious toll on me. My ability to move at this time is contingent on Lorek's magic continuing to act upon my body. While I'm not comfortable in this unfamiliar skin, it's certainly preferable to my condition otherwise. If we seek somewhere else to rest, we must be quick about it while the magic remains, unless you have some way to carry me or intend to leave me to the beasts of the earth."

Judging by his inflection, it seems Knurl doesn't have any illusions about the sorry state he's in.

Eldest
2017-07-22, 04:53 PM
I would carry you! You are full of delicious blood if nothing else. She gives a toothy grin. But yes, half our members are delicious, I mean damaged. We need a place to recuperate. Preferably not here.

bcool999
2017-07-24, 07:34 PM
"I can carry you as well if needed... not quickly though." Brutus says and tiredly looks towards the two undead, "Can you find anyplace nearby that we could rest at? Someplace we can defend."

Zanos
2017-07-26, 01:01 PM
"I can create a pocket dimension for us to rest in, but those creatures would likely track us if they return. Keen senses of smell."

He glances briefly at the ground.

"I can create a pocket dimension for us to rest in, but those creatures would likely track us if they return. Keen senses of smell."

Aegis013
2017-07-26, 11:44 PM
"I suspect we'll be relying on your magics then, Lorek. In our state, I doubt we could make it to a defensible location without further incident. We'll simply have to trust that our vitality will return to us before the Spot Clan returns." Knurl states, indicating his agreement with Lorek's musing. As he speaks he looks at his hands and slowly opens and closes them, still finding the feeling of the Troll body unfamiliar.

Eldest
2017-11-30, 08:39 AM
I am in agreement. We should rest here, and resolve the lycanthrope problem after doing so.