PDA

View Full Version : Warlock help

Azazel_Unbound
2017-02-16, 01:22 PM
So, I need a little help here as the warlock'd general spell casting has me confused. Its max is a 5th lvl spell slot. If I took create undead as my 6th lvl from mystic Arcanum, am I unable to cast beyond that lvl and am I able yo cast say a third level at a 9th?

gfishfunk
2017-02-16, 01:25 PM
All mystic arcanum spells are always cast at the level of the spell. You cannot cast them at a higher spell slot. They are each once per day (if I recall correctly).

Otherwise, your other spells are all level 5, using your warlock spell slots.

RipTide
2017-02-16, 01:33 PM
Warlock slots and mystic arcanam are competently separate. A Warlock could never up cast a Fireball (level 3 spell) as a 6th level spell. Mystic arcanum lets you learn 1 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th level spell and they can be cast once per day as that level, you do not gain a 6th, 7th, 8th, or 9th level slot to be able to up cast with. Warlock gets no spell slots beyond 5th level.

Azazel_Unbound
2017-02-16, 01:42 PM
thank you for the clear up, that was throwing me for a loop!

NecroDancer
2017-02-16, 02:09 PM
Mystical Arcanum are limited but a small price to pay for 5th level spells coming back at short rests.

Matrix_Walker
2017-02-16, 03:33 PM
Their Arcanum can never be changed or upcast, they are not really spells, they are 1/Long Rest abilities.

They have no slots, so they cannot ever upcast 5th level spells, or their Arcanum.

If the resting tempo matches the books recommendations, they are pretty competitive with full casters, but no where near as versatile, but they have invocations to make up for it.