jaappleton
2017-02-16, 02:03 PM
They're taking Monday off.

Arenabait
2017-02-16, 02:25 PM
Can I see the Source?

Aett_Thorn
2017-02-16, 02:28 PM
Don't mind it being delayed a day because of the holiday, but do we have any idea what it might be? Mystic? Or something else?

jaappleton
2017-02-16, 02:33 PM
Can I see the Source?

https://twitter.com/Wizards_DnD/status/832304061714165760

jaappleton
2017-02-16, 02:35 PM
Don't mind it being delayed a day because of the holiday, but do we have any idea what it might be? Mystic? Or something else?

I'm thinking Mystic, or a list of spells. Just "Bam. 24 new spells. Enjoy your Cold Dragon Sorcerer. What do you think?"

Beyond that? "Ok, we processed your feedback on the Bard, Cleric, and Druid articles. What do you think of these tweaks?"

Arenabait
This makes me sad... They better work on something great, or fix up the most recent one.

DracoKnight
I was about to make a post on this! :smallbiggrin:

jaappleton
2017-02-16, 02:36 PM
This makes me sad... They better work on something great, or fix up the most recent one.

I'm unsure of your location, but its President's Day. Some companies give the day off. It is what it is. It's just a day. Thankfully its not a two week delay like we had before this Warlock one.

jaappleton
2017-02-16, 02:38 PM
I was about to make a post on this! :smallbiggrin:

Oh you know I'm quicker on the draw than that, my friend.

I obviously won Initiative. :smalltongue:

Arenabait
2017-02-16, 02:38 PM
I'm unsure of your location, but its President's Day. Some companies give the day off. It is what it is. It's just a day. Thankfully its not a two week delay like we had before this Warlock one.

Oh crap, I don't have school, woohoo!

jaappleton
2017-02-16, 02:41 PM
Oh crap, I don't have school, woohoo!

See? Now you're less sad. :smallbiggrin:

DracoKnight
2017-02-16, 02:42 PM
Oh you know I'm quicker on the draw than that, my friend.

I obviously won Initiative. :smalltongue:

I mean, if I had to lose to someone! :smallwink:

Matrix_Walker
2017-02-16, 02:44 PM
I'm guessing we're going to be seeing the Mystic 1-20 with at least 3 Mystic Orders.

Kileonhardt
2017-02-16, 02:45 PM
I'm thinking Mystic, or a list of spells. Just "Bam. 24 new spells. Enjoy your Cold Dragon Sorcerer. What do you think?"

Beyond that? "Ok, we processed your feedback on the Bard, Cleric, and Druid articles. What do you think of these tweaks?"

They've eluded to Mystic being done for a while so I'd be disappointed if it's not released next. Granted they could be making changes to it based on feedback the other UA releases have gotten so maybe it will be delayed.

Spells would be great. I'd love to be able to run a Black or Copper Draconic Sorc.

jaappleton
2017-02-16, 02:46 PM
I'm guessing we're going to be seeing the Mystic 1-20 with at least 3 Mystic Orders.

Oh, more orders than that. A lot more. Trust me*. :smallwink:

*Mearls talked about it a bit on Twitter one day when he was feeling especially open. There's like 7 orders? I think one if attached to the Fighter and is EK style. Funny, he's been considerably more mum on things since then... Funny how that works, huh?

Dudu
2017-02-16, 04:48 PM
I'd rather see stuff like new spells. Mostly for clerics, who didn't get much after PHB.

DracoKnight
2017-02-16, 04:49 PM
I'd rather see stuff like new spells. Mostly for clerics, who didn't get much after PHB.

Yes! We need some love for clerics! They got shafted in Elemental Evil! :smallmad:

jaappleton
2017-02-16, 04:57 PM
Yes! We need some love for clerics! They got shafted in Elemental Evil! :smallmad:

Them and Paladins both.

Kileonhardt
2017-02-16, 05:05 PM
Them and Paladins both.

Bards too! I mean there was a few Bard spells but it was nothing grand, just like with Ranger.

jaappleton
2017-02-16, 05:23 PM
Bards too! I mean there was a few Bard spells but it was nothing grand, just like with Ranger.

It's a little harder to screw a Bard when they can steal spells from anyone :smallwink:

daltonispanda
2017-02-16, 06:48 PM
What if it's just a huge wild magic surge table?

Deleted
2017-02-16, 07:35 PM
What if it's just a huge wild magic surge table?

Massive disappointment as that doesn't help the Wild Sorcerer at all.

Taking the class features out of the DM's hands is the only way you can fix that issue.

MrStabby
2017-02-16, 08:12 PM
Spells would be great. I'd love to be able to run a Black or Copper Draconic Sorc.

Frankly I think that Green is the dragon that needs a bit of attention. There are not enough worthwhile poison spells out there to compensate for the poison immunity that everything seems to get.

jaappleton
2017-02-16, 08:29 PM
Frankly I think that Green is the dragon that needs a bit of attention. There are not enough worthwhile poison spells out there to compensate for the poison immunity that everything seems to get.

Something that needs to be baked in to the Draconic Sorcerer abilities:

Know how you can spend a SP to gain resistance to your Draconic damage type? When you do that, your spells overcome Resistance, and treat Resistance as Immunity. Maybe have the 'resistance as immunity' part kick in at lv6 or 11 or something (to prevent dipping abuse), but it needs to be baked in.

King539
2017-02-16, 08:46 PM
Pleasepleaseplease be mystic!

Asmotherion
2017-02-16, 08:47 PM

I really hope they remove the mystyc as an idea altogether, and keep it only as an archetype.

jaappleton
2017-02-16, 08:50 PM
I really hope they remove the mystyc as an idea altogether, and keep it only as an archetype.

Nope. It's a whole class, already written up. 1-20, tons of archetypes.

JumboWheat01
2017-02-16, 10:54 PM
I'm hoping for mystics myself, as I know nothing of psionics and am curious about the system. I know I should probably just dig into my pile of 3e books and see if I happen to have the psionic splat, but I'd rather see it for a system I actually play in.

Though I wouldn't say no to a nice big UA full of spells, especially spells tailored for a Copper/Black or Green Draconic Sorcerer. Especially for a Green Draconic Sorcerer. They need more love.

Potato_Priest
2017-02-16, 11:01 PM
Thanks for the announcement.

Personally, I have no idea why people like psionics so much. The difference between manipulating the world with your mind and some waggling of fingers and manipulating the world with your mind has never really stood out to me. However, I probably have an entirely wrong idea of what psionics even are, and I would not mind being educated.

I would love some more spells.

Deleted
2017-02-16, 11:04 PM
Thanks for the announcement.

Personally, I have no idea why people like psionics so much. The difference between manipulating the world with your mind and some waggling of fingers and manipulating the world with your mind has never really stood out to me. However, I probably have an entirely wrong idea of what psionics even are, and I would not mind being educated.

I would love some more spells.

There are many many many reasons. Part of it is the fluff, but part of it is how you can do different things with psionics that arcane/divine magic can't.

Like removing someone's brain and using specific terminology.

Plus 4e Psionics was just straight up awesome.

DragonSorcererX
2017-02-17, 10:48 AM
I'm hoping for mystics myself, as I know nothing of psionics and am curious about the system. I know I should probably just dig into my pile of 3e books and see if I happen to have the psionic splat, but I'd rather see it for a system I actually play in.

Though I wouldn't say no to a nice big UA full of spells, especially spells tailored for a Copper/Black or Green Draconic Sorcerer. Especially for a Green Draconic Sorcerer. They need more love.

Yes! Acid is one of the best damage types of the game (because resistances).

There are many many many reasons. Part of it is the fluff, but part of it is how you can do different things with psionics that arcane/divine magic can't.

Like removing someone's brain and using specific terminology.

Plus 4e Psionics was just straight up awesome.

While, I didn't really like the 4e stuff, it had great fluff sometimes, and Psionics was one of the things they made right, all that crystal stuff looked really cool!

Millstone85
2017-02-17, 11:01 AM
Personally, I have no idea why people like psionics so much. The difference between manipulating the world with your mind and some waggling of fingers and manipulating the world with your mind has never really stood out to me. However, I probably have an entirely wrong idea of what psionics even are, and I would not mind being educated.I wouldn't yet call myself a fan of psionics, but the way I see it a psionicist is to a spellcaster what an arcane spellcaster is to a divine spellcaster. Your power relies neither on a higher being nor on any ambient weave of mana, but only on your own body, mind and soul.

Amusingly, that means a wizard is actually more "Jedi" than a mystic. An energy field created by all living things, that surrounds us and penetrates us? Thanks, but no thanks, says the mystic.

There are also players who just like the class mechanics.