PDA

View Full Version : Summoner Druid Feats and PrC

tedcahill2
2017-02-16, 04:50 PM
My friends and I are playing an E6 style game, so I need lots of feats for my druid. I want to start by focusing on summons, but then pick up with wild shape feats too.

I also want to see if there's a PrC than I can get a level in my level 6, that adds something cool to my summons or my wild shape.

Suggestions?

Uncle Pine
2017-02-16, 05:23 PM
Have you given a look at eggynack's handbook (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?439991-Being-Everything-Eggynack-s-Comprehensive-Druid-Handbook)? It has a lot of stuff about Druids.

eggynack
2017-02-16, 05:29 PM
Well, shifter stuff related to summoning, both substitution levels and moonspeaker based, comes online after 6th, so that's probably not the way to go. Half-orc stuff comes online by that time though. The general form for that kind of build is dragonborn desert half-orc using half-orc substitution levels from races of eberron. Gets you augment summoning in exchange for a single wild shape use at 6th level. Obviously good trade, that, and the other abilities are sweet as well. That'd mean going full druid, but that's fine, cause prestige classes don't do overmuch for summoning. Only summoning prestige class I can think of for this level range is paragnostic apostle for call of worlds granting your summons fast healing, which isn't great, and the skill requirements are super awkward. For feats, the classic early level option is greenbound summoning. Ashbound is solid as well. I guess something something beckon the frozen or whatever. For wild shape feats, exalted, dragon, and frozen are right out based on level requirement. Aberration is a legal maneuver though. You don't have nearly the awesomeness as you'd have a level later with enhance wild shape, but there're some forms hanging out.

Your options are pretty limited here. There are some sweet summoning oriented items that you can pick up. Ring of the beast is a classic, as is a chronocharm of the uncaring archmage (might even be better than the ring in this level range), and Ehlonna's brooch is decent as well. Summoner's totem too, as a better form of imbued summoning, especially at this level range where 3rd level spells are your maximum.

Uncle Pine
2017-02-16, 05:36 PM
Not summoning-related, but since you mentioned being interested in wild shape as well you could take a level in Master of Many Forms and get to wild shape into humanoids.