PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Channeling the cosmos

Adalid
2017-02-16, 06:09 PM
Hello once again giantitp, starting a campaign in a few weeks and I would like to play a sort of cosmic themed character. I was wondering if anyone had a starting point for me, I enjoy playing gishes mostly but if that does not have a fit I could shoot for an astronomer that draws on the stars for his power. All 3.5/p material is allowed. Any help would be appreciated thank you.

Kelb_Panthera
2017-02-16, 06:15 PM
The easiest answer I can think of is manual of the planes' planeshifter. Unless you meant stellar cosmos rather than planar cosmos?

Adalid
2017-02-16, 06:17 PM
Stellar would have been preferred but either works since planar would fit a dnd theme better.

Uncle Pine
2017-02-16, 06:19 PM
Planar Sheperd: when it's not you who goes to the cosmo, but the cosmo coming at you!

Being a PrC available to Druids, "gish" is already built in your basic class. Just remember to optimize based on your table, not on the Planar Shepherd's optimization ceiling.

Deadline
2017-02-16, 06:45 PM
Hello once again giantitp, starting a campaign in a few weeks and I would like to play a sort of cosmic themed character. I was wondering if anyone had a starting point for me, I enjoy playing gishes mostly but if that does not have a fit I could shoot for an astronomer that draws on the stars for his power. All 3.5/p material is allowed. Any help would be appreciated thank you.

This kinda sounds like a Bard/Sublime Chord (prestige class in Complete Arcane). Sort of a "music of the spheres" vibe.