PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next The Sorcerer, Reimagined

PanosIs
2017-02-16, 07:21 PM
Hello travellers, prodigious mages and powerful fighters,

As I said in a previous post I have been homebrewing a bunch for the campaign I'm running. At some point I added feats to the game that were weaker than the default 5e feats but the characters acquired them more often. Some of those feats were metamagic feats, working much in the same way that 3.5e metamagic feats work. But this raised the problem of the Sorcerer loosing a lot of its character as metamagic was one of the core aspects of the class. Thusly the Sorcerer class was redesigned and I present to you my work: Sorcerer, Reignited (http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/HyXxVUDux) (Homebrewery link so use Chrome or it gets messed up)

PanosIs
2017-02-17, 01:43 PM
Unsure if allowed to bump, since I just added a tag, but I would love some feedback on this.

Perch
2017-02-17, 01:57 PM
Do you plan to write more origins?

The phoenix one looks original and cool. Keep up.

Amnoriath
2017-02-18, 07:45 PM
While Arcane Fusion is a nod to how any Sorcerer will choose Quicken Spell as 1 of their 3 Metamagic options the 1st one alone increases your casting by 3 1st level, 6 2nd level, 5 3rd level, 3 4th level, and 1 5th level slots just from the chart alone. Greater Arcane Fusion is beyond broken casting 3 spells a round 12 times a day with no cost equals battles done for the day again just from the chart alone. On top of all this the lack of Metamagic loses the exotic touch and mastery a Sorcerer has over other full casters. Though you do have good sub-classes, only wish the sorcery points had more use than just spell slots.