PDA

View Full Version : Equivalent of Words of Creation for Not-Good?

Rijan_Sai
2017-02-17, 02:27 AM
Probably not, but it never hurts to ask...

I've been looking through the books and around the web, but I haven't been able to find anything like that. Specifically the Inspire Courage boost for a less than Holier-than-Thou Bard.

If not, I'll just use the options available and go with it... thanks!

Malroth
2017-02-17, 02:47 AM
Dark Speech is the evil equivilent and it does completely different things than Words of Creation. Most abusably Dark Speech can imbue swarms with evil hiveminds with powerful sorcerer casting.

Rijan_Sai
2017-02-19, 03:32 PM
Dark Speech is the evil equivilent and it does completely different things than Words of Creation. Most abusably Dark Speech can imbue swarms with evil hiveminds with powerful sorcerer casting.

Thanks! I knew about Dark Speech "fun;" unfortunately, in this instance it does not do what I am looking for... So, I guess Evil doesn't get to have the Bard toys that Uber-Good does. :smallsigh:

Malroth
2017-02-20, 02:55 AM
Nope you gotta stick to the evil bard tricks of brainwashing the chancelor into kidnapping the princess or framing Goody McHeropants for crimes he diddn't commit or letting loose hundreds of evil swarms to devour the world.

ShurikVch
2017-02-20, 11:59 AM
It looks like WotC considered "<anything> Courage" as a strictly Good thing

I mean: Paladin have Aura of Courage, Paladin of Tyranny - Aura of Despair

Thus, Evil Bards got Blasphemous Utterance, Doomspeak, Inspire Hatred, and Sickening Sonata