PDA

View Full Version : Acolyte of the Ego facemask?

Avigor
2017-02-17, 06:23 AM
Can anyone think of a facemask that an Acolyte of the Ego could wear to prevent anyone nearby from just hearing his truename as he speaks it, without disrupting the ability? Preferably without preventing the sonic attack option as well, or doing something that using that destroys your anti-eavesdropper protection.
No specific rush to get an answer, it was just something that randomly occurred to me as I was reading over the class recently.

Madara
2017-02-17, 02:56 PM
Sculpt Spell+ Silence+ layers could work. You'd make a Ball of Silence as a 20ft. radius spread, which would turn corners. Then create a layered mask. Obviously you'd need a permanency...

daremetoidareyo
2017-02-17, 03:01 PM
Maybe a ghostly visaget symbiont

Worn on your face

The Viscount
2017-02-17, 04:40 PM
As written, characters can't actually learn your personal truename without doing research to find it, even if they hear you saying it.

Zanos
2017-02-17, 05:00 PM
As written, characters can't actually learn your personal truename without doing research to find it, even if they hear you saying it.
I think this is intended. You can't learn a True Name by just hearing it, it's far too complex.

mabriss lethe
2017-02-17, 07:50 PM
They also gain the Alter Personal Truename ability that makes it almost impossible for anyone else to pronounce it. (+4 from it being a personal truename, +4, and later+8 from the ability.